3 HOURS AGO Why using dryer sheets could be a health risk 😷:http://t.co/5YY4YXjU6ww

6 HOURS AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

7 HOURS AGO Is Lauren from @FifthHarmony chick secretly dating a member of @TheVampsband? http://t.co/YDLnDrNTIm #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Friend fight 411: What to do when you're stuck in the middle

You and your two besties have been like the three musketeers since forever. But now, they’re having a huge fight, and you’re caught in between. Here’s how...

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
My BF is super sweet and thoughtful, but when it comes to planning dates and taking the initiative, that's where he lacks. It seems like I'm always the one who plans dates and calls/texts first. I know he cares about me a lot because he treats like a princess, always there for me, buys/makes me things, and respects me. So why won't HE call ME or asks ME to do something? Should I be worried? Would should I do? PLEASE, PLEASE HELP.

Hey girlie,

Try not to overanalyze this! He clearly cares about you and wants to make you happy, but maybe he doesn't realize you want him to take the lead planning dates - you're always the one that organizes them, after all! Try asking him to plan your next hangout. That way, he can show you the kinds of things he likes to do, food he likes to eat, places he likes to go, etc. Don't whine about it, but you can even be honest and tell him you'd love it if he asked you out sometimes too. That way, he totally understand where you're coming from and can work harder to make ya happy Smile
Lauren C.

by squizzcute on 7/5/2012 9:25:33 PM

I'm a tween who just started hitting puberty!I'm freaking out with pimples! Whats the best facial cleanser brand you recommend? I'm scared to try random things and then have a bad reaction to it!

Hey girlie,

I love Clean & Clear's Morning Burst Facial Cleanser! Clearasil and Jergens were always too harsh for my skin, but I have friends who love their face washes too. And then there's Noxema, Neutrogena, Proactiv (for really serious acne), Burts Bees and Kiehls. But you have to shop around and try a couple different cleansers before you find the one that works best with your skin type. Think about whether you have oily skin, dry skin, combination skin, sensitive skin, etc., then buy the product that is designed to work best for your skin type.
Lauren C.

by Random_Rainbow5 on 7/5/2012 9:25:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay i've had my period for two years now. my last period started on may 31 and ended on June 6. By the normal length of my cycle I shouldv'e started yesterday, but didn't. I'm a swimmer so I have been wearing tampons every morning in case it starts. Should I be worried I haven't started? Should I just keep wearing tampons to be prepared? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

You shouldn't be worried that it hasn't started - especially if you're not sexually active. Even though you've had it for 2 years already, it's still COMPLETELY normal for it to be irregular sometimes! It's affected by lots of things, like changes in stress, sleep, and diet. So changes are it's just a little late Smile But try not to wear tampons while you're waiting for it - it's not good to wear them if you don't need them. If you're really worried about leaking and want to stay protected, use a pantyliner instead <3
Lauren C.

by quest6c on 7/5/2012 8:59:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD next year Im going to a new school and I really want to make a good impression and maybe even get a BF . fyi , Im usually the shy one in my group of friends so how can I meet new people . thnx so much =D

Hey girl,

The best way to reach your goal is to push yourself out of your comfort zone! It's easy to close yourself off, be nervous, and keep to yourself. But when you're at a new school and in the first couple days, it is TOTALLY acceptable to try sitting with new groups at the lunch tables, strike up a convo with the person at the locker next to yours, stop by club meetings to test them out, etc. You gotta take risks - and, even though it's scary at times, it'll really pay off Smile The more confident you act, the more confident you will feel. And the more people you talk to, the better chance you'll find that group of friends that really "clicks" for you - and the better chance you'll meet new guys in the process, who could turn into BF material Smile
Lauren C.

by auslly123 on 7/5/2012 8:47:52 PM

Whenever I want to help my friends stop a fight, I try to help them see the other's point of view without getting too involved.

by supersingershannon on 7/5/2012 7:47:40 PM

Good advice...
The worst part of any fight though is not thinking before you say\do something, even as just an observer.

by Acutiebookworm on 7/5/2012 7:17:03 PM

Mod Mod Mod
What exactly do moderators do? My older sis is looking for a job around the GL HQ area, and she thinks it would be fun. Thanks for your help!

Hey girlie,

On our modding shifts, we approve comments, screen them for bad language/offensive topics, approve clubs, and most importantly answer advice questions. Your sis could also apply to be an intern at the GL offices, since interns cover lots more stuff - writing articles for the web, testing products, updating Facebook/Twitter, transcribing interviews, and assisting with all sorts of magazine tasks! Smile
Lauren C.

by cheerfulcheer on 7/5/2012 6:27:50 PM

MOD
I have a problem. I really, really want to do 3 different things this year. The issue is that they interfere with each other. I did two of them last year and barely made it work, but with the 3rd one I would end up missing a lot of each of them. Please help!

Hey girlie,

You definitely don't want to spread yourself too thin/commit to too many things because you won't be able to enjoy any of them. Try to make a list of all the things you like about each thing. Which one will make you happiest in the end? Are you able to do any aspects of one of them on your own in your spare time? (i.e. instead of joining a painting class, paint on your own. But you can't learn physical things like dance on your own, so you should take classes for that.) It's not going to be easy to decide, but you have to weigh your options and then go with what feels "right" in your heart <3
Lauren C.

by actress12345 on 7/5/2012 6:03:06 PM

Modmodmod
Okay, so my parents won't let me wear makeup until I start high school this year. The original plan was to wait until I was 16, but they changed it for whatever reason. I know I should be grateful, and I am. I am going to camp and staying in the dorms for a week and I won't know anyone there. I'm a little bit nervous. I really want to wear makeup there. Do you think it would be okay to ask? If so, how should I ask without sounding too greedy?

Hey girlie,

You could totally ask - just to get a little practice for high school and to give you a confidence boost since you're a little nervous for camp. Just be humble and respectful - and make sure they know you're grateful that you get to wear it soon. Understand that they might say no (it's already great that they compromised to let you start in the fall!), but it's always worth asking Smile
Lauren C.

by janbradylolz on 7/5/2012 5:35:23 PM

Hey guys!!! I just made a new club called OneDirectionInfection and i was hoping to have some new members. In there we can talk about ANYTHING 1D and obsess over their awesomeness please join!!

by harley6671 on 7/5/2012 5:29:20 PM