2 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

3 HOURS AGO The thigh gap thing has gone far enough #BodyPeace: http://t.co/9KEmVRd8uf

4 HOURS AGO Because it's just not summer without s'mores: http://t.co/C4XwBBuHGX

COMMENTS

Friend fight 411: What to do when you're stuck in the middle

You and your two besties have been like the three musketeers since forever. But now, they’re having a huge fight, and you’re caught in between. Here’s how...

MODMODMODMOD
My brother and I plan to make my dad a birthday dinner of dinner rolls, meatloaf, carrots, mashed potatoes, jack ranch fries and some sort of dessert. Im really worried. And how much will this all cost?

Hey girl,

I have no idea how much all of that will cost! If you're concerned with the price, why don't you and your brother try making something out of the food you already have at home? There's nothing to be worried about, especially if your brother has cooked before. If you're still nervous, talk to your brother and suggest you do something else for your dad!
Kelly G.

by futurewriter16 on 7/6/2012 1:34:06 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
Is it okay if im a 34 b and dont wear a bra?

Hey girl,

I would suggest wearing a bra, but it's ultimately up to you. You can always just wear a cami with a built in bra, or wear a sports bra, if you're not comfortable wearing a real bra yet.
Kelly G.

by futurewriter16 on 7/6/2012 12:58:11 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I have two questions....what do i do about chest tenderness? And what do I do when Im going for a checkup on my period and need a urine sample? Will they look down there?

Hey girl!

Ask a parent about any chest tenderness...it should just go away naturally though. If not, think about seeing a doctor just to check up. When you're going in for a checkup on your period, they probably won't look down there. They might take a urine sample, but they'll most likely just ask you lots of questions about your period and how your body has been behaving. If they do end up needing to check down there, don't worry. Doctors have seen plenty of people, all shapes and sizes, and have examined EVERYWHERE. You're just another one of their hundreds of patients...no need to worry!
Catherine C.

by futurewriter16 on 7/6/2012 12:37:25 PM

Just wanted to pop back in and thank Catherine C. for answering my questions! I just have one more, and then I'll shut up. xD
I'm thinking of having a sleepover this summer with a few of my friends. Do you have any idea of what we could do? Oh, and I want to play music, so what kind of music should I play? I'm not really a fan of Justin Bieber or Nicki Minaj-I love Taylor Swift, Christina Perri, Greyson Chance, The Civil Wars, and Adele.
Again, thank you SO much. It really means a lot. Smile

Hey girlie!

Check out some of our fun summer snacks you could make for a fun sleepover! Make some s'mores, get someone to bring a slips 'n slide, or even rent a blow up movie screen and lay out a  bunch of towels and pillows to watch a movie on the big screens outside. Maybe organize a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood or carpool to your fave fro-yo shop. You seem to know the kind of music you love best, so try searching your fave artists' names and downloading their newest songs. Make a playlist on iTunes check out the iTunes' recommendations based off of your recent downloads...I find tons of songs there! We heart Maroon 5's new album Overexposed!

Catherine C.

by SelG4Ever on 7/6/2012 11:42:06 AM

MODMODMODMOD
I have two questions. I have a bump down there and it hurts only when i press on it. Should I worry? Is a pimple? And I got my period on the 30th of may lasy month, and the 23rd of april the month before. Ive been feeling crampy for awhile and my back is hurting. Im afraid im not going to get it. Ive had my period for 5 years...help!

Hey girl!

No need to be worried, it's probably just a pimple or irritated hair follicle. Ask your mom, sister, or someone you can talk to for advice on that. As for your period, don't be worried. Periods can be random at times, so you could just be getting your period a week or so late. If your period continues to be extremely irregular (though it sounds like it's normal), talk to a parent about seeing a doctor. Otherwise, you don't need to worry!

