8 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

9 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

10 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

How to get perfect loose waves like Bella Thorne

In our August/September issue, we showed Bella with those gorge bedhead waves! Get this look on your own tresses in 5 easy-as-can-be steps, just in time for...

My hair is really curly, thick, and frizzy, but I don't really want to use a lot of product in it and I don't have a curling iron...so how can I curl it so that I have cleaner, looser curls??

hey! comb your hair when it's wet, then twist sections of it around your fingers. Then, let it air dry. When it's dry, brush it out and it'll have a natural wave. Good luck!

Helen S.

by kaceyjustine on 3/21/2013 6:55:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
how do i get loose waves wid a 1 in curling iron? My mom doesnt wanna buy another one which is bigger so how do i acheive da same look but wid a smaller iron?

hey! the trick is to wrap your hair losely and not heat it for too long, that should achieve a looser curl with a smaller iron. good luck!

Helen S.

by fashiondiva4 on 9/1/2012 10:29:43 AM

mod mod mod!
I have extremely thick hair that is just barely shoulder length. It isn't long enough for a regular braid, and nobody in my house can french braid. It's quite thick, and does this little flip at the end, which means it is perfectly straight and then flips out and the end. When I straighten it, it takes upwards of an hour, feels thick and greasy, and still flips! My friend straightened it for me, and it was light and flat, but she said it was too complicated to do yourself! When I try to curl it, the curls hold for about an hour, and then straighten into a greasy, thick mass. While I love my longish hair, this problem frustrates me so much I have considered chopping it all off. Why can I never do anything with my hair? I am tired of people walking around with their hair braided, curled, and flattened, while I can only put my hair in ponytail. Did I mention I have side bangs and am growing out my layers! Please Help!

Hey chica! Some hair just doesn't do what you like, no matter how hard you try. Next time to go in for a haircut, ask if getting it thinned out or another cut might help your problem! xoxo

Kate G.

by fashionista9400 on 8/28/2012 8:43:27 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have super frizzy hair. I can't just get out of the shower and leave the house because my hair is a mess!!! I have tried multiple products that don't work for my hair. Everyday I have to blow dry it and then straighten it or curl it. I have natural wavy hair. Any advice???

Hey chica! Next time you hit the hairstylist for a cut, fill them in.  They might be able to help you find a product that DOES work for you.  If not, head to a beauty store and they might be able to help ya out there! xoxo

Kate G.

by Taylor243 on 8/24/2012 1:14:09 PM

I have slightly wavy red-brown/auburn hair that falls a bit below my shoulders. I was thinking of getting bangs but I have super thick hair, but that's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried that it's going to look strange, you know having straight bangs with wavy hair, especially if it isn't THAT long.

Hey girl! It depends on the kind of wave, so talk to your hairstylist.  He or she will be able to tell ya if you should get some fringe or if you should keep your hair long because of the wave.  xoxo

Kate G.

by yogageek24 on 8/24/2012 9:08:15 AM

Modmodmod! I have off-black relaxed african american hair and I am turning 12 in september and I want to do something fun with my hair. I want to get auburn highlights in my hair because my hair color looks really dull and boring. How can I talk my mom into it? I want the ones that wash out in a few washes.

Hey chica! Good idea not to do anything too permanent, this should help when convincing your mom! Try approaching your mom and asking her when she has time to talk! If you go to her and have a mature conversation, chances are she'll see how old you're acting and let you! But prepare for her to say no too. If she says no, try not to get to upset about it! Let her know that you understand where she's coming from, but if she changes her mind to let you know! Then after a few months try approaching her again! Good luck with it all and happy early birthday! xoxo

Carly S.

by sasarahsept on 8/22/2012 11:10:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
BLEEEH! please help! My hair is thick and wavy, around 4-6 inches past shoulder length. I can't do anything different to my hair! my hair dresser says that if I cut anymore of my hair, it will puff up like Dora. lol Tong. I try to straighten my hair, but it takes 45 minutes to an hour. I don't know why, but my hair won't curl either. It takes FOREVER and barely works. My hair is also always frizzy, no matter what heat protectants and de frizzers and moisturizer shampoo/conditioner I use. HEEELP! what can I do to fix this???

