6 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

9 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

10 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

for me, it's still difficult to tell whether or not it's coming since pain and acne pretty much occurs on a daily basis. i never know when it's coming and it makes me mad because it always occurs when i least expect it to.

by monicagrace on 12/6/2012 9:33:26 PM

MOD!
Hi i'm 12 1/2 and i'm supposed to get my first period between now and about 6 months. I was wondering if gaining wieght in your stomache area is normal? For a while now im been getting more belly fat. Its been making me really self concouis about myself. I only wear baggy shirts because of this, and now my closet is shrinking. I know it might just be more noticeable to me but ive been really starting to worry about it. I am very athletic. I play on 3 sports teams all year round except for winter (when i play 2) and i work out at a gym 2 times a week, i eat pretty healthy, and last time i saw my doctor she said i was at a healthy wieght. Knowing all that i kinda just wanted to hear from someone that its normal. And if it is when it will go away? Thanks! Sorry its long!

Hey girl, sometimes we can be our worst critics when it comes to our bods. Your bod is changing a lot so don't sweat any baby fat during the transition. Instead, keep doing what you're doing: exercising and eating healthy. You'll look your best inside and out with it. Your bod won't always look like it did before (which was that of a little girl's) but you've got some good habits worth keeping to keep it in its best shape.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by GlitterGirl14 on 11/26/2012 7:33:00 PM

mod mod mod mod mod!!!!!!!!
so i first started my period in july, and i got another in august, but i've missed 3 moths. i've been told that it's normal to be irregular and miss a few when you 1st start it, but missing 3? that seems like a lot! i'm wondering if this is linked to anything (besides prenancey, because i KNOW i'm not). also, why does the irregularity happen?

Hey soccacheer, periods can be crazy. Irregular periods happen because your body is already changing as a teenager. It usually becomes regular three years after the first cycle. Some women have irregular periods because their bodies produce a lot of androgen, which is a hormone. This hormone causes hair growth on the chin and chest, increased muscle mass and sometimes weight gain. No worries girl, you're good to go. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by soccacheer on 11/15/2012 9:33:58 PM

modmodmod
i'm 12 and i don't have my period.lately i've been geting very painful lower belly aches and mood swings that are pretty extreme for me.my mom,who is a nurse who got it at 11,says my period is comming.i'm freaking out!just the thought of blood pouring out of my vagina and cramps all day long is a nightmare to me!HELP!!!

Hey girl-

We've all been there. Don't stress! Be excited that you're growing up and look forward to all the awesome things that await you in your future! We all feel cruddy sometimes thanks good old mother nature, but you just gotta remember that you aren't alone. We all know what it's like babe! xoxo

Alexis G.

by ashbabe567765 on 11/12/2012 3:34:13 PM

Hi I am 11 my birthday was in late August I got my period in early September is that weird at all? I am in fifth grade but I got held back so I should be in sixth grade. I told 5 people about it and none of them got theirs and anyone else that I know of. I know everyone gets it at different times but I feel alone like if I have any questions I can only ask my mom but that feels strange to me. My mom got hers at 9 so I guess it is about the time I am supposed to get it. Any advice. Also I was in the bathroom(I carry a bag with stuff that I need in it.) and when I came out the mean/popular kids were in there and were like did you change I said no then they looked at me weird. By the way my homeroom teacher, gym teacher, and nurse knows. What to do???

by beca11 on 11/10/2012 5:00:32 PM

a day i think

by dana0323 on 11/6/2012 10:04:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
maybe a week ago or so i had some blood but nothing more ive had my period since may and nothings like this has happend before was that my period because i havent had any other blood.

Hey dana0323, for how long were you bleeding? Xoxo

Lynae P.

by dana0323 on 11/4/2012 10:01:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Here lately, when I start my period, the bladder area cramps up SO bad. Last month, I had to go to the nurse's office because the cramps were that painful. What can I do to fix the problem. Please help!!!!!

Hey wesdelwarrior, one word: medicine. Ask your parents to get you some pain killers or call your doctor for recommendations. Also staying away from greasy foods on your period will help. Instead munch on fruits and veggies and drink water. Even laying on your side with your knees tucked in your chest will help. Finally try placing a hot compress like rag or heating pad on your stomach to reduce the cramps. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by wesdelwarrior on 11/1/2012 9:40:40 PM

MODMODMOD i'm 13 and i still don't have my period.. is that normal? i feel like i have all the signs to have my period.

Hey girl, totally! It's hard to say when your period will come (no one can predict the exact time for everyone) but people get it at different ages. Just take care of yourself and it should come soon enough (and in the meantime, enjoy not having it. Periods are not the most fun!)

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by chic_gracie on 10/29/2012 6:51:27 PM

ModModMod!!!
Thanks for answering my last question! I have one more. Im a competitive dancer so what do you think would work better for competitions? Pads or tampons?

Hey girlie, I would definitely go with tampons! They're going to allow to have a lot more movement and you won't feel like you're wearing a diaper.

Lauren T.