10 HOURS AGO Don't miss all the fun at Fash Bash 2014! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/hxOEzrhlmp

13 HOURS AGO 6 ways to revamp your fresh veggies: http://t.co/uVLIaiXDOB

14 HOURS AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

COMMENTS

Beat body acne: 4 steps to clear skin

Pimples on your back, chest and shoulders can make ya’ want to hide in long-sleeved shirts—even when the temps soar during the summer months. Here’s how to...

MOD!MOD!MOD!
I start school on the 7th and i have sience 1st peiord and this cute guy behind me is super cute and i think he likes me, but the problem is my acne! I want him to see differently with NO acne, my new makeup, my new outfit, and my new haircut! Do you have some fast and easy tips? if so plz tell me!
Thanks!
Love,
Imdoodlebug

Hey imdoodlebug, be sure you wash your face every day and night. You need an acne wash to get rid of the bumps. Try Burt's Bees acne solution, it's about $10 and see if it helps. Hope these tips work!! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by imdoodlebug on 12/28/2012 8:39:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I'm an athlete and sweat a lot during games and practice. i wear a regular bra and sports bra because i need to .. its tight and i get bad acne on my back and forehead. it's really annoying and i feel so ugly with it. i do my best to cover it up everyday but the makeup usually wears off. i've tried so many cleansers but none work for me. i get so embarrassed! please help!

hey girl! before you start practice or a game, make sure to take off your makeup, especially anything like foundation or concealer. when you sweat your pores open and anything on the skin will become trapped in them. also, always wash your face immediately after practice. don't even wait til you get home. it just gives the bacteria time to irritate your skin. also, look for something with a bit of benzoyl peroxide or salycylic acid in it. good luck!

Katie L.

by softball6 on 12/19/2012 2:49:11 PM

Hey, so would it be okay if I used two acne facial cleansers at the same time? Or will that really dry out my skin?

Hey girl,

You only need to wash your face in the morning and evening, so two cleansers probably isn't necessary. I would check with a dermatologist about what you're using--they can recommend the best cleansing routine for you!

Meghan D.

by dancinglily on 11/23/2012 9:22:43 PM

I have really bad acne on my face and i have tried alot of different cleansers like the wave sonic and some other ones how can i get rid of it.

by Iloveshadow17220 on 11/20/2012 11:23:23 PM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss the heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
Tomorrow your crush will ask you out
This will only work if you post this on your favorite article

by keyesalex on 11/10/2012 1:01:04 PM

I know this isn't really on topic but lately I've been having really chapped and red mouth area and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Hey! apply chapstick constantly. even if you feel like it's not helping just keep applying it, and don't rub or irritate your already chapped lips. good luck!

Helen S.

by keyesalex on 11/10/2012 12:59:31 PM

im sorry this isint the right catogory for this qeustion but here it is..........................im in 5th grade and i have a guy teacher.what if i get my p.....?what will i do? ireally need your help1thanks also i have another qeustion.i have been really moddy latley and i dont know why can you help me thanks you

by kmiddings on 11/2/2012 8:21:34 PM

i've had acne for over three years now, it used to be just on my fore head but now its on my shoulders, the tops of my arms, my cheeks, infront of my ears, on my nose.. i just want it to go away, my problem is i have oily skin but i also have dry skin. im not sure what to do because over the last 3 years i've tried so much stuff, eating healthy fruits and veggies that help your skin, not eating chocolate for three months, going outside less, taking showers every day, and they sometimes work for a little bit but then i get new zits and their starting to be really big and hurt, it just so hard to remember to do that stuff every day please help me!! i want to FINNALLY have a clear face!

