1 HOURS AGO Really though, is there any better feeling than a fresh mani?

2 HOURS AGO That friend who never wants to hang < http://t.co/n4hMjie8rv

5 HOURS AGO DIY lip scrubs we heart: http://t.co/lSqLTWrTyL

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

I'm so confused about my period! A year and a half ago, I saw a reddish brown stain in my underwear, but I haven't seen it since. My doctor says I should be getting it soon, and I felt really bad cramps, but then they went away and I haven't seen any blood!! I'm so confused this is my first time is it normal for this to be happening?

by briannaf202 on 7/25/2012 4:21:16 PM

I started my period in the summer but I'm not actually sure if it is really my period because I get cramps and I get blood on the toilet paper but I don't have to use pads or anything is this normal?

Hey girl! That sounds like your period, especially because your period can be super light when you first start.  Maybe try using a thin pantyliner for some protection. xxoo
Maggie P.

by Bannana99 on 7/24/2012 2:59:45 AM

A couple weeks ago a found a brown/red stain in my underwear. It wasn't much so I didn't notice it until I went to the bathroom. Nothing has happened since but I am getting more discharge than usual. So... what is it?? I heard that your first period is only a l'il bit, right?? There's been nothing since though. Please help I'm so confused!!

Hey girl!  Your first period is usually a little more than just a tiny spot.  It was probably nothing, so no need to panic.  You might be gearing up to get your period, so stay attuned to your body.  If you start to feel cramps in your lower tummy or feel more bloated than normal, it might be your period coming around. xoxo

Kate G.

by kaymalu on 7/23/2012 4:24:20 PM

i like it

by donna1 on 7/23/2012 1:27:11 PM

great article

by donna1 on 7/23/2012 11:17:48 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay.. I'm REALLY scared!!!
Yesterday I found dried brown discharge in my underwear, and when I wiped it was red, and it looked like BLOOD. But today I have NOT gotten the brown discharge or any red blood looking thing! What is going on?! Im scared to tell my mom. Should I even tell her? And if I should, how should I tell her? And when? I really need help..

Hey girlie,

Why are you scared? If this IS your period, it's totally normal! It's nothing to panic about Smile But since you haven't gotten anything brown/red since yesterday, chances are you just got a cut down there and it started to bleed. That can happen from all sorts of things, like wiping too much/too hard after you go "#2." Just keep an eye on it - if you start bleeding again and it gets heavier/more frequent, it's probably your period. But it's not anything to be shy about! Just tell mom something like, "Hey mom... I think I have my period." She had a "first period" too so she'll understand and will help answer all your questions, get you supplies, etc. (And don't forget to check out our Periods, Period section for even more tips: http://www.girlslife.com/category/periods-period.aspx) Don't be scared! <3
Lauren C.

by LoveHappens on 7/22/2012 10:20:47 PM

Hey donna1, yep girl that's normal. Every girls flow is different, and yours is just heavy. My period was the same way. Xoxo

MODMOD
I just had my first period and its really heavy is this normal? Lynae P.

by donna1 on 7/21/2012 2:45:25 PM

Hey girls!
You've got a guy problem? Bad hair cut issues? Got in a fight with your buds? Family annoying you? Need a place to vent? Well you're in luck then. I'll be sure to be here for you through it all! Just go on over to my advice queen page and leave a comment! I answer every question fully and honestly! If my answer leaves you with even more questions, ask away!

xx
Nightless

by Nightless on 7/21/2012 3:36:58 AM

This is a great article! I just got my period a month ago so its still irregular, but I've had a lot of the signs on here and its really helpful to know because I'm going on vacation in a week. Thanks for the article!

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 7/20/2012 11:06:29 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!
so yesterday i think i got my first period there was this orang-y thing next to my discharge and it faded to nothing later i put on a liner though and nothing else happend! is it still my period because from yesterday nothing really happend.
PLEEEAASSE HEEELLLP MEEEE!!!! ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl,

This could definitely be your period, or your body might just be getting ready for your first period. It's a good idea to keep a liner down there just in case. If nothing happens for a few days, you can stop wearing the liner. Your first period will most likely be pretty light, so no need to worry. Talk to your mom or a trusted adult for more advice if you need it

Catherine C.