4 MINUTES AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

AN HOUR AGO Is Lauren from @FifthHarmony chick secretly dating a member of @TheVampsband? http://t.co/YDLnDrNTIm #harmonizers

2 HOURS AGO Serious question, girl... WHY ARE YOU STILL SINGLE? http://t.co/dJowf9GVWE

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm about to turn 14, and starting August 2nd I got spotting and cramps for 5 days. So then, on August 31st I got brown discharge, which has never happened to me before... Then on September 1, I got a spot of what looked like brown discharge mixed with a little bit of blood. It was just a little spot. Nothing has happened today... Yet. Well, I'm wondering, how much blood is considered your period? And was this my period? I'm a 34-36 A. I weigh about 100 lbs. I have armpit and pubic hair. I feel like maybe it was my period, but I just don't know. I am so confused. I am breaking out again (like I did earlier this month), my breasts are so sore, and I'm don't know what to do.... PLEASE HELP ME ASAP, and let me know what you think. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! MODS R LIFESAVERS!

Hey purple10115, mhmm I'm not really sure. It is weird that you are only getting one day of these symptoms. I would contact your doctor to schedule an appointment to get checked out. It's probably nothing serious but just to be on the safe side. Hope ya feel better! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by purple10115 on 9/2/2012 4:19:21 AM

I should be getting my period soon, I have all the signs of it coming, and my sister got hers when she was about my age, so I want to ask my mom for pads to keep at school just in case I get it at school. The problem is, I always get SO embarassed asking and end up asking about our schedule for today. Here are some questions:

How do I get that last minute courage?

Should I ask for liners, too to wear everyday?

Help!

by elizabeth01 on 9/1/2012 8:41:26 PM

Mod mod mod
So I talked to my doctor last week and she said I could get my period any time now, and now all of these things are happening to me X1000, it's like, i just don't know what do do with myself! When I'm on the computer I start crying because i feel lonely, when i go out with my chickens they start squawking (which makes my head hurt more) When i read a book I get sort of bored and I'm too nauseous , when i play with my cats or dogs i get hives (I'm allergic to both of them and I have bad Asthma) And lastly, I feel to headachey/lazy to play on my wii! What do you normally do when this happens?

Hey girl,

It sounds like you are nervous or stressed, either about your period or school or personal life. Either way, that's 100% normal and part of growing up! If you feel lonely, try calling a friend or talking to one of your family members. And if you're bored with your Wii, try playing outside! And as for the headaches and asthma, you should talk to your parents about seeing a doctor for professional medical advice. Everything will be ok, so relax and enjoy your life!!

Meghan D.

by taytaychicken331 on 8/31/2012 1:18:37 PM

help
I am 11 and i am getting very small cramps and getting very figtty down below and my head hurts before i go to bed. Are these signs that i might get my period

Hey girl, it could be! Don't be afraid to talk to your mom or a doc. xoxo

lauren I.

by mibby1 on 8/31/2012 7:42:22 AM

MODmODMODMODI have been gatting cramps, headaches as well as being mad at the world to just crying t random. I have had discharge for about two years now and I do have boobs and hair but I haven't gotten my period. Please tell me it coming!

Hey girlie,

I wish we could guarantee it's on its way, but we can't! You're showing lots of signs that puberty is progressing normally - which is awesome, because it means you're healthy and right on track. Even doctors can't predict exactly when you'll get your period though, so you just gotta be patient <3 I know it's tough, but read up on all our period advice to get super prepared. It'll come when your bod is ready! <3

Lauren C.

by thtblondgirl on 8/30/2012 8:42:42 PM

I have been getting cramps for the past few days an today I was mad at the world an then I started crying randomly. I have had discharge for about two year now and I haven't had one day when I hadn't gotten it. I also felt really tired and had big headaches (annoyed by everything). I really wan my period to come. Are these signs?

by thtblondgirl on 8/30/2012 8:05:54 PM

MOD
NOTICED MOST PEOPLE DON'T SAY THANKS AND I WANT TO REALLY THANK YOU I WAS TOTALLY WONDERING IF I SHOULD ASK MY STEPMOM BUT I'M NOT COMFY WITH HER YET SO I FOUND THIS SITE SO THANKS

Hey girl,

You're so sweet! We're always here for you and I'm so glad I could help ya Smile xoxo
Lauren C.

by talitha on 8/30/2012 5:37:07 PM

MODMODMOD
I'VE BEEN GETTING THIS WHITE DISCHARGE ON MY PANTIES FOR SOME DAYS NOW IS IT POSSIBLE FOR IT TO BE MY PERIOD COMING SOON WITH MY BOOBS SO TINY AT THE MOMENT

Hey girlie,

It's totally possible for your period to come right now, but we can't guarantee that it will. Every girl gets her period at a different time during puberty - some will have discharge for only a month, others for 2+ years before their first period comes. Same with your boobs - some girls are more fully developed when their period comes, while others still have lots of growing/changing left to do. I wish we could predict when you'll get your period, but even a doctor can't predict it! In the meantime, read up on periods so you're totally prepared when yours comes. And try to be patient! Discharge and breast growth are great signs that you're healthy and going through puberty normally - everything will happen when your bod is ready <3333

Lauren C.

by talitha on 8/30/2012 5:28:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
MOD!!
My 'down there' is starting to hurt a lot!!! What can i do?

Hey girly, there's a zillion reason why you might be hurting down there. Try talking to your mom or a doctor. xoxo

Lauren I.

by Justine.Ross16 on 8/29/2012 1:15:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
So now that i know i did break it should i tell my mom? What should i tell her? Thanks

Hey girlie! You can mention it to your mom, but it isn't too big of a deal.  There's no reason why you'll need to tell her (nothing health wise changes after you break your hymen), but if you want to tell her because if feels like a big deal to you, tell her what happened yesterday and ask her if that's what she thinks happened. xoxo

Kate G.