AN HOUR AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

2 HOURS AGO Our makeup musts we always have going BTS: http://t.co/WE5hijGzT8

3 HOURS AGO Learn these beginner poses and become the next pro at yoga! http://t.co/FRwmboprw5

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

So I haven't gotten my period yet, I'm 13 and I have a few questions to make sure I'm growing normal...
I've been getting discharge daily, (few months now) but randomly ill get green dots in it
Is my down south area suppose to smell creamy every now and then?
My boobies have felt tender for a while now
My guts have been hurting
I get frustrated easily/ I always want to be right
(Here's a random one: at what age do you get turned on at?)
I've talked to 3 of my bffs and asked them for advice about how to tell my mom and they tolde to tell her straight up...
My mom hasn't given me the talk yet(but I've looked up and googled some stuff)
My mom have me some pads last summer in case I got my period during camp... (Didnt and have t used them) should I use them now during discharge? They are kinda big and don't fit in my undies... Just the travel sized ones).
So if anyone knows or feels the same way leave me a message please! Smile I'm really worried about the smell though... Thanks

by Pineapplesweets on 6/25/2013 8:07:44 PM

MOD MOD!!
I have some serious period irregularity issues and shouldn't be by now because I am 19 and have had my period since I was 12. I just don't understand, like the timing of my periods come in bouts like sometimes ill get it every 20 days and a few times this year I've gotten it every 45 days(which is not considered normal), but mainly I get it super early like any where from every 20 days or 24 days. However, in the beginning of the year i I would just like to know if there is a reason for these super early periods, thank you.
Sincerely,
miserably irregular

Hey girl,

You should def talk to your doctor if you're worried. There's no specific answer because everyone's body is different.

xo

Caroline C.

by xoxomaddie2 on 6/25/2013 12:04:22 PM

What does it mean if you have clumpy dark brown discharge? I looked up online and it says it could be signs that I'm getting my period. Is this true??

by snowbellcat on 6/13/2013 6:51:18 PM

hi I have a questions , I started my period when I was in 8th grade now I'm in 11th grade,I had my period around the 15, but for these past few months I've had it around the 11 or 12, well this month I started bleeding on the 8th like I was starting well the next day It was very light, I still haven't bleed like a normal period... and I'm scared, what does it mean when it does that?

Hey girl! Don't worry. Being irregular as a teenager is completely normal. If you are really concerned (which you don't have any reason to be) make sure you talk to your parent/guardian. Maybe you should go in for a doctor's visit so he can reassure you that you're totally okay! xx
Jess D.

by lyv15 on 6/13/2013 10:28:24 AM

Hey!
Im 12, my birthday was on march 18, and I haven't got my period yet. I have hair down south and under my arms. I have been growing my breasts for more than 1 and 1/2 years now. I need to know the signs to my period, and I really don't understand what discharge is. I had icky things in my undie once, well that was the only time I saw it. and as I said my breasts have been growing, and I know I have to wear a bra now, but they are uncomfortable, I tried the biggest sign, but its still uncomfortable! should I start wearing the bras that have round not flat from up there? please help!
Thnxx,
Gracie (Diana113)

Hey girlie. Just because you've turned 12 doesn't mean that you'll get your period right away. Everyone starts their period at different times. Some are 11 when they start, while others don't get their period until their 14. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you. It's all normal. Your breasts growing is a part of this normal process. To learn more about the stages of puberty, click here. As for bras, they're like shoes. You just have to go shopping to find the right one! But don't worry, we've got you covered on finding the perfect bra too. Just click here. Also, remember to have a little patience. Things will happen in due time! xx
Jess D.

by Diana113 on 6/13/2013 8:21:40 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD Am unsure about when my period may start as i havent had any of that discharge and the hair under my arms hadnt grown but everything else is happening like i am always really crampy and sooo hormonal somtimes i just break down in tears for nothing and i am worried and my friend has had her period so i sorta want mine to come and i am twelve and a half now so it is really due. I an like super skinny so i havent really being geting breasts as obviously as everyone else put now i am. Umm i also have hairs down south and sweat and smell qite alot so what is the verdict ? Please help me !

Hey girlie, unfortunately there is no exact formula, even for doctors. So I can't tell you when you'll get it. But usually girls start to get discharge before they get their period. So when you start to get that then it's a good sign that your period will follow.

Lauren T.

by Sophie_2501 on 6/9/2013 6:09:03 PM

Am unsure about when my period may start as i havent had any of that discharge and the hair under my arms hadnt grown but everything else is happening like i am always really crampy and sooo hormonal somtimes i just break down in tears for nothing and i am worried and my friend has had her period so i sorta want mine to come and i am twelve and a half now so it is really due. I an like super skinny so i havent really being geting breasts as obviously as everyone else put now i am and i just need to know if i sorta have all the synptoms and i need some advice on how to cope and find it easier writing things down and reading than talking to my mum or anything like that so ya. Umm i also have hairs down south and sweat and smell qite alot so what is the verdict ? Please help me !

Sophie xx

by Sophie_2501 on 6/9/2013 5:36:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD.
Dear MOD,
I have had my period for a year-ish now. i think pads are gross and bulky but my mom wont let me use tampons. every time i bring it up she say, "believe me they are very uncomfortable". but everything i've read says that you can barely feel them if at all. I do alot of sports and i love to swim. Now for my question. How do i get my mom to let me try tampons? And are they really uncomfortable?
Thanks alot!

Hey! In my experience they are not uncomfortable at all. i much prefer them to pads, and once you get the hang of them you can't feel them. Your mom may have had a bad experience learning to use them and just decided to stick with pads. That's an ok choice for her to make, but she can't make it for you.  Try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you are really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by watsmyuser on 6/8/2013 1:11:51 PM

When it comes, you'll know, I promise. There will be no mistake. If you're worried about stains, wear panty liners. xx Hannah M

by lilibet112 on 6/3/2013 4:23:30 PM

im 10 and im confused do u have to have big boobs to have it and do u have to have discharge ??:/

Hey girl! Nope, not necessary at all. Your period can come without any of these warning signs beforehand, or conversely, you could have all the signs and still a while to go before you actually start menstruating. Hope this clears things up! xx

Hannah M