Bridget M.

is modding

3 HOURS AGO 3 ways to look adorably preppy this holiday: http://t.co/urNiJo8PPo

6 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

7 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

COMMENTS

Going on vacation with my best friend was a disaster!

My family invited my best friend to go with us on vacation. I thought, “Wow, this is going to be so much fun!” Wrong! My mom...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I had been hanging out with the same three girls since second grade(now going into 8th) and this past year 2 other girls decided they wanted to join our little group and we said of course but those other two girls(the new ones who just joined) started causing problems and drama, they would tell lies about me and talk about me behind my back, By the end of the year they had that entire group convinced that I was mean. One day when I got to school they told me I wasn't good enough to be friends with them anymore. I have been ignoring them and I went and found new friends, did I make the right decision or should I forgive them?

Hey girlie! I answered this question a few times, so check it out on one of the other posts you put it on! xoxo

Kate G.

by Taylor243 on 8/24/2012 10:59:04 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Hey girl! Talk to your older friends alone and tell them your concerns.  If they don't support you, I say you were totally right to find new friends! You can forgive them and be friendly without being friends with them. xoxo

Kate G.

by Taylor243 on 8/24/2012 10:58:06 AM

Ugh! Who wants a friend like that? So inconsiderate!

Hey I can't stand you
Cuz your so messy
And really selfish
It's upsetting mommy

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/20/2012 5:17:50 PM

Wow, if I had that kinda prob. I would just flip out, Literally.

by Rainbow♥123 on 8/20/2012 5:04:36 PM

I need advice! Help!!

by khdogs on 8/13/2012 9:43:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hi! All of my friends have big boobs & I feel really left out because Im only a 32 B :/ Are there any ways of getting bigger boobs? Like drinking more milk or something? Thankss

Hey girl, be proud of what you've got. There are good things about every boob size. And there isn't anything you can do to make yours bigger, so learn to love 'em.
Carrie R.

by junior on 8/8/2012 5:00:48 PM

MOd! MOD MOD!!!
(continued from previous comment)
Then, today she popped up on facebook chat ONLY to tell me that some guy had kissed her & she really liked him. I don't think this is good for her, but I acted supportive of the idea, so that maybe she would start talking to me again. I really do care about her, and I don't want this guy to break her heart and shatter her selp confidence even more! (she brings people down to boost herself up--its sad but the only way she knows how to deal with her insecurities) She's not the same girl-- she's boy~crazy, she wears way too much makeup, she doesn't want any pictures of herself that are even slightly goofy on her profile. She's hanging out with snobby people. I don't think it's good for her. What do I do, and how do I tell her gently that I disapprove??? Please help.
Thank you so much!

Hey girly I didn't see your previous post, but from what I can gather you have a friend who has changed a lot.  It stinks that she isn't the girl you became friends with, but keep in mind everyone develops at a different pace.  If she's ready to kiss and date, even if you don't think she should be, it's her choice.  All you can do is be there for your friend.  Eventually, she might calm down and get a little goofy again, so don't worry too much. xoxo  Good luck!

Kate G.

by sasquatchlove on 8/6/2012 1:43:46 PM

oh and how do you become a mod? and also is 12 old enough to be a mod?

Hey girl!

Most of the mods are interns who are in high school or college. But we do have some opportunities for younger girls so check out this link!

Rachael A.

by pandasrock292 on 8/6/2012 12:09:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
okay so im ny school there are different groups. i am not the most popular girl, so i have a limited amount of friends. Well last year, (well in 6th grade, im going into 7th grade now) two of my friends, i will name them Anne and Kayla for there privacy, left me out constantly. Like i wouldn't be surprised if Anne chewed the food and Kayla swallowed it. Well this has been happening every year and it really hurts and they didnt even notice. Like there was a party that we had in our class and i spent the whole time sitting next to them while they struck up an hour long convo. thank god it ended but i cant trust them anymore. im scared to trust people because this happens more than once a year. I got a new friend (lets just say her name is Linda) and she respects me more than Anne and Kayla. I really want to get back at Anne and Kayla and become really close with Linda. I feel that it is the wrong thing to do but I REALLY want revenge. HELP!

