7 HOURS AGO Now even shy girls can get their flirt on: http://t.co/c0HifzMGQb

11 HOURS AGO Who knew babies and sloths (yes, sloths!) could be such good friends? http://t.co/t3cHUse1PC

12 HOURS AGO ICYMI @Zendaya's starring in a brand new movie: http://t.co/1VDEbqpbHp #zswaggers

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

Okay, I have had trouble with my period for about two months now...There was a time when I was on it for over 3 weeks and it was extremely heavy..that was about two weeks ago.I became anemic and I am taking vitamins and doing everything in my power to get it under control and I have already seen a doctor about my periods and she put me on birth control...which seemed to be working but once again I am on my period! But this time it is really light and it seems like instead of just blood, I might have skin coming with...I am really concerned and I don't know what it could be! I know this can not be normal so I am just wondering what could possibly be wrong with me..?

Hey girl,

It sounds like it might be blood clots, but I would talk to your doctor about your medication's effects on you to see what the doc thinks.

Meghan D.

by nicole.michelle on 12/24/2012 4:53:56 PM

by Nicole.Michelle on 12/24/2012 2:47:28 PM

Mod mod mod
This is no joke. I am on day 34 of my period and it doesn't look like it wants to stop anytime soon. Is this normal? Should I be worried?

Hey babe,

If you just started getting your period, sometimes things like that happen, but just to make sure ask your mom to make a doctors appointment. They'll be able to give you the best info. about your body and help get your period regular. xoxo

alexis g.

by cutedoggy411 on 12/20/2012 11:48:24 AM

I'm usually hyper on my period, so I don't have to worry about hormones making me cranky :p

by MsKCupcake on 12/17/2012 1:33:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
i had a checkup today and my doctor said i would get my period when I'm like 15-16!
but I've been getting discharge since feb.! whats going to happen?

You're just going through puberty!
mailyse f.

by evenkath on 12/14/2012 3:49:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I'm 11 and had my period like 3 months ago but every time i have it it is not the same amount of blood in fact its less.I think its probably because of the running we do in PE but this has been going on for months what do i do?!

Hey faith3799, no worries. Your period is always irregular the first year you get it, for some girls the first three years. As long as everything else is okay, you're good to go. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by faith3799 on 12/7/2012 6:30:51 PM

for me, it's still difficult to tell whether or not it's coming since pain and acne pretty much occurs on a daily basis. i never know when it's coming and it makes me mad because it always occurs when i least expect it to.

by monicagrace on 12/6/2012 9:33:26 PM

MOD!
Hi i'm 12 1/2 and i'm supposed to get my first period between now and about 6 months. I was wondering if gaining wieght in your stomache area is normal? For a while now im been getting more belly fat. Its been making me really self concouis about myself. I only wear baggy shirts because of this, and now my closet is shrinking. I know it might just be more noticeable to me but ive been really starting to worry about it. I am very athletic. I play on 3 sports teams all year round except for winter (when i play 2) and i work out at a gym 2 times a week, i eat pretty healthy, and last time i saw my doctor she said i was at a healthy wieght. Knowing all that i kinda just wanted to hear from someone that its normal. And if it is when it will go away? Thanks! Sorry its long!

Hey girl, sometimes we can be our worst critics when it comes to our bods. Your bod is changing a lot so don't sweat any baby fat during the transition. Instead, keep doing what you're doing: exercising and eating healthy. You'll look your best inside and out with it. Your bod won't always look like it did before (which was that of a little girl's) but you've got some good habits worth keeping to keep it in its best shape.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by GlitterGirl14 on 11/26/2012 7:33:00 PM

mod mod mod mod mod!!!!!!!!
so i first started my period in july, and i got another in august, but i've missed 3 moths. i've been told that it's normal to be irregular and miss a few when you 1st start it, but missing 3? that seems like a lot! i'm wondering if this is linked to anything (besides prenancey, because i KNOW i'm not). also, why does the irregularity happen?

Hey soccacheer, periods can be crazy. Irregular periods happen because your body is already changing as a teenager. It usually becomes regular three years after the first cycle. Some women have irregular periods because their bodies produce a lot of androgen, which is a hormone. This hormone causes hair growth on the chin and chest, increased muscle mass and sometimes weight gain. No worries girl, you're good to go. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by soccacheer on 11/15/2012 9:33:58 PM

modmodmod
i'm 12 and i don't have my period.lately i've been geting very painful lower belly aches and mood swings that are pretty extreme for me.my mom,who is a nurse who got it at 11,says my period is comming.i'm freaking out!just the thought of blood pouring out of my vagina and cramps all day long is a nightmare to me!HELP!!!

Hey girl-

We've all been there. Don't stress! Be excited that you're growing up and look forward to all the awesome things that await you in your future! We all feel cruddy sometimes thanks good old mother nature, but you just gotta remember that you aren't alone. We all know what it's like babe! xoxo

Alexis G.