7 HOURS AGO You'll never believe what this super thoughtful birthday babe did: http://t.co/rMv9b0LCrn

10 HOURS AGO 4 fad diets that just aren't worth the struggle: http://t.co/drOTmIYRz6

11 HOURS AGO What your hair #relaxer is realllllly doing to your body: http://t.co/hAhkOALMrE

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

Mod!Mod!Mod!
Thanks for answering my last comment.
I have another.I have not had my mini period for a month.Do you know why?How do I ask my mom to by me pads???
Thanks

Hey girl,

It's normal for your period to be irregular at first, so there's probably nothing to worry about, though you can talk to your mom or a doc to be sure. As for the pads, it won't be too awkward--your mom is a girl too and will understand that you need them!

Meghan D.

by olivia19 on 10/20/2012 9:06:31 PM

Mod!Mod!Mod!
Please help!!!!
thanks

Hey girl, this isnt exactly your period, it's more like a mini period that's gearing up to be the real thing. This is totally normal. You'll probably get a full blown period at any time now so be prepared. Stick a couple of pads in your backpack, purse and locker. And congrats, girly.

Lauren I.

by olivia19 on 10/19/2012 4:09:36 PM

Every month for three months I've been getting cramps and spotting. I've asked other mods, and they all think my period will be coming very soon. Anyway, so I already had my mini-period this month, but it only lasted 2 days, unlike the two months before when the spotting lasted 4-5 days. The spotting this month happened on the fourth and fifth. It was kind of weird to me that it only lasted two days, but I was just like whatever. Then today I went to the bathroom at school and I had a lot of spotting on my underwear. They were all really little, but there were a lot. Then, I went to the bathroom after school (4 hours later) and there was more! This is probably the most spotting I've gotten so far. Is my period on it's way? Please help. I'm sick and tired of waiting for my period. My period is so dramatic.

Hey girl, your period does seem pretty dramatic haha and it's having a little bit of trouble deciding when's the right time to make a visit. But this is totally, completely normal. When you first start getting your period, it could be heavy or really light, come at random days, come and go and be a brownish or red in color. This is all normal. Eventually your period will make up its mind and become a heavier, more regular period. In the meantime, you might want to wear panty liners to save your underwear from some of that drama. Panty liners are just like really thin pads. You should also keep regular pads on you just in case. Stash a couple in your purse, backpack and locker. It's always good to be prepared! There's nothing we can do to hurry your period along, but while your waiting just remember that your totally normal and theres nothing wrong going on down there. If your still nervous, don't be afraid to ask mom, she's been through it before. A doctor can also help and they are there to listen.  Good luck!

Lauren I.

by purple10115 on 10/19/2012 6:56:37 AM

Hi once a month i have a pea size amount of blood when i wipe.I have it once a day for one or two days is this my period?I always have very bad cramps and headaches around that time.I have had this since may.I have had discharge for almost two years and it is very heavy.
thanks

Hannah H.

by olivia19 on 10/16/2012 4:47:05 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD! Hi, I am twelve and I have so much discharge and have had hair down there for abt a year and I still haven't gotten my period and all my friends have. Do you know when I will get it?

Hey girlie, you can never really determine when exactly you'll get your period. But if you talk to your mom about how old she was when she got hers, it could give you a good idea of when you might get yours.

Lauren T.

by JadeLover231 on 10/14/2012 6:02:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Well Im 11, And i have all these signs,Plus lots of discharge and LOTS Of pimples.. My Bff got her period today, but she dosnt have acne at all... Hows that possible? It dosnt seem she had the signs.. Please answer back. Thx! Xoxo Smile

Hey girl,

Not everyone has acne, so your friend should thank genetics and healthy habits for her great skin! While these signs can be indicative your period's coming, all girls will get one eventually, and not everyone will have the same signs. Your period will come when your body is ready Smile

Meghan D.

by doglover463 on 10/12/2012 10:19:03 PM

i started my period 4 months ago, and this is the 2nd time in a row i missed it. i know it's normal to miss a few when you 1st start out, but when will i get it again?

Hey soccacheer, mhmm maybe in a few days or weeks. i know periods can be really annoying at times. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by soccacheer on 10/11/2012 9:19:49 PM

by JadeLover231 on 10/9/2012 5:19:41 PM

all these signs ek

by mibby1 on 10/7/2012 5:26:34 AM

i havent got my period yet and i hav had discharge a long time but for 2 weeks now my discharge has been like whiter than ever it look like some one came at put paint all of my pants whats up with me

Hey mibby1, you're fine girl. That discharge could be a sign the period is on its way. Look out for other changes in your bod. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.