8 HOURS AGO The least awkward way to talk to your mom about sex: http://t.co/nJUDIv8mDL

11 HOURS AGO Throw the best #Friendsgiving feast ever: http://t.co/CfwBynu3mF

12 HOURS AGO How to get him to (finally) call you back: http://t.co/RGMLbQNyLi

COMMENTS

Make a move! 9 ways to chat up your crush

Ever get stuck, deer in headlights-style, when you wanna chat it up with your crush? With a little practice, you’ll never worry about what to say...

Ok I really need some advice here...So I'm dating the most amazing guy, we've been dating for 9 months, and I couldn't be happier, until I got into this musical. Well,I've kind of fallen for the boy that plays my opposite in the show. I don't know what to do, I'm so confused! But the show ends on Sunday and I'm afraid I'd never see him again. Help me please, girls!

by fantabigail on 7/25/2012 6:05:49 PM

thank you guys so much for always saying that we truly are beautiful! today i looked in the mirror and i thought i really am beautiful! ever since i started paying more attention to what you were saying, my self esteem/confidence has sky rocketed! ive made a move on my crush (and he flirted back!!), walked the beach/pool confidently in a bikini and so much more! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awh, girlie, this means so much to hear that it's had a positive effect on you!  I'm so glad! Smile

Jordan S.

by waffles4eva! on 7/23/2012 10:41:20 PM

MOD!!!
I don't know what to do. I think my bgf might like me (and i kinda like him,) but I do not know for sure. He said we should hang out sometime and when I said we should he said "that could work Laughing". Also, I know one of my other friends (I will call him "John") likes me and he got one of his friends to message me asking if I wanted to hang out with John sometime and saying that John would be in town all next week. How can I gently say that I don't really like John without totally crushing him? Also, how can I tell if my bgf really likes me? Thanks!

Hmmm, let's talk about your bgf first.  The best way to figure out his feelings are to spend more time with him.  If you guys have fun, the convo seems natural, he seems genuinely interested in getting to know you, and makes an effort to reach out - those are all good signs! Smile

As for John, that's a more tricky one.  If you consider him a friend and think he'd be okay to hang out with, you could always give it a shot (never hurts to have more guy friends!).  But if not, well, then you'll need to decide how blunt you want to be (he probably had his friend ask because he was nervous about your reaction).  You could always let him know you think John is a sweet/fun/nice guy, but there's someone else you're crushing on (it's true!).  That will soften the blow, and is honest.  xoxo

Marie H.

by Bridgge2010 on 7/20/2012 6:41:37 PM

Mod Mod Mod MOD:
Okay, so im 13.
I have a crush but i cant make any moves because im not allowed to date. I live with my dad. I wanna convince him and my mom to let me date... I mean, im ready for a relationship. The guy i like is 16 though... So i really wanna flirt,, but not only would i like die, id be embarrased when my dad yells NO!... It makes me wanna cry, because i like him so much(i wont say love, its too delicate of a word) I feel like i could fall in love with this guy though... hes so sweet. Hes not the most attractive guy, but hes so sweet . not just to me, to everyone...Any ideas on how to convince my parents? It has to be VERY convincing because my mom started dating at 15 and got married at 17 and was pregnant with me at 17, had me 27 ays after she turned 18. and she doesnt want me to end up like her, but i wont have sex. Any ideas? it really has to be convincing... I like him so much! i cant even explain. Please help... Thanks, Love,
Need To Convince~

Hey girl! If you want to talk to your parents about this, you need to respect their decision either way.  It wouldn't be good to lose their trust and sneak around.  As for talking to them, try to be calm and explain the same reasons that you put in your post!  You can always be friends with this boy without dating him, too Smile Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by xBlessTheBroken on 7/19/2012 2:14:05 AM

these are really good phrases to use. the only one i am brave enough to say was the homework one.i am very myself around guys but very nervous awkward and shy around guys that i like

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 7/18/2012 2:42:42 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!!
Ahhh I met this AMAZING guy at camp. Ik it sounds corny put its true. I liked him as just a wish for a while but one day I ran into him at an ice cream place and we started chatting. Now we txt and talk at camp, but camp is over on Friday! He told me tht he liked me and I said I liked home back but I'm worried. Ik we won't hav a relationship the last week of camp and I'm nervous he wil go bak to skol and hav a girlfriend so next summer I won't be able to date him. I'm also worried tht if I want to date a guy this year he is goin to b offended if I come to camp next yr and I'm not still single! Ahhhh help! I rly lik him but I'm SO LOST!!!!!😖😰

Hey! Don't hold back this year for this guy. I know you like him, but you guys don't have any obligation t wait for eachother. Just go with the flow and maybe you can hang out more next year. good luck!
Helen S.

by Calderon on 7/15/2012 6:49:04 PM

modModMOdMODMODMOdModmod!
So i have to choose between going for the cute guy in my class or the sweet guy in my music class. which one?
i know that if i choose the cute one it would seem kind of superficial but it would help my rep, but if i choose the sweet one then ill come off as an orcdork with a band nerd.
help!

Hey girlie,

Whenever you're choosing between two guys, the best thing to do is take your time. Get to know each of them better - because how they make you feel is WAY more important than their "label" (aka "cute guy," "sweet band guy," etc.). Which one makes you laugh? Which one makes you feel like you can be yourself? Which one do you always get the most excited to see/talk to? Which one respects you? Ask yourself those questions and see which one clicks better with your personality. That's the one you should spend your time with the most Smile

Lauren C.

by HannahJL on 7/15/2012 2:10:30 AM

hey i have this guy that i like and he knows that i like him back ( i told him ) but he acted normally and the other day he asked me to send him a picture of me in bikini. is he using my body?and should i send him a picture?please help! Frown

Hey girl,

Don't send him a picture. He seems to be very interested in your body but he hasn't even made it clear that he likes YOU and your personality. You shouldn't ever send pictures of your body to people, even if it's you in a bikini, because you never know who else he will show the picture to.
Kelly G.

by hot mess on 7/13/2012 2:37:54 PM

Hey girl! Go ahead and tell this guy how you really feel? I have a feeling just from reading your comment that he likes you back ;D
Whether or not you guys have a relationship isn't the question, now that you're moving. This is a principle of saying what you need to say now so you won't regret keeping silent. Who knows? Love works in mysterious ways.

by ErinKaelie on 7/12/2012 4:47:20 PM

Mod Mod Mod...
Okay, so I really like this guy. I'm 13 going into 8th grade. He is 14 going into high school as a freshman. We live in two different towns and we don't go to the same school. We are both super quiet and shy. We show cattle together but we are therefore always busy then. We both are those kinda people that it is just kinda hard to talk to since we are both super shy and quiet so people would know something is up if one of us was talking to the other. We only see each other about 8 or a little more or less during the summer but only like 3 times during the school year. Every time we see each other it is at a big group thing too. I also don't know if he likes me. I like him sooooooo much! My sister thinks that we would look good together but I don't really want her to know that I like him because she will tease me a ton along with everyone else with cattle. I've also never had a BF I think he has had a GF. Any advice from anyone is super helpful! Thanks a bunch!Smile!Smile

Hey girl!  He sounds sweet and its nice that you have things in common.  The best way to get to know him is to really talk to him , and you're lucky because you have mutual interests!  Don't be worried about your sister's teasing, we've all been through that Smile Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.