Bridget M.

is modding

7 HOURS AGO 3 ways to look adorably preppy this holiday: http://t.co/urNiJo8PPo

10 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

11 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

COMMENTS

Pack the perfect vacay beauty bag

Remember Hermione’s carry-all beaded handbag? If only we could carry our entire makeup collection around with us in one classic little black bag this summer! But because...

What is lip/cheek stain???

Hey girl! Lip/cheek stain is makeup that is meant to last a bit longer than normal lipstick or blush. It's light and tints your lips and cheeks the same color. You can find some pretty cheap kinds at the drugstore to test out if you're super curious!

xo

Taeler L.

by wesdelwarrior on 12/20/2012 7:31:22 PM

I want that shampoo so bad! It probably smells really good!

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/13/2012 7:15:31 PM

Hey gals join BeAuTy for fashion advice!! Its a new club just starting up and it is super cool!! I post two fashion tips a day and i am avaible anytime with any questions you have Smile hope to see you there!
X - rae

by butterflygirl14 on 8/12/2012 7:00:39 PM

mod mod mod
none of my coments have been showing up at all lately. what should i do?

Hey girl!

We have to approve every single girl's comments before they show up on the site, so that could be why you're not seeing them right away. We have tons of comments to go through so it takes a bit of time!

Rachael A.

by myth_lover on 8/6/2012 11:34:47 AM

Hey momo221, the key here is comfort. Wear something you can relax in on the long flight. I would suggest leggings a tank and sandals or sweatpants and a tee shirt. Hope this helps and have a great trip! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!! I am going on vacation in a few days but I don't know what to wear to the airport/plane. Do you guys have any suggestions? BTW, its a 14 hour flight. Lynae P.

by momo221 on 8/4/2012 10:08:48 AM

Hey! Hate to spam a bit, but I wanted to invite you all to check out my club: Fashion, Etcetera! I provide reviews, advice, recommendations, and everything you need to know about beauty and fashion. I just created this club, so I am looking for a VP, Treasurer, and Secretary. See you there!

by Morgan_A on 7/31/2012 10:39:47 AM

hey guys please join my makeup club called miss makeup diva.It shows you tips and good products. Please join

by mommy's girl on 7/26/2012 8:57:40 PM

MOD MOD
Many of these products use animal testing. Animal testing is a cruel and unnecessary practice that is used for cosmetic products. I know you probably don't write these articles, but could you try and only feature non-cruelty products, or pass it on? It would be awesome if GL did that. Smile

Hey girl! We love animals here at GL, and we'd love to feature animal cruelty free products only, but unfortunately, products that are cruelty-free tend to be more expensive.  We try to feature products with a range of prices and of good quality, and sometimes that means we have to deal with a company that test on animals.  We'll try our bet to feature more products that are cruelty-free in the future! xoxo

Kate G.

by maiziemae15 on 7/26/2012 9:30:09 AM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Hey MODS! I'm sorry I have been taking up your time with my constant questions. I have a couple more problems if they are not too much. I know you guys are awesome when it comes to style. How do you style up a school uniform?

Hey! No trouble at all, we mods are here to helps ya! i know GL has some articles on styling up a uni. I 'll look some up! http://www.girlslife.com/tag/uniform.aspx

Helen S.

by transform2314 on 7/23/2012 5:12:33 PM

I really like this idea, but what about a hair brush, and tooth brush ect.? Where would I fit those?

by Kittycat99kmb on 7/22/2012 11:11:28 PM

Hey wunnerfly made, for eye makeup it may be best to start off small. Try wearing mascara first and see how well you do with that and then you can advance to eyeliner and eyeshadow. Watching someone apply makeup will probably help you more than reading a list of instructions on it, so head to YouTube for some tutorials. Type "applying simple eye makeup" in the search box for good directions. Burts Bees acne solution works well for me so check that out. It has natural stuff like leaves in it, so that might be better for your skin. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD!!!
so i need a little help.. im not so good with make up.. and the only thing that goes on my face sumtimes is lip-gloss.. or eyeliner and eye shadow..
how do i create a gr8 eye look? annnnnddd.. i have blackheads..is there any natural remedy to get rid of them? ive tried St.Ives and other stuff,,but they're still there.. products with salcylic acid and benozyl peroxide dry my skin terribly.. thanks Smile Lynae P.

by wunnerfly made on 7/21/2012 3:41:41 PM

how do i look? beautiful.

