1 HOURS AGO Treat that awful sunburn before it gets worse! How to save your skin: http://t.co/JOuY0NMjsd

3 HOURS AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

3 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

COMMENTS

In the News: Should McDonald's be banned from the Olympics?

The 2012 Olympics are coming up fast, and the London Assembly has just made an unheard-of request: They would like the Olympic Committee to ban advertisements for...

I think that having ads for McDonalds in the Olympics is a good idea. I think that it makes it look, to a young child, that McDonalds is okay to eat there often, which its not. I havent eaten at McDonalds for years, but that is a personal choice. I dont think that MCD is an okay place to eat because I know what it can do to ur body, but if people know the side effects then they can make the choice to eat there. I dont personaly love soda like I used to, I can find things that r better for me that taste just as good, but yet again, I think taht if people know what it does to there body then they should be aloud to make there own choices on what they eat. I think that it is a good idea for the Olympics to not accept support from brand that have caused our countrys riding obesty rates

by cul_4_you on 8/12/2012 12:34:43 AM

I don't think it should be banned. They have to pay for the olympics somehow. Plus, if you already eat at McDonalds not seeing a couple ads isn't going to stop you! And if have made the choice not to eat there, the ads aren't going to convince you. Plus, everyone knows athletes don't actually eat there, because it's soo bad for you. It would be awful for their bodies.

by hol_dar on 8/6/2012 12:23:00 AM

I agree completely!!! I was just thinking about how the Olympians would never eat McDonalds, b cuz it makes you feel totally fat and nasty.( I haven't eaten at McDonalds for years) you go Olympic committee!

by KatieBell23 on 8/3/2012 11:03:07 AM

This is such a contradict of a topic, it's hard to pick a side. McDonald's ads are going to run whether or not the Olympics are happening. Yes, it's up to consumers what they're going to eat and drink, but again, reinforcing those decisions through ads while watching athletes excel at what they do best isn't such a good idea either. It's not like the athletes go to McDonald's every week or drink soda daily, so even though these companies are supporting the Olympics, they're not supporting the athletes. Coca-Cola has a large amount of sugar in it's soft drinks, and even the diet kind has some type of sugar in it, real or not. I've completely cut out soft drinks from my diet, and my body thanks me for it. I enjoy McDonald's every once in a while, and I'm still active and healthy. You can't only focus on calories, other things can have negative effects on your body if over consumed.

by alindgren on 8/2/2012 7:19:01 PM

I think its okay either way. The McDonalds commercials are going to run either way, so they'll just find a different way of advertising. It is not going to stop obesity.

by MusicIsLove123 on 7/18/2012 6:01:23 PM

The council should most definitely ban the commercials, although if they can't get enough money, maybe have the ads in moderation

by savethefrogs on 7/16/2012 8:08:46 PM

first @ Krisskat Splenda is actually sweeter than sugar so its better to have sugar in moderation of course
Also Isn't there a chemical in coke that if coke was to be drunk on a regualr basis that it can cause cancer.
In my mind sure you need to fuel your body right but after excercising on that extreme level they burned major calories.
I have seen some commercials like Michael Phelps and Subway; also Shaun Johnson and Bounty. it also depends on the stations that they broadcast the commercials.I have seen these commercials and I have might have seen 1 Mcdonald's commercial. But banning the sale or advertising is not going to help the olympics at all. All is good in Moderation

by dancer1414:) on 7/16/2012 1:03:09 PM

Ironically, it wasn't but a few days ago when I saw a commercial for McD's and the Olympics and commented to my mom how it just seemed so contradictory. While some of their "healthy" option don't have a ton of calories, they still have a ridiculous amount of sugar. Not so healthy after all!

by cahbead21 on 7/16/2012 12:11:20 PM

GO 2012 LONDON OLYMPIC GAMES COMMITEE!!! This is a step in the right direction and it will make a difference

by volleyballchica37 on 7/16/2012 12:11:16 PM

McDonalds should definitely be banned from the Olympics. I mean athletes from around the world are doing their best to be the best. We are supposed to be supporting sports and health but so many people who go to McDonalds are obese. In my opinion I think Subway should be advertised, it's a very popular restaurant, maybe not as popular as McDonalds but it is so much healthier.

by kelsea davis on 7/15/2012 7:27:46 PM