9 HOURS AGO See what reality star is getting bullied behind the runways!: #StopBullying http://t.co/8dWrkf6fRu

10 HOURS AGO Is there space between you and your guy now that you’re BTS? Help decode the situation here: http://t.co/IN1fP6QYcM

11 HOURS AGO That *very* awkward moment when you and your bestie are crushing on the same cutie: http://t.co/ihRzxuWfDU

COMMENTS

Make a move! 9 ways to chat up your crush

Ever get stuck, deer in headlights-style, when you wanna chat it up with your crush? With a little practice, you’ll never worry about what to say...

Mod Mod Mod
I had Freshmen Orientation for this center in my high school and I didn't know anybody there. But there was the super cute guy that sat near me and he kept sneaking glances over at me. The problem is I don't know what to say to him when I see him next (August). Also, should I friend him on Facebook or is that too stalker-ish?
Thanks!!

Hey girlie, don't friend him on Facebook until you meet him for real in the fall. Maybe you'll get lucky and have a class with him. And if you don't, just make sure you say hi to him if you ever see him the hallway.

Lauren T.

by Jackie98 on 6/9/2013 6:50:57 PM

What do I do?!?! Ok so this guy I like that I have barely spoken to has been smiling at me. How do I start a conversation?!

by radiogirl on 3/16/2013 4:11:13 PM

I need some advice on a problem.
I went to a school dance and this really cute guy was standing there watching me dance with my friends. He came up to me a few minutes later and asked me if I wanted to dance. We started to dance the last couple of songs. When it was over we kinda just stood there and we both walked away and I didn't get his name or anything. Should I try to find out who he was? and if I do should I talk to him? and if yes what do I say?

by Hellokitty_18 <3 on 3/12/2013 9:02:21 PM

okay so, long-story-short, I really like my friend's (lets call her c) older brother (who i will call j). im 13 and hes 16 and hes super cute and really sweet and c thinks that we should go out. c says that j likes me but idk. whenever i go to c's house we always hang out with j and apparently im c's only friend that j ever even talks to. we text everyday for a long time and we have a lot in common. i slept over at c's house and we watched a movie with j and he would look over and smile at me (he didn't know i noticed) and after c fell asleep we talked for about an hour until it was 4:30am and he went downstairs to sleep. when i got home we started texting again and he said that he likes it when i come over.. he also said 'its kinda awkward with c there all the time' i said 'haha, you wanted to chill with just me?' and he said yeah... does he like me? what should i do?? :S please help!

Hey Anymnmous. . ., sounds like he likes ya to me. Keep talking to him like you do. But make sure your parents are okay with you talking to a boy that's three years older than you. Hope this helps ya! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Anonymous... on 10/14/2012 11:37:41 PM

I know this is off the subject but I really need to get this off my chest. My best friend is so frustrating whenever I have a crush he gets super protective and always runs them away. And I ask him why he does it and he always says I'm better than them but some of them are really sweet guys! And I always support him when there's a girl he likes so why can't he do the same for me? I don't get what his problem is. :/

by IThinkILoveYou... on 9/1/2012 5:33:55 PM

So I've really liked this guy from my church for over a year, but there's just one big problem: he's super popular. And I am...well, the opposite of popular. We talk occasionally, but it gets harder and harder. And another big problem: he likes a super popular girl who hates me. And she likes him too. She used to be my friend, but now she like thinks she's better than me or something. (and also: he's really, really nice to me but doesn't know I like him.) Right now I just don't know what to do. Any tips for this dilemma?

Hey girl! Keep talking to him, but make an effort to go out and meet new guys, too.  If he and this girl like each other, they might start dating, and you don't want to get in the middle of two people.  It's okay to have him asa good friend though, and he might introduce you to other guys he knows who are super nice and into YOU. xoxo

Kate G.

by jessm4ever on 8/17/2012 10:29:59 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay so I've always been horrible at talking to guys! And I don't know how to flirt! Frown I just get so nervous and don't know what to say or do! I'm going into my freshman year at high school and I want to be able to talk to guys when I start school. Any tips?

Hey girl!

