AN HOUR AGO Check out these Disney stars' big girls day out (that included dress up and Star Wars): http://t.co/AKBnyijP4P

16 HOURS AGO 5 steps to follow in a friend fight: http://t.co/kh28xT5dTJ

17 HOURS AGO Magical school dance moments we heart from movies: http://t.co/B8F8A0Ukhs

COMMENTS

5 fun things to do with your sibs

When all your gals are off at camp and you’re stuck at home with the fam, what’re you supposed to do to keep boredom at bay...

I have an older brother who NEVER wants to do ANYTHING with me. Boys...

by beccaburra on 3/3/2013 5:34:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's this really sweet/funny guy who I have so much in common with that's always flirting with me. Problem is he's in 9th grade and I'm in 11th. I know the age difference is to weird for a relationship to work but am I weird to enjoy flirting with him?
He's mature for his age (he's so smart he's in a lot of junior classes)..he's actually ahead of me in math. Anyway, just seeking advice on what to do....he's the only guy that's liked me for a while now and I'm finding it really sad that the only guy that likes me is one I can't be with..idk but if you have any advice or opinions, I'd really appreciate it.

Hey babe,

The truth is, age differences in high school are a huge deal because of maturity. Everyone does an insane amount of growing up in those four short years, so it can be difficult to relate to a freshmen when you're say, a junior. BUT, that doesn't mean it's impossible. It's not weird that you like to flirt with him-- flirting is fun! Just don't toy with his emotions if you know nothing will ever happen between the two of you. Xoxo

alexis g.

by Maggie183 on 12/20/2012 9:20:00 AM

i <3 my siblings(sometimes) Smile

by kyra678 on 12/16/2012 7:16:03 PM

MOD
ok so this morning i woke up and looked for my phone. and i couldnt find it. it turned out my mom had it and was looking thru my texts! :O i have nothing to hide, but i still think my privacy was invaded. what should i do?

Hannah H.

by belieber8797 on 9/3/2012 1:48:13 PM

why is it that my family baby's my brother? Im 12 he's 10 and my sister is 8 so hes the middle child not even the youngest! my sister is tuffer than him because of this! the other day he had a tempertantrum (i remind you hes 10) because we didnt have anything he wanted for lunch and he was kicking and screaming and crying. Plus my mom and dad will give him something in return for going to his hockey practice like money or buy him something. This morning he goes up to me and says "i got to layer my slushy after hockey" so i complained to my mom and she didnt do anything! and he kept saying he earned it and i told him so? i work hard to memorize my songs for glee and learn lines for acting and learn the dance steps i need to know yet he thinks he works hard. what do you think should he not be getting this stuff or should we all be or what? i think i could at lease get a good job but my dad had to miss some of my preformances for hockey.. sorry this is so long

Hey girl, your bro could be getting special treatment 'cause he's the only boy in your fam. I know that's not exactly fair, but you have to remember that he and your dad are a bit outnumbered. So just try to be understanding, and enjoy the fact that you can motivate yourself to work hard without needing rewards. That'll get you far in life, and maybe your bro will eventually learn to follow your good example.
Carrie R.

by amr6 on 8/14/2012 8:44:07 AM

MOD MOD
Ok so my mom is leaving to go to Aruba this saturday with some family. I'll be home alone with my dad but he and i dont really talk much. He works from 5 a.m. till 5 or 6 p.m. I'm not allowed to leave the house while my p's arnt home and im not aloud to have friends over. What r some things to do during the day by myself? I may also go to my gp's house to see my uncle and his fiance or i may go to work with my dad one day. Also what r some things tht i can do with my dad while my mom is gone so tht he and i have a closer bond. Also my parents arnt divorced its just tht im around my mom more during the day and i get along with her better.

Hey girl!  Some time alone is the perfect time to catch up on some reading or maybe work on a cool DIY project! As for your dad, try suggesting easy things to do together, like making dinner or watching a movie.  Have fun! xxoo
Maggie P.

by Avalon on 7/19/2012 2:05:16 PM

i could never get my 19 year old sister who is in college to be an accountant to be silly.

by kpianoplayer on 7/19/2012 1:27:19 PM

Sorry But just saying On #1 when they say it wo't cost you a cent, Have they Ever Heard Of A WATER BILL???????

by maggiebowl on 7/19/2012 12:20:29 PM

HEY YOU, YESS YOU GUESS WAT!!
VOTE FOR CIMORELLI IN THE TEEN CHOICE AWARDS AS THE CHOICE WEB STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES RIGHT NOW!!!

LOVE THE CIMFAM

by tampagirl<3 on 7/19/2012 12:08:03 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!!!! I babysit my little bro and sis every week for five days. (oh lord) im too young to drive so i cant like take them to the park and my parents dont want the both of them in the pool when they arent home so do you have any other outdoor stuff they can do? Thanks!

Hey girl!  You can do fun things like one legged hopping races and backward on all fours.  Or, try these awesome activities:

xoxo

Kate G.

by heyhihello3 on 7/19/2012 11:17:25 AM

MOD MOD
k so im babysitting my lil bro. His attitude is my way or the highway which means he won't do anything i want to do with him. How do I get him to do what I want to do sometimes? thx.

Hey girl, Set up a deal- you'll play trucks (or whatever your brother likes) for an hour, but that means he has to do what YOU want.  Give him the opportunity of playing quietly by himself and letting you do your thing.  If you like reading, put his fav movie on and zone out with a new book.  xoxo Good luck!

