6 HOURS AGO #BookClub: A lucky batch of book-lovin babes will score a copy of #Cinder to kick off our new book club. Enter here: http://t.co/UymDNwBfVb

7 HOURS AGO 7 more reasons we love hair chalk—get a week's worth of stellar styles: http://t.co/p7KSrefjYG

7 HOURS AGO The challenge is on, stylish sweeties! Enter the @mkc_couture #StyleSelfie contest: http://t.co/Ufc33qWyNE pic.twitter.com/FgoCyUPQST

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey chica! Try taking a warm bath (it'll help with the cramps) and call your dad to see if he's okay with your taking ibuprofen for your aches and pains.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 3:56:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
i gave up and just put some paper towels in my underwear like u said to do.... But now my stomach hurts really bad. So does my head and my back, is this normal? And how do u relieve cramps and headaches and backaches? Thanks

Hey girl, sorry the tampon didn't work out for you! Definitely try again later today or tomorrow after you gave yourself a break! All those aches can be due to your period. You can try eating a banana and using a heating pad to ease those muscles,

here are some more tips:  http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/11/15/Knock-out-those-period-blues-before-they-get-to-you.aspx

xoxox

Lauren I.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 3:49:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
MOD
I can get the applicator in but when i actually try to push the actual tampon
In it kind of hurts. Oh and my dad and i just moved in here to be closer to a highschool (my old house didnt have a highschool close to it) so i dont know anyone so i cant borrow a pad. Do u know why it might be hurting?

Hey girly! Sorry to hear about all the tampon trouble! Tampons can be tricky and take some getting used to. If it hurts, you might not have the right angle. Try reading this article: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/04/19/Tampon-trouble-It-still-hurts.aspx

If you’re at your wits end with tampons, stuff some paper towels in your undies and wait for dad to get home with some pads. They are much easier! Try a nice hot shower to pass the time. The hot water will help with cramps and distressing and you won’t have to worry about blood in the shower!

Lauren I.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 3:10:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD (kate g)
I searched up dirrections on google, and i tried like 3 times, but i cant get the tampon in all the way. It hurts when it get it halfway there. Do u have any tips? Thanks

Hey girlie! You have to relax and push through the discomfort.  Putting a tampon in the first time is pretty uncomfortable, so you might just have to push through it.  I know relaxing is silly advice for the awkwardness of putting in a tampon, I know, but when you are tense, it makes it hard to go in.  Make sure you have the skinniest tampon you can find.  Do you have neighbors your age you know really well or a friend who lives within walking distance?  If so, see if they can lend you a pad or pantyliner.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 1:36:46 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I think i just had my first period.....
I woke up this morning and there was blood all over my underwear. (does that sound like my period?) I was going to put a pad on but all we have in the house is tampons ( they were my sisters before she moved out) and i was never taught to use them or taught about my period because my mom died after i was born. How do u get a tampon in? And my dads at work and ive already tried getting the stain out, but its not coming out, what halpens if my dad figures out, what do i tell him? Thanks Smile

Hey girl! I'm sorry you have to go through your first period without your mom around, that must be really hard for you.  Your dad knew this was going to come eventually, and depending on how old your sister was when your mom died, he might have already gone through it.  Call your dad and tell him you're going to need him to pick up pads and panty liners on the way home from work.  Ask nicely, he might be embarrassed, but I'm sure he'll do it anyway.  Then, look in the tampon box, there are usually instructions. If not, there are instructions online (be careful when you search, look for instructions on the website of the tampon company).  Call your sister, she might be able to help you out to and give you some moral advice.  If you're worried, talk to an aunt, grandmother, or a friend's mom who you are close with. xoxo

Kate G.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 12:15:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My period has been going on for 11 days now and my period doesnt look like its gonna stop anytime soon (counting today) and i want to go see a doctor but i dont know how to tell my dad (my parents are divorced, live in different states and im at my dads house for the rest of the week) i was thinking of calling my mom (i dont have a cell) from the house phone but it costs money to call someone from a different state. Is a 11- day period normal? And how do i tell my dad? Thanks Smile

Hey chica! Periods can be that long, but it's pretty unusual.  Tell your dad that you need to talk to your mom about something and call her.  Tell him "it's a girl thing" and he'll understand.  Explain the situation to your mom, and she'll know whether you should call a doc or not.  If so, explain you need to go to the doctor to your dad, and I'm sure he'll get you where you need to go. xoxo

Kate G.

by Sarah_12 on 8/20/2012 11:40:45 AM

so I've had my period for two years and it was almost getting regular (5 week cycle). But this month its been 6 weeks and I still haven't got it! I've had Pms symptoms for a few weeks. What's going on?

Hey girl! Sometimes you skip a period for no reason, although if you're stressed or lost a lot of weight, it's more likely.  If you don't get it next month, then you might wanna call your doc. xoxo

Kate G.

by hope0515 on 8/20/2012 9:41:02 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm about to turn 14 and I think I got my period but I'm not sure. At the very beginning of August I had spotting and cramps for 5 days. The spotting started heavy (like lots of little smears and dots) then got lighter(only one or two dots). The thing is, I've heard periods are sometimes very light for the first time (like just a few spots of blood). This was the first time I ever spotted or cramped. If this was my period then I'm supposed to get it again at the end of the month... And that's the first or second day of school! What do I do? I'm not sure if the blood was enough to be a period. I don't know if this matters, but the blood was all bright red. PLEASE HELP ME ASAP. Thanks! Also, my Mom said it wasn't my period but lots of people r saying it is??

Hey girl! I answered your question on the other post, but if you need any other help, let me know! xoxo

Kate G.

by purple10115 on 8/20/2012 6:27:49 AM

MODMODMOD!
i,ve been having discharge for over a week now. Every time i have it i have no idea when its coming! so i never get to put a pad on in time! Also i,m smell really bad down there when i get it.
are there any pads that are anti fresh/senceted?

Hey girl! Check out the drugstore for scented pads.  Try wearing a panty liner instead of a pad- it's smaller, so you can wear it regularly.  As long as you are changing your underwear, though, you don't need to wear a pad. xoxo

Kate G.

by amanda16 on 8/17/2012 11:16:44 AM

So ive had discharge for over a year now, im emontional, and i havve stomach and back issues constantly! i cant help feeling that my first peroid is coming but i keep giving myself reasons why its not. like im emontional bc i dont get sleep, or my back hurts because of my bed or my stomach hurts because i eat to fast... im also scared that if i get it, i might get it during school! and i have know idea how to insert tampons! sorry tmi thx for your help

Hey girl! Bring a pad to school so you don't have to worry about the drama of a tampon during your first period.  If you think you might get it super soon, wear a panty liner to school, it's small enough to be comfortable but also will keep you fro getting blood on your clothes! xoxo

Kate G.