Catherine C.

by futurewriter16 on 7/6/2012 11:41:36 AM

MODMODMOD!
1. I am 5'4, twelve, larger bust, regular-sized hips/waist/whatever. What body shape am I?
2. My family is gong to Disney soon. What kind of clothes should I pack? I am twelve, 5'4, wavy/curly brown hair that goes a few inches past my shoulders, brown eyes, tan skin.
3. My crush is my mom's friend's son and I only see him sometimes because we don't go to the same school. When I do see him, what should I talk about with him and how should I flirt? I'm only twelve, like I've said twice, so no "oh, you're so sexy" xD.
Sorry for all the questions and thank you so much!

Hey cutie!

It's hard for me to be able to tell your body shape without actually seeing you, but it sounds like you could have an hourglass shape, with a smaller bottom area. When you go to Disney, make sure to pack lots of comfy athletic shorts and t-shirts so that you can run around while staying comfortable. Jean shorts in the heat aren't always the best choice. You're going to want to put your hair in a cute pony or braid to keep it out of your face and stay cool. When you see your crush, talk about your interests and get to know him. Boys often love talking about themselves so give him a chance to do so. Ask him what his plans are for the summer and show off your cute personality. Be bubbly but not too pushy. Just be nice, friendly, and fun, and when you're ready, ask if he wants to hang out with you and a couple of your friends!

Catherine C.

by SelG4Ever on 7/6/2012 11:28:17 AM

I'm like Switzerland-neutral and also with great chocolate.
EPICEST QUOTE EVER. xD It's from Unwind.

by SelG4Ever on 7/6/2012 11:24:20 AM

MODMODMOD
im NEVER stuck in the middle. I'm always the one people are mad at. Like, literally, even if I didnt do anything. One time everyone at our lunch table except two people pulled this joke on the two people by whispering a fake secret, which got them all paranoid, and they pinned it ALL on me. They literally SAID out LOUD that they forgave everyone else (even the girl who started it) EXCEPT me, because I "always pull this crap". This happens CONSTANTLY. I am ALWAYS the one people are mad at even if I did nothing at all.
So anyway, how do I get people to stop doing this to me?! I swear, I do NOTHING to deserve this. They just always assume everythings MY fault. It is so annoying, i cant even describe how annoying it is...
Anyway, I hope you actually see this and give me a good answer...thanks mod!

Hey girl!

Hmm this is a toughie. If you're friends are always blaming you and getting mad at you, you might want to reconsider where your true friendships lie. First off, try removing yourself from these types of situations. If you notice that tension is building up around those around you, leave before you can even be blamed. If these are your good friends, you should sit down and talk to them. Explain that you find yourself always being blamed and would just like to know why they choose to blame things on you. Start expanding your friend circle and reaching out to other classmates...you could make a ton of new friends who are loyal, trustworthy, and won't even think about putting the blame on you when you're innocent. If you remove yourself from the situation, they won't have a reason to blame you!

Catherine C.

by LuvYaBunches on 7/6/2012 8:28:58 AM

MOD
ok so a few months ago, i got my first team jacket ever! nd i was super happy, it has my last name on it. but a few weeks later, i kinda felt guilty,cause in my sport your last name really tells who nd what you are, like in hockey(or any sport)nd im part polish, nd now i really want to hyphen my mothers maiden name for my last name, nd im dead set on it, but my real question is, is it going to look weird, having just my regular old last name on my jacket, nd not my hyphenated new last name? nd what do i tell people if they ask? should i talk to my coach about maybe getting me a new jacket? oh nd i have not offfically changed it yet. thanks sooo much!

Hey girl!

No matter what name you choose, just rock it! It's really up to you whether you want to get a new jacket or change your last name, but whatever decision you make, be confident about it! If people ask about it, simply tell them the truth and show just how proud you are of your heritage!

Catherine C.

by j4zm09 on 7/6/2012 1:39:39 AM

The Fashion Queens
┊  ┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊  ★
┊  ┊  ☆
┊  ★

My club's title says it all. I'm a fashion queen. And you can be too! I've given fashion advice to all my buds. Such as which type of clothing fits their body shape to what color they should wear to make their eyes pop! Fashion doesn't just mean cute clothes, though. There's also jewelry, makeup, and hair! Get fashion advice speedy quick right here and now by girls who are around your age!

by Effervescent on 7/5/2012 10:34:30 PM