6 HOURS AGO It's not quite Monday, but we're still crushing on Live and Maddie's @jordanfisher: http://t.co/5WlRWEfS6e

8 HOURS AGO RT @aijamayrock: So excited to be a speaker at the @girlslifemag RockYourLife Event! Be sure to get tickets! It's going to be great!! httpshttps://t.co/EN1m1Q9JFJ

9 HOURS AGO How to become friends with your ex: http://t.co/wk4BzYf5Yb

COMMENTS

In the News: Should McDonald's be banned from the Olympics?

The 2012 Olympics are coming up fast, and the London Assembly has just made an unheard-of request: They would like the Olympic Committee to ban advertisements for...

I totally agree! But if they're just banning the commercials and that food/drinks will still be sold, is there really that much of a difference? Kids like that stuff, and even if there are no advertisements for it they're still going to want it. I think its a pretty good plan though. STOP CHILD HOOD OBESITY!!!!!!!!!!

by Vjazzy08 on 7/12/2012 9:53:16 AM

True, McDonalds and Coca Cola do have healthy items, but they're still not as good as produce you would buy in the grocery store. I think that the commercials should be banned.

by FangLuver on 7/12/2012 9:14:46 AM

Well duh! My gym teacher told my grade that she researched and she found out that the healthiest thing on the menu is the ice cream. And the breakfast isn't that good.

by TrendyGirl10 on 7/12/2012 9:12:06 AM

I think i might have my period cause I'm having signs and my doc said i would really soon but i'm only ! pounds. I'm i having it or not?

Hey girl!  You might have your period soon.  As long as you are a healthy weight for your height, you can start your period.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Megan328 on 7/12/2012 8:48:47 AM

If they don't allow it, they will obviously realize that in 2 years, they won't have enough $ and they will have to cancel events. Don't allow the olympics to cancel events.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by heather99 on 7/12/2012 8:16:19 AM

Its not McDonalds and Coca-cola's fault that they sell sugary stuff. If they r the sponsor of the games, let them sponsor. Coca-cola sells a lot more than soda. I don't drink soda or have fast food a lot but i still <3 the olyimpics. Ads don't always influence somebody to buy their product.

by kewauneegal on 7/12/2012 8:16:05 AM

The advertisments do show unhealthy options.But we control what we eat.I mean there has to be other food around. I say keep the ads!!!

by karter on 7/12/2012 7:47:45 AM

I feel like they are sending such mixed messages!I mean it is great that they want to ban the ads in order to try to prevent obesity,but if they are still selling the products at the games it won't make that much of a difference. Plus,fast food is such an epidemic that missing a couple of ads will not change that.

by blueeyes226 on 7/12/2012 2:59:38 AM

Yes! I totally agree! Childhood obesity is a very large concern tigh now. Although taking away McD and Coke adds may help a bit, it's deffinatlly not going to stop kids from being fat...

by Graciegang on 7/11/2012 11:55:20 PM

McDonalds does have healthy options and Powerade is owned by Coca Cola so they shouldn't take down the ads!!

by Milkdog64 on 7/11/2012 11:48:54 PM