6 HOURS AGO Bust out a brand new you! How, you may ask? We have all the answers right here!: http://t.co/hC70M42weR

7 HOURS AGO Who run the world? Girls (& tampons)!: http://t.co/sF2jsA3yCU

7 HOURS AGO RT @Amber_Montana: Thanks for including me in your magazine this month @girlslifemag! pic.twitter.com/i536Du2w8k

COMMENTS

The real reasons fresh fruit 'n' veg rock

Everybody says that fruits and veggies are best fresh, but why exactly is that? If you’re eating greens in any form, that should be enough, right? Here’s...

Mod mod mod
Hey! I have bad metabolism. Frown But I was wondering if there were some ways to boost your metabolism. Thanks!

Hey chicky, one of the best ways to boost metabolism is to build more muscle by lifting weights. The more muscle you have, the more calories your bod will burn. Also, make sure you're getting enough sleep and eating right. Omega-3s (found in fish) can boost metabolism, too, and if you eat 5 or 6 small meals throughout the day instead of 3 large ones, that'll also help.
Carrie R.

by Foreverme3 on 7/16/2012 3:48:06 AM

Thanks for this article. I love it.

by carinaamina on 7/16/2012 12:59:35 AM

**********READ THIS RIGHT NOW**********
Do you absolutely <3 The Hunger Games? well, if you do, join my club: Hunger Games Trilogy Lovers!!! I will update whenever i'm on GL Smile Most positions still open!!!! (no excuse not to join, it's only a few small clicks away.)

by loppyears12 on 7/15/2012 7:40:39 PM

I prefer to eat fresh fruits and I like to eat veggies either raw or grilled.

by supersingershannon on 7/15/2012 5:32:46 PM

Here is a good cause (a page on FB). It's a page called "Hold A Child's Hand". If you like the page, you will be helping us out a BUNCH.
There were many goals we wanted to accomplish with our project. One of our goals was to raise awareness of the importance of the preservative free drug called, Methotrexate. (a drug that helps children fighting cancer) This medication has been in short supply for some time, and we decided that we would contact the congressmen of all 50 states, as well as President Obama, to inform them of the issue. Another goal was to help families who are affected by childhood cancer. To do this, we planned many events to raise money for cancer research and financial assistance for families. Our goal was to raise at least $1000 for a foundation called “Alex’s Lemonade Stand” which focuses on finding a cure for childhood cancer, and providing funds to help families as their child endures treatment. Another goal was to raise $150 for the Ronald McDonald Charities.

by thumperella14 on 7/15/2012 11:04:58 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Okay, so some girls in my class always eat full chocolate bars, doughnuts, Arizona tea, and at Starbucks they always get a "grande" drink with cookies, caramel, and a bunch of whipped cream. I normally try to eat pretty healthy and work out a lot. But they are SOOOO skinny! Why do you thing this could be? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Chances are, that's their metabolism working for them! (Metabolism: your body's ability to break down food and get energy from it. The faster your metabolism, usually the skinnier you are.) Some girls are sooo lucky because they can eat and eat, and they still stay so skinny. But the truth is, that won't last forever - your metabolism slows down as you get older, so it's really smart that you've already developed healthy eating/exercise habits. You'll be one step ahead when their bodies change later on and they're shocked because they can't eat all the "junk" they once loved Smile

Lauren C.

by swimmichicki on 7/15/2012 8:42:34 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I HAVE REALLY noticeable hair above my lip. My mom wont let me remove it
Or bleach it. How can I make it less noticeable?

Hey girlie,

Whatever you do, DON'T shave it! It's a totally bad idea - so if you can't wax or bleach it, you'll have to get a little creative to make it less noticeable. First off, don't constantly look at it in the mirror. No one else is going to be zooming in on your lip hair and staring at it as much as you are - so no one else is going to think it's as bad as you think <3 Also, don't keep using concealer to "cover it up." The makeup will actually call attention to it, so skip that step! Instead, try using bold pops of color on your lips to call attention to your actual lips, not the hair above it. A pretty coral, fuschia, or bubble gum pink lipstick would be perf for summer Smile Another way to help ya feel more confident is to highlight your eyes. Use eyeliner or a bold eyeshadow to really emphasize your eyes, leaving your lips natural with a nude lip gloss or lip balm. Then all the attention will be drawn to your eyes!

Lauren C.

by kittykove2 on 7/15/2012 8:31:41 AM

Hi! I really want to take lunch with me to school because the cafeteria food is terrible. I like lunch boxes, and people won't make fun of me if I take one to school with me. The problem is that my school bag is a neon pink satchel. It won't fit my lunch in it. I don't want to carry my lunch box and school bag seperately though. I don't know why but it annoys me to do that. Thanks so much!!!

Hey girlie,

I used to carry a plain brown bag with my lunch in it! It's a casual way to bring your lunch to school (no teasing!) and it also won't get all smushed in your satchel Smile

Lauren C.