2 HOURS AGO Do you think smoking is a big deal? http://t.co/wRmpH82b03

5 HOURS AGO 5 ways to remix your salad routine: http://t.co/ritxTtorOn

6 HOURS AGO 5 furry friends you need to follow on Instagram ASAP: http://t.co/PVxAb5RkaE

COMMENTS

The real reasons fresh fruit 'n' veg rock

Everybody says that fruits and veggies are best fresh, but why exactly is that? If you’re eating greens in any form, that should be enough, right? Here’s...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD Smile
I need help eating healthier this school year. It used to be that my school lunches always consisted of this: PB&J, chips, fruit and grain bar, cookies. I want to eat fresh fruits and veggies and eat healthier desserts and sandwiches. I don't usually have a really big appetite. How could I replace my lunches and make them healthier? I'll be exercising 30minutes to an hour almost every day, and so far my goal is to lose some fat off of my stomach and to maintain a healthier weight. Please help me! Thanks in advance! Smile

Hey! check out these healthy recipes! http://www.girlslife.com/category/eat-right.aspx

Helen S.

by Mariposa911 on 7/24/2012 7:31:27 PM

MODMOD
Why arent any of my questions getting answered lately?LOL

by pinkcoconut on 7/23/2012 5:11:41 PM

MODMODMOD!
About how many NETcalories should I be eating/day? I work out about 1-1.5 hours per day. Because I have been eating around 1200 and seen no results in the past couple months. So how much is good for me? I am 13 years old and around 5 2" -if that matters.
Also, I am having a problem where I lose like 1-2 lbs in a week, but in the next week, i gain it all back. So basically no results in the past 3 months!!!!!!!! Frown

Hey girl! You need to be taking in twice as many calories as you are per day.  It might seem strange, but when you take in as few calories as you are right now, your body assumes you are starving and starts to build up fat from any calories you are eating.  If you eat around 2,000-2,200 calories a day, however, your body has just enough calories to function properly (which is doesn't now) and then, when you work out, you are burning fat that your body has stored (on your thighs, tummy, and anywhere else).  Besides that, you are still growing, so your body is going to want even more calories.  As long as you are sticking to the healthy stuff, eat about 2,200 calories a day and keep working out.  xoxo

Kate G.

by pinkcoconut on 7/23/2012 4:27:40 PM

I like to eat fresh fruits right from the farmer's market and veggies the same way- or from the store. I like eating my veggies with lowfat ranch- perf for packing in my lunch for school!

by Ekgurl on 7/16/2012 8:52:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Hi! I'm trying to eat healthier to slim down. I'm really into eating healthy, with lots of fruits and veggies and not many processed foods. I make meal plans and food logs to help me eat low calorie. The problem is, I can never stick with it. I have a major sweet tooth. I love candy and treats. I crave sugary stuff and all the time and then I always give in. The cravings are really bad when I do my homework. The problem is, my dad has a sweet tooth too, so he is always buying candy and sweets, and eats it all the time in front of me. How can I eat healthier, cut down on sweets, and not give into cravings?
Thank you mods you guys are so nice!!

Hey! You are so welcome, we love to help y'all out Smile Hope this helps! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/03/19/Nix-the-after-school-snack-attack.aspx

Helen S.

by JoshHutchersonLover on 7/16/2012 5:38:55 PM

i have a kind of weird problem. i have the worst trouble sleeping, like last night i didn't fall asleep until 7 am and i slept until 2 pm. this kind of thing always happens, but tomarrow i have to get up at 7 to babysit until 2 or 3, and i'll have to do that for the rest of the week. i really don't know what to do!! i was thinking of trying 'ZZZQuill' (i guess its a sleeping aid from the brand that makes dayquill) but would that be bad for me since i'm only 13? i'm taller than my mom though, so idk if it would hurt me... please help soon!!!!

hey! Talk to your mom or doctor before trying any medication, also try some of these natural remedies Smile http://www.girlslife.com/tag/i-cant-fall-asleep.aspx

Helen S.

by guitargirl7321 on 7/16/2012 5:11:53 PM

Okay so I have this friends and his name is Nick. We used to be best friends in 2-6th grade. But this year he's become super popular and he won't talk to me anymore. I really miss him because he's super funny and sweet but he doesn't care about me anymore. What should I do?? I still want to talk to him and hang out with him but he won't. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Hey girl, it can be really tough when friends decide they don't have time for you anymore. Have you tried being honest with him about it? Either get him alone or call him up sometime, and just tell him straight out that you miss having him as a friend. If he still wants to be your friend, hopefully he'll make more of an effort to include you in his plans. But if you've tried inviting him to hang out multiple times and telling him how you feel but he's still not paying attention, you might just have to move on for a while. Friend circles change, and people grow together and apart over the years. You never know when you two will grow back together, and until then, maybe you'll find someone even better to hang with.
Carrie R.

by wakeboardchick7 on 7/16/2012 2:23:03 PM

I love fresh fruit raw in a bowl with a touch of sugar! I love raw veggies tossed together in a fresh salad! YUM!

by colorqueen101 on 7/16/2012 2:19:20 PM

This is kind of trivial, but what color backpack should I get? I want to get a color that would match pretty much everything, but because I'll start out using it in winter I don't want it to be boring and blah. Thanks!

Hey chicky, to match lots of things, your best bet is a primary color (red, yellow, or blue). But pretty much any standard solid color will look good with lots of outfits. If you've got a winter coat, you could see what works with that and go from there.
Carrie R.