12 HOURS AGO 7 cute characters with closets to die for: http://t.co/Ls6Dd4Ygey

15 HOURS AGO #YouWroteIt! Check out this poem written by an awesome #GLgirl: http://t.co/c0qORtXZJL

16 HOURS AGO Kick your feet up in these fab flats: http://t.co/N5dTQXVe9K

COMMENTS

4 signs your period is coming

Your period always come at the most annoying times, but it’s even worse when you’re not expecting it. If your periods have been irregular, there are still...

I just hit my first period 3-4 days ago. It's getting bad even though its my first. Is it normal to be this way?

Hey chica, every girl experiences her period a little differently.  Talk with your mom or a nurse if you're worried something might be wrong.  You might find this post helpful: "Your guide to PMS and how to handle it."

Karin E.

by ChristinaXxoxxo on 3/4/2013 12:40:47 AM

I am 14 and i've never had my period and my lil sis and older sis have theirs they both started when they where around 11 and 12 y didnt i my started hers then too

by chelsea04 on 3/2/2013 1:40:03 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD My periods are irregular sometimes, but It's two days late, and I'm freaking out. Is it possible that I'm pregnant? I also do track so all week long I've been running and weightlifting, I didn't know if that was a factor or not.

Hey girl, it is VERY unlikely that you are pregnant due to that mishap. Periods are just late sometimes. They don't always fall on the exact same day, especially if you are active. Now if 2-3 weeks go by and you don't have it, I would talk to your gyno. But I'm sure you're fine.

lauren r.

by Fizzo13 on 3/2/2013 10:46:10 AM

I'm 11. I haven't had my first period yet!! I'm scared it will start soon. I started getting discharge in 5th grade and starting wearing bras in the middle of 5th. now being in 6th, I notice I am getting some of the signs. Maybe a month or so ago I stsrted having painfully cramps. I told my mom and she said to wait a little while to see if I start. I have waited but nothing has happened. I eat a lot more now ( idk if that is craving) and gaining wait very easy. I am not over wait, but I am afraid that if this is a sign of my period i might get stuck with eating to much. my sister started a month ago, but she gets kinda annoyed when I ask her questions . I am really shy around my teachers , so if I start my period there I would be to scared to tell someone. what are some ways I can be prepared?

by PurpleRain08 on 3/2/2013 10:11:27 AM

I've been feeling all signs of PMS. I really don't feel well, and I've never had my period before. I want to have my mom there for me in case I get it, but she's leaving on Saturday for work, and won't be back for a month! My dad wouldn't know what to do, and I have no idea what to do if I get my period without my mom around. Can you help me?

Hey girlie,

It will be a little awkward to talk to your dad, but he'll still be able to help you because that is his job as a parent! So if it does happen, just tell him as soon as it does, and he'll be happy to buy you pads and whatever else you need.

Meghan D.

by SILly0905 on 3/1/2013 9:42:51 PM

why do i have a period twice a month

Hey a taylor, everyone's period is different. Some cycles last longer than others. Some are light, others are heavy. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by ataylor on 3/1/2013 5:59:13 PM

is it normal to have your period twice a month

Hey a taylor, yep girly that's normal. Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by ataylor on 3/1/2013 5:39:16 PM

Hi, so um my mom walked up to me and gave me a pad and said kept it in you backpack just in case, i havent even started me 1sr period yet!!so does this mean my mom thinks i am gonna get it soon?! I benn having some tummy stuff like cra
mps yeah, So any advise
Love
Lovesoccer00000

Hey girl, it never hurts to be prepared.  Having a pad with you is a great idea.  Check out this post for some pre-period advice: "First Period Prep."

Karin E.

by lovesoccergirl00000 on 2/25/2013 2:05:23 AM

Ok this is awkward but here goes. I am 11. I am always self conscience about myself. I am 5'7" and weigh 104 pounds. I can never be positive about myself. The worst of all, I started puberty. I am getting boobs and Mom won't let me get cups even though my boobs stick out of them. I got my period in November and then again on December but it is now February and I haven't seen it. I am very worried. I am scared that it won't come back since it been a while. I just feel out of the ordinary since kids pick on me and I got called the grossest girl in school because I started all this. Please help me! ASAP

by $lover on 2/21/2013 7:01:21 PM

Omg thank you!! You were a bigger help than the other person!

by $lover on 2/21/2013 3:32:35 PM