1 HOURS AGO The 20 best GL beauty tips of all-time: http://t.co/ElCpBBkpyv

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 ride off with this @NintendoAmerica Wii U Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Set: http://t.co/Z4kQxsroro

3 HOURS AGO 7 movies that prove school is actually kinda fun: http://t.co/IrU3Uh8Qqi

COMMENTS

In the News: Should McDonald's be banned from the Olympics?

The 2012 Olympics are coming up fast, and the London Assembly has just made an unheard-of request: They would like the Olympic Committee to ban advertisements for...

I think that having ads for McDonalds in the Olympics is a good idea. I think that it makes it look, to a young child, that McDonalds is okay to eat there often, which its not. I havent eaten at McDonalds for years, but that is a personal choice. I dont think that MCD is an okay place to eat because I know what it can do to ur body, but if people know the side effects then they can make the choice to eat there. I dont personaly love soda like I used to, I can find things that r better for me that taste just as good, but yet again, I think taht if people know what it does to there body then they should be aloud to make there own choices on what they eat. I think that it is a good idea for the Olympics to not accept support from brand that have caused our countrys riding obesty rates

by cul_4_you on 8/12/2012 12:34:43 AM

I don't think it should be banned. They have to pay for the olympics somehow. Plus, if you already eat at McDonalds not seeing a couple ads isn't going to stop you! And if have made the choice not to eat there, the ads aren't going to convince you. Plus, everyone knows athletes don't actually eat there, because it's soo bad for you. It would be awful for their bodies.

by hol_dar on 8/6/2012 12:23:00 AM

I agree completely!!! I was just thinking about how the Olympians would never eat McDonalds, b cuz it makes you feel totally fat and nasty.( I haven't eaten at McDonalds for years) you go Olympic committee!

by KatieBell23 on 8/3/2012 11:03:07 AM

This is such a contradict of a topic, it's hard to pick a side. McDonald's ads are going to run whether or not the Olympics are happening. Yes, it's up to consumers what they're going to eat and drink, but again, reinforcing those decisions through ads while watching athletes excel at what they do best isn't such a good idea either. It's not like the athletes go to McDonald's every week or drink soda daily, so even though these companies are supporting the Olympics, they're not supporting the athletes. Coca-Cola has a large amount of sugar in it's soft drinks, and even the diet kind has some type of sugar in it, real or not. I've completely cut out soft drinks from my diet, and my body thanks me for it. I enjoy McDonald's every once in a while, and I'm still active and healthy. You can't only focus on calories, other things can have negative effects on your body if over consumed.

by alindgren on 8/2/2012 7:19:01 PM

I think its okay either way. The McDonalds commercials are going to run either way, so they'll just find a different way of advertising. It is not going to stop obesity.

by MusicIsLove123 on 7/18/2012 6:01:23 PM

The council should most definitely ban the commercials, although if they can't get enough money, maybe have the ads in moderation

by savethefrogs on 7/16/2012 8:08:46 PM

first @ Krisskat Splenda is actually sweeter than sugar so its better to have sugar in moderation of course
Also Isn't there a chemical in coke that if coke was to be drunk on a regualr basis that it can cause cancer.
In my mind sure you need to fuel your body right but after excercising on that extreme level they burned major calories.
I have seen some commercials like Michael Phelps and Subway; also Shaun Johnson and Bounty. it also depends on the stations that they broadcast the commercials.I have seen these commercials and I have might have seen 1 Mcdonald's commercial. But banning the sale or advertising is not going to help the olympics at all. All is good in Moderation

by dancer1414:) on 7/16/2012 1:03:09 PM

Ironically, it wasn't but a few days ago when I saw a commercial for McD's and the Olympics and commented to my mom how it just seemed so contradictory. While some of their "healthy" option don't have a ton of calories, they still have a ridiculous amount of sugar. Not so healthy after all!

by cahbead21 on 7/16/2012 12:11:20 PM

GO 2012 LONDON OLYMPIC GAMES COMMITEE!!! This is a step in the right direction and it will make a difference

by volleyballchica37 on 7/16/2012 12:11:16 PM

McDonalds should definitely be banned from the Olympics. I mean athletes from around the world are doing their best to be the best. We are supposed to be supporting sports and health but so many people who go to McDonalds are obese. In my opinion I think Subway should be advertised, it's a very popular restaurant, maybe not as popular as McDonalds but it is so much healthier.