Instead of trying to "flirt" just try to talk. Try not to view every guy you see as a potential crush-- look at them like friends. That way, they'll get to know the true you.

good luck!
simone s.

by toinfinityandbeyond on 8/14/2012 3:05:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
So last wednesday I was at an outdoor movie with my best friend at her church. I'm going to start going to her church every other weekend but at the movie I met a guy (We will call him P) and he is super nice and sweet. My friendCool and P are close friends. I only met him for 3hrs but I really like him. The problem is, H likes him too I found out afterward. She texted this guy(N) who is friends with P and N told H that P "likes your friend a little bit". But when H called P to ask him who he likes, he said you (meaning H) and quickly hung up. Who do I believe? Because a few weeks back H and P were on a mission trip together and he said he liked her. H suspected that he didn't like her anymore because of what N said. And also, what do I do if P likes me? I can't go out with him because that wouldn't be fair to H, right? Even if she were to tell me it was ok? Please help!

Hey chica! You're right- it would be mean to date a dude your friend had a crush on.  My advice is to leave this guy to your friend and find a new guy! xoxo

Kate G.

by minkymouse on 8/13/2012 3:45:52 PM

Okay so a coupe years ago there was a guy that really liked me (oh at the time he was my brothers best friend) I didn't like him that much but the more the more time I spent with him the more I liked him. Well I invited him to this thing the church I attend puts on for teens. Well, after that he seemed to like me more, but he left for high school and I haven't seen or talked to him since then. My cousin is best friends with him now and he told her that I scared him off. Well, tomorrow is my first day at high school and I'm kinda scared about who he else he told that to. I just done really know what to do. Do you think I really scared him off?

by m&m2016 on 8/8/2012 2:38:48 PM

i have a crush on this boy at my church i got confirmed with him and you have to take classes so we spent alot of time together. Well this week we are both counslers for vbs and he sits right in front of me so i talked to him today and pizza came up (haha idk why) i said our group should all go out for pizza because i like the people in our group and i looked at him and he smiled (the pizza was a joke because we had stuff to do) he looks at me alot too but im not positive he likes me help please!?!?
-sorry its long

Hey Girl--

Your story made me say "Awww." You sound like you're great at talking to him and taking initiative. Just get to know him better and hopefully he'll make a move to let you know you like him.

good luck!!
simone s.

by makmnm on 7/31/2012 4:14:33 PM

Ok I really need some advice here...So I'm dating the most amazing guy, we've been dating for 9 months, and I couldn't be happier, until I got into this musical. Well,I've kind of fallen for the boy that plays my opposite in the show. I don't know what to do, I'm so confused! But the show ends on Sunday and I'm afraid I'd never see him again. Help me please, girls!

by fantabigail on 7/25/2012 6:05:49 PM

thank you guys so much for always saying that we truly are beautiful! today i looked in the mirror and i thought i really am beautiful! ever since i started paying more attention to what you were saying, my self esteem/confidence has sky rocketed! ive made a move on my crush (and he flirted back!!), walked the beach/pool confidently in a bikini and so much more! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awh, girlie, this means so much to hear that it's had a positive effect on you!  I'm so glad! Smile

Jordan S.

by waffles4eva! on 7/23/2012 10:41:20 PM

MOD!!!
I don't know what to do. I think my bgf might like me (and i kinda like him,) but I do not know for sure. He said we should hang out sometime and when I said we should he said "that could work Laughing". Also, I know one of my other friends (I will call him "John") likes me and he got one of his friends to message me asking if I wanted to hang out with John sometime and saying that John would be in town all next week. How can I gently say that I don't really like John without totally crushing him? Also, how can I tell if my bgf really likes me? Thanks!

Hmmm, let's talk about your bgf first.  The best way to figure out his feelings are to spend more time with him.  If you guys have fun, the convo seems natural, he seems genuinely interested in getting to know you, and makes an effort to reach out - those are all good signs! Smile

As for John, that's a more tricky one.  If you consider him a friend and think he'd be okay to hang out with, you could always give it a shot (never hurts to have more guy friends!).  But if not, well, then you'll need to decide how blunt you want to be (he probably had his friend ask because he was nervous about your reaction).  You could always let him know you think John is a sweet/fun/nice guy, but there's someone else you're crushing on (it's true!).  That will soften the blow, and is honest.  xoxo

Marie H.

