2 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

3 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

4 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

Bigger jerks to fry

Once I was flirting with my crush, when his best friend comes up and said, "Dude! Why are ya wasting time on this chick when there are...

Hotter fish in the sea? HOTTER FISH IN THE SEA?! Is that the most witty thing he can come up with? Pfffffffffffffffft. That guy needs a guidance counselor and/or a straightjacket.

by bananaface13 on 8/6/2012 10:19:56 PM

maggie, can i say i am the same?
Need advice about absolutely anything? Got a prob you're embarrassed to go to other people about? Feeling the need to vent about the awful day you just had or anything else and always get a supportive response? That's what I'm here for I absolutely love helping you all by giving top notch advice on any subject under the sun. Seriously ask me about anything....I mean the worst I can say is that I can't answer your question right?! I promise not to judge you and to give each question my undivided attention and thought.
I also give you my honest word that I will never tell you what you want to hear and instead will always tell you the truth and my HONEST opinion about everything.

So if you need advice (or just want a friend to talk too...I <3 meeting new people on here it's SO fun!!) don't hesitate to comment on my profile...it's just a click away<3

by chapice on 7/23/2012 4:30:04 PM

What a jerk. Seriously, " theres hotter fish in the sea"? What the heck, first of all, just because a girl doesn't look like a malibu barbie doesnt mean she's not worth it. Second of all, even if he thought that, he could just have told his friend in private, not to you're face. This is just about as bad as the article about when some random dude untied some girls bikini top and tried to rip it off. O_O

by mayanunna on 7/21/2012 7:23:21 PM

Such a jerk. I mean his friend. Not so sure about him. He could have just walked away from you, but he stood right by you, probably embarrassed to stick up for you to his jerk-friend.

by giggle123 on 7/12/2012 3:08:17 PM

Hey girls!

xoxo,
maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 7/10/2012 5:47:07 PM

MOD!! MOD!! MOD!!
I'm new to this and I was wondering why people say MOD when they want advice?? Does that stand for something?

Hey girlie!  Saying MOD at the top of your comment shows us (the moderators) that you want your question answered by one of us.  If we don't see MOD, we might assume you want advice from other commenters.  xoxo

Kate G.

by delilahjaxon on 7/10/2012 9:34:39 AM

Well it depends on what she meant by "he just stood there". maybe he was astonished or something, but if theyre talking about the guy who said that then yeah 4 meanies is right, you don't say that infront of a girl! disrespectful.

by puppyinwonderland on 7/7/2012 7:47:05 PM

Okay, so I'm going to camp next week, where I will get to spend an entire week with my crush, yay. however, a guy that i really don't get a long with will be there, and he is pals with my crush. How should i act towards the guy i don't like?
I'd really appreciate a response, thank you!

Hey girl,

Why don't you like him? If you want things to go well with your crush, you'll have to respect his friends, too. Try to see the good in his friend -- maybe he's funny, or has the same fav TV show as you! Try being nice to both of them, even if his friend irritates you. Your crush will appreciate your kindness!

Meghan D.

by lissielou on 7/7/2012 12:08:33 AM

Its not that bad, maybe he was just to embarrissed to stick up for you in front of his best bud.

by cuddleypanda12 on 7/6/2012 8:47:07 PM

MODMODMOD!
I am so tired of the jocks at my school! Heck they're everywhere, not just at school, but in my neighorhood, the mall! Everywhere! They won't leave me alone! I had a crush on J(I'm using the initial of their first name)but then C got all mad and wanted to pick fights with me! Don't even get me started on P, he drives me up the wall we're like tom and Jerry(him being the mouse always teasing the cat which is me, making me mad!)its like i'm there biggest target. Then they'll make fun of my friends cause they know I'm portective of my friends 'n family! Ugh!

Hey girl, I think you should just keep on keeping on. Stand up for your friends, who cares what other people think! Just be yourself, love your friends and have fun!

lauren r.

by peaceandlove1010 on 7/6/2012 6:56:19 PM

I've had worse. I don't think this deserves 4 "meanies'' because he had done nothing. No offense.

by sissis1430 on 7/6/2012 4:08:35 PM

wow i would wanna slap him. But i wouldn't i would get in trouble!

by taylor swift lover23 on 7/6/2012 2:14:16 PM

Um, he didn't do anything bad. Maybe he stood up for you when you weren't there. And seriously giving it four "meanness" stars? I've had worse happen to me.

by SelG4Ever on 7/6/2012 12:35:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I like this guy and I am wayyyyyyyyyy taller than him. But my friends think he likes me but I don"t think so cause of my height. Once my friend asked him out for me when I didn't know and he said no way big height difference never gonna happen. I really want to ask him out since I gained the courage to do so, so should I ask him or am I setting myself up for another heartbreak?