Hey girlie! Talk to your hairdresser more about what you can do to calm your hair down.  She might be able to give you samples to try out and see what works! xoxo

Kate G.

by NikkiXD on 8/17/2012 10:26:29 AM

I knew all along that she uses a curling iron. I saw it coming

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/13/2012 7:25:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I have dark brown hair that is like 4 inches past shoulder length. My hair style is very plain. I have super straight hair, with no bangs or curls.😔 I really want side bangs, but my mom wont let me get them because of breakouts. I have had this style for YEARS, and now i want a new one. Have any ideas? Anything without bangs, and i dont wanna curl my hair cuz i dont wanna have to do it every morning. I'll do almost anything, i'd even cut my hair for a new style.

Hey chicky! Straight hair looks GREAT in a bob.  Head to your hairdresser and ask what length you think would look best for your face shapee (there's a bob style for almost ANYONE).  They are super easy to maintain and you'll be able to glam is up with cute bobby pins, bright headbands, and fun clips. xoxo

Kate G.

by Pikachu124 on 8/13/2012 11:49:08 AM

MOD MOD MOD I have very thick, dirty blonde hair with bright blonde highlights. It is naturally wavy. It goes down to my stomach. I never know what to with my hair. I usually just leave it down or put it in a ponytail. I need some hairstyles perfect for it for a party tomorrow. Thanks! :{D

Hey girl,

Our beauty channel has TONS of great hair ideas Smile Have fun at the party! http://www.girlslife.com/category/hair-styles.aspx

Meghan D.

by cupcakek99 on 8/10/2012 8:52:23 PM

1. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

2. Join I'm awesome and I know it! Share what makes YOU awesome and maybe find others with your same intrests!

by coolgal332 on 8/1/2012 2:19:03 PM

This is cool!

by kamkam12 on 7/31/2012 9:08:14 PM

Does flat iron protection work for the curling iron also? I really don't want to have to buy new hair products because i don't curl my hair that often

Hey Girl--

Yep! It works for any hot tool you use.

good luck!
simone s.

by sbieber13 on 7/31/2012 2:09:59 PM

Hey kfashionqueen900, try getting some holding hair spray for your curls, and spray it on your hair after you're done curling. You could also try curling your hair at night, putting it in rollers and then taking it out in the morning. That usually keeps my curls lasting. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD Smile
i curl my hair with a wand at about 6:30am. but by the time school is over my hair is "deflated" Frown how can i get the curls in my hair to stay longer . thankks , xoxo Lynae P.

by kfashionqueen900 on 7/28/2012 3:30:13 PM

I have straight dirty blonde hair but I really want waves that doesn't take very long or just stays in. I also really want highlights or a semipermanent light pink streak like those celebs. Which one do you like, why, and how do I persuade my mom to get it for me??

Hey chica!  I like all of the above, really!  Waves would look cute with the highlights - very beachy - but pink streaks (a la Lauren Conrad) are a fave of mine, too, and great because they don't last too long.  Decide what you want and research what it takes to get it (e.g., what you need to buy/do, cost).  If you go to your mom fully informed, she'll be more likely to say yes. Smile xoxo

Marie H.

by FrenchMiss on 7/20/2012 6:05:00 PM

Mod,
I have layered, curly hair that falls a couple inches below my shoulders. I wash my hair at night, so in the morning my hair doesn't look nice most of the time. Is there anything I could do without blow-drying my hair to make it look nice in the morning without too much styling?

Hey girl!

I have curly hair too and I also like to wash my hair at night. The best thing you can do is not shower close to when you're planning on going to bed. Sleeping on wet hair makes it totally crazy and unmanageable. If your hair has some time to air dry (even if it's not all the way) it will look much better in the morning.
Rachael A.

by Neoncat on 7/20/2012 3:08:10 PM

I have incredibly frizzy hair. When I straiten it, (and I do use anti heat spray) it's never sleek and perfectly strait. Ugh! Frown

by cheetah#1 on 7/18/2012 10:13:57 PM

Have any of you gals watched the "Go Bronze" video? It's awesome? I've watched it tons of times! I just love how pinkish-tan she looks, and the cosmetics she uses, especially that Victoria's Secret powder. And her lips, they're so dark and vampy, cool! Laughing

by cheetah#1 on 7/18/2012 10:11:58 PM

Mod Mod Mod
I have been dying for a new hairstyle. The only thing is i dont have that much money. Do you have any ideas for some cute hairstyles for shoulder length hair?
P.S.
Im not sure if this will mean anything, but my hair is really dark brown with light brown or blonde highlights.