Hey girly, I see that this must be pretty frustrating. Some simple acne tips: keep fingers, hair products and hair away from your face. Wash your pillow case regularly and throw out old makeup. Check this article  for when to trash old makeup http://www.girlslife.com/print/2012/10/18/Clear-skin-patrol-Time-to-toss-trashed-makeup.aspx

Wash your face everyday wish a face wash, not a body bar. I like neutrogena. And always wash makeup off before you go to bed. You already seemed to try a lot of things, so you might want to ask a parent about talking to a dermatologist (skin doctor) Your doc will be able to prescribe something for your skin or even give you free samples so you can see if a medicen works before you buy it. Good luck babe. I hope this works for you. xoxo
Lauren I.

by lilja on 10/29/2012 11:55:24 AM

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss the heart
4. Put the heart where your real heart is
Tomorrow your crush will ask you out
This will only work if you post this on your favorite article

by MichiMichi0037 on 10/6/2012 11:49:41 AM

My aunt is getting married within a week and I got this huge, painful cold sore! and this isn't the first time, i get them alot! whats a quick and easy way to get rid of um?!? and i mean FAST!!!!

Hey girlie, there are a lot of over the counter medicines for cold sores. They're supposed to get rid of cold sores in a couple days. And if you get them a lot it's probably good to have something on hand.

Lauren T.

by geekchicreader101 on 9/30/2012 5:36:33 PM

MOD MOD MOD What acne products are good for combination skin?

Hey girl! A lot of brands actually have products that are specifically made for combination skin. Check your local drugstore for products by Clean & Clear or Neutrogena that are labeled "combination skin"!

xoxo

Katie L.

by VictoriaBieberz on 9/28/2012 1:04:43 PM

how can i keep my hands off my face!! there allways an and there are always pimples! i do everythng and my arms orffull of acnee! help!

Hey popgirl79, just remind yourself to stop every time you feel yourself about to touch your face. The more you practice the better you will get. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by popgirl79 on 9/24/2012 12:09:05 AM

MODMODMODMOD
I have acne scars on my chin! Is there anyway to get rid of them? I heard it was possible

Hey Chica! Try a face mask every once in a while, you can make them at home too which is a lot of fun, just do it in the bathroom because it can get messy. Try this one: tablespoon each of yogurt, oatmeal and sour cream. Then, add a few drops of lemon juice in it and apply the mixture on face and neck. Rinse it off after about 15 minutes

Hannah H.

by skullhottie97 on 9/13/2012 4:21:43 PM

What helps remove bags? Any at home remedies?

Hannah H.

by VictoriaBieberz on 9/4/2012 3:56:39 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
I need major help! I have very bad skin and I need it cleared up! Plus, I can't buy anything but facial cleanser pads and I use them 3-5 times a day everyday! But my face is still a mess! Do you know any way that is cheap and that works? If so plz share! Thnx lots! Smile

Hannah H.

by Imdoodlebug on 9/3/2012 9:45:19 AM

DIY Facial Cleanser

Put about 2 tablespoons in a bowl. Add 5 teaspoons of sugar. Mix and add 5 teaspoons of cream. Mix well. It should look like really thick mud. Wash face and apply everywhere to face except around the eyes and rub it in your skin. It should feel scratchy and sticky. Leave it on your face for about 5 minutes. When your 5 minutes are up, wash off, and wallah! You have really smooth skin! Also, it prevents pimples. Laughing

by tinykitty1998 on 8/24/2012 11:32:13 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD
One of my friends invited me to this pool party. I said yes i would come. The next day, I have a huge pimple on my chin! Aaaaah! I already said yes so I don't want to cancel on short notice but, I don't want my friends laughing at it. Please hurry! The party is in 2 days!
Katie Jo

Helen S.

by fashion_bug on 8/20/2012 7:27:55 PM

ok so ive had acne on my back for 2 yeras now and ive tried pretty much everything... i just started using a neutrogena acne cleanser and it worked for the first week but then i started to break out again! i need your help!!!!!

Hey chica! Sounds like you might have sensitive skin.  Try something for sensitive skin (I love Simple brand stuff).  Don't forget to put "mod mod mod" on the top of your comment if you need help! xoxo

by luvinlife12 on 8/20/2012 11:05:03 AM

Lemon and sugar really helps the face go on Youtube and look the skin doctor:acne it really works so try it.

by hopie1215 on 8/15/2012 10:22:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD (Kate G.)
I went on the Target website & there are are a lot of different things for the Yes To brand (for acne) which one do you recommend? Thanks!