Hey cutie!

Your guy might be a little insecure about the height difference. Boys can be so tough on each other and he's probably a little worried about how his friends would react/tease him if you two became an item. It sounds like he definitely likes you and you totally have a shot with him, but try making him feel more comfortable about the height difference first. Make sure he understands that you don't care, and even like his height! If you make him feel good about it, he'll be able to ignore his friends' teasing comments (if they make them). Just don't wear heels around him and keep on flirtin'! Give it some time, and when you think he's comfortable with the situation, ask him out!
Catherine C.

by SuperSwimmer1 on 7/6/2012 10:08:04 AM

See this why I don't exactly like dating 90% of boys at my school jeeeerrrrrrrksss!

by Smile1221 on 7/5/2012 10:59:00 PM

um, all u people insulting the crush, he didnt do anything. didnt insult her, didnt stand up for her. i would talk to the crush. he probs didnt want to make a stink and fight w/ his friend over talking to you (no offense meant.)

by soccerlover99 on 7/5/2012 10:38:49 PM

The Fashion Queens
┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊  ★
┊  ┊  ☆
┊  ★

My club's title says it all. I'm a fashion queen. And you can be too! I've given fashion advice to all my buds. Such as which type of clothing fits their body shape to what color they should wear to make their eyes pop! Fashion doesn't just mean cute clothes, though. There's also jewelry, makeup, and hair! Get fashion advice speedy quick right here and now by girls who are around your age!

by Effervescent on 7/5/2012 10:38:28 PM

*MOD* *MOD* *MOD* *MOD* *MOD* *MOD* *MOD* *MOD* *MOD* *MOD*
So there's this boy that I really like and I've known/liked him for about four years. The only problem is I can only see him four times a year. I get so nervous around him that I can't talk to him. I try to talk to him on Facebook but it just gets awkward. Any advice on how to become more comfortable around him? How about how to talk to him? Please and Thank You♥

Hey girlie,

Try to remember that he isn't some weird alien that is nothing like you - he still likes talking about his interests, he likes when people take an interest in him, he wouldn't mind a casual compliment, etc. You don't wanna force the convo, but don't feel like you have to be super entertaining and funny just to get his attention. Keep it laid back and just chat with him like you would chat with an old friend! Ask him about his summer plans, or if he's liking school so far, or even just start by talking about the weather. Take a deep breath and take it one line at a time. That way, it feels natural and not forced. That's the key - don't plan it out ahead of time. Just let it happen! <3
Lauren C.

by alison99 on 7/5/2012 10:01:01 PM

He probably got caught off guard when his friend said that. dont jump to conclusions.

by TeamAlice33 on 7/5/2012 9:37:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD.
I have a boyfriend who is in Florida for the whole summer. I have a crush on another boy. The bad part is, my mom won't let me break up with my boyfriend because she thinks it'll ruin his summer. But i think it won't because i'm sure he's down there checking out other girls. So how can i get my mom to let me breakup with him? Thanks! Smile

Hey girl,

Honestly, I know your mom might not be happy with me for saying this... but she's not in the relationship. You are! It's nice she's looking out for his feelings, but she's not the one that has to fake the relationship just to make him happy. Personally, if I thought breaking up was the right and healthy thing to do, I would do it. He deserves to be told the truth, so you don't waste his time! That way, he can move on and find someone who cares about him like he cares about her. Get him on the phone and be honest with him - tell him you really like him but you think being friends would be best for you guys right now. Be honest and it will be the best for everyone. Afterwards, be straight with your mom too - tell her it just didn't work out after all. Thank her for her advice and let her know that you both feel better now that you've been honest. Stand up for yourself and it will be ok in the end! <3
Lauren C.

by birdgirly11 on 7/5/2012 8:46:21 PM

This is embarrassing for me, but I'm 13 and I haven't had a boyfriend yet. My school doesn't have any guys that I'm into, and I want to meet more. How can I meet more guys at my age? Also, every guy I meet, I automatically put him into the friend-zone without noticing. How can I start letting guys know that I want more than a friendship when I meet someone without coming out and saying it?