by Bridgge2010 on 7/20/2012 6:41:37 PM

Mod Mod Mod MOD:
Okay, so im 13.
I have a crush but i cant make any moves because im not allowed to date. I live with my dad. I wanna convince him and my mom to let me date... I mean, im ready for a relationship. The guy i like is 16 though... So i really wanna flirt,, but not only would i like die, id be embarrased when my dad yells NO!... It makes me wanna cry, because i like him so much(i wont say love, its too delicate of a word) I feel like i could fall in love with this guy though... hes so sweet. Hes not the most attractive guy, but hes so sweet . not just to me, to everyone...Any ideas on how to convince my parents? It has to be VERY convincing because my mom started dating at 15 and got married at 17 and was pregnant with me at 17, had me 27 ays after she turned 18. and she doesnt want me to end up like her, but i wont have sex. Any ideas? it really has to be convincing... I like him so much! i cant even explain. Please help... Thanks, Love,
Need To Convince~

Hey girl! If you want to talk to your parents about this, you need to respect their decision either way.  It wouldn't be good to lose their trust and sneak around.  As for talking to them, try to be calm and explain the same reasons that you put in your post!  You can always be friends with this boy without dating him, too Smile Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by xBlessTheBroken on 7/19/2012 2:14:05 AM

these are really good phrases to use. the only one i am brave enough to say was the homework one.i am very myself around guys but very nervous awkward and shy around guys that i like

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 7/18/2012 2:42:42 PM

Mod mod mod!!!!!
Ahhh I met this AMAZING guy at camp. Ik it sounds corny put its true. I liked him as just a wish for a while but one day I ran into him at an ice cream place and we started chatting. Now we txt and talk at camp, but camp is over on Friday! He told me tht he liked me and I said I liked home back but I'm worried. Ik we won't hav a relationship the last week of camp and I'm nervous he wil go bak to skol and hav a girlfriend so next summer I won't be able to date him. I'm also worried tht if I want to date a guy this year he is goin to b offended if I come to camp next yr and I'm not still single! Ahhhh help! I rly lik him but I'm SO LOST!!!!!😖😰

Hey! Don't hold back this year for this guy. I know you like him, but you guys don't have any obligation t wait for eachother. Just go with the flow and maybe you can hang out more next year. good luck!
Helen S.

by Calderon on 7/15/2012 6:49:04 PM

modModMOdMODMODMOdModmod!
So i have to choose between going for the cute guy in my class or the sweet guy in my music class. which one?
i know that if i choose the cute one it would seem kind of superficial but it would help my rep, but if i choose the sweet one then ill come off as an orcdork with a band nerd.
help!

Hey girlie,

Whenever you're choosing between two guys, the best thing to do is take your time. Get to know each of them better - because how they make you feel is WAY more important than their "label" (aka "cute guy," "sweet band guy," etc.). Which one makes you laugh? Which one makes you feel like you can be yourself? Which one do you always get the most excited to see/talk to? Which one respects you? Ask yourself those questions and see which one clicks better with your personality. That's the one you should spend your time with the most Smile

Lauren C.

by HannahJL on 7/15/2012 2:10:30 AM

hey i have this guy that i like and he knows that i like him back ( i told him ) but he acted normally and the other day he asked me to send him a picture of me in bikini. is he using my body?and should i send him a picture?please help! Frown

Hey girl,

Don't send him a picture. He seems to be very interested in your body but he hasn't even made it clear that he likes YOU and your personality. You shouldn't ever send pictures of your body to people, even if it's you in a bikini, because you never know who else he will show the picture to.
Kelly G.

by hot mess on 7/13/2012 2:37:54 PM

Hey girl! Go ahead and tell this guy how you really feel? I have a feeling just from reading your comment that he likes you back ;D
Whether or not you guys have a relationship isn't the question, now that you're moving. This is a principle of saying what you need to say now so you won't regret keeping silent. Who knows? Love works in mysterious ways.

by ErinKaelie on 7/12/2012 4:47:20 PM

Mod Mod Mod...
Okay, so I really like this guy. I'm 13 going into 8th grade. He is 14 going into high school as a freshman. We live in two different towns and we don't go to the same school. We are both super quiet and shy. We show cattle together but we are therefore always busy then. We both are those kinda people that it is just kinda hard to talk to since we are both super shy and quiet so people would know something is up if one of us was talking to the other. We only see each other about 8 or a little more or less during the summer but only like 3 times during the school year. Every time we see each other it is at a big group thing too. I also don't know if he likes me. I like him sooooooo much! My sister thinks that we would look good together but I don't really want her to know that I like him because she will tease me a ton along with everyone else with cattle. I've also never had a BF I think he has had a GF. Any advice from anyone is super helpful! Thanks a bunch!Smile!Smile

