A MINUTE AGO He kissed her for the camera...super creepy or really romantic? You decide: http://t.co/8dhBG6Wo0v

AN HOUR AGO 4 ways to flirt without saying a word: http://t.co/LHp5svEpre

2 HOURS AGO Meet your new fave murder mystery. Win Famous Last Words, by @KatieAlender today: http://t.co/meJ6kpn5G7 @this_is_teen

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

Hey!
Im 12, my birthday was on march 18, and I haven't got my period yet. I have hair down south and under my arms. I have been growing my breasts for more than 1 and 1/2 years now. I need to know the signs to my period, and I really don't understand what discharge is. I had icky things in my undie once, well that was the only time I saw it. and as I said my breasts have been growing, and I know I have to wear a bra now, but they are uncomfortable, I tried the biggest sign, but its still uncomfortable! should I start wearing the bras that have round not flat from up there? please help!
Thnxx,
Gracie (Diana113)

Hey girlie. Just because you've turned 12 doesn't mean that you'll get your period right away. Everyone starts their period at different times. Some are 11 when they start, while others don't get their period until their 14. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with you. It's all normal. Your breasts growing is a part of this normal process. To learn more about the stages of puberty, click here. As for bras, they're like shoes. You just have to go shopping to find the right one! But don't worry, we've got you covered on finding the perfect bra too. Just click here. Also, remember to have a little patience. Things will happen in due time! xx
Jess D.

by Diana113 on 6/13/2013 8:21:40 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD Am unsure about when my period may start as i havent had any of that discharge and the hair under my arms hadnt grown but everything else is happening like i am always really crampy and sooo hormonal somtimes i just break down in tears for nothing and i am worried and my friend has had her period so i sorta want mine to come and i am twelve and a half now so it is really due. I an like super skinny so i havent really being geting breasts as obviously as everyone else put now i am. Umm i also have hairs down south and sweat and smell qite alot so what is the verdict ? Please help me !

Hey girlie, unfortunately there is no exact formula, even for doctors. So I can't tell you when you'll get it. But usually girls start to get discharge before they get their period. So when you start to get that then it's a good sign that your period will follow.

Lauren T.

by Sophie_2501 on 6/9/2013 6:09:03 PM

Am unsure about when my period may start as i havent had any of that discharge and the hair under my arms hadnt grown but everything else is happening like i am always really crampy and sooo hormonal somtimes i just break down in tears for nothing and i am worried and my friend has had her period so i sorta want mine to come and i am twelve and a half now so it is really due. I an like super skinny so i havent really being geting breasts as obviously as everyone else put now i am and i just need to know if i sorta have all the synptoms and i need some advice on how to cope and find it easier writing things down and reading than talking to my mum or anything like that so ya. Umm i also have hairs down south and sweat and smell qite alot so what is the verdict ? Please help me !

Sophie xx

by Sophie_2501 on 6/9/2013 5:36:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD.
Dear MOD,
I have had my period for a year-ish now. i think pads are gross and bulky but my mom wont let me use tampons. every time i bring it up she say, "believe me they are very uncomfortable". but everything i've read says that you can barely feel them if at all. I do alot of sports and i love to swim. Now for my question. How do i get my mom to let me try tampons? And are they really uncomfortable?
Thanks alot!

Hey! In my experience they are not uncomfortable at all. i much prefer them to pads, and once you get the hang of them you can't feel them. Your mom may have had a bad experience learning to use them and just decided to stick with pads. That's an ok choice for her to make, but she can't make it for you.  Try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you are really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by watsmyuser on 6/8/2013 1:11:51 PM

When it comes, you'll know, I promise. There will be no mistake. If you're worried about stains, wear panty liners. xx Hannah M

by lilibet112 on 6/3/2013 4:23:30 PM

im 10 and im confused do u have to have big boobs to have it and do u have to have discharge ??:/

Hey girl! Nope, not necessary at all. Your period can come without any of these warning signs beforehand, or conversely, you could have all the signs and still a while to go before you actually start menstruating. Hope this clears things up! xx

Hannah M

by lilibet112 on 6/3/2013 4:21:05 PM

Hi its me again I forgot! I have been noticing
Yellow white discharge
Diizzieness
Lack of sleep
Tired
Eating more
More attitude
Lazy ness
hard breathing
Dirreha
stomach aches
and that's about it!

Hey girl! I would see a doctor and talk to them about the issues. Normal signs you're going to start menstruating are discharge and cramps - the other stuff could be signs of other issues. No way to know except to get it checked out. xx

Hannah M

by cheergeek_xo2001 on 6/3/2013 2:41:59 PM

Umm I need to know if these are signs of my period and when I will get it by the looks of these signs.I've had some yellow ish white ish discharge in my underwater and I told my best friend and she has it too but we don't feel comfy telling our parents and I have been ver y dizzy too when I get up from sitting or laying or I will just be standing and I will get dizzy and sometimes fall over also my boobs are getting very sore then usual and I've had hair from armpits to my private to my legs I'm 12 years old and I'm dieing to know when I will get my period.

Hey girl! So unfortunately there is no "when-will-my-period-come" mind-reading or foreseeing I can do for you. The dizziness is troubling - make sure you're drinking enough water, and if you're ever feeling sick or in pain or like something weird is up with your body I would head to the doctor. All of these things sound pretty normal for a girl your age, so just be patient, it'll come soon enough (and then you'll never want it to come again!) xx

Hannah M

by cheergeek_xo2001 on 6/3/2013 1:34:48 PM

okay so i think i just got my period but im not sure because i saw a tiny splotch of red when i wiped but there wasn't anything in my underwear and after a couple wipes i only saw discharge... i don't know

Hey! you may just be spotting, which is a sign that your period's on its way. Wait and see, if the flow increases then it's your period. Another way to get a more professional opinion would be to ask your doctor. good luck!

Helen S.

by pokerface16 on 5/30/2013 5:10:51 PM

Oh, and I've having trouble sleeping for a week or two, plus been kinda foggy.

by lil'beautylover27 on 5/26/2013 11:38:52 PM