operationbeautiful.com

by billabongbabe997 on 7/21/2012 3:10:47 PM

Hey girls!
You've got a guy problem? Bad hair cut issues? Got in a fight with your buds? Family annoying you? Need a place to vent? Well you're in luck then. I'll be sure to be here for you through it all! Just go on over to my advice queen page and leave a comment! I answer every question fully and honestly! If my answer leaves you with even more questions, ask away!

xx
Nightless

by Nightless on 7/21/2012 3:34:23 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
I don't know why but around the edges and under my eyes always seem to be red- it always looks like i've been crying or something!!! It's sooo frustrating!! Is there some type of makeup/beauty product that could hide this redness?!?!? Please help!

Hey cutie,

First of all, you might not be getting enough sleep! However, if you're getting around 8 hours a day, you may just have allergies that are making your under eyes red. Try placing some light concealer (any brand) underneath your eye that will cancel out the redness. You can put concealing powder on top as well. Talk to your parents/doctor to see if you might have an allergy that is causing this.

Catherine C.

by Justmecheyenne on 7/20/2012 10:54:21 AM

MOD MOD
Ok, so I've been tryin to be super healthy lately. I've always been fit, I run and lift weights but still have some 'cushion' over what I know could be a six pack lol. So I've been trying to drink more water, eat 3 healthy meals etc but my family is sabatoging me! They get mad when I don't eat dinner if I'm full from healthy foods and they make cookies and cobbler etc. every week, even thoguh theyre 'trying to be healthy' too! Help!!

Hey girlie,

You gotta use your self-control on this one! I know it's not easy but, just because there are cookies and cobbler around does NOT mean you have to eat them. Be firm with your family and tell them that you're full. It's great that you want to get healthy, so stay strong - tell them you ate __ for breakfast, ___ for lunch, and ___ for dinner. Tell them you're working hard to live a healthier life and you need their support. Basically, be honest and firm about your choice to act healthier. As long as you actually are eating a healthy well-balanced diet, feeling full and content is totally possible so they have nothing to worry about. Stay strong and don't cave to the sweets if you don't want to indulge! It's no one's choice but your own Smile
Lauren C.

by Surfergurl97 on 7/19/2012 11:55:39 PM

◉Do you need some advice?◉
At ♥Girly♥Advice♥, we give advice on all girl problems!
⦿Like... Boys, Friends, Growing Up, Mean Girls, Periods...⦿
And a lot more! Whatever you ask, I'll answer!
★Of course, with the best advice I can give! Join today!★

by WinnieGirlie on 7/19/2012 9:34:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi mod! Ok so tomorrow's my 13th birthday and i'm going to the melting pot for dinner, it's kinda dressy so I wanted to dress up a little and show everyone i've grown up. I have a few dresses, a rainbow betsy johnson one, a black sequined one and a plain black one. Any clothes/hair/makeup ideas? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

If you want to give off a mature and classy vibe, I would go with the plain black dress! Simple and chic Smile Try pulling your hair into a sleek high ponytail and keep your makeup natural with a little twist - a cat eye eyeliner, a red lip, sparkly gold eyeshadow, etc. (Just pick one!) I think that'll be the perfect way to give off the "grown up" vibe you're looking for!
Lauren C.

by Stuff_lover on 7/19/2012 6:22:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD I am supposed to get braces on August 15th but I found the Damon system which I know GL did a contest for. I did a little research and they seem smaller, more comfortable and a little bit less visible than traditional braces. I also found that my Orthodontist offers the Damon System. How can I ask my Mom, Dad and Orthodontist about switching to these instead? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Try printing out the info on the Damon System and bringing it to your parents. Tell them you've done some research on it and it seems like an interesting option (then tell them what you like about it, aka they're smaller, less visible, etc.). Give them time to read over it and then ask if you can bring it up with your orthodontist, to get his/her professional opinion and see if it could work for you. Remember if you need really serious straightening, you might have to go with the normal, stronger braces - everyone's different and different options will suit them more/less than someone else. So make sure you communicate with your orthodontist about all your options and you'll be in great shape!
Lauren C.

by 15hayhay on 7/19/2012 5:54:26 PM

MOD
there's this girl in my grade and she's not very nice. i got the lead in the school play last year (and one of the leads the year before that). and my mom helps with the school play. this girl always tells me stuff like how people say i only get the leads because of my mom (even though she was my same part in last years play). she tells me about people who hate me and what they say! my boyfriend kept flirting with her last year. she always brags about what an amazing singer is and how she's going to be famous. her parents love her and sent her to this expensive summer camp across the country. she said to me "when i am famous, you can be my songwriter" even though she knows i want to act too. Everybody thinks she's amazing. It's so hard because i want to act when im older too! my (trusted) friend said that she was at a sleepover with her and she said that "I was too short" and that "I only get the parts because of my mom" . I'm sorry if this is really long but i need help!!