Kate G.

by kewauneegal on 7/19/2012 8:37:51 AM

Awesome ideas!! Smile

by fallsb-ball on 7/18/2012 4:25:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I share my room with my twelve year old sister who is stubborn and a slob. I ask her to clean up her messes but she never listens. Also, I can't have my room all my stuff and all my design. A girl's room is supposed to be their place to relax. I'm always sad when I see my friend's room because they all have their own rooms. How can I keep my individuality and keep it clean? Thanks!

Hey chica, that's tough, but it's actually great practice for when you head off to college. Because it's pretty likely you're gonna be sharing a room, at least for your first year, and you may not be completely happy with who you end up with. So the best thing for you to do with your sister is to divide your room evenly, and just try to focus on your side. Ignore her side completely, and pretend it's not there. Talk to your parents, and see if they'll help you enforce the rule that you and your sis each stay on your respective sides. Then you can do whatever you want to your side, and forget about hers.
Carrie R.

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 7/18/2012 3:40:27 PM

Like the page on Facebook: "Hold A Child's Hand"! It's for a really good cause. Every like is greatly appreciated! Smile

by thumperella14 on 7/18/2012 12:58:49 PM

Me and my sibling just play multiplayer games on our wii when we are bored.

by DiamondSharks on 7/18/2012 12:21:53 PM

Need advice on things like boys, mean girls, fashion and just plain embarrassing things? Then join girls ONLY VIP, we give advice on anything and everything about being a girl! So join today! There are a few positions open!

by snagmonkey on 7/18/2012 11:02:58 AM

by snagmonkey on 7/18/2012 11:02:31 AM

☆★☆ Hey There! Do you need some advice? ☆★☆
♫ If you do, then you should Ask Us! Join our club ♫
☀ At Ask Us, we give advice on everything! ☀
♥ Join Today ♥
*Includes: Great Advice*

by WinnieGirlie on 7/18/2012 11:00:49 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
My friend now ALWAYS wants to talk about s_x! I know girls start talking about that around this age, but still, there is a point where I want to say "Ew. I dont need to know THAT, don't tell me!" but that is the only thing she wants to talk about. Now she doesn't want to do anything fun or talk about anything else other than s_x! I kind of want to find a new friend because I have said "I miss the way we used to hang out." and nothing works. What should I do?

Hey chica! It's never fun when your friend is obsessing about anything, and I'm sorry she won't listen to you begging her to cut it out.  If she's really buggin' you, cut down on the time you hang with her.  Call up other friends and see what they're doing.  It might be a phase, so don't ditch your girl, but you shouldn't have to spend all of your time talking about a topic you don't like.  xoxo Good luck!

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/18/2012 6:24:20 AM

When I'm bored, I like to ride my bike and go for walks with my sibling.

by supersingershannon on 7/17/2012 10:46:07 PM

Hey Girlies,

Like to read? Join the club, T.R.I.O. We read 1-2 books a month, and the best part is YOU get to pick what we read. You can find the club on my profile. Join soon.

by dancethenightaway on 7/17/2012 8:15:25 PM

Hahahha all of these sound terrific except my brother is 24...

by Acutiebookworm on 7/17/2012 7:48:53 PM

MOD @ Helen S.
Hey again! Thx for ur answer- it does sound kinda complicated... I think it would be a good idea to wait a couple years (while practicing baking) till im about 16 and then work in a real bakery. However, I was also thinking about tutoring younger kids in math when skool starts back up cuz im a good student. But I'm just nervous that the first tutoring session would be... awkward. I wouldn't know where to start. Any tips would help a ton! Thx again Smile

Hey! I think the key to being comfortable teaching someone is to understand your roles. It can be uncomfortable to teach a peer because you're so used to joking around with them and because usually you're both students. You're providing them with help so just remember that and it'll aid you in being more professional.  work towards goals with them and talk to them about what THEY want to get out of the session. If you keep it about them, you guys can work together to help them improve and and that'll put less pressure on you to be the "teacher." It's ok to be friendly and joke a little, but if it goes too far or gets distracting just remind them that the less time you guys study, the farther they are from their goals. good luck!

Helen S.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 7/17/2012 6:20:34 PM

by PeaceKool on 7/17/2012 6:15:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD Sorry to be bothering you so mutch but this is an issue so my mom said to stop bickering with my brother but how ? If u could get back to me with games that we could play and ideas like that thx in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

hey! Here are some games, but that's no guarantee the fighting will cease. siblings bicker, it's part of life. I think the best way to avoid it is to be unendingly patient with him. For some kids, getting into a fight is the whole point. They love to see their siblings get all huffy. My cousin loved to upset his little sister all the time until she stopped caring/ getting mad at him, and just wanted to hangout with him. He was like, "well that's no fun" and he stopped bugging her.

Helen S.

by TSfan#1 on 7/17/2012 5:12:29 PM

Ok, so I have 2 questions:
1. This is gonna sound stupid, but what does FTW stand for??
2. I'm really good at baking and want to make some extra money, so a baking business would be ideal. But how do I make it... well, into a business???
Thx MOD!!! Smile

Hey!1) That's not stupid at all! It stands for "For the win!" example: "Tacos in the cafeteria FTW!" You say it when something awesome happens. 2) well starting a business is very complicated and not something I know too much about. At such a young age I would suggest practicing your skills and starting a baking blog or giving/ selling treats to friends and family. However, if you really are committed to starting a business this young, You'll need to figure out how much money your supplies will cost, how many baked goods you want to make per week, where you want to sell them (will you have a stand by your house, will you start a website and ship to your customers?) Last, but no least you'll need to design a brand and logo for your business and allow more money for advertising. good luck!

Helen S.