1 HOURS AGO Score the best skin tips from @myclearstart: http://t.co/aphPxkkbcj

2 HOURS AGO Trade your backpack for a broomstick because now you can enroll at Hogwarts: http://t.co/e4PJAVWIJS

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 5 fab #glgirls will snag a Cupcake Party Kit from @NailedKit: http://t.co/0FT4mQHlHe

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

Mod! Mod!Mod!
I got my first period about 4 weeks ago and my second today. (I'm eleven) So I asked my mom if I ccouldtry a tampon. She saidyes so we went to Walmart and got the super skinny ones. When I got home my mom showed me how to put them in so I did. But one it got to a certain point in my vagina it would stop and if I would try to put it in more cause it wasnt in all the way it would hurt and not go in. She said that I have a tiny piece of skin up there and it breaks when I have sex but how do I break it to put a tampon in?
*Madi

Hey girl! Just try a little harder to put the tampon it.  It might hurt for a few minutes (any more and you should take it out).  If you don't want to try that, you might want to stick to pads and panty liners for now.  xoxo

Kate G.

by m2addyoliver on 8/6/2012 1:17:13 PM

You could put them in your pants right at the top and have half of it sticking. Then put your shorts over it.
*Madi

by m2addyoliver on 8/6/2012 10:14:12 AM

Hey girl!

I'm not a doctor so I can't be sure if this is your period or not. It totally could be, but there's also a chance it might not be. I think you should just talk to your mom about it and if you'd like to go see a doctor about it you can.

Rachael A.

by GlitterGirl14 on 8/6/2012 9:18:21 AM

I usually don't have any room in my bookbag for pads. After a pad bad experience (it fell out of my bag right in front of my crush and I tried to play dumb... it didn't work) I have settled on tampons. Anyways, any suggestons on where to 'hide' them?

by nike836 on 8/6/2012 2:10:48 AM

I got my first period about 4 weeks ago. (I'm eleven) So I asked my mom if I could try a tampon. She saidyes so we went to Walmart and got the super skinny ones. When I got home my mom showed me how to put them in so I did. But one it got to a certain point in my vagina it would stop and if I would try to put it in more cause it wasnt in all the way it would hurt and not go in. She said that I have a tiny piece of skin up there and it breaks when I have sex but how do I break it to put a tampon in?

Please help my period is coming soon and it would be better to wear a tampon instead of a pad.

by m2addyoliver on 8/5/2012 7:05:54 PM

I got my first period almost four weeks ago.(I'm eleven) So if I get my next one on time I should get it in five days. The past two days I've been getting this white sticky discharge (I know this sounds wierd but) that you can rub between your fingers is that normal?
Please answer.

by m2addyoliver on 8/5/2012 6:46:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I'm 13, and I think my period is almost here, but im not sure… On Thursday, I got my first ever period cramps. I have all that puberty stuff, so I knew my period was going to be heee soon, BUT, no period on Thursday. on Friday I was babysitting when i went to the bathroom and found a teeny tiny red dot on my undies. there was nothing when I wiped. But i forgot about it cuz i thiught it was just thread or lint. Then on Saturday night I went to the bathroom and found about 3-6 little red dots and some red smears but they were all little. I also got cramps that night. But nothing happened today! No period, or anythung else. Just a whole bunch of discharge, but Ive been getting SOOOO much discharfe lately. My boibs have been sore. Is that normal? Like i am going thru a period cycle with no period? Or could I get it in the next few days because those are pMS symptoms? Please reply ASAP. Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Those are definitely signs that your period could be on its way - cramps and spotting for up to a week before your actual period are totally common! But unfortunately, it's impossible for anyone to predict exactly when your period will be here Frown Hang in there and, in the meantime, read all about your period so you know what to expect: http://www.girlslife.com/category/periods-period.aspx I know it's so annoying to be stuck in the "in-between" - thinking you're gonna get your period but not having it yet. But it'll come when your bod is ready! <3

Lauren C.

by purple10115 on 8/5/2012 8:05:46 AM

Hey LOLGirl109, yep while discharge is annoying it is normal. You could always wear a pantyliner, which is like a really really small and thin pad that goes in your underwear. It keeps the discharge from staining your underwear. You can find them for cheap at CVS, Rite-Aid, Target, Wal-Mart or any grocery store. Hope this helps! Xoxo

I'm kinda embarrest to ask my mom because in December I thought I got my period but it was actually discharge. But my discharge has been in my underwear for more more than 6 months! And also, Is it normal not to see discharge when I wipe, but only in my underwear? Lynae P.

by LOLGirl109 on 8/4/2012 11:09:42 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
My friend is having her pool birthday party tomorrow and I have my period. So I got some tampons, this is my first time buying them. When I went to put them on I did it the wrong way and couldn't do It. But when I tried to the right way I was nervous and could, plus my vagina is a bit from trying to put in the applicator. We got Tampax compact so I don't know how to get one that is any smaller. I am worried and afraid I might have to not go to the party even though I already RSVP d. Should I try again? I'm confused how.
PLEASE HELP THIS IS URGENT!

Hey girl,

It's normal to have trouble with tampons at first, but even if you can't get one in, you can still go to the party! Even if you can't go in the pool, you can still hang out poolside and chill with your friends. And don't be afraid to ask your mom for tampon tips! You'll get the hang of it eventually Smile

Meghan D.

by Glitterheart16 on 8/3/2012 7:50:17 PM

Mod mod mod
Is it normal for the tampon to but a bit when u push it in? (when you push the tube in to the ilother tube)

Hey girl, I'm not sure what you're asking, but as long as the tampon doesn't hurt while you walk around, I'm sure you're fine.  xoxo

Kate G.