by kelsea davis on 7/15/2012 7:27:46 PM

I THINK ITS UP TO THE CONSUMERS CHOICE IF THETY ARE TOO EAT HEALTHY OR NOT

by 1peanut6 on 7/14/2012 11:10:33 PM

I think McDonald's and Coca-Cola should be able to have ads. Having ads isn't forcing someone to eat or drink their products. It just kinda encourages it. But if someone likes it they'll eat it whether or not there's an ad for it. Serving the food is the problem if anything. The ads encourage eating... But serving the food almost 100% guarantees it. If they want to stop people from eating and drinking these products, they should stop selling it instead of removing the ads.

by VC2699 on 7/14/2012 9:25:29 PM

Hhmmmmmm........I think advertising the Olympics won't affect people's weight.. As long as u proportion it.
MOD. Mod mod mod mod
U know how artificial sweeteners, like splenda has zero cals, sodium, fat, and well zero nothin? Even with that, does it make u gain weight? It has artificial sweeteners, like sucralose. Would it b better 2 go with natural stuff like real cane sugar? Cause I read somewhere it messes up ur metabolism. Frown
ThanX Smile

by Krisskatt on 7/14/2012 8:09:51 PM

I think that if Mcdonalds & Coca-Cola sponser the Olympics, they should be allowed to have advertising. It's up to the consumer to make healthy choices

by natdtanner on 7/14/2012 7:02:45 PM

They should not have cut them from advertising. In my opinion, seeing these amazing athletes at their full potential, in outstanding health would personally motivate me to eat healthier, pushing me to avoid McD's and some Coca-Cola products. There is no need to punish these companies because of the public's choices about eating!

by cmfox99 on 7/13/2012 9:21:14 AM

I was so surprised when I saw that THESE were the sponsors on TV. I honestly think they should have chosen someone else. ANYTHING else!

by Glitterheart16 on 7/13/2012 12:48:24 AM

Wow, um really? Nobody cares if some Mcdonald's message or Coca Cola Message shows during the olympics. That's not going to change anything.
What's the point of not advertising them, but STILL serving their food at the event? This is totally backwards,
I'm still going to drink Coca Cola regardless... -.-
I don't think I'll be able to go back to school shopping this year. I JUST bought a dress last week that reached down to my knees, and now it looks like a small shirt on me. There's no point in buying clothes and school starts in... 3 WEEKS!What should I do?
Plus+
I'm really tight on money right now, do you have an last minute summer job ideas?

Hey girl!  You could try asking your neighbors if they need any help with chores, babysitting, etc.  Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 7/12/2012 4:22:31 PM

Really? I mean like Coca Cola said the consumers should decide. Even though they are not healthy items. They are big supporters. People choose what they eat they aren't forced to buy unhealthy stuff are they. No. They do not it is their own choice whether they eat those foods or not. It should not be other people decisions on what you eat. Like my mom said to me McDonalds was always a treat never an everyday meal. And Cola people can decide for themselves to drink or eat something or not

by HockeyLuver on 7/12/2012 3:47:03 PM

i say that they should Ban McDonal's & Coca-cola Prouducts & advertising from the Olympics!!! Its about staying in shape & being healthy!!! THE PEOPLE THAT SUPPORT THE OLYPICS,McDonal's & Coca-Cola, HAVE NOTHING TO DO W/ HEALTH & FITNESS!!! Subway should be advertising it.

by Sam Cool1038 on 7/12/2012 2:08:27 PM

i don't really care cause mcd's already has enough commercials and everyone likes coca cola products

by loppyears12 on 7/12/2012 2:04:10 PM

I'm sure there are MANY people who would LOVE to sponsor them, instead of crappy McD's and Coca Cola (no offense)!!!
Plus, they are soooo encouraging everyone to have something from them and I thought the United States was trying to make the world more NON-OBESE!!?? Am I right??! Maggie P.

by pussycat103 on 7/12/2012 1:18:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
I love dance and I've been dancing for 11 years. People always say i have a great dancers body cause I'm long and lean. But I have boobs. I'm not saying I want to get rid of them but is there a way to make your boobs smaller naturally? I saw that losing weight can make then smaller but I really don't have that much weight to lose. Thanks!

