AN HOUR AGO Why using dryer sheets could be a health risk 😷:http://t.co/5YY4YXjU6ww

4 HOURS AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

5 HOURS AGO Is Lauren from @FifthHarmony chick secretly dating a member of @TheVampsband? http://t.co/YDLnDrNTIm #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Get your head in the game: Concussions 101

Concussions are serious stuff, and they can really mess up your life if aren’t careful. So before you go jumpin’ into a rough game, know the symptoms...

My bff accidently gave a girl on the opposing team a concussion in basketball and I got one in soccer Frown
be careful.....
CONCUSSIONS HURT!

by softballismyBFF on 7/10/2012 2:07:18 PM

This is the only thing I don't like about basketball. You're not protected at all, and there is quite a bit of physical in it. No helmet, pads, or anything. Just a uniform, and your bball shoes.At one of my bball tournaments two girls butted heads, and since my mom is a nurse, she had to go help, and she lost her vision, and had a huge headache, and had to be taken to the hospital where she ended up being fine.

by georgetownroad on 7/10/2012 1:43:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay so I have had 2 minor concussions. The first time was I fell off the couch and hit the back of my head hard on the wood floor. About a year and a half later, someone threw a softball hard and it accidentally hit me in the head. Is this bad? Have these concussions caused any damage that might be a problem?

Hey Girl--

Speak to your doctor about these concerns. Try and relax for now though. And don't let anyone else throw balls at your head!
simone s.

by emonkey4 on 7/10/2012 1:38:16 PM

if I have a letter to send you regarding both of your articles on concussions, what email address should I send it to for the best chance of it being read? It over 1,000 characters so I cannot post it as a comment. I checked your FAQ page and the masthead but all I see is letters@girlslife.com and karen@girlslife.com. which email address would be better?
thank you so much!
xoxo, natalie :<)

Hey Girl!

I would send it to letters@girlslife.com. We would love to read it!

good luck
simone s.

by soccerlover99 on 7/10/2012 1:36:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Is it possible to get a concussion if you play field hockey?

Hey Girl--

Unfortunately, it's possible to get a concussion from playing most sports. You can prevent them by wearing proper head gear and knowing the signs of a concussion.

good luck!
simone s.

by mockingjay3 on 7/10/2012 1:32:21 PM

My boyfriend and a friend of mine at school hit heads during flag football. Both had a concussion, but only my boyfriend went to the hospital. The other boy fell out while he was in the parking lot and then had to be helped into the car, but still wasn't taken to the hospital. The next night he had a seizure and went into what was believed to be cardiac arrest. They flew him out to Children's where they found a skull fracture. He had so much brain damage that he was a vegetable and would have had to live on a machine all his life, so they pulled the plug and he passed away. It took an amazing person out of our school district, out of a community, out of a family and my boyfriend is left feeling he murdered him. Our town is so small, nearly everyone knew him and now he's gone. Please pray for his family and my boyfriend, on which the toll of the young man's death has taken its greatest effect.

by madison_j on 7/10/2012 1:23:14 PM

I had a concussion once but it wasnt from playing sports. I got knocked over when i wasnt looking and i fell on the blacktop and got a concussion at school. Thats probably the worst place to get a concussion. Frown

by kelly268 on 7/10/2012 1:00:54 PM