AN HOUR AGO Check out GL's #TurkeyDay playlist:

2 HOURS AGO Celebs like @rowblanchard and @Raini_Rodriguez have us *so* thankful this Thanksgiving:

3 HOURS AGO The best (and worst) foods to eat this #Thanksgiving:

Welcome to the saving generation

Congrats, babes, on learning how to handle money problems. A recent survey by TD Ameritrade found that “generation Z,” which includes people from 13 to...

WAIT! so if they are generation Z then what am i?? negative A?!

by WhiteStripe3 on 7/17/2012 4:28:49 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I need to raise $55.00 by this Monday!!! Oh, and, um, I'm on vacation.

Hey Girl--

Are you on vacation with your parents? If so, can they pay you to do small chores while on vacation-- like going to the store and making lunch? although $55 is pretty steep. Can you borrow the money from your parents and promise to pay it back?

good luck

Simone S.

by Sarah510 on 7/17/2012 3:42:31 PM

I heard about this trick that everytime you get a $5 bill, stash it away and in a couple years it'll all add up.

by fallsb-ball on 7/17/2012 3:23:25 PM

OK, I'm 12 so this doesn't really apply to me, but I rock at saving. I'm the youngest and only girl of 3 kids, and my mom always comments on my saving. I usually only buy what I need. Or really, REALLY, want. But it's still fun to buy a few things I just like sometimes. Also, at places like Target, buy from the $1-5 sections. You'd be surprised at the fun stuff in there.

by silverroseart on 7/17/2012 11:41:19 AM

I'm 14... should I have a plan? I have $350 saved up in a bank, and I consistently have about $60 with me at home and in my wallet. idk really what to do about confused

Hey girl! Talk to your parents about how much you'll be expected to pay for when it comes to college.  That will let you know if you need to be planning this early or if you can wait awhile.  xoxo

Kate G.

by parischick2 on 7/17/2012 11:36:58 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to know something. my dream is to live in japan. i'm slowly learning the language and i am really into the culture. do you think my dream is a little out there? and if not, what are some refrences i can use to get started?

Hey girl!  Living in Japan sounds like an awesome dream, and there are lots of ways to get started.  Think about going abroad in high school or college- there are lots of options (including Japan).  You'll be able to get a taste of the culture and get better at the language.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by fashionvamp123 on 7/17/2012 10:51:18 AM

I scour my closet about every two months for things that don't fit, that have gotten stuffed in a corner, that I never wear anymore, and then sell them to Plato's closet. It's a really awesome way to get an average of like $15. And if you manage to do frequently it adds up.

I also save my coins, which add up really fast.

by svds on 7/17/2012 10:49:27 AM

Ok so I kinda have a little crush on one of my guy friends. It's not like we're best friends or anything so I'm not having the whole BGF crisis going on, but we are friends. He tells me EVERYTHING about who he likes, asks me for advice, and sometimes asks for help delivering a message to the girl he likes since I'm really good friends with her. Recently he told me he stopped liking her, and started liking someone else. And he won't tell me. A friend of mine says that he obviously likes me but I don't wanna jump to conclusions. So we joke a lot, talk a lot, and never run out of things to say to eachother. Do you think he could like me? Or am I jumping the gun??? UGH!!! WHY DO BOYS HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED????

Hey chica! Sounds like he likes you, especially if he's told you everything before but won't 'fess up now.  Why not let him know that you're crushin'?  He might be inspired to make a move if he knows you're interested.  xoxo

Kate G.

by floridagrl123 on 7/17/2012 10:41:42 AM

Whenever i get money as a gift, or I recently earned it, I take half and put it in this envelope that my mom keeps.I'm not allowed to take money from it unless for a MAJOR emergency. I admit sometimes you wanna have all the money, but I'd rather buy less now so I can worry less later. Smile

by floridagrl123 on 7/17/2012 10:37:10 AM

Like the page on Facebook: "Hold A Child's Hand"! it's for a really good cause!

by thumperella14 on 7/17/2012 10:21:47 AM

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!