Hey girl,

Ugh, mean girls. The best thing to do with that type of girl is to simply ignore. I know it might be super frustrating and difficult to ignore her mean comments, but if you let it all just pass over your head and truly don't listen to her, she should eventually back off. If she realizes that she's not bothering you, she might get tired of it...believe it or not it takes a lot of energy to be mean to someone. Hopefully those around you will start realizing her mean girl demeanor if she continues the mean comments while you take them with a grain of salt. Kill her with kindness, be super nice that she'll HAVE to stop.

Catherine C.

by toadie101 on 7/19/2012 4:08:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was wondering if I could become a MOD. I'm 12 and live in the state of Texas. Is this too young?

Hey girl! Mods are interns that work at the GL office in Baltimore.  You can apply to be an Advice Queen on our website Smile xxoo
Maggie P.

by iluvmusic♥ on 7/19/2012 3:19:03 PM

*MOD MOD MOD*
im a beginner and wanted to know what color(s) of eyeshadow goes good with brown eyes and a tan skin tone??

Hey girl!  I love to use brown eyeshadow with my brown eyes to add dimension.  At night, I'll use warm gold shades also.  Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by MyLifexx14 on 7/19/2012 3:13:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MODDDD!!
please help! i'm going on a second date tonight to the movies. it's gloomy out today, has been raining off and on, but still a tad warm. please help me find an outfit tonight! he's normally a casual dresser, so i need something cute, but not too dressy or anything. please give me a few suggestions for outfits! thanks!!!

Hey girl! Sounds fun!  I would pair shorts with a sweater and some jewelry.  A sweater is a must for the cold movie theater.  Have fun! xxoo
Maggie P.

by username#1 on 7/19/2012 2:57:05 PM

whats a good concealer for beginners thats cheap?? how am i suppose to apply concealer to my dark circles? also how can i reduce my dark circles? i always get 8-10 hours of sleep every night so why do i still get REALLY DARK circles! THANKS! Smile

Hey girl! Some people just naturally have darker circles than others but its totally easy to cover them!  Try going to your local drugstore and looking around.  Find a color that's just a little bit lighter than your skin to use as concealer and apply it lightly under your eyes with your finger.  Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by sugar7410 on 7/19/2012 2:16:55 PM

Need babysitting help? Join the club Sitters in a Stitch to get all the help you'll need! You can also post on my profile, and I'll answer those questions too!

by may2030 on 7/19/2012 1:58:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Please answer ASAP! When i put my hair up or down, i have flyaways. Im going on vacation so i have to put my hair up because its going to be a 100+ degrees where im going. How can i fix my flyaways? Also on a airplane what would be confertable to wear going throught an airport. Shorts or a skirt, im wearing a sheer white tank. Thanks!

Hey girl! Try using a tiny bit of hairspray on your fingers to smooth back your flyaways.  I prefer shorts or pants (like yoga pants, so comfy!) on a plane.  Have fun! xxoo
Maggie P.

by CheerUrHeartOut on 7/19/2012 1:49:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay, so I feel like an awful friend. My friend, let's call her Z, has just decided recently that she's going to be anorexic and now is. I'm trying to help her, telling her that you can die from that, but she has such low self-esteem that she just doesn't care and would do anything just to lose 5 pounds. I told her that she needs to get help from her parents and that if she didn't tell them, I would, but she said if I told anyone our friendship would be over. How do I help my friend? I know that in the end, I should tell her parents her situation and that I'm helping her, so she needs to understand that. I'm really sorry for the length, I just need to get my thoughts out there. How should I help her? Thanks in advance and PLEASE answer fast!