Hey! Kate's not online anymore but maybe I can help out! I'm not familiar with that brand but I like to use st ive's apricot scrub for acne at night and a tinted moisturizer in the morning

Helen S.

by victoriabieberz on 8/13/2012 5:21:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hey! Do you know of any good acne products or an article about different skin types & products? THANKS SO MUCH. <3

Hey girl! Try something with benzoyl peroxide for acne! I love stuff that's sensitive on my skin, like the Yes To brand at Target! xoxo

by victoriabieberz on 8/13/2012 4:44:35 PM

MOD!MOD!!MOD!!!
I have had excema since I was a baby and am 13 now. I have done research and every website says that children usually grow out of it by the time they are 10. I don't know who I got it from or if it is just an allergy but I recently was using a cream to help my excema and it helped, but now that I am all out of the tube, my skin where I have the excema is bleached and whiteish. It is spotted/patchy on my arm(elbow creases) and it have on the ankles also where the crease is. What can I do to make it less visible or disappear? I really need help with this for back to school because everyone asks about it! ThanksSmile

Hey chica! Try asking your doctor advice, I can't suggest something for your skin since it is so sensitive.  Until you can cover it, try wearing light long sleeves shirts and cute jeans! xoxo

by elisea625415 on 8/13/2012 4:39:36 PM

I have a really bad sleeping problem. I've tried everything from A to Z.This has been going on for a month. I've tried melatonin, chamomile tea, reading, and much more. Last night I only got 4 and a half hours of sleep. I'm afraid this will continue in the school year and affect my grades. Is there anything else I can do to help me sleep?

Hey chicky! Talk to your mom and see if your doc can figure out something to help you sleep.  It might be that you are super stressed and so you can't get to sleep because of that! xoxo

by Eaglette on 8/13/2012 3:26:47 PM

Mod mod mod
I have really bad acne on my back and face. I used to been on a prescription cream but my new doctor took me off of it because of its high cordazon levels and didn't prscribe me a new cream and I was wondering if there would be something I could use from like a pharmacy without fragerence ( I'm allergic)
Thanks

Hey girl,

Try using salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, and ask your new doc if there are any oral medications (pills) or gentler creams you might be able to use. He can also recommend a drugstore brand for you!

Meghan D.

by lovechild33 on 8/10/2012 11:15:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!
I'm going to camp on the 12th of August, and I'm expecting my period on that day. The problem is, at my camp we go on a 5 day backpacking trip. My question is, how should I deal with it while backpacking? There are no outhouses or anything, just nature. So... Should I bury my used tampons or something? Thanks so much in advance!

Hey girl,

You should not bury them, because that is littering and could also attract bears and other animals. I would talk to your leader/teacher/guide beforehand and explain the situation ... there might be trash cans along the way, or in the worst case you could keep a trash bag in your backpack and dispose of them when you get back to your camp site. Have a fun trip!

Meghan D.

by annah1998 on 8/10/2012 8:31:31 PM

I have a party tonight and i have dozens of bug bites that are open and some aren't
but how do I either cover up or get rid of them??
By the way im pale so if that helps with covering them up...
Please help me as soon as possible thank you so muchhhSmile

Hey girl! Unfortunately, bug bits don't go away until they are good and ready.  Focus on covering them with clothes- wear jeans if they are on your legs or a cute sweater if they are on your torso or arms.  Good luck! xoxo

by laxgoalie00 on 8/10/2012 10:46:51 AM

MODMODMODMOD
I think i might be getting my period soon. I have hair down there, and im getting healthy discharge. Im also at the age my mom got her period. Is it coming soon? In months or days

hey! everyone's different and this sort of thing is impossible to predict. You certainly have symptoms so it could be any time.

