1 HOURS AGO Brighten up with the sweetest trend on the scene: http://t.co/rkPfWPjkcV

2 HOURS AGO RIP Grandpa Grande: http://t.co/esBmqvu2gn

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 give back with @giveforgranted's T.O. crew neck sweater: http://t.co/WgraIyeIXm

COMMENTS

In the News: Should McDonald's be banned from the Olympics?

The 2012 Olympics are coming up fast, and the London Assembly has just made an unheard-of request: They would like the Olympic Committee to ban advertisements for...

I THINK ITS UP TO THE CONSUMERS CHOICE IF THETY ARE TOO EAT HEALTHY OR NOT

by 1peanut6 on 7/14/2012 11:10:33 PM

I think McDonald's and Coca-Cola should be able to have ads. Having ads isn't forcing someone to eat or drink their products. It just kinda encourages it. But if someone likes it they'll eat it whether or not there's an ad for it. Serving the food is the problem if anything. The ads encourage eating... But serving the food almost 100% guarantees it. If they want to stop people from eating and drinking these products, they should stop selling it instead of removing the ads.

by VC2699 on 7/14/2012 9:25:29 PM

Hhmmmmmm........I think advertising the Olympics won't affect people's weight.. As long as u proportion it.
MOD. Mod mod mod mod
U know how artificial sweeteners, like splenda has zero cals, sodium, fat, and well zero nothin? Even with that, does it make u gain weight? It has artificial sweeteners, like sucralose. Would it b better 2 go with natural stuff like real cane sugar? Cause I read somewhere it messes up ur metabolism. Frown
ThanX Smile

by Krisskatt on 7/14/2012 8:09:51 PM

I think that if Mcdonalds & Coca-Cola sponser the Olympics, they should be allowed to have advertising. It's up to the consumer to make healthy choices

by natdtanner on 7/14/2012 7:02:45 PM

They should not have cut them from advertising. In my opinion, seeing these amazing athletes at their full potential, in outstanding health would personally motivate me to eat healthier, pushing me to avoid McD's and some Coca-Cola products. There is no need to punish these companies because of the public's choices about eating!

by cmfox99 on 7/13/2012 9:21:14 AM

I was so surprised when I saw that THESE were the sponsors on TV. I honestly think they should have chosen someone else. ANYTHING else!

by Glitterheart16 on 7/13/2012 12:48:24 AM

Wow, um really? Nobody cares if some Mcdonald's message or Coca Cola Message shows during the olympics. That's not going to change anything.
What's the point of not advertising them, but STILL serving their food at the event? This is totally backwards,
I'm still going to drink Coca Cola regardless... -.-
I don't think I'll be able to go back to school shopping this year. I JUST bought a dress last week that reached down to my knees, and now it looks like a small shirt on me. There's no point in buying clothes and school starts in... 3 WEEKS!What should I do?
Plus+
I'm really tight on money right now, do you have an last minute summer job ideas?

Hey girl!  You could try asking your neighbors if they need any help with chores, babysitting, etc.  Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 7/12/2012 4:22:31 PM

Really? I mean like Coca Cola said the consumers should decide. Even though they are not healthy items. They are big supporters. People choose what they eat they aren't forced to buy unhealthy stuff are they. No. They do not it is their own choice whether they eat those foods or not. It should not be other people decisions on what you eat. Like my mom said to me McDonalds was always a treat never an everyday meal. And Cola people can decide for themselves to drink or eat something or not

by HockeyLuver on 7/12/2012 3:47:03 PM

i say that they should Ban McDonal's & Coca-cola Prouducts & advertising from the Olympics!!! Its about staying in shape & being healthy!!! THE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT THE OLYPICS,McDonal's & Coca-Cola, HAVE NOTHING TO DO W/ HEALTH & FITNESS!!! Subway should be advertising it.

by Sam Cool1038 on 7/12/2012 2:08:27 PM

i don't really care cause mcd's already has enough commercials and everyone likes coca cola products

by loppyears12 on 7/12/2012 2:04:10 PM