Hey girl! Tell her parents.  It may ruin your friendship for a little while, but in the end you are saving your friend's life, and that's more important.  Tell her parents, your parents, or another adult who knows you both.  She might not realize how much you're helping, but you'll know it was the right thing to do. xoxo

Kate G.

by legallyginger12345 on 7/19/2012 1:09:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay, so I'm really nervous for Junior High/Middle School. This summer, I've made a LOT of new friends from different schools that will go to the same school as me in the new school year. The neighborhood I live in is really fashionable and wealthy and all the girls walk out of school looking like they were going to a fashion show, not school. I'm nervous about what fashion, and friends I'm going to have. I need help feeling more self-confident! Thanks in advance, please help me feel more self-confident and making new friends!

Hey girl! You've already made new friend who are going to your school, so don't worry about that!  Get together with some of your new pals and have everyone go through each other's clothes to pick out the perfect BTS outfit.  That way, you're bonding AND deciding what to wear.  xoxo

Kate G.

by legallyginger12345 on 7/19/2012 1:05:57 PM

Very useful, thanks GL Smile

by fallsb-ball on 7/19/2012 1:02:14 PM

i asked a question half an hour ago and it still hasn't shown up on the comments, do you know why?

Hey girl! We're super busy today, so we're moving pretty slowly through the comments.  We've probably answered your question by now! xoxo

Kate G.

by favcolorgreen on 7/19/2012 12:50:38 PM

Hey Everyone!
Just a tip from one makeup guru to another... While I love CoverGirl with my whole heart (my fav is LashBlast Luxe... mega awesome eyelashes with subtle sparkle), their waterproof mascara is not the best I've seen. If you want to try a really good one, try Urban Decay's Cannonball: Ultra-waterproof mascara. This is slightly more expensive as it is a very nice brand ($20 per tube), it is awesome and, unlike many waterproof mascaras, still gives you oomph while protecting you from looking like a racoon! It is especially good for beaches. Happy Summer dolls!

by cocoloco651 on 7/19/2012 12:45:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
so i wanted to hang out with my bff last week and asked if she could, she said yeah and since i was free the whole week i asked her to choose the day. when it was time for her to come over( since i had asked her over to my house) she texted me where i was and if i had left for her house yet. then we got into a fight because i had asked her over and all this other stuff. but then she texted me that she hated me and my mom and wouldnt let me talk to her for the rest of the summer, we had the sleep over but how can i get her to be less mad at me? thankx so much!!!!!!!!!

Hey chica! Sounds like you had a little tussle that got out of hand!  Apologize to your friend for the mix up and ask her if she wants to reschedule.  If she is still mad, give her time to cool off and then ask her to do something she loves to do (like go shopping or hit the new Batman flick).  She'll appreciate you reaching out.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by favcolorgreen on 7/19/2012 12:28:15 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Do you guys care about animal testing? Almost all of the makeup products you post about are tested on animals...

Hey girl! We totally care about animal testing at GL, but we also care about performance of makeup.  We would prefer if none of these products were tested on animals, but we want to make sure everyone is getting their money's worth, too! xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/19/2012 12:22:38 PM

HEY YOU, YESS YOU GUESS WAT!!
VOTE FOR CIMORELLI IN THE TEEN CHOICE AWARDS AS THE CHOICE WEB STAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES RIGHT NOW!!!

LOVE THE CIMFAM

by tampagirl<3 on 7/19/2012 12:12:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Do junior highs have some makeup restrictions? Such as no dark or dramatic makeup? Because I'm starting junior high next year, and I'm planning to wear a bit of makeup. And I'm also really scared for junior high. I'm worried I'll get lost, or won't make friends because I'm usually shy most of the time. Any advice? ThanksSmile

Hey girl! Most schools only allow natural looking makeup, which is the perfect look for school.  Don't worry about junior high, you're in the same boat as everyone else and your school will make sure you're comfortable! xxoo
Maggie P.

by cloudyday on 7/19/2012 12:05:15 PM

1- What are some ways I can show my mom I'm more civic-minded? No matter what I do she says I need to lay off the consumerism!
2- Also, if I bike 5 miles everyday 5 days a week until school starts, will I have noticeably different, stronger legs? Thanks Mod!

Hey girl!  Maybe try doing activities outside to show your mom that you're not focused only on tv and things like that.  This will also get your legs in shape!  Try lunges when you're running around outside. Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by svds on 7/19/2012 11:55:52 AM

MOD MOD
I'm getting braces next week, and I'm not sure how they will feel. I think I am very pretty and everyone else is too, but I am afraid of not looking good with them. Then there is colors.... AHHH! Can you help me with these multiple questions? Thanks in advance!