Helen S.

by sheepinthesky on 8/7/2012 8:46:16 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
2 things,
1. I am starting a new school on the 23rd, and I have to learn Spanish in time for that! they even TEACH the class in Spanish! at my old school, you could pick what you learned, and i always learned french! how on earth will i master a language, in a little over two weeks?!
2. I REALLY want to start a sport at my new school! at first i would get really tired and breath weird after just like running down the street! i thought i was just out of shape so i was working out a lot but then my mom told me i have exercise end used asthma! i can even run like two feet! Help me!!

Hey chica! You won't have to master the language.  Your school wouldn't place you in an advanced class without any experience in the language, so don't worry about being fluent.  Instead, head to a bookstore and flip through a basic language guide for Spanish.  Get to know a couple useful phrases "How are you?" and how to say your name.  If you are really struggling in class, go to the teacher and tell him or her that you have only taken French- they may help you out by giving you extra exercises to do.  As for your other problem- I think you mean exercise induced asthma, which is when working out makes it hard for your lungs to do their job.  It's the sort of thing that you need to head to the doctor for, so talk to your mom about getting an inhaler or something to help your breathing. xoxo

by sillygirl600 on 8/7/2012 9:31:40 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod mod!
i get coldsores every couple months or so and i got one yesterday and i have picture day for school in 2 days! how can i get rid of it or make it less visible? preferably at home/diy treatments! thanks!

Hey girlie! I don't know any at home treatments for cold sores, I just know there is medicine to speed up their healing (check at the nearest drugstore).  For now, leave it alone and don't pick at it- that'll only make it worse! xoxo

by sparkles333 on 8/7/2012 1:01:05 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!
1. I ws looking in the mirror yesterday and I realizd my ribs were visible trough my skin. Is that bad?
2. I spent all of last week hanging in the pool. I think i might have gotten some chlorine "down there" Is that a problem?
3. There's a strong possibility I might have scoliosis. Are there any sports that help scoliosis feel better?

Hey girl!

1. It's not bad that your ribs are visible through your skin. If you're eating a healthy diet and exercising it's OK. 2. Just make sure you're cleaning your "down there" area in the shower so there's no chlorine remnants, but I'm sure it's totally fine. 3. I'm not sure that there's any sports that make scoliosis better. I think you should have a doctor check it out to see if you really do have it. Many people have less severe scoliosis that doesn't affect their lives or ability to play sports.

Rachael A.

by PandaLover0330 on 8/6/2012 8:25:06 AM

Hey we're all pretty girls and we all have problems right?!

Blog about it babes!

*****come check out my NEW club! Pretty Girl Problems <3***

In need of a...

*VP
*Treasurer
*Secretary
*Fashion Police
*Health Nut

Comment on the page for an application! (:

xoxo *muah<3

by beauty4girls on 8/3/2012 5:44:15 PM

O.k. One thing what does MOD mean and 2 I need serious help with acne and losing at least 10 lbs before school starts! HELP PLZ!!!!Thanks!!

by Imdoodlebug on 8/2/2012 4:55:34 PM

OMG I accidently click the 'report' button
On a perfectly appropriate comment! Will they
Delete my account? Im on my iPod and I'm not
Sure how to undo it plz respond ASAP!!! Thnx

Hey girl!  If there's nothing wrong with the comment, we'll just post it back up.  People accidentally hit "report" way more than they actually need to report something.  Don't worry about it! xoxo

by aki2000 on 8/2/2012 1:46:47 AM

MODMODMOD
School is starting in about 20 days and I have really bad acne. I have tried everything. I have used over the counter salicylic acid and benzyl peroxide stuff but nothing works. Its not just bad looking but it hurts alot too, like i cant mwrinkle my face or talk without hurting. Is there any thing I can do? I want to look and feel better by school. Also I have a pimple in my nose. How do i get rid of it?

Hey girl! If your acne is super painful (including the pimple on your nose), it's time to start talking to your parents about seeing a dermatologist.  They can prescribe you stuff that can help your skin.  You might also want to try products like AcneFree or ProActiv, which are both strong ance fighters.  xoxo

by radiolovergirl on 7/30/2012 4:44:03 PM

MOD!
How can I get rid of the dark bumps on my underarms? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Check out these articles! I think they might help!

