11 HOURS AGO You want dermatologist-approved skin—here's how to get it at home: http://t.co/QnHOyrxeqe

14 HOURS AGO Are good things comin' your way? Check your #horoscope to see: http://t.co/X0oqJA2AV2

15 HOURS AGO Betcha didn't know flaxseed could do this: http://t.co/BVSiatO8sk

COMMENTS

Welcome to the saving generation

Congrats, babes, on learning how to handle money problems. A recent survey by TD Ameritrade found that “generation Z,” which includes people from 13 to...

I'm a saver. I just feel weird spending money on things I don't need. Smile Since I was really young, like 5, my mom has been saying before you buy something, first think: Do you REALLY need it? If you truly need it me or your dad will buy it for you. And if it's a want, how long will you use it? Is it worth the money you worked hard on earning? Will it really be useful? When I was like 9 I wanted a lot of things, but I bought a lot less of them because of that advice.

by ivy shimmer on 5/30/2013 4:37:38 PM

I usually save money when I have something planned to buy. Other times I just don't buy anything because I have nothing to buy, but I will buy random things when I have enough money and I'm not saving.

by Goldforever on 3/3/2013 11:09:27 PM

I save tons of money by going to my local thrift/resale shops...If you find the right one, there's lots of brand name clothing without the huge cost! I like the resale shops that sell clothes for teens the best...there's one near me where i have found lots of brand name shirts and jeans for like...6 bucks!!!

by peace&luv09 on 8/4/2012 10:00:21 PM

Hey iWillWrite, you could have a yard sale or donate some of your clothes and shoes to a thrift store. Check out Wal-Mart.com for some cheap graphic tablets. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MODMODMOD
So I'm looking in to buying a laptop. The ones I'm looking at are around 300 to 500 dollars. Right now I have around 250 and my sister is thinking about helping pay too. And I water my neighbours plants. Is there any other ways to make money quickly (maybe even before summer's over?). I'm already looking in to baby sitting, so I need more ideas. I will do just about whatever I need to. I am a writer and an artist so I also want the computer for that.
P.S. Do you know any good 'drawing tablet' things that are cheap? They're the ones that hook up to the computer. Thanks,
iWillWrite Lynae P.

by iWillWrite on 8/4/2012 3:19:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
HELP I WANT TO SAVE MONEY TO BUY A REALLY CUTE PURSE .
how do i start??

Hey girl! Start by putting aside half of everything you get.  If you get money for your birthday or an allowance, put aside half towards the purse. Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by jaxsmin on 8/1/2012 12:34:35 PM

Oh, yeah, go generation Z! I have about $500 dollars in the bank and I earned it all from babysitting and winning a writing contest.

by pinkbubblegum98 on 7/23/2012 9:55:15 PM

yay! us generation z's are finally getting credit and not being put down for being spoiled and lazy!

by girlygirl22werock on 7/19/2012 4:57:31 PM

@fallsb-ball hey i do that saving plan, and i know firsthand that it's SUPER effective! haha all of my friends say i'm a cheapskate cuz i hate spending money. Smile

by livvirox12 on 7/18/2012 4:17:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
so i really want to buy 2 things that are about $30. i really want to get an ihome for my ipod, the cheapest is $30 and i also really want to get a pet fish wich food, fish, tank and everything is also $30. i never get money, wich should i get and, how can i get more money (it took 2 yrs to get $20)? there arn't any little kids in my neighborhood and when i do get jobs i get really under paid the last time i was paid $10 for watching 4 kids for 3 hrs! HELP! (i am not greedy)Smile thankx!

Hey! personally, I would get the ihome, because it's less of a responsibility ;) http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/06/20/Cant-find-a-summer-job-Create-your-own.aspx

Helen S.

by favcolorgreen on 7/17/2012 6:53:53 PM

Need advice on things like boys, mean girls, fashion and just plain embarrassing things? Then join girls ONLY VIP, we give advice on anything and everything about being a girl! So join today! There are a few positions open!

by PeaceKool on 7/17/2012 6:28:42 PM