5 HOURS AGO Make sure your first school dance is a night to remember!: http://t.co/cpIIIDwyjP

6 HOURS AGO Got a bad case of dance fever? Here's all the homecoming advice you need: http://t.co/f1AVsQG1cd

7 HOURS AGO Get up & be active with your BFF this fall w/ these fab and festive fall activities!: http://t.co/sIdZZkduFe

COMMENTS

8 ways to volunteer you've never thought of

When you help someone out, it makes ya feel totally awesome. But there are only so many times that you can do the standard charity acts without...

LOVE the idea of volunteering at a hospital, and I really want to be a doctor someday. But i'm 13 and you have to 15 at my nearest hospital. any other suggestions?

by BalletGirl0116 on 7/19/2012 6:22:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I have already posted this but it didn't show up and a couple of my questions don't show up but I don't know why??? Anyways, I want to volunteer at Shared Pregnancy but they have no age information on their website....... do you have an idea? And, if I am too young, is there places I could volunteer with kids this summer???

I'm not sure what the age limit would be, babe. Why don't you give 'em a call and see? And to volunteer with kids, you could volunteer in the pediatrics ward of a hospital or at a daycare.
Carrie R.

by Mtoles on 7/18/2012 4:14:00 PM

hey i think im going to volinteer for pasodo safe haven, a animal shelter and ive raised 641 dollers last school year but a cant have anyone drop me off and i need adult supervision do you think i should ask a friend and her mom todo it with me during the summer or what should i do???

Hey girly!  Asking a friend and her mom sounds like a great idea, but be respectful if they say no.  You should start by suggesting just 1 day a week and ask the friend/ her mom which day would be best for them.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by soccer queen on 7/18/2012 12:18:25 PM

Hi! I want to tryout for cheerleading but I need to lose some weight and tone my arms and become more flexible. Plus my friends dont think I can do it and I need to find a way to tell my parents so that they dont crush my dreams! Please help me with anything!

by CheerleadingPanda on 7/16/2012 3:22:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Help! I want to become a model but I don't know where to start. I need assisstance.

Hey girl, you first need to find an agent. Most have open calls at certain times each week, so find out when those are. Go to a few of those, and don't necessarily pick the first agency that makes you an offer. Go with the one that you like the best. Good luck!
Carrie R.

by transform2314 on 7/16/2012 3:19:33 PM

mod mod
you know the girl in the picture for this article? how would you get her hairstyle? my hair is straight and im in love with her hair. thanks (:

Hey chicky, to get loose waves like the gal in this pic, take a shower before bed and put your hair in tight braids or a bun before you go to sleep. Then when you wake up in the morning, your hair should've dried with some nice waves.
Carrie R.

by stars2010 on 7/16/2012 1:59:16 PM

I have this interview coming up for this modeling agency that is considering me, what should I say and what should I wear? Ideas?

Hey babe, that's exciting! Wear something that is nice and professional-looking, but that you feel comfortable and confident in. A pretty summer dress and cute flats would be nice, but be sure to cover up with a light sweater if it has no sleeves or just spaghetti-straps. And when you're talking to the interviewer, just be honest. I don't know what kind of questions they'll ask you, but for any job interview, make sure you've researched the company a little bit before you go. And have a good answer in your head for the question: why do you want this job?
Carrie R.

by ljbdaisy on 7/16/2012 12:58:27 PM

Mod,
I am realy artsy, but there's no graffiti near me. Is there any way I could still use art to voluenteer? Thanks!

Hey babe, that's great that you wanna use your talents to help out your community! One thing you could do is to volunteer at an art museum. Or you could see about volunteering at a children's hospital and helping out with the programs that they offer for patients - many have an arts and crafts time for the kids. You could also make some artwork to sell and donate all the proceeds to charity.
Carrie R.

by silverroseart on 7/16/2012 10:18:20 AM

I'm volunteering at a hospital this summer, I love it!<3

by michipie205 on 7/16/2012 9:34:19 AM

Hey girlies! If you need advice on ANYTHING (seriously anything), I would LOVE to help ya out! Trust me no question is too weird/gross/embarrassing/ECT. I promise I won't judge, so don't hesitate to ask! Oh, and if your profile isn't visible I'll post the response on my page, so be sure to check back! Smile

by kikidee12 on 7/15/2012 8:41:06 PM

Need Advice?
I'll help you with absolutely anything by giving you top notch well thought out advice ASAP. I'm on this site all the time and have been giving advice on here for over a year.
I'm 16 and have been through a lot..so any problem you have my profiles just a click away and I'm sure I can help you out<3
xoxo,
maggie183

by maggie183 on 7/15/2012 7:27:51 PM

*****PLEASE READ*****
DO you love the Hunger Games? If you do, join my club, Hunger Games Trilogy Lovers!!! We talk all things Hunger Games. Please join!!! You rock if you joined Smile

by loppyears12 on 7/15/2012 7:24:47 PM

Totally awesome!
I think I'm gonna look into volunteering at the public library or local animal shelter! Smile

by Acutiebookworm on 7/15/2012 6:36:52 PM

Awesome! New community service ideas!! Thanks GL!
This summer I'm volunteering to sew bags for My New Red Shoes.

by HelenaPS on 7/15/2012 6:25:06 PM

Mod Smile
Recently, I have started to wear make-up. After a few hours of wearing it my face gets "shiny." How can I reduce that shiny effect? I wash my face and moisturize before I apply my foundation.
Thanks, I really love GL(:

hey! I'm glad you like the mag! have some concealing powder on hand to apply lightly when you notice your face getting shiny. good luck!

Helen S.

by basketballover5 on 7/15/2012 6:04:52 PM

I'm helping out this summer by volunteering at Habitat for Humanity and cleaning up parks.

by supersingershannon on 7/15/2012 5:04:39 PM

do you like rock music?if so then this is the club for you!Rock music that rocks!the talk is about anything really but mostly rock music both old and new.Join today!!

by SKYRIM78 on 7/15/2012 11:37:25 AM

Here is a good cause my friends and I are involved in, it's a page on Facebook called "Hold A Child's Hand". Here's what it's about:
There were many goals we wanted to accomplish with our project. One of our goals was to raise awareness of the importance of the preservative free drug called, Methotrexate. (a drug that helps children fighting cancer) This medication has been in short supply for some time, and we decided that we would contact the congressmen of all 50 states, as well as President Obama, to inform them of the issue. Another goal was to help families who are affected by childhood cancer. To do this, we planned many events to raise money for cancer research and financial assistance for families. Our goal was to raise at least $1000 for a foundation called “Alex’s Lemonade Stand” which focuses on finding a cure for childhood cancer, and providing funds to help families as their child endures treatment. Another goal was to raise $150 for the Ronald McDonald House Charities.

by thumperella14 on 7/15/2012 10:59:42 AM

I am volunteering at my local library and local animal rescue league

by 6ftsunshine:) on 7/15/2012 9:45:05 AM