Hey girl!  He sounds sweet and its nice that you have things in common.  The best way to get to know him is to really talk to him , and you're lucky because you have mutual interests!  Don't be worried about your sister's teasing, we've all been through that Smile Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by Cowsrule11 on 7/12/2012 4:16:10 PM

hey superstarlala try a pair of rainbow flip-flops, they are more expensive but they are super comfy and have a 35 yeaar warranty so you can wear them all ya want!

by divasa on 7/12/2012 10:09:22 AM

Hey luvurself19, try bringing it up when you and your bro are talking. Ask him if he has been thinking about college and if so which ones he'd like to go to. Ask him if you have to have good grades to get in, and that if he wanted you to you could help him. The good thing is that he has two years to go, and that's enough time to get his grades up. So if you can't convince him to accept your help in one day, you have a lot of time to persuade him. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
okay so i need help. My brother is a really really good athlete and he could have a chance of going on a scholarship to a good school because of it. Problem is his grades suck. As in they are really bad. He has two years of high school left and i really want him to do a better job so he can get into a good collage. Im really smart so i was thinking of helping him but i dont know how to do that without it being wierd (because i'm two years younger than him), him getting mad, or taking up too much time (I have school and sports too). If he dosent get his grades up im afraid he isn't going to collage at all! Please help me figure out how to help him! Lynae P.

by loveurself19 on 7/11/2012 8:27:11 PM

I've used 4 & 6 before...
I was so nervous when I used 4 and asked about homework I forgot my crush hadn't been in class the day it was assigned...awkward... haha But it all worked out... Smile

by Acutiebookworm on 7/11/2012 4:40:29 PM

MODMODMOD
Flip-flops are my favorite shoe and I wear them all the time. The only problem is, I don't know where I could get comfortable flip flops. I don't mind spending a little more money if I can wear them for a while. So are there any good places to get cute, comfy flip flops and sandals?

Hey babe, try getting flip flops from Reef. They are a li'l more expensive, but not too bad. Plus, they're super comfy and adorable.
Carrie R.

by superstarlala on 7/11/2012 4:22:21 PM

ok heres the deal, i like this guy who is on the same swim team as me and all of our teamates keep making fun of us because we allways sit together and are always talking and i think he likes me to but there is a huge promblem im moving and he knows about it and i think im in love and i really want to tell him but i dont know how and i KNOW i will see him again...but i NEED to tell him how i feel but i dont knowhow... please help.

by swimchick...gl on 7/11/2012 3:42:19 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
There aren't many guys at my school that i really like, i know i'll probably meet some new ones next year, but i want to meet a nice, sweet guy outside of school. where are some places i meet them? Oh and is it okay if i mostly like guys outside of my race? i always find myself attracted to them more than the ones in my own.

Hey babe, meeting guys can be tricky because unfortunately, they never seem to show up when you're lookin' for 'em. On the plus side, the sweetest ones will pop up when you're least expecting it, and then you'll have an awesome surprise. But if you're looking for some guys outside of school, the best thing to do is join a group or club that's not connected to your school, like 4-H or a church group. See what's available in your area for your age group. And it is totally okay to like guys of different races. We're all humans, after all.
Carrie R.

by elevenbailey on 7/11/2012 2:16:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Ok so I absolutely adore my BF, but whenever we text he's so boring! All he ever says is one word replies! Any ways I can keep our conversation going? Especially during summer when I rarely see him? Thanks!

Hey babe, that is annoying when your guy isn't putting in the effort. Just keep up your end of the convo, and try asking him questions that need more than one word answers. Like ask what he's been up to, how his vacay went, what are his plans for the weekend, etc. Don't be afraid to just tell him what you've been up to, too. Obviously, he isn't going to ask, so tell him if there's something that's got you excited. Hopefully, he'll notice how important it is to you and show some interest. But if not, you might wanna think about having some Skype dates or phone calls, since they require a bit more commitment and attention.
Carrie R.

by swimmergirl14 on 7/11/2012 12:14:50 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! MOD!
I've been having lots of nightmares about school lately and idk why. I know its summer and all but I can't help worrying about it. Why is this happening and how do i stress less about this because i really want to enjoy summer.

