7 MINUTES AGO In Both of Me, a total stranger changes Clara's life 4ever. Win this mind blowing book from @BlinkPublishing today: http://t.co/ueozMpeV4p

AN HOUR AGO Who wants to get paid to play with puppies? 🙋 :http://t.co/yTJ71zaS1nn

2 HOURS AGO Exactly what to get your besties for under $20: http://t.co/7DhXVivyTq

COMMENTS

4 babysitting sitches--solved!

Sure, you went to the Safe Sitters class and know how to do CPR, but are you really ready for every issue a baby can have...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
OK, so I'm 13, a girl and I'm taking the Red Cross Babysitting coursing in a week and one day (I'm super exited, as you can tell! xP). I really want to babysit once I get certified, but my mom won't let me! She says I'm too young but most the girls in my class babysit and I even know some 10 year olds who babysit! What?! What do YOU think the best age to babysit is? Also, how do you think I should tell her I'm ready? Thank you!

Hey 4sisbro, I think 16 is a good age to start, because you're a teenager. But it's good that you are taking the course now, because in three years you'll definitely be an expert. If you think you're ready, you may be ready. Maybe start off small with asking to babysit your neighbors kids and then advance to larger jobs. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by 4sisbro on 2/8/2013 12:43:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Ok so I'm 12 (going into seventh grade) and there are kids in my class who babysit, and I realllly want to, too! The only problem is, I don't know whether or not I can babysit. I'm pretty good with kids younger than 8, but above 8 IDK I just feel. . .awkward trying to boss them around. So should i babysit or do something else?

Hey girl! Why not ask families you know with kids younger than 8? Kids from 4-8 would probably be the best age for you since babies and toddlers are a lot of work and over 8 is a little too close to your age.  xoxo

Kate G.

by emonade on 8/2/2012 12:14:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I'm a Jr.Leader at a camp for 3-5 year olds and I'm having a hard time interacting with them! I'll ask them simple questions like "What is your favorite color?"(I don't know what else to talk about!) and I'll play with them and read them stories, but I still don't feel like I'm as enthusiastic as the actual counselors. Any tips?

Hey girl! Being a junior leader gives you a chance to learn from the actual counselors.  They've been doing this for longer, so they have way more practice in being enthusiastic.  Ask for tips, and you'll find yourself connecting more with the campers.  xoxo

Kate G.

by taytaychicken331 on 7/31/2012 12:25:30 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
So, tomorrow night from 5 to 10 pm I am babysitting my neighbor's kids for the second time. It's the second time I've babysat ever as well, and I feel like the first time I didn't do so well. It went alright but I felt like the kids were bored. They're both boys, 2 and 5 years old. And I honestly have nooo idea what I'm going to do with them tomorrow! 5 hours is a long time when you don't have anything to entertain the kids with.. I do know that they love Spiderman but not sure how I could incorporate that in.. any ideas on what to do? They're adorable and I just want to do a good job Tong Really nervous.

Hey girl,

Ask them what games they like to play! They might have a favorite board game, or maybe they want to pretend their couch is a ship. You could also play outside! Instead of coming up with a million ideas, ask what they like. And don't be afraid to ask their parents what they like, too!

Meghan D.

by barenziah97 on 7/21/2012 12:57:00 AM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod
Ok so I love to babysit and I love kids! So in a couple days I have to babysit for this little one year old girl! But the thing is I have to babysit her for 4 hours. So what are something's I can do to keep her entertained that long? Thanks so much

Hey chica!  Your best bet is to ask her parents.  They'll have a sense for what she likes to do and what toys are her fave.  Plus, asking Qs will make ya seem like a super-sitter from the start!  Also, the most important thing for little kids is just to be attentive and friendly.  If you can do that, she will be very happy. Smile xoxo

Marie H.

by Because on 7/20/2012 6:04:00 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey, how do you become a mod? Do you have to be a certain age? Smile thanks

Hey girlie,

Yep, you have to be 18 years old or older to become a mod. If you are (or if you're close), check out this page for more details. (Scroll down to the WHERE section!) http://www.girlslife.com/page/Intern-at-Girls-Life.aspx
Lauren C.

by margaretrhiana on 7/19/2012 5:49:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! Ok, so I found this really awesome modeling boot camp near my area, I'd really like to go there, but it's $1000. My mom says I need to save it myself. With my allowence, it will take roughly 2 years to save it. But i would also like to have spending money for myself for things like magazines, lip gloss, ect. But I'm only 12, do you know any good jobs I could try?

Hey girl!

Babysitting is an awesome way to earn TONS of money. Also try offering to do yardwork and extra things around the house for your parents (in exchange for some cash!). In the winter, grab a shovel and start a shoveling business in the snow for your entire neighborhood! There are plenty of ways to bring in tons of cash quickly!

Catherine C.

by lemonlime123 on 7/13/2012 1:13:44 AM

Hey hermoinegirl12, before you decide see which days the clubs hold meetings and rehearsals on. Chances are it won't be everyday, so on the days you are free, you'll be able to babysit your neighbor. Hope this helps! Xoxo

mod mod mod
Okay my next door neighbour is in an after-school program that she isn't a big fan of. where I live elementary schools go up to grade six, and i just graduated from elementary school and im going into grade 7. She asked me if I could babysit her next year, and i said i would. her parents say maybe. but then i found out about these clubs at the new school like the drama club and the debate club that im interested in, but they take place afterschool when she wants me to babysit her! i cant be in two places at once, so what do u think i should do? join the clubs or babysit? Lynae P.

by hermionegirl12 on 7/11/2012 7:40:57 PM

MODMODMOD
so I'm like pretty much out of the loop in the social networking category. My dad says fb and twitter take your info and people can stalk yu and I'm too you g for it. Also I don't get a fone till next year! I need to talk my mom and dad into letting me get a twitter or something. All my friends are always talking about how fun twitter and fb are and I feel completely left out! I'm 12, do u think that's too young for thisbe things? Please help me to gain my strict parents trust!!!!!!

Hey girl!

It can be tough when all your friends are talking about something you're not allowed to do. I think that technically you have to be 13 for Facebook, but I'm not sure about other forms of social networking. It's true that having your personal info online can be very dangerous. However, there are multiple ways to protect yourself online. Explain to your parents that if they allow you to use FB or twitter, they can be there with you when you set up the account. That way, they can check all of the privacy settings to make sure you have maximum protection. Maybe you could even offer that they can have your passwords so they can go on and check once in a while to make sure you're staying safe. For now, talk to your friends about how it bothers you when they spend all of your conversations discussing things that you can't join in about.
Kelly G.

by Lilmissamazing on 7/11/2012 12:48:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey! I really want to start babysitting and I have even taken a CPR/babysitting class. I have told all the people I know with young kids about this, and still no one has called me. What is a good way to spread word? By the way, my parents won't let me advertise through public flyers. Thanks! Tong

Helen S.