Hey girl!

Don't try and get revenge on Anne and Kayla! You could end up jeopardizing your new friendship with Linda if you use her just to get back at them. That's not right. I totally understand that you're feeling angry about how they've left you out over and over again. You have a right to be mad. But the best revenge is to show them that you're moving on and really don't care. If you and Linda get along great and you two respect each other, hang out with her as much as you want. You don't have to forget about Anne and Kayla altogether, though. You can still hang out with them. You don't have to leave them out just because they left you out. Be the bigger person in this situation. That's the best thing you can do.

Rachael A.

by pandasrock292 on 8/6/2012 11:26:00 AM

I have never really had any friends till 4th grade when i met my BFF. I love her like a sister but lately things havent been the same. She has gotten very rude and easily bored. Its really annoying. Shes also spolied which makes matters worse since when she comes to my house we have to do alot of things by ourself. It is just to much work for me to hang oout with her. She has also been hanging out with new friends, who i absolutely dislike (and she knows it). My other friends also agree and we all think we are growing apart. What to do??

by khdogs on 8/4/2012 4:30:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
i told my BGF something sort of personal about my family and he said he was there for me but he wasnt as understanding as he usualy is??? why???

Hey girlie,

Try not to be offended! Remember that your BGF has his own life - he has worries, can get busy, and might really care but might show it in a different way. He could've been distracted and didn't even notice that he reacted differently! If you still want to vent, try talking to him tomorrow about it and being straight with him. Say something like, "I'm so sorry if this is bothering you, I just really feel like I need to talk about it and get it off my chest. Do you mind?" That way, if he's distracted or doesn't want to talk about it, he can say so <3 And if that's the case, don't take it personally - you can just find another friend to lean on for this sitch!
Lauren C.

by picklegrape on 8/3/2012 12:42:44 AM

My best friend as been my best friend scence we were 3 years old. These days she has been getting on my last nerve. The last time we hung out she was really rude to me. I try to not let it get to me because i have it better then her. This year was a true disaster in her family. Her parents got divorced, they put her house on the market and her uncle got really really sick. I didn't have a great year either. My grandfather almost died around Christmas and my dad owns a company now and has to save money so we are on a VERY script budget. Its all coming along for my family now. My grandfather is no longer sick. My dad is making a great salary right now. For her family its only getting worse. I feel sorry for her but its not excuse to be someone she's not. We share everything together and I'm not staring to trust her as much. As i said before my family had to go on a budget and hers didn't. She would brag how many vaca's she going on that year. While my family was suffering. Please help!!

by bridget.murphy134 on 8/1/2012 12:03:01 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I have a friend who is pretty annoying a lot. Whenever I go to her house she asks me when am I leaving right when I get there. I say "Do you want me to leave?". She'll say no, but she always says that! Also, when I'm at her house and she's at mine, she always wants to do what SHE wants. How do I tell her how I feel about asking me when I'm leaving in a nice way, or how can I do things I sometimes want to do without being greedy like her? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Try not to pick a fight, but calmly assert yourself when stuff like this happens. If you're at her house, she probably just wants to get an idea of how long you'll be there (or maybe her mom wants to know so she can plan for dinner, etc.) - try not to take it personally! If you're constantly doing what she wants to do, try to suggest mixing it up and doing something different this time. Say something like, "Oh, we just did that the other day. Let's watch a movie instead!" That way, you're showing her you don't want to do what she suggested without starting a huge fight <3
Lauren C.

by iloveonedirection! on 7/29/2012 10:46:56 PM

mod mod mod!!
what does mod mean? kind of a dumb question, but I really wanna know

It means "moderator" - that's me and the team of older girls who answer all your Qs and approve your comments/clubs on GL.com Smile
Lauren C.

by nutmeg814 on 7/27/2012 12:40:52 AM

MODMODMOD!!!
Ok, so almost a week ago, me and my ex best friend stopped being friends. I've been fine, just only because I don't have to worry about being slammed with things by her. What I mean is that if I told her something that happened to me that I thought was cool (ex, my comment made it in a tyleroakley video) she just tells me that it's retarded. Anyways, a couple days ago I was on oovoo when I got a message from her. She told me that she wasn't mad at me, but she was sad we weren't friends. And she apologized tons of times on Facebook, instagram, twitter, ect. So should I accept or not. I feel like my heart says yes, but my brain asks me if I wanna go through all the stuff she's done to me again. Please help. I dont know what to do.