Helen S.

by PandaLover0330 on 7/17/2012 8:01:47 PM

Thanks for the tip!!!Ive always wanted my hair a little wavy like Bella's.I just think her hair is soo preaty Smile

No problem, chica. Smile
Carrie R.

by lovesoccer121 on 7/16/2012 11:35:07 AM

Mod mod mod!
Ok so tomorrow I am making a big commitment, I'm dying my hair auburn! I hav a light brown hair already but Ik it's gonna b a HUGE change. I am worried tho cuz its just a Big decision and idk if I'm gonna luv it or hate it... Plz help!!!

hey! I mean it's a commitment but I say go for it. if you hate it THAT much you can save up to dye it back, and you'll probably really like it Smile

Helen S.

by Calderon on 7/15/2012 6:31:29 PM

Tip: use a CURLING WAND!!! it is the most amazing styling tool ive ever had. u will love it i promise!

by ACaseOfMistakenIdentity on 7/15/2012 1:27:55 AM

When I want waves like that here's what I do:
1. Before bed put you hair in a tight bun at the nape of your neck. Be sure to secure with lots of bobby pins, you don't want it to fall out while your sleeping.
2. In the morning, brush out your hair. See them gorgeous waves? Now just secure with you favorite hairspray.
Super easy right? It takes a lot less time, and there's a lot less product in your hair (which can cause your hair to look greasy!)

by bayleesaysrawr on 7/12/2012 7:08:21 PM

hey! i have naturally curly hair so all i do is air-dry Smile
okay, i'm going to camp next week, and i need help on what to bring. i'll already be bringing:
a bikini
a razor (the new kind where you don't need shave cream)
t-shirts
shorts
bedding (those mattresses look really uncomfortable)
good pjs
undershirts (i don't really need bras)
shower stuff
good tennis shoes
flip flops
toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, comb)
anything else you mods can think of? anything to make me look a little camp-chic? thanks!

by loppyears12 on 7/12/2012 2:16:21 PM

I like doing the wave.

by otter77 on 7/11/2012 7:22:15 PM

Uh, if that's bedhead then I'm a freaking turtle . . .

by 7200wolfgirl7200 on 7/11/2012 6:31:49 PM

So awesome! I've always loved this style I just never could figure out how to do it so this is perfect! Yay! Smile

by Acutiebookworm on 7/11/2012 4:47:26 PM

Ah, now i only curling my hair was that easy... I hate having straight hair sometimes XP

by rockinlishy on 7/11/2012 4:15:05 PM

I love Veganese! It's SOOO hydrating to my curly hair. Also from lush, get Curly Whirly. It has coconut bits and it's hydrating!

by Gabbyw123 on 7/11/2012 2:58:31 PM

i luv bella

by cutiepie14231 on 7/11/2012 2:42:49 PM

Want to be on the big screen one day? Ache to be a singer? Wish you could model? We're the club for you. Lights, Camera, Action gives you advice on the best ways for you to snatch that career and start living your dream. Who says dreams are only for our heads? This club will also help you out in sticky situations, boys, friends, and inner beauty. Join Lights, Camera, Action!

by pretty123 on 7/11/2012 2:35:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!! soo i have band camp in 3 weeks, and i need to be prepared:
old t- shirts(where can i find some?)
the right sunscreen(it has to be spray on)
how to avoid a bad tan
and most of all, i'll be out in the hot sun and i sweat underneath my arms.. a lot. you ca smell it too!!!! i can i avoid that!?!?
thank you so much!!

Hey girl, for old tees, try asking your family members and friends if they have any they're willing to part with. And Neutrogena has some really good spray-on sunscreen. Not quite sure what you mean by a "bad" tan, but just keep applying that sunblock every few hours, and you should be fine. To nix underarm smells, go for a deodorant that's clinical strength. Have a great time at camp!
Carrie R.

by karategirl78 on 7/11/2012 1:38:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay so I really love curly hair and I want curly hair so badly! My older sis has natural curly hair and I'm so jealous! So the thing is I don't have curly hair. My hair is stick straight! whenever I try to curl it my hair just goes back to straight because it's so naturally straight! How can I make my hair be curly and stay that way?!?!?! Please help! It's really frustrating!
Thanks a bunch! =D

Hey chica, the main way to score stay-in curls is to get a perm. But if you don't wanna do that, your other option is to take a shower before bed, leave your hair wet, and sleep with it in really tight buns or braids. That should give you a bit of a wave in the morning. Good luck!
Carrie R.

by musicismylife198 on 7/11/2012 1:14:37 PM

I have really short, frizzy hair. I have tried a lot of shampoo and conditioner for my hair, but nothing has really worked! And it hardly ever grows. Can ya'll help me? Thanks a bunch!