Hey girlie, short of losing weight (which you don't want to do, especially if you're already lean and are dancing a lot), theres no way to make them smaller.  While you're dancing, you can wear a tighter sports bra to keep them closer to your body, but make sure you aren't doing it in a way that makes your boobs sore.  xoxo

Kate G.

by danceforever58 on 7/12/2012 12:33:41 PM

Its a good thing mcdonalds isnt in the olympics..i have never liked mcdonalds and i never will! i dont want to be fat when i am older so i chose not to eat it..unless my parents force it on me! anything HEALTHY should be sponsering..not unhealthy fast foods.

by ETheid on 7/12/2012 12:32:17 PM

WHY NOT LET A POPULAR SPORTS DRINK LIKE GATORADE/POWERADE SPONSER THE OLYMPICS??? It has some sugar in it, yes, but it's SO much healthier than most carbonated drinks! Just a suggestion! 😉 I have no clue why I typed in all caps but okay Smile

by jannabanana15 on 7/12/2012 11:19:49 AM

i'm going to go on vacation to visit family soon, but i want to stay fit. do you have any healthy eating suggestions(since we'll be eating out alot) and qiuck and easy exercises for on the go? thanks a ton Smile

Hey girl!  Good for you for wanting to stay in shape while on vacation!  If you're eating out a lot, try getting a salad to start or getting something grilled instead of fried.  Always always eat your veggies first, you'll get more full on those and won't chow down on the less healthy stuff!  As for exercises, why not take this opportunity to focus on toning instead of cardio? You can do push ups and sit ups when you wake up and finish off the day with squats.  While I'm on the go, I do wall sits while I brush my teeth, super easy and super effective! xoxo

Kate G.

by 86cutie on 7/12/2012 10:45:37 AM

I don't think there is a lot of childhood obesity, but I agree that Mcdonald's and Coca-Cola aren't the best products to eat/drink. If the olympics are supported by those two companies mainly, doesn't that make the athletes in the olympics seem kind of like on an unhealthy diet? If people think that and see the athletes perform thinking they eat/drink that company's products, than they will expecting to be fine if they eat it, right? I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion.

by glitterstars456 on 7/12/2012 10:40:29 AM

I dont think they should be banned. Not only are Coca-Cola and Mc Donalds faithful sponsers, its an ad... FOR THE OLYMPICS. It not like the ads are saying 'Oh go eat/drink our product and then sit on the cough and do nothing.' That is NOT what the Olympics are about! It basically just saying that sure you can eat/drink this, but go get ACTIVE. Sheesh. Food and drinks are NOT what solely causes obesity, its eating/drinking stuff and then doing nothing! Just excercise!

by sinkinginblack on 7/12/2012 10:38:21 AM

Advertisements don't make us buy their product: it's still our decision. Is there a lot of child obesity? yes, but that doesn't mean that it's the companies' fault, it's the parents' fault! McDonald's and Coca Cola may not have the healthiest food on the planet but it certainly isn't the worst thing ever. They act like these big companies are the issue when it's really the consumers' faults for eating large amounts of unhealthy food. No matter what it's our decision what we eat.

by dancer4life<3! on 7/12/2012 10:27:04 AM

I don't think they should banned it because these companies have been faithful to them and for them to just banned them wouldn't be fair.

by TinkerBell013 on 7/12/2012 10:17:15 AM

i think it should be banned from being an ad in the Olympics. the Olympics are about being fit and healthy and active. i'm not saying they should be banned on t.v just for the Olympics. yes, cutting it from t.v for a while wont make people stop being fat. but it makes sense not to have it for the Olympics.

by <3watermelon<3 on 7/12/2012 9:55:50 AM

I totally agree! But if they're just banning the commercials and that food/drinks will still be sold, is there really that much of a difference? Kids like that stuff, and even if there are no advertisements for it they're still going to want it. I think its a pretty good plan though. STOP CHILD HOOD OBESITY!!!!!!!!!!

by Vjazzy08 on 7/12/2012 9:53:16 AM

True, McDonalds and Coca Cola do have healthy items, but they're still not as good as produce you would buy in the grocery store. I think that the commercials should be banned.

by FangLuver on 7/12/2012 9:14:46 AM

Well duh! My gym teacher told my grade that she researched and she found out that the healthiest thing on the menu is the ice cream. And the breakfast isn't that good.

by TrendyGirl10 on 7/12/2012 9:12:06 AM

I think i might have my period cause I'm having signs and my doc said i would really soon but i'm only ! pounds. I'm i having it or not?

