1 HOURS AGO This guy is the definition of the perfect summer crush: http://t.co/JoExgHz0cs

2 HOURS AGO What's your future hold? Check out this week's #horoscopes to find out: http://t.co/P7VmvJ6Y4B

3 HOURS AGO How to deal with a jealous best friend: http://t.co/5Wzr0mNveH

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

MOD MOD!! i just got my first period. and now my period is late i was supposed to have two weeks ago! i am going camping in 2 days i am afraid ill get it there what do i do i will be swimming a lot and i never used a tampon

Hey girl, well just bring some tampons along with you just in case. It comes with directions, so dont you worry! You'll be fine.

lauren r.

by sassystriker on 7/27/2012 8:19:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have a lot of brown discharge and I think it's my period but I don't know! Its been two days so I think it is! What do you think?
~ Jordan

Hey Jordan,

Usually brown discharge is a sign that your period is on its way! Lots of periods start off super light (with brown discharge) and then get heavier over a couple days. Keep an eye on it - if it's your period, it'll probably turn brighter red and get heavier <3
Lauren C.

by Gymnastics172 on 7/26/2012 9:24:26 PM

Um, just wondering, how to do you sneak a pad into the bathroom without anyone noticing? I have to wear a uniform every day and I don't have any pockets!

by alexia_directioner<3 on 7/26/2012 7:35:32 PM

MOD!!!!
I have what I think is brown discharge. I wear a pantyliner, I also have white discharge everyday. Do you think I will start my period soon?

Hey girlie,

If you have brown discharge right now, there's a very good chance your period could follow. It's normal for periods to start off REALLY light with brown discharge, then get heavier over a day or two. Keep an eye on it and you'll know soon enough! <3
Lauren C.

by flufkim8 on 7/26/2012 6:19:39 PM

I'm so confused about my period! A year and a half ago, I saw a reddish brown stain in my underwear, but I haven't seen it since. My doctor says I should be getting it soon, and I felt really bad cramps, but then they went away and I haven't seen any blood!! I'm so confused this is my first time is it normal for this to be happening?

by briannaf202 on 7/25/2012 4:21:16 PM

I started my period in the summer but I'm not actually sure if it is really my period because I get cramps and I get blood on the toilet paper but I don't have to use pads or anything is this normal?

Hey girl! That sounds like your period, especially because your period can be super light when you first start.  Maybe try using a thin pantyliner for some protection. xxoo
Maggie P.

by Bannana99 on 7/24/2012 2:59:45 AM

A couple weeks ago a found a brown/red stain in my underwear. It wasn't much so I didn't notice it until I went to the bathroom. Nothing has happened since but I am getting more discharge than usual. So... what is it?? I heard that your first period is only a l'il bit, right?? There's been nothing since though. Please help I'm so confused!!

Hey girl!  Your first period is usually a little more than just a tiny spot.  It was probably nothing, so no need to panic.  You might be gearing up to get your period, so stay attuned to your body.  If you start to feel cramps in your lower tummy or feel more bloated than normal, it might be your period coming around. xoxo

Kate G.

by kaymalu on 7/23/2012 4:24:20 PM

i like it

by donna1 on 7/23/2012 1:27:11 PM

great article

by donna1 on 7/23/2012 11:17:48 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay.. I'm REALLY scared!!!
Yesterday I found dried brown discharge in my underwear, and when I wiped it was red, and it looked like BLOOD. But today I have NOT gotten the brown discharge or any red blood looking thing! What is going on?! Im scared to tell my mom. Should I even tell her? And if I should, how should I tell her? And when? I really need help..

Hey girlie,

Why are you scared? If this IS your period, it's totally normal! It's nothing to panic about Smile But since you haven't gotten anything brown/red since yesterday, chances are you just got a cut down there and it started to bleed. That can happen from all sorts of things, like wiping too much/too hard after you go "#2." Just keep an eye on it - if you start bleeding again and it gets heavier/more frequent, it's probably your period. But it's not anything to be shy about! Just tell mom something like, "Hey mom... I think I have my period." She had a "first period" too so she'll understand and will help answer all your questions, get you supplies, etc. (And don't forget to check out our Periods, Period section for even more tips: http://www.girlslife.com/category/periods-period.aspx) Don't be scared! <3
Lauren C.