Hey babe,

I think you need to talk to her in person, often an apology doesn't mean as much when it's not face to face.  It will also give you a chance to see how you feel and maybe even talk to her about how she makes you feel when she shuts you down like that.
Jordan S.

by Beca:p on 7/23/2012 8:58:47 PM

Help! I've known my best friend for almost twelve years, but recently she's started hanging out with another girl so much that she whispers alone with her and talks more to her than me. It hurts alot. I don't want to be jealous of the other girl, but I really need her as my friend. Her birthday's coming up and I work all that day so I probably won't get to say hi to her in person or go to a party, but I wanted to get her something special...I just don't know what...?

by allamericansassylassy on 7/23/2012 12:00:54 AM

Hey JustinBoots7, well you did the right thing by writing to me. Us moderators are here for you girl! Whenever you're going through something and you feel like there's no one to talk to, reach out to us. My email is lynaepindell@yahoo.com, send me a message if you need help ok? And dont beat yourself up for calling your bro those names. Every brother and sister get into it at least once. Trust me I have a younger brother so I know lol. Just apologize and let him know you love him and didn't mean any harm. One thing that may be good for you is writing your feelings down. Jotting down your thoughts is a good way to release some of the emotions going on inside of you. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My brother was diagnosed with ADHD a few weeks ago, and I don't know what to do. I feel so guilty fro all the times I called him a name and stuff, and I have been really sad, and have cryed alot about it. I don't have any friends to lean on because we moved again, and I have a sister, but me and her dont have teh best relationship because in the past she has excluded me from her and all her friends, adn been REALLY mean to me. I know shes trying now but its kinda hard to get over because she really really, hurt me, and Its hard to get over something so quickly. Plus my dad got the swine flu a year back, and was in a COMA for weeks, and in the hospital for months, and my other brother was diagnosed witha rare disease and has gone through three major surgeries. We have moved about seven times, adn I have no friends right nwo. All of this is just really hard to deal with alone, and I really need someone to talk to. Please help Lynae P.

by JustinBoots7 on 7/21/2012 1:14:21 PM

my brother can be so annoying and im mean to him so he is mean to me. i dont want to be mean to him but i dont want my parents to think i love him so much.

by battey100 on 7/19/2012 2:18:30 PM

There is this guy at my summer camp who is really really really really cute and my friend are good friends with him but everytime I try to talk to him I just fade into everyone else or can't find any words to say anything. I am also good friends with his sister. Help please!

Hey girl! Sounds like you know what you need to do: speak up!  Try striking up a conversation with him one on one or with a good friend who knows you like him.  She can give you the opportunity to talk about yourself with him.  Talk about things you like or what your favorite part of the day was.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by 1Dlove513 on 7/19/2012 12:24:12 PM

I need help my mom's brother(uncle) came to live with us but he's kinda a freeloader! He has long distance calls which cost alot and he stays in his room all day and is always on my laptop I let him use it it February when he first came and now I use it once a week! He makes too much food for himself and either leaves it out to rot or wastes it and throws it away. My Dad is getting annoyed by him too but my dad is very hard to read and my parents get mad easily so I don't wanna say anything especially because he's my mom's brother but he's twenty one and acting like a 10 year old, my baby brow likes him but he's getting on my nerves and he makes me uncomfortable. I know I have to share but he wants everything I have! He came from Africa and I'm not saying send him back but I just don't like him being around HELP!!!!

Hey girly! Talk to your uncle, and let him know that you don't mind sharing your laptop, but you two need to work out times that he can use it (like 4-6 everyday or something of the like).  You can control what he does with your stuff, but the other things are out of your control.  Try to coexist with him and if things get really bad, tell your mom your concerns.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by luvmusic244 on 7/19/2012 5:07:57 AM

thanks mod! Smile

No problem, girl! Smile
Carrie R.

by Bootsie753 on 7/18/2012 2:29:51 PM

MOD MOD
i did explain that when i apologized but still neither of them will talk to me. I still talk to lenny but shes at camp this week so i cant talk to her, and liz and james were my only 2 good friends other than her..i dont know what to do with out these people theyve been my bff's for so long. :/ should i find new friends or wait around for liz and james or what?