Hey girl!  You might have your period soon.  As long as you are a healthy weight for your height, you can start your period.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Megan328 on 7/12/2012 8:48:47 AM

If they don't allow it, they will obviously realize that in 2 years, they won't have enough $ and they will have to cancel events. Don't allow the olympics to cancel events.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by heather99 on 7/12/2012 8:16:19 AM

Its not McDonalds and Coca-cola's fault that they sell sugary stuff. If they r the sponsor of the games, let them sponsor. Coca-cola sells a lot more than soda. I don't drink soda or have fast food a lot but i still <3 the olyimpics. Ads don't always influence somebody to buy their product.

by kewauneegal on 7/12/2012 8:16:05 AM

The advertisments do show unhealthy options.But we control what we eat.I mean there has to be other food around. I say keep the ads!!!

by karter on 7/12/2012 7:47:45 AM

I feel like they are sending such mixed messages!I mean it is great that they want to ban the ads in order to try to prevent obesity,but if they are still selling the products at the games it won't make that much of a difference. Plus,fast food is such an epidemic that missing a couple of ads will not change that.

by blueeyes226 on 7/12/2012 2:59:38 AM

Yes! I totally agree! Childhood obesity is a very large concern tigh now. Although taking away McD and Coke adds may help a bit, it's deffinatlly not going to stop kids from being fat...

by Graciegang on 7/11/2012 11:55:20 PM

McDonalds does have healthy options and Powerade is owned by Coca Cola so they shouldn't take down the ads!!

by Milkdog64 on 7/11/2012 11:48:54 PM

i think instead of fat foods and soda they should sponser like gatorade or natural spring water and stuff

by lilliebeans on 7/11/2012 8:43:59 PM

This is ridiculous advertisements don't control us!! They pay for lots of our entertainment including THE OLYMPICS. You cant just take the 2 biggest sponsors out of the Olympics, risking not having enough funds to HAVE the Olympics, because they aren't the most healthy things to buy!!

by emroxlol on 7/11/2012 8:27:49 PM

Please Join MY club Love Life and One Direction!

by gleerules101 on 7/11/2012 8:22:24 PM

Hey Jgirlfashion, click these links for arm workout tips. Hope these help! Xoxo

Mod mod mod
Do u have any arm strength workouts
Thanks
P.s. for gymnastics Lynae P.

by Jgirlfashion on 7/11/2012 8:04:58 PM

when they cut ads like coca cola, thats when we start having problems!if they cut coca cola from the ads, then I'm not watching the olympics. coca colas been around forever, plus advertising food aint doin nothin! its peoples choice to eat what they want, plus they r still selling the stuff there, bunch of bs, is what i say, sorry but its true.

by angie333 on 7/11/2012 7:50:27 PM

I think that it's totally their choice because if kids make bad choices then it's their problem but yeah actually maybe they should look for new people to sponser them...hmmmmm this is something to think about!

by hermionegirl12 on 7/11/2012 7:49:00 PM

McDonald's should be banned from the Olympics!!! It is about being healthy, staying fit, being active - Coke and McDonald's won't help that. They should not be selling Mcdonald's and Coke products at the Olympics. If they have to sell junk like popcorn - at least make it homemade popcorn. Instead of selling ice cream sell frozen yogurt. Instead of candy sell fruit with sugar. Sure, it isn't like Coke as a thousand calories but frozen water is much better for you. I say Mcdonald's and Coke should be banned from adds using the Olympics because that would give the Olympics a bad look, but I do think it's okay if Coke Zero uses it, considering the fact that it has zero calories.

by Sarah510 on 7/11/2012 7:47:43 PM

so... they don't want the ads yet they're selling the stuff that.... oh well.

by stopthechainmail on 7/11/2012 7:45:52 PM

Meh. Who cares. Stopping McDonald's and coca-cola advertisements isn't gonna make people stop being fat.

by Chloe<3 on 7/11/2012 7:45:15 PM

I think the Olympic Committee should follow through with this request and not have ads for McDonalds or Coca-Cola during the games, and, while they're at it, they should also not sell said products at the games, because if they are going to do it, they have to do it all the way, not just half-done. About the problem with McDonalds and Coca-Cola being big sponsors of the games, they should try to find other sponsors who promote a better message; it should not be that hard to find someone who wants to support something that brings together and unifies the world.....

by otter77 on 7/11/2012 7:43:56 PM