7 HOURS AGO Ok here's a hint: It's *awesome* https://t.co/l1Pb1ng4Sg

10 HOURS AGO #QUIZ Is your summer crush a keeper? http://t.co/iY8peipoym pic.twitter.com/9kymW4xQAI

11 HOURS AGO Are you painfully shy around guys? Check out how to bust out of your shell ASAP: http://t.co/M7N9e8EFDq pic.twitter.com/ZDqjqb8gOQ

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

i seriously just got my period on July 10. but a couple days before i had serious headache, dizziness when standing, and not eating anything in 3 days, for people that have had there period did this happen to you?

by bandbuddy on 7/15/2012 11:04:11 AM

All of these period signs are exactly what is happening to me now. So this mean my period is coming soon? I'm 12 years old. I never really had "discharge" but could that just be like skipped? Please please help!\

Hey girlie,

It's totally impossible to predict! I know, lame answer, right? But even your doctor can't know for sure when your period is gonna come. Everyone develops at a different pace. It's awesome that you're experiencing some of these signs (that's a good hint that you're healthy!), but discharge does usually come before your period starts. But then again, it doesn't for EVERYONE because everyone is different! It's really hard to tell. Just remember that it's totally healthy to start your period sometime before you turn 16 years old - you have some time before you should be concerned <3 Hang in there and, in the meantime, read up on all things "period" so you can feel super prepared when the big day comes!

P.S. We saw you posting messages with your personal email address so girls could get advice. Please do NOT post with this anymore - it is against the GL.com rules to include your personal email address or to get in touch "privately" off the site. Instead, try creating an advice queen account: http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueens.aspx

Lauren C.

by neonroxursox on 7/15/2012 2:11:11 AM

okay sooo... this week im goin camping with my friend and we r going to be going swimming.. and this week im supposed to get my period. and i never used a tampon before.. and i told her im not going to use a tampon.. and she said come on.. u have to learn sometime.. im really scared of tampons. i dont wanna use them.. HELP!!!

by love4321 on 7/14/2012 11:51:53 PM

ughhh gotta hate periods i wonder what its like for guys hmmmmmmm...............i hate when you r on vacay n it comes on like really mother nature!!grrrrrrrr and im kinda scared of tampons:/ so that doesnt help at all!

by kay/rocki on 7/14/2012 10:54:22 PM

by kay/rocki on 7/14/2012 10:50:02 PM

i havent had mine

by gigigirl83 on 7/14/2012 9:33:03 PM

Mine usually only last 5 days but they are the worst 5 days ever! I hate it! I used to be anxious to have mine now I envy girls who don't...haha

by Acutiebookworm on 7/14/2012 8:28:05 PM

I keep my spirits up when I have my period by going for a run. It always leaves me feeling refreshed and less tired and achy.

by supersingershannon on 7/14/2012 7:03:28 PM

i HATE the days leading up to my period. my face(and my back sometimes..ew) breaks outFrown and my boobs and pretty much the rest of my body is sore and i eat more and i have trouble sleeping and concetrating sometimes and i'm always tired and grouchy...and EMOTIONAL! UGH good thing its only for a few days each month...:/

by Alykat18 on 7/14/2012 5:29:14 PM

A few months agoI thought I had gotten my period. It didn't come back the next day, and I haven't gotten it since. Is this normal? Did I get my period? I'm confused... (._.) What does that mean? Thx-a-million! Xox<3

by Vjazzy08 on 7/14/2012 4:58:51 PM