Hey girl!  I had braces when I was in middle school and I know what you're going through.  Thankfully, lots of people have braces!  I'm sure you're not the only one, so don't be worried about that!  You will look great with braces, and think about the cool colors you can pick from each time you go to the ortho Smile Smile big and get ready for beautiful teeth! xxoo
Maggie P.

by UnicornTeaddyBear999 on 7/19/2012 11:51:20 AM

Like the page on Facebook: "Hold A Child's Hand"! It's for a wonderful cause and every like benefits kids with cancer.

by thumperella14 on 7/19/2012 11:46:53 AM

georgetownroad-Hey Smile! I just wanted to say,those work great! But I'd only use them when you REALLY need them because they remove ALOT of oil which makes your skin produce even more oil then before thus causing ance. But I'd go for it.

by iluvmusic♥ on 7/19/2012 10:38:28 AM

☆★☆ Hey There! Do you need some advice? ☆★☆ ♫ If you do, then you should Ask Us! Join our club ♫ ☀ At Ask Us, we give advice on everything! ☀ ♥ Join Today ♥ *Includes: Great Advice*

by WinnieGirlie on 7/19/2012 10:02:23 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!! Please answer this with YOUR honest opinion. I'm shopping for a back to school outfit, and I already know what I want except for one thing. I'm wearing a gray cropped hoodie with silver sequins all over it, a gray cami under it, white flip flops with silver glitter, and silver sequin dangly earrings. I can't decide if I should wear a black ruffle skirt or black shorts, because #1 the skirt might be to short, and number #2 the shorts might be boring. Help!!!

Hey babe! Sounds lie the rest of your outfit is super fun and girly, so go with the shorts to keep things toned down.  No one will think the shorts are boring and it's important to stay comfortable and not wear something that's too short that you'll be tugging down (like a short skirt).  xoxo

Kate G.

by Sarah510 on 7/19/2012 9:56:10 AM

MOD MOD MOD! My friends are always telling me I'm fake because I wear makeup. I wear foundation, concealer, and all of the shabang. But not every single day. I don't wear fake eyelashes or anything yet they still call me fake. It hurts. Am I fake because of the makeup I wear? How can I get them to stop?

Hey girl! It's terrible that your friends are picking on you, and I'm sorry.  You aren't fake because of the makeup you wear, but I'm also sure you don't need ALL of that makeup.  Try skipping the foundation or using a powder instead of a liquid for a more natural look.  Tell your friends that what they are saying hurts you and that you aren't changing your face.  Wear makeup if it makes you more confident, but make sure you're confident in how YOU look, not in how your MAKEUP looks. xoxo

Kate G.

by Ekgurl on 7/19/2012 9:20:30 AM

Hey millia7,
I noticed no one answered you question so here's my two-cents worth...
Find a time when your mom isn't busy or stressed and calmly just ask her in simple way like, "Hey mom, I was wondering if I could start wearing makeup this year? I really would like your help picking out the right products." If she says no after you've asked her maybe give her some of your reasons(without whining, be mature). I know this seems like a big deal but once you do it, you'll feel silly for even worrying about it! Smile Goodluck!
XO -Alleigh

by Acutiebookworm on 7/19/2012 4:29:18 AM

Have you ever tried the Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing sheets? I wanna try them..but I here they can start acne. Thanks! Laughing

Hey girl!  I like to use blotting papers when my face gets oily, and I find that they do not cause acne.  However, everyone's skin is different.  Try them out and see what works for you! xxoo
Maggie P.

by georgetownroad on 7/19/2012 3:49:15 AM

Want to be on the big screen one day? Ache to be a singer? Wish you could model? We're the club for you. Lights, Camera, Action gives you advice on the best ways for you to snatch that career and start living your dream. Who says dreams are only for our heads? This club will also help you out in sticky situations, boys, friends, and inner beauty. Hopefully, we'll all meet at Broadway one day. Join my club, Lights, Camera, Action!

by pretty123 on 7/19/2012 12:49:40 AM

All amazing!! Smile I am like obsessed with make up. I have a friend who has the mascara and it is legitly waterproof!

by Acutiebookworm on 7/19/2012 12:49:29 AM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Then kiss your hands while still making the heart
4. Then put the heart where your real heart is
5. Tomorrow your crush will ask you out. This will only work if u post this to your favorite article

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 7/19/2012 12:45:33 AM

modmod how do i ask my mom if i can start wearing make up
thanksSmile