AN HOUR AGO Obsessed with Jane makeup like we are? Then you’ll def want to check out this #BeautyBlowout: http://t.co/98vG84Nw7G

15 HOURS AGO It is never too soon to start thinking about fall fashion! Here are some of our favs: #GLStyle http://t.co/ur0KcH2S0v

16 HOURS AGO #Quiz: Is you friend a real friend? http://t.co/KiJFbS0la7

COMMENTS

Going on vacation with my best friend was a disaster!

My family invited my best friend to go with us on vacation. I thought, “Wow, this is going to be so much fun!” Wrong! My mom...

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
i told my BGF something sort of personal about my family and he said he was there for me but he wasnt as understanding as he usualy is??? why???

Hey girlie,

Try not to be offended! Remember that your BGF has his own life - he has worries, can get busy, and might really care but might show it in a different way. He could've been distracted and didn't even notice that he reacted differently! If you still want to vent, try talking to him tomorrow about it and being straight with him. Say something like, "I'm so sorry if this is bothering you, I just really feel like I need to talk about it and get it off my chest. Do you mind?" That way, if he's distracted or doesn't want to talk about it, he can say so <3 And if that's the case, don't take it personally - you can just find another friend to lean on for this sitch!
Lauren C.

by picklegrape on 8/3/2012 12:42:44 AM

My best friend as been my best friend scence we were 3 years old. These days she has been getting on my last nerve. The last time we hung out she was really rude to me. I try to not let it get to me because i have it better then her. This year was a true disaster in her family. Her parents got divorced, they put her house on the market and her uncle got really really sick. I didn't have a great year either. My grandfather almost died around Christmas and my dad owns a company now and has to save money so we are on a VERY script budget. Its all coming along for my family now. My grandfather is no longer sick. My dad is making a great salary right now. For her family its only getting worse. I feel sorry for her but its not excuse to be someone she's not. We share everything together and I'm not staring to trust her as much. As i said before my family had to go on a budget and hers didn't. She would brag how many vaca's she going on that year. While my family was suffering. Please help!!

by bridget.murphy134 on 8/1/2012 12:03:01 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I have a friend who is pretty annoying a lot. Whenever I go to her house she asks me when am I leaving right when I get there. I say "Do you want me to leave?". She'll say no, but she always says that! Also, when I'm at her house and she's at mine, she always wants to do what SHE wants. How do I tell her how I feel about asking me when I'm leaving in a nice way, or how can I do things I sometimes want to do without being greedy like her? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Try not to pick a fight, but calmly assert yourself when stuff like this happens. If you're at her house, she probably just wants to get an idea of how long you'll be there (or maybe her mom wants to know so she can plan for dinner, etc.) - try not to take it personally! If you're constantly doing what she wants to do, try to suggest mixing it up and doing something different this time. Say something like, "Oh, we just did that the other day. Let's watch a movie instead!" That way, you're showing her you don't want to do what she suggested without starting a huge fight <3
Lauren C.

by iloveonedirection! on 7/29/2012 10:46:56 PM

mod mod mod!!
what does mod mean? kind of a dumb question, but I really wanna know

It means "moderator" - that's me and the team of older girls who answer all your Qs and approve your comments/clubs on GL.com Smile
Lauren C.

by nutmeg814 on 7/27/2012 12:40:52 AM

MODMODMOD!!!
Ok, so almost a week ago, me and my ex best friend stopped being friends. I've been fine, just only because I don't have to worry about being slammed with things by her. What I mean is that if I told her something that happened to me that I thought was cool (ex, my comment made it in a tyleroakley video) she just tells me that it's retarded. Anyways, a couple days ago I was on oovoo when I got a message from her. She told me that she wasn't mad at me, but she was sad we weren't friends. And she apologized tons of times on Facebook, instagram, twitter, ect. So should I accept or not. I feel like my heart says yes, but my brain asks me if I wanna go through all the stuff she's done to me again. Please help. I dont know what to do.

Hey babe,

I think you need to talk to her in person, often an apology doesn't mean as much when it's not face to face.  It will also give you a chance to see how you feel and maybe even talk to her about how she makes you feel when she shuts you down like that.
Jordan S.

by Beca:p on 7/23/2012 8:58:47 PM

Help! I've known my best friend for almost twelve years, but recently she's started hanging out with another girl so much that she whispers alone with her and talks more to her than me. It hurts alot. I don't want to be jealous of the other girl, but I really need her as my friend. Her birthday's coming up and I work all that day so I probably won't get to say hi to her in person or go to a party, but I wanted to get her something special...I just don't know what...?

by allamericansassylassy on 7/23/2012 12:00:54 AM

Hey JustinBoots7, well you did the right thing by writing to me. Us moderators are here for you girl! Whenever you're going through something and you feel like there's no one to talk to, reach out to us. My email is lynaepindell@yahoo.com, send me a message if you need help ok? And dont beat yourself up for calling your bro those names. Every brother and sister get into it at least once. Trust me I have a younger brother so I know lol. Just apologize and let him know you love him and didn't mean any harm. One thing that may be good for you is writing your feelings down. Jotting down your thoughts is a good way to release some of the emotions going on inside of you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My brother was diagnosed with ADHD a few weeks ago, and I don't know what to do. I feel so guilty fro all the times I called him a name and stuff, and I have been really sad, and have cryed alot about it. I don't have any friends to lean on because we moved again, and I have a sister, but me and her dont have teh best relationship because in the past she has excluded me from her and all her friends, adn been REALLY mean to me. I know shes trying now but its kinda hard to get over because she really really, hurt me, and Its hard to get over something so quickly. Plus my dad got the swine flu a year back, and was in a COMA for weeks, and in the hospital for months, and my other brother was diagnosed witha rare disease and has gone through three major surgeries. We have moved about seven times, adn I have no friends right nwo. All of this is just really hard to deal with alone, and I really need someone to talk to. Please help Lynae P.

by JustinBoots7 on 7/21/2012 1:14:21 PM

my brother can be so annoying and im mean to him so he is mean to me. i dont want to be mean to him but i dont want my parents to think i love him so much.

by battey100 on 7/19/2012 2:18:30 PM

There is this guy at my summer camp who is really really really really cute and my friend are good friends with him but everytime I try to talk to him I just fade into everyone else or can't find any words to say anything. I am also good friends with his sister. Help please!

Hey girl! Sounds like you know what you need to do: speak up!  Try striking up a conversation with him one on one or with a good friend who knows you like him.  She can give you the opportunity to talk about yourself with him.  Talk about things you like or what your favorite part of the day was.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by 1Dlove513 on 7/19/2012 12:24:12 PM

I need help my mom's brother(uncle) came to live with us but he's kinda a freeloader! He has long distance calls which cost alot and he stays in his room all day and is always on my laptop I let him use it it February when he first came and now I use it once a week! He makes too much food for himself and either leaves it out to rot or wastes it and throws it away. My Dad is getting annoyed by him too but my dad is very hard to read and my parents get mad easily so I don't wanna say anything especially because he's my mom's brother but he's twenty one and acting like a 10 year old, my baby brow likes him but he's getting on my nerves and he makes me uncomfortable. I know I have to share but he wants everything I have! He came from Africa and I'm not saying send him back but I just don't like him being around HELP!!!!

Hey girly! Talk to your uncle, and let him know that you don't mind sharing your laptop, but you two need to work out times that he can use it (like 4-6 everyday or something of the like).  You can control what he does with your stuff, but the other things are out of your control.  Try to coexist with him and if things get really bad, tell your mom your concerns.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.