Gosh, I'm sorry about that, girl. That's so weird that they would suddenly not wanna be your friends. Well, it definitely wasn't your fault at all, so unless they're willing to forget about it, there's not much else you can do. Try hanging out with other people for a while, and maybe you'll find that one of your other friends is good BFF material.
Carrie R.

by Bootsie753 on 7/18/2012 2:14:27 PM

im having some problems with a few of my friends lately..4 of us were gonna hang out at a carnival last week and we were all pumped for it. then last second my BFF "Lenny" canceled and she and i are on good terms, but the other 2 i was supposed to go with, not so much.. "Liz" and "James" were the other two i was gonna hang out with, but when we got there, james ditched us, and so it came down to me and liz. liz found a bunch of friends that i didnt know and spent the whole night totally focused on these other people and not even talking to me. then she yelled at me for being anti-social and she found james and goes "make her be social!" and james gave me a funny look and walked away. its been 2 weeks and neither james nor liz will talk to me at all even though i apologized (not sure what i did but i apologized) i feel so alone, they had been my closest friends..now idk what to doooo??????

Hm, that sounds like a weird sitch, girl. Did you try explaining to your friends that you were just shy because you didn't know the people they were hanging out with? Ask your friends to hang out again, and tell them that you were having an off night if they bring up the carnival. They shouldn't judge you based on one evening, so hopefully you can all hang out again and you can show them how much you really like being around them.
Carrie R.

by Bootsie753 on 7/18/2012 2:04:21 PM

I have no idea what to do! I meet this boy like 2 years ago, we dated like 5-10 times. We are recently dating but I keep seeing pictures on Facebook with him kissing another girl and some post of him saying he loves other girls. I talk to him about it and it tells me he is just helping them he their bfs jealous. but I get angry I feel worthless compared to them. Plus we never see each other because I'm not allowed to date yet, so we never have time for each other what should I do!? PLEASE HELP!

Hey! I think it's time to dump this guy. Making you feel worthless is a quality no boyfriend should have, no matter what.

Helen S.

by Rainbows_rawr on 7/17/2012 8:29:52 PM

I've been getting really annoyed laltey by everything! Like what my family says or does. and it drives me nuts! How can I realse my stress? PLEASE HELP!

hey! yeah i've been there. I think after a certain number of years living with your parents starts to get to you and you just drive eachother crazy. my advice is to spend time out with friends. it'll make coming home less trying.

Helen S.

by Rainbows_rawr on 7/17/2012 7:57:26 PM

My mom invited my best friend that lives far away that visited to come with us to Wisconsin for a family reunion. When she came it was THE WORST EVER.

by Gabriella123 on 7/16/2012 10:29:09 PM

my best friend is really changing these days.she is blurting out my personal secrets,planning horrible things on me,and she always involves me in her problems.what should i do?shes driving me crazy!

Hey chica, maybe it's time you took a step back from your bestie for a bit. Don't be mean, but if you can hang out with her a li'l less often, that could help you tolerate her better when you do hang out. And if she's telling your secrets and hurting your feelings, tell her that (nicely and in private, of course). She's your bestie - you should be able to tell her what's on your mind.
Carrie R.

by hot mess on 7/16/2012 6:17:10 AM

Sometimes if being nice doesn't work you might want to say something like that-not to harsh, but something like, "You really need to pick up after yourself. I'm sorry, but I asked and you didn't listen. So I had to say that." That wouldn't be to bad.

by lovelydays111 on 7/14/2012 10:13:05 PM

Hey guys come join my club royal advice. I need officers that can help give great advice. And anyone who need totally amazing advice on ANYTHING should definitely join. Plus check out my advice queen page! <3

by cali princess on 7/14/2012 5:39:34 PM

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by heather99 on 7/14/2012 2:04:39 PM

but sometimes saying "hey you're a slob-pick up after yourslef!" is so much more effective.