Hey girlie,

That's not embarrassing at all! People have their first kisses and first boyfriends at all different ages - if there's no one around that you like, it's not a big deal! You definitely gotta wait for the "right" guy to come along, because dating a guy you don't like just to say you have a BF isn't worth it. Check out this article for tips on how to meet new guys and be patient - I know it sounds silly, but you really do meet awesome guys when you aren't trying to make the sparks fly/the chemistry happen. It'll happen naturally when it's meant to be!

Lauren C.

by scooby239 on 7/5/2012 8:30:59 PM

I think that you should talk to your crush before you go jump to conclusions.

by fallsb-ball on 7/5/2012 7:43:24 PM

That sucks! He should have stood up for you. :\

by Acutiebookworm on 7/5/2012 7:23:41 PM

MOD!
I had a thing with a guy on and off for about 7 months. It was really rocky and we never ended up dating. At times we both said things that were unnecessary and over the line, and we have both apologized. Since then, I have a boyfriend and we have been together for several months. I wish I could still talk to the guy I used to like, but I don't know how, as we haven't talked in over four months since I started dating someone new. I no longer want to date him, but he means more to me than someone I can go months without talking to. I'm just wondering if you have any ideas on how I could talk to/text him without it being awkward?

Hey girl,

I think it might be awkward to try to "rekindle" a friendship while you have a BF but, if this is really weighing on your mind and you think you could make a friendship work, give it a try. I think the best way is using technology to help you break the ice - IM or Facebook chat is best. That way, you can have a casual convo and it won't seem super serious! You could start with something like, "Hey! It's been forever, how have you been?" You don't need to lay out your whole plan for him (no need to say, "I miss you, I think we should be friends again so let's talk more," etc.) but it could really help to have some fun convos once in a while and end one of them with, "We should definitely stay in touch more. I've missed talking to ya!" Just keep it laid back and he won't feel super awkward about it Smile ANd remember not to overdo it - you don't need to talk every day!
Lauren C.

by hockeyismylife on 7/5/2012 6:14:27 PM

MOD MOD
i have my period and i am going swimming my mom will never let me use tampons (i have tried asking many times) what are good excuses for not wanting to go swimming?

Hey girlie,

If you decide to still go with everyone, you could say you want to work on your tan! And if you want to stay home, either blame it on mom (that she won't let you go) or say you aren't feeling well. <3
Lauren C.

by colorqueen101 on 7/5/2012 6:08:05 PM

grow up jerk

by myfatsquirrel on 7/5/2012 5:38:02 PM

jerkface

by loppyears12 on 7/5/2012 4:54:33 PM

Gotta hate jerks...my school is packed with them.

by maggie183 on 7/5/2012 4:05:50 PM

OMG that is sooooooooo mean

by auslly123 on 7/5/2012 3:46:14 PM

I don't know why some guys have the nerve to just disgrace someone out in the open and in front of people. You should do this: when he is flirting with some girl or his girlfriend, you or one of your friends should tell her about the bad things he has done to girls or explain your situation so that the girl gets that she's hanging out with the wrong guy. This should be only about 2 girls. He will get the message. For the silent one, you can't really blame him. You don't know what he's going through or his intentions. You need to talk to him before making any assumptions.

by transform2314 on 7/5/2012 2:44:43 PM

So rude!

Love shopping? Need style advice? Live for fashion? If you answered yes to any of these questions then my club, Fashion Blogs is for you! We share fashion and beauty tips, sales at our fave stores, our outfits of the day, new trends, polls, and quizzes! We also talk about celeb fashion and even have monthly contests! Positions are open to apply for too!
Please join now!
♥dancer♥

by dancer2998 on 7/5/2012 2:41:07 PM

I can't believe he didn't even stand up for you!

by cheerfulcheer on 7/5/2012 2:17:11 PM

I agree with @luvmonkey1313

by pretty123 on 7/5/2012 1:45:17 PM

Love Girls Life? Now you can talk to girls who love GL as much as you! We'll gosip about celebs and talk about new music. We can also chat about new articles that we like or dislike. So join GL GIRLIES!

by purplepants99 on 7/5/2012 1:41:57 PM

technically he didn't do anything wrong. It was his friend who was being mean. Yes i get that he didn't stand up for her but at least he didn't say anything back. That silence could mean that he disagrees or that he agrees but either way it's his friend she should be mad at.

by luvmonkey1313 on 7/5/2012 1:37:21 PM

He didn't even stand up for you? Real nice Frown Please come and ask me for advice! I literally love helping! Just come and check out my profile and don't be afraid to ask! I also have an advice queen page so you can ask there too! I will be happy to help Laughing

by topchef88 on 7/5/2012 1:25:46 PM