AN HOUR AGO 20 major fashion fails: http://t.co/T7nMCBwQDd

13 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

16 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

COMMENTS

8 ways to volunteer you've never thought of

When you help someone out, it makes ya feel totally awesome. But there are only so many times that you can do the standard charity acts without...

LOVE the idea of volunteering at a hospital, and I really want to be a doctor someday. But i'm 13 and you have to 15 at my nearest hospital. any other suggestions?

by BalletGirl0116 on 7/19/2012 6:22:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I have already posted this but it didn't show up and a couple of my questions don't show up but I don't know why??? Anyways, I want to volunteer at Shared Pregnancy but they have no age information on their website....... do you have an idea? And, if I am too young, is there places I could volunteer with kids this summer???

I'm not sure what the age limit would be, babe. Why don't you give 'em a call and see? And to volunteer with kids, you could volunteer in the pediatrics ward of a hospital or at a daycare.
Carrie R.

by Mtoles on 7/18/2012 4:14:00 PM

hey i think im going to volinteer for pasodo safe haven, a animal shelter and ive raised 641 dollers last school year but a cant have anyone drop me off and i need adult supervision do you think i should ask a friend and her mom todo it with me during the summer or what should i do???

Hey girly!  Asking a friend and her mom sounds like a great idea, but be respectful if they say no.  You should start by suggesting just 1 day a week and ask the friend/ her mom which day would be best for them.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by soccer queen on 7/18/2012 12:18:25 PM

Hi! I want to tryout for cheerleading but I need to lose some weight and tone my arms and become more flexible. Plus my friends dont think I can do it and I need to find a way to tell my parents so that they dont crush my dreams! Please help me with anything!

by CheerleadingPanda on 7/16/2012 3:22:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Help! I want to become a model but I don't know where to start. I need assisstance.

Hey girl, you first need to find an agent. Most have open calls at certain times each week, so find out when those are. Go to a few of those, and don't necessarily pick the first agency that makes you an offer. Go with the one that you like the best. Good luck!
Carrie R.

by transform2314 on 7/16/2012 3:19:33 PM

mod mod
you know the girl in the picture for this article? how would you get her hairstyle? my hair is straight and im in love with her hair. thanks (:

Hey chicky, to get loose waves like the gal in this pic, take a shower before bed and put your hair in tight braids or a bun before you go to sleep. Then when you wake up in the morning, your hair should've dried with some nice waves.
Carrie R.

by stars2010 on 7/16/2012 1:59:16 PM

I have this interview coming up for this modeling agency that is considering me, what should I say and what should I wear? Ideas?

Hey babe, that's exciting! Wear something that is nice and professional-looking, but that you feel comfortable and confident in. A pretty summer dress and cute flats would be nice, but be sure to cover up with a light sweater if it has no sleeves or just spaghetti-straps. And when you're talking to the interviewer, just be honest. I don't know what kind of questions they'll ask you, but for any job interview, make sure you've researched the company a little bit before you go. And have a good answer in your head for the question: why do you want this job?
Carrie R.

by ljbdaisy on 7/16/2012 12:58:27 PM

Mod,
I am realy artsy, but there's no graffiti near me. Is there any way I could still use art to voluenteer? Thanks!

Hey babe, that's great that you wanna use your talents to help out your community! One thing you could do is to volunteer at an art museum. Or you could see about volunteering at a children's hospital and helping out with the programs that they offer for patients - many have an arts and crafts time for the kids. You could also make some artwork to sell and donate all the proceeds to charity.
Carrie R.

by silverroseart on 7/16/2012 10:18:20 AM

I'm volunteering at a hospital this summer, I love it!<3

by michipie205 on 7/16/2012 9:34:19 AM

Hey girlies! If you need advice on ANYTHING (seriously anything), I would LOVE to help ya out! Trust me no question is too weird/gross/embarrassing/ECT. I promise I won't judge, so don't hesitate to ask! Oh, and if your profile isn't visible I'll post the response on my page, so be sure to check back! Smile

by kikidee12 on 7/15/2012 8:41:06 PM