3 HOURS AGO How to obtain the perfect set of brows: http://t.co/HlXQKzJAuF

6 HOURS AGO The best ways to save our skin from that awful sunburn! http://t.co/Coe1hz7em8

7 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

Hey girls Smile

Sometimes, MODs get SUPER busy answering everyone's questions and can't answer yours. But you can always come to me Smile I can give advice on:
Boys
Death/loss
Summer camp
Fears
Your bod
Self-esteem/confidence
Recipes

And any other advice you need! Please don't be afraid to ask because I promise I will not judge you and give you an honest answer to your question. I also check GL almost every day so I guarantee a speedy response! Im also here if you need someone to talk to. So what are you waiting for? My profile is a click away Smile

by xXMissBehavedXx on 7/14/2012 12:41:51 PM

I am 12 and I haven't had my period yet. I have been having all these signs! I am really worried about getting it for the first time. How to I relax myself so I stop freaking out?

by missyrox18 on 7/14/2012 10:11:39 AM

To keep my spirits up when that time of the month rolls around, I read a good book.

by otter77 on 7/14/2012 9:42:04 AM

ugh I start getting these symptoms up to 2 weeks before each period, plus mine last for 5 days then 7 more of spotting!And I can't take birth control or other meds to take down the severity!

by arg5890 on 7/14/2012 8:58:39 AM

Mod mod mod mod mod mod
i just got my 6 th or 7 th period. Normally they are regular flow and i never have cramps. But my last to periods have been heavy and i feel so icky. Is this normal? Also, how can i keep the cramps from being as bad? I heard excercise helps, so im going on a run with my friend! Will this help?

Hey girl,

That can be normal, but there's no harm in checking in with a doc or nurse! Exercise will help, as will drinking lots of water.

Meghan D.

by asha0 on 7/14/2012 12:55:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!
I just got my period. I have been having it for two years now, and it usually takes 3-4 days to pass. But this month is going on a whole week!!!!!! Is there something wrong, because I am concerned how long it has been lasting.

Hey girl,

Normal periods can be up to a week long, so you are probably fine,  but you can talk to a parent or a doc if you are still worried to be safe!

Meghan D.

by bellababy4 on 7/14/2012 12:51:59 AM

MOD MOD
I am fourteen in a month and I got my first period on wednesday. Then on thursday I wore a tampon to swim (which was no problem) and it was full. I took it out and showered, and then I got barely anything for the rest of the night. I thought it was over but then it became really heavy again today around lunch time, and then became barely anything once it became evening. Is this wierd? It is always heaviest after lunchish time. Thanks for any of the help

Hey girl,

That sounds normal, especially for your first period. You will typically bleed less when sleeping since your feet are elevated. There's no harm in talking to your mom or a doc about it, though!

Meghan D.