by ohheyitsjennyy on 7/14/2012 1:25:27 PM

@horsie9000- The article is in the category In the News under the Advice column. Since this article is a bit old you will have to press READ MORE at the bottom of each page(not the one under each article!)The article is called- Kids these days- Smart n' Savy or not so much? And the video is called Lunch Scholars. Hope this helped! Laughing

by Pistachio Queen on 7/14/2012 10:38:25 AM

I made a club called Love your life! Here's what it's about: This club is basically about what's going on in your life and where to come if you need advice or just need someone to talk to! Smile Anything, fashion, school, growing up,and much more!!! Smile please join and spread the word! To find the club just go on clubs then click on the category new and you'll see love your life! I still need a treasurer, secretary, and a VP!!! So please join and leave a comment when you go on the club and tell my me what you want to be and why. Thanks

I also have a club called Ariantors which is if you are a fan of Ariana Grande! I also need a treasurer, secretary, and VP! Basically do the same for the what I said for live your life! Thanks

These are the first two clubs I have ever made and I appreciate it if you read all this and joined them! Smile

by PeaceKool on 7/13/2012 10:52:51 PM

Hey girls Smile

Sometimes, MODs get SUPER busy answering everyone's questions and can't answer yours. But you can always come to me Smile I can give advice on:
Boys
Death/loss
Summer camp
Fears
Your bod
Self-esteem/confidence
Recipes

And any other advice you need! Please don't be afraid to ask because I promise I will not judge you and give you an honest answer to your question. I also check GL almost every day so I guarantee a speedy response! Im also here if you need someone to talk to. So what are you waiting for? My profile is a click away Smile

by xXMissBehavedXx on 7/13/2012 10:33:24 PM

Hey girls! So this year I REALLY want to join dance, but I've never done it before. I haven't told my mom that im into it, and usually my mom is easy going, but whats a good way i can explain it to her? I'm scared that she'll say no

Hey girl,

Tell your mom all the reasons you love it and why its important to you! Your mom wants you to be happy Smile
Meghan D.

by EliseLovesMagazines on 7/13/2012 10:06:50 PM

yah, some of my friends i would never dare take somewhere lol

by beaner826 on 7/13/2012 10:06:21 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD
So this is kinda random but there was an article published here a while ago where this guy went around asking trivia questions to kids in his school about things like politics and geography, and they failed at answering. I was wondering if you knew which article this was? i cant find it! Thanks

Hey girl,

I have scrounged the site looking for this article, but I can't seem to find what you're looking for. Sorry!!

Meghan D.

by horsie9000 on 7/13/2012 10:00:41 PM

MODMODMOD
Ok so whenever one two of my friends hang out i get super jelous especially when they talk about it! I hate feeling like this and i wish i could get it and not feel bad but i do! DO u have any advice on how not to? Thanks in advance.

Hey girl, try talking to them about it. They might not realize they're excluding you! If they still don't let you join try hanging out with them separately.
Meghan D.

by rachelnrocks on 7/13/2012 9:56:12 PM

I'm sorry that happened. ALL gals can relate to that sitch.

by Christiangal345 on 7/13/2012 9:32:07 PM

I made two clubs today(one that had to do with Ariana Grande and other basically about your life) If you want to be an officer or something then leave a comment on my profile and tell me why you want to and let you know once my clubs are approved!Smile Hope you join!!! Smile My profile is being moderated too, but hopefully it will be available tomorrow!

by PeaceKool on 7/13/2012 7:51:18 PM

by PeaceKool on 7/13/2012 7:49:26 PM

I'm going on vacation with one of my BFF's but I fortunately won't have to worry about this because she's a germaphobe & neat freak ;)

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 7/13/2012 7:03:59 PM

?questions about your body? your crush? your studying? anything at all? im here join my club!

also looking for people to help run it spread the word its a new club and need people thanks<3

xoxox

by lilliebeans on 7/13/2012 5:57:17 PM

Wow the girls in that picture are beautiful!

by Augie on 7/13/2012 5:32:50 PM