Hey chica, the reason why hair gets frizzy is because it's dry. So anything you can do to add moisture is good. Use leave-in conditioner, add a little bit of anti-frizz serum after a shower, try not to blow-dry it, and use a wide-tooth comb. Also, make sure that your diet is healthy because that can cause frizz, too. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated, and make sure you're gettin' all your vitamins.
Carrie R.

by izzyzing65 on 7/11/2012 12:43:09 PM

Hey girls, please join my clubs! If you ever need advice just ask and we’ll get back to you asap!
Queens of Hearts<3 :a club where you can get advice on hair, beauty, fashion, life, friends and especially boys!
Let’s Get Active! : a club that is pretty much a whole group of workout buddies who will give advice, motivate and inspire you to reach your fitness goals and stay healthy and active!

Please join, we’d love to have you and I would appreciate it sooo much!

<3 Honeycakes

by honeycakes on 7/11/2012 10:56:54 AM

i dont really know how to curl my hair, and my hair is already kinda poofy and curly.

by colorqueen101 on 7/11/2012 10:37:53 AM

This looks like a really cool hairstyle!

by 6ftsunshine:) on 7/11/2012 9:57:07 AM

How do I do makeup like her?
P.S.First comment!

Hey babe,

I'm sorry but I don't really know! This article is just focusing on her hair, so I have no idea what products she uses. From this picture, it looks like she keeps her makeup pretty natural looking with eyeliner and mascara on her top eyelids.
Kelly G.

by LilyBS123 on 7/11/2012 9:34:36 AM

I LOVE Lush products!! That's all I use! If you have ance break outs you HAVE to get a thing called Grease Lightening. That stuff is MAGIC. Literally, a day later your acne is gone!! I also use Jumping Juniper shampoo for oily hair and their Jungle conditioner. I love those too! Plus they last soo much longer than the liquid stuff. If you have oily skin, get the Dark Angels mask and the Coal Face soap. It works soo well! Plus, it's all natural so no harmful stuff or chemicals go into your body! Smile

by Kalulah on 7/11/2012 8:24:17 AM

i thought it would only work on long hair, but i tried it on my shoulder length hair and it works Smile

by emroxlol on 7/11/2012 5:36:16 AM

Mod mod mod
Hi! I have a problem with my hair. My hair is super curly, frizzy, and it gets so poofy when it dries. I want to wear my hair loose but I can't because my hair is so poofy! I need advice! Also, would a texturizing sea salt spray work on my kind of hair so I can get beachy waves? Thanks so much!

Hey babe,

Unfortunately there is no cure for poofiness - it's just how your hair will naturally be! But, you can control its craziness. First, make sure you're using the right kind of shampoo & conditioner - they can make all the difference. Try getting kinds that are meant for curly hair. The frizziness can happen when your hair is dry or you have split ends. There are many products you can try that you can put on during the day that will smooth down your hair and make it more sleek. I don't have curly hair so I'm not sure of any specific brands, but just look out for serums or sprays that say that they control frizziness!
Kelly G.

by Foreverme3 on 7/11/2012 2:59:55 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
Help!!! I'm going to a family picnic on saturday and i have NO idea what to wear or how to do my hair! We'll be playing lotsa games so i cant wear a dress and i dont know what do!! HELP!! Thanks sooo much!

Hey girl,

No biggie! If you're playing lots of games and moving around a lot, try doing braids in your hair. It's a super cute look but will also keep your hair in place and out of your face! For clothes, wear something comfy that you can move around in - maybe a cute pair of shorts and a tank top?
Kelly G.

by smileyfaceincallie on 7/11/2012 2:17:48 AM

So school is starting on August 16th and there is something I need to do this year that I didn't last year. I usually during the day have the worst case of underarm sweat. It is just so visible. Like my underarms are soaked. I do use clinical protection at night and during the day from like 9 o'clock till to the end of the school day. It's that bad where I have to wear jackets to cover it up. I want to use clinical protection during the night and a brand call "Teen Spirit" during the day. Any additional advice? You know how the beginning of the school year is, HOT HOT HOT, so i want to wear an outfit without a jacket with confidence knowing my under arms are dry the whole day! I want to raise my hand and know I am not a sweaty mess. It will be my Sophmore year btw and I am only 14. HELP PLEASE! Thnx Smile

Hey girl,

I would def talk to your doc about this. It sounds like you may need extra help keeping dry, so he should be able to prescribe some sort of strong antiperspirant. Also, try to wear more loose fitting shirts to help keep your body cool. You can also try bringing a change of clothes with you to school, so you can have a refresher mid day.
Kelly G.