Hey girl!

I'm sorry you're having so many anxieties. You're absolutely right - now is not the time to worry about school, because you still have so much left of the summer to enjoy! It could be happening for various reasons (maybe you're nervous about a summer assignment, about classes you'll be taking, about friendships), but there are also various ways to fix your nightmares. Try packing your days full of activities so you don't have time to let your mind wander to bad thoughts. Or, to take a different approach, talk aloud about your concerns to your friends or parents. Sometimes it can help to just get our worries off our chest. Before bed, do something take takes your full concentration, like reading a book. That way, hopefully, you'll dream about a fun story or adventure, instead of the worries in the back of your mind.
Kelly G.

by Icecreamluver on 7/11/2012 11:29:31 AM

Mod Mod Mod
Okay, so I have a crush on this sweet, video gamer lover, sandy blonde hair guy. He's my age, understands me in many ways, and makes me smile. The only thing is... He's my BFFs brother!! Whenever I see him I can't help but smile. He's the only guy I've liked who I think of almost all the time!! Im just worried because he asked me to our schools dance but I had to say no due to thr fact that another guy asked me 10 min earlier and I said I was going with my friends! He didn't even go to the dance! Do you think he might not like me anymore because I said no? It's been like a month but we still hang out. Soon I'm going to go to mc Donald's with him and his sis. What should I do? Should I confess my feelings? Please help!!

Hey girl,

Is your BFF okay with you liking her brother? If she is, then you should confess your feelings. It seems to be eating you up, so it's probably okay to just let it spill. If you guys still hang out, I'm sure he still likes you! You can even explain why you said no to him before, I'm sure he will understand. It sounds like you really know him well and would love to be with him, so I say go for it girl! Good luck Smile
Kelly G.

by emmyie11 on 7/11/2012 11:19:54 AM

Mod Mod Mod...
So, I really super like this guy. He is really cute and doesn't go to my school. He's nice and super quiet-just like me. I don't know how to talk to him. I see him a a couple times in the summer for cattle shows and judging but otherwise I don't see him. I really want to talk to him but I'm always soooo busy during shows and so is he. Plus all of his friends would make assumptions if I ever talked to him and everyone at fair can be a little rude or embarrassing-and trust me the word gets around FAST. Any advice is super helpful! Thanks a TON!!!

Hey girl,

You can always strike up a convo about the cattle shows or judging! You will always get people who will start rumors or make assumptions, but if you think this guy is worth it, then it shouldn't matter. If you want to talk to him, you should talk to him, regardless of what other people say. If you're super busy during shows, say something to him like, "These shows are crazy and exhausting since they keep us so busy! When they're over we should go grab some ice cream (or dinner, or whatever) to chill out and relax!" Or, you can just have an open invite, by saying you're going to get some ice cream after, and he's welcome to join you.
Kelly G.

by Cowsrule11 on 7/11/2012 11:19:10 AM

Hey girls, please join my clubs! If you ever need advice just ask and we’ll get back to you asap!
Queens of Hearts<3 :a club where you can get advice on hair, beauty, fashion, life, friends and especially boys!
Let’s Get Active! : a club that is pretty much a whole group of workout buddies who will give advice, motivate and inspire you to reach your fitness goals and stay healthy and active!

Please join, we’d love to have you and I would appreciate it sooo much!

<3 Honeycakes

by honeycakes on 7/11/2012 10:55:44 AM

These are great ideas that dont seen to flirtatous. LOL. thx GL

by colorqueen101 on 7/11/2012 10:31:23 AM

mod mod mod
i want a boyfriend,but all the guys i like would date popular and mean girls!what should a i do?please help Frown

Hey babe,

If those guys would ONLY date popular and mean girls, they are not the kind of guys you want to be with anyway. Don't worry about those dudes. Instead, switch your focus to looking for kinder guys that aren't so shallow!
Kelly G.

by hot mess on 7/11/2012 5:29:00 AM

yeah, needed this in june when we had school... just saying...

by soccerlover99 on 7/11/2012 2:36:57 AM

I find it weird when people say, become friends with the guy first. Because I go to a school with only 101 people in our grade, so everybody's friends, and my Crush, is my BGF. soooo.

by georgetownroad on 7/11/2012 2:03:10 AM