Lauren C.

by caligirl99 on 7/29/2012 11:04:41 PM

I have stretch marks around my hips. They're pinkish-red in color. DOes this mean anything? Also my friend has some on her thighs, that are close to purple. Is this bad? Thanks

Hey girlie,

Nope, not bad at all! Stretch marks are totally normal - and you have them because your body has grown fast in a short amount of time. (Hello, growth spurts!) Check out this article for more info <3

Lauren C.

by mwbear24 on 7/29/2012 10:30:55 PM

LOVE SOFTBALL?? JOIN MY CLUB SOFTBALL.WORLD♥

by caseycat16 on 7/29/2012 8:57:48 PM

Want to be on the big screen one day? Ache to be a singer? Wish you could model? We're the club for you. Lights, Camera, Action gives you advice on the best ways for you to snatch that career and start living your dream. Who says dreams are only for our heads? This club will also help you out in sticky situations, boys, friends, and inner beauty.

by YayaYuiki on 7/28/2012 1:39:59 PM

People! If you adore makeup like me, join my club miss makeup diva please!! Positions open!!! Also join my club in and out! Everything about fashion and shoes> Postions available

by mommy's girl on 7/26/2012 8:39:22 PM

Mod mod mod
I really need tampons. I do a lot of sports and pads are uncomfortable and make.me stressabout leaking. My mom always says no though... she says just get ones that are bigger and learn to put them on. And when you have swim just sit out. Well sitting out is embarrassing because there are boys there. She seems pretty firm even when I ask like an adult. She says your sisters didn't.wear them until they were 16 and they were athletic to. And of course my sister backs her up because she doesnt want better for.meFrown help!!!

Hey girl! I'm sure your mom and sister are just trying to help.  Explain to them that sitting out isn't really an option for you and even though your sisters waited, you think you're ready.  If she stays firm about it, you'll have to either wait until she's okay with it or buy tampons on your own and use them when you have practice.  xoxo

by watergal47 on 7/26/2012 9:34:30 AM

MOD!
Okay so I naturally have dry skin ever since I can remember. I use lotions that have really improved my skin. But an area I can't exactly reach is my scalp/: It's dry but it's not terrible like how most people automatically would think it is. Yes, I've tried a bunch of different shampoos (including a ton of Head and Shoulders!) %or a few years now but they are barely affective. What should I do?

Hey girlie! Just like you use a moisturizer on your face, you should use one on your scalp.  Get a hair treatment like Coconut oil (you can get it at health food stores) and massage it into your scalp half an hour before you wash your hair.  Then, once your in the shower, make sure you get it all out of your hair with shampoo (so it doesn't look greasy).  xoxo

by alexia_directioner<3 on 7/26/2012 2:18:15 AM

I need tips bad on getting rid of face acne!!!Frown

HELP ME! HELP ME!

Thanks Lots!!

by Imdoodlebug on 7/25/2012 2:23:40 PM

If you are outside and all sweaty when you come in make sure you wash your face really good.O.K.?

Oh. And do you guys have anymore tips on acne?If so plz tell!!

Thanks!Smile

by Imdoodlebug on 7/25/2012 2:20:20 PM

i have some advice for anyone struggling with acne. (i know i do.)
lately i've discovered that vitamin d is a good cure for acne. so things like milk, sunlight, and even supplements like i'm taking can help acne. it's worked for me, and i thought i should pass it along. hope it helps anyone who reads this. Smile

by llk719 on 7/22/2012 11:26:01 AM

you're too beautiful to wear makeup

operationbeautiful.com

by billabongbabe997 on 7/21/2012 3:07:02 PM

one word: stridex lol

by pinklol56 on 7/20/2012 3:46:33 PM

I can't seem to be able to get rid of any of my acne (face, back, sholdes, and chest)and I've tried so many soaps and creams. Please HELP!

Hey girl,

If you've tried everything, it's time to see a dermatologist. