1 HOURS AGO This guy is the definition of the perfect summer crush: http://t.co/JoExgHz0cs

2 HOURS AGO What's your future hold? Check out this week's #horoscopes to find out: http://t.co/P7VmvJ6Y4B

3 HOURS AGO How to deal with a jealous best friend: http://t.co/5Wzr0mNveH

COMMENTS

Beat body acne: 4 steps to clear skin

Pimples on your back, chest and shoulders can make ya’ want to hide in long-sleeved shirts—even when the temps soar during the summer months. Here’s how to...

MOD!
Okay so I naturally have dry skin ever since I can remember. I use lotions that have really improved my skin. But an area I can't exactly reach is my scalp/: It's dry but it's not terrible like how most people automatically would think it is. Yes, I've tried a bunch of different shampoos (including a ton of Head and Shoulders!) %or a few years now but they are barely affective. What should I do?

Hey girlie! Just like you use a moisturizer on your face, you should use one on your scalp.  Get a hair treatment like Coconut oil (you can get it at health food stores) and massage it into your scalp half an hour before you wash your hair.  Then, once your in the shower, make sure you get it all out of your hair with shampoo (so it doesn't look greasy).  xoxo

Kate G.

by alexia_directioner<3 on 7/26/2012 2:18:15 AM

I need tips bad on getting rid of face acne!!!Frown

HELP ME! HELP ME!

Thanks Lots!!

by Imdoodlebug on 7/25/2012 2:23:40 PM

If you are outside and all sweaty when you come in make sure you wash your face really good.O.K.?

Oh. And do you guys have anymore tips on acne?If so plz tell!!

Thanks!Smile

by Imdoodlebug on 7/25/2012 2:20:20 PM

i have some advice for anyone struggling with acne. (i know i do.)
lately i've discovered that vitamin d is a good cure for acne. so things like milk, sunlight, and even supplements like i'm taking can help acne. it's worked for me, and i thought i should pass it along. hope it helps anyone who reads this. Smile

by llk719 on 7/22/2012 11:26:01 AM

you're too beautiful to wear makeup

operationbeautiful.com

by billabongbabe997 on 7/21/2012 3:07:02 PM

one word: stridex lol

by pinklol56 on 7/20/2012 3:46:33 PM

I can't seem to be able to get rid of any of my acne (face, back, sholdes, and chest)and I've tried so many soaps and creams. Please HELP!

Hey girl,

If you've tried everything, it's time to see a dermatologist. Talk to your parents about setting up an appointment. Dermatologists will specifically diagnose your acne condition and may prescribe special face washes, creams, and even pills that will totally clear you up!

Catherine C.

by beamerkitty on 7/20/2012 7:50:57 AM

i'm having a pool party and and need to ask a question for one of my non-gl friends. what if it's that time of month, but you're not allowed to wear tampons and not ready to anyway (so sneaking wouldn't work)? she's really upset, we've been planning on swimming for a while, what should she do? is there something you can do with pantiliners or something? i hope you can help!!!

Catherine C.

by the_last_ninja on 7/20/2012 7:22:04 AM

Hey Lauren C.! Would the brown spots still be freckles if it was once where a blemish used to be?? Thanks!! xx Catherine C.

by Jnndrt on 7/20/2012 2:11:55 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I spent all day yesterday kayaking and I'm pretty sure I'm a little burned on the face and it's bad because I'm on dermatologist pre scripted creams! I put on sunblock too! After get burned what happens? Do you like get brown spots? If yes, what can I do to get rid of it?? And I also have another problem :/ I feel like I have a teeny bald spot on the back of my head, you prob think I'm crazy trying to hide a teeny bald spot but is there some kind of treatment that stimulates hair growth? My mom says hot oil treatments work but I'm not sure... Please help!! Thanks! xx

Hey girlie,

You usually should put sunblock on and reapply every two hours. Since you didn't say you reapplied, that's probably why you burned. And those creams can make your skin even more sensitive, so you might need to reapply even MORE often than normal! Don't forget about that next time. For this time though, try using an aloe after-sun gel and keeping cool. You can't reverse the burn, so you kinda have to wait it out. Those brown spots are probably freckles, which come out with sun exposure but not sunburns. Usually with a burn, you'll be really red, then if it's bad enough the skin might peel after a few days. Don't pull the skin or peel it off - let it all happen naturally.

As for your hair, chances are it's just the way your hair grows. Lots of people have cowlicks, which makes their hair grow off in one direction - which can make it look like a bald patch. Try talking to your hairdresser about it! He/she can recommend a way to make your hair look thicker, a haircut to cover it up, or another option <3
Lauren C.