1 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

2 HOURS AGO He spilled the beans about your crush—what would you do? http://t.co/kLUPJpNn4K

4 HOURS AGO 4 fab ways to do fur this season: http://t.co/o6CFtNvOHj

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

Mod Mod Mod. I'm thirteen and still havnt had my period. I feel like I have a bunch of the symptoms that it is coming but it never does. I know that you can be 16 and get your period for the first time but someone told me that you would get around the same time that your mom did. She got it when she was 12. Is there any health reasons that I wouldn't get it? thanks

Hey girl! It will come! If you are concerned, talk to your mom or a doctor. xxoo
Maggie P.

by isyrocks on 8/2/2012 3:03:38 PM

Ok, this is really embarrassing, but I think I'm depressed. At first I thought it was just because I was on my period, but for 4 months now I've been smiling a lot less and withdrawing from everyone. I feel useless. I don't want to talk about it with my parents because they might make me go to counseling, and my friends will think I'm just being dramatic. What should I do?

by PeAcHeS!!!! on 8/1/2012 2:42:43 PM

Mod mod mod
I have to get a physical for my parents insurance, and I was wondering what the doctor will do? I'm 14 & the last time I had a physical was 3 years ago. Now that I have started my period, will any part of the physical change? It's with my pediatrition that I have had my whole life. Oh, how do I bring up irregular periods with my doctor, & my mom? My periods have been irregular since January, & the only person I have told was my BFF. I NOT open to talking about periods with my mom, even though she has been there & done that, is still akward. So I really want to regulate my periods, because I have been getting them twice a month since jan. I think the reason I haven't told my mom about my periods is because I'm scared that there could be something wrong & I would have to go the gynecologist. What could my doctor do about my irregular periods anyway? Please help me, I'm scared.

Hey chica! Your physical will probably be about the same, though the doctor may feel your breasts for lumps.  If you want, you can ask your mom to leave the room before you change and tell your doctor about your periods.  If she doesn't want to leave, you can always just focus on telling your doctor.  Not telling someone because you think something might be wrong isn't going to help you, Your doctor may put you on medicine to help regulate your periods or he may wait to see if they regulate themselves.  Irregular periods are SUPER common.  Getting your period twice as often as usual is much less worrisome than not getting it.  Either way, talk to your doctor and they will be able to help.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Girlzrock123 on 7/31/2012 12:20:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I'm sorry, I didn't know where to put this. I'm seriously questioning my mental health right now. I'm getting so stressed out about school (because of bullies) and it's the middle of the summer. I'm fine, but then I think about it or something happens over the internet and I just feel depressed. I really don't know how to deal with this. I told my mom I wanted to see a therapist or something, but she just thinks I'm being overdramatic. Thinking about school makes my heart fludder and it makes breathing hard. I'm so scared, and I'm crying now. I really think something is wrong with me.

Hey! You're going to be ok, and I'm really glad you got online to chat about your feelings. No one likes to have their feelings invalidated, so I'm sorry your mom thinks you're being overdramatic. If people at your school are bullying you, you have to stand up for yourself. Don't let them make you feel less than you are, which is an amazing, thoughtful person. Have you tried talking to someone about it at school? Friends can help you shake the blues and also help you bring these issues to a teacher, which is where they should be brought. Thousands of kids are experienceing what you are. You are not alone. If you ever feel so upset that you have thoughts of hurting yourself or other people, please don't hesitate to go here: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx

Good luck!

Helen S.

by hannahrose116 on 7/30/2012 5:20:21 PM

I got my first period, and it was pretty heavy. Is that normal? I heard that your first period was supposed to be light.

by madds07 on 7/28/2012 9:31:36 PM

mod mod mod
Help I'm going camping with my period and I don't know if it's going to be really light or if it's going to be my usaslly change my pad every two hours. Also we take hikes that are like three hours long. What should I do??

Hey girl,

If you have to change your pad on a hike, just tell everyone you're going to the bathroom. They won't know the difference! Don't let that keep you from having fun Smile

Meghan D.

by Lovestruck11727 on 7/28/2012 1:00:28 AM

MOD MOD!! i just got my first period. and now my period is late i was supposed to have two weeks ago! i am going camping in 2 days i am afraid ill get it there what do i do i will be swimming a lot and i never used a tampon

Hey girl, well just bring some tampons along with you just in case. It comes with directions, so dont you worry! You'll be fine.

lauren r.

by sassystriker on 7/27/2012 8:19:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I have a lot of brown discharge and I think it's my period but I don't know! Its been two days so I think it is! What do you think?
~ Jordan

Hey Jordan,

Usually brown discharge is a sign that your period is on its way! Lots of periods start off super light (with brown discharge) and then get heavier over a couple days. Keep an eye on it - if it's your period, it'll probably turn brighter red and get heavier <3
Lauren C.

by Gymnastics172 on 7/26/2012 9:24:26 PM

Um, just wondering, how to do you sneak a pad into the bathroom without anyone noticing? I have to wear a uniform every day and I don't have any pockets!

by alexia_directioner<3 on 7/26/2012 7:35:32 PM

MOD!!!!
I have what I think is brown discharge. I wear a pantyliner, I also have white discharge everyday. Do you think I will start my period soon?

Hey girlie,

If you have brown discharge right now, there's a very good chance your period could follow. It's normal for periods to start off REALLY light with brown discharge, then get heavier over a day or two. Keep an eye on it and you'll know soon enough! <3
Lauren C.