3 HOURS AGO It's never too late to amp up your summer style: http://t.co/bXH4z4Ugr4 pic.twitter.com/ubs979sxcu

4 HOURS AGO We're loving this GL reader's fave makeup essentials: http://t.co/iEMvhf3EkL pic.twitter.com/Qdg2MHnuVD

5 HOURS AGO Crushing on the cutie that asked you out in June? Make sparks fly *this* school year: http://t.co/CwXiu6Nmin pic.twitter.com/3qlcXEzLyy

COMMENTS

How To: Pick the best denim shorts for your bod

Summer is the season of denim shorts. They’re comfy, cute and go with just about everything. You can dress them up or down, and even wear them...

MOD MOD MOD!! i'm moving over the summer, and i'm really nervous. i'm going into high school, so nobody's gonna know i'm new. i'm really shy, and awkward. how can i make friends really fast, so i don't have to sit alone, or feel left out?
also, i wanna start bringing a tote and a purse to school, instead of a backpack. is that a good idea, or not? and do you know any good places i can find some?

Hey! To make friends just be social. Sit with new people and talk to them. Start by introducing yourself and finding out about their interests and telling them yours. It may take a while or no time but trust me when I say if you keep trying to meet new people persistently you will make friends. I like carrying a purse, but I don't know if it's a replacement for a backpack. books can be he-vy. On the other hand, urban outfitters sell some really cute backpacks and there are definitely purse/backpack hybrids out there. But if you're still in the market for a handbag keep your eye out in thrift stores and target. It's also fun to decorate a simple canvas tote yourself. you can tie dye it or use a sponge and a stencil to paint your own design. get creative!

Helen S.

by rockstargal03 on 7/10/2012 5:54:57 PM

I have a lot of money and then I go to the mall. I now have no money left. I want to save not spend. Help!

by TrendyGirl10 on 7/10/2012 4:57:09 PM

I just bought this uber cute tie! I'm usually pretty good, if I do say so myself, at putting together cute outfits... But this tie I just can't seem to figure out how to wear the tie in a cool, hip way that won't make me look too much like a business woman or a school girl. So it's been a bit difficult because it could easily look go either way, but I don't want it to look like I'm dressed up or like I'm wearing a school uniform. I want it to look almost casual but cute, maybe with some sort of graphic tee? I dunno! Help please!

Hey Girl--

To avoid the school girl look, don't pair it with a pleated skirt or anything uniform-looking. Try it with some denim cutoffs and a sheer top for a non-preppy look.

good luck!
simone s.

by alexcaligirl7 on 7/10/2012 3:56:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
This school year I really want to re-make my style. I used to really be into wearing hot pink, things with words (like "love") and graphic tees. Now I'm really more into more sophisticated, polished things. Any idea where I can find that kind of stuff?

Hey Girl--

Next time you go shopping, just look for clothes that fit the new look you have in mind. You can search online first for inspiration and ideas of which stores carry what clothing. Do you have a friend whose style you love? maybe you two can go shopping together and she can show you her favorite spots.

good luck!
simone s.

by txtingirl on 7/10/2012 3:30:20 PM

I'm petite, have short legs, and curvy!!!! What do i do about that???

Hey Girl--

Just try experimenting with different styles and cuts to find the right one for you.

good luck!
simone s.

by softballismyBFF on 7/10/2012 2:09:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Today I have a church beach party, and I have to wear a one-piece. But I don't have one, so i have to wear a pretty dorky rashguard over my bikini. How can I make this a cute look????
Help!

Hey Girl--

That sounds like the perfect sporty girl look! Try pairing it with bold bottoms if you have any. Think Kate Bosworth in Blue Crush!

good luck
simone s.

by may2030 on 7/10/2012 2:01:31 PM

I'm 5"9 at age 12, and always follow the "tall" styles. Why is there no "tall" here?! Frown

Hey girl!

Any of these short will look fab on your long legs. trust me!
simone s.

by ayraify on 7/10/2012 1:41:38 PM

i can't use this i have long legs! U have nothing for tall girls!

Hey Girl--

With long legs you can pull of just about any shorts. lucky you!

simone s.

by Alexjusz11 on 7/10/2012 1:36:56 PM

I don't get this body types thing. What do they mean?

Hey Girl--

It just refers to shape and length of your legs. For instance, the shorts for "short legs" are those that would look best on girls with... short legs. The curvy leg shorts would look best of those girls with fuller legs, etc.

good luck!!
simone s.

by mockingjay3 on 7/10/2012 1:34:47 PM

I like the high waisted shorts Smile

by kelly268 on 7/10/2012 1:14:26 PM