11 HOURS AGO RT @jacquieleemusic: ahhhh @girlslifemag obsessing over #BrokenOnesEP? i'm obsessing over YOU! 😍 thank you! so happy you like the EP. httphttp://t.co/K5tL6n6slm

11 HOURS AGO BOYS: this is whatcha do if you wanna become bae: http://t.co/0xfEpYILwF

14 HOURS AGO Strut #Elsa's beauty look for Halloween: http://t.co/p22Et0darw #Frozen

COMMENTS

Get your head in the game: Concussions 101

Concussions are serious stuff, and they can really mess up your life if aren’t careful. So before you go jumpin’ into a rough game, know the symptoms...

this is a really good post now I know what to look for if me or some one else gets hit in the head

by girlslifefan09 on 7/24/2012 2:59:39 AM

I've been there, done that. A couple months ago, I got a concussion, and it lasted quite a while. All the symptoms listed were ones that I had, plus I was unbelievably cold all the time. However, a week after I got it, I did a figure skating show. If you think you have a concussion, please take your time getting back into things, at least a month. Rest and staying inside is the best thing you can do for yourself. However, my concussion healed between may and june. I still have memory problems. What does that mean?

by sdskate on 7/20/2012 10:16:39 PM

Hey girls, please join my clubs! If you ever need advice just ask and we’ll get back to you asap!
Queens of Hearts<3 :a club where you can get advice on hair, beauty, fashion, life, friends and especially boys!
Let’s Get Active! : a club that is pretty much a whole group of workout buddies who will give advice, motivate and inspire you to reach your fitness goals and stay healthy and active!

Please join, we’d love to have you and I would appreciate it sooo much!

<3 Honeycakes

by honeycakes on 7/11/2012 10:57:14 AM

ugh. I tried doing a handstand cuz my sis is always doing them and I was trying to show that i could do them too. I fell on my head (HARD) and I think I got a concussion. Now I know that my sis can do wat my sis can do and i can do wat i can do. Otherwise known as I'm definitley not trying again... at least for a while.

by captiansparkles on 7/11/2012 1:51:42 AM

I have to have a physical this year, because It is my first year of school sports eligibility. There's a form that we have to go get from the school, and then we can schedule one. I'm just wondering what all usually happens during a physical. My mom said she didn't know for sure, so I was wondering if you did?

Hey girlie,

Check out this article - it'll give you more deets on the physical you have to get! (Usually, the one you get for school and the one some people have to get for sports are very similar.) As the article says, it's NO BIG DEAL. It's basically just a check up, and you've had plenty of those! Smile

Lauren C.

by georgetownroad on 7/10/2012 11:12:57 PM

i got a concussion for a month and couldnt take any test be in with my class durning gym go to my volleyball practices or games to put it simply it sucked luckily i got cleared to go to Hersey Park in time with my class i was at the beach for a guard competition and it was soo loud and the worst thing was having my concussion durning my birthday

by SoftballGirl19 on 7/10/2012 10:44:14 PM

but my county has this big policy now that we have to watch a concussion program or we wont be able to play school sports and the videos are really sad but the school boards son recently passed away because of too many concussions that he never knew of he played lax and football an sadly took his life RIP

by thepinkyyyyyyyyy on 7/10/2012 8:48:03 PM

OMG! i had like 3 concussions one was from (my latest) Lacrosse i got hit straight in the head i didnt pass out but i was feeling weird for weeks then in gym i got hit in the head with a basketball after then went on my lax teams facebook and they posted a video on concussions an i had all of the symptons so then i went to the docter boom i had a concussion n i had to miss my first game of the season an after tht ay i was in gym on the sidlines since i couldnt participate and guess wat i got hit in the head with a basketball again!

by thepinkyyyyyyyyy on 7/10/2012 8:45:25 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
im feeling very unhappy. :_(
so all of my friends have gotten their periods and talk about it.i havnt. and i have this cousin who got hers a year ago, and when i visit florida we usually share a room, and the last time i had to share a room, i was undressing and she kept commenting on how "her boobs were 3 times bigger than mine, and i had no hips." its really annoying and i hate how all my friends have had their periods even my friends who are shorter then me and have smaller breasts then i have! plus i have had discharge for over 2 and a half years!

hey girl! I've been there. I once had a "friend" who told my my body looks like a 12-year-old boy's. You know why girls say stuff like that though? Because in one way or another, they aren't happy with themselves. It might be that her body is the one thing your cousin likes about herself right now and so putting you down makes her feel even better. Don't listen to it though, because she can't make you feel bad about yourself, only you can, and you have to stay positive no matter what anyone says. chin up, you can do it!

Helen S.

by WhiteStripe3 on 7/10/2012 4:47:27 PM

At our school a new rule was established that all athletes in high-impact sports (basketball, softball, baseball, football, and wrestling) are to be taught the signs and symptoms of a concussion through a guide by their coach and have to sign the packet in order to play. I think it's a really great idea and that all schools should have to do this. It only takes like 20 minutes to go over and can really be helpful if you ever do get a concussion.

by fallsb-ball on 7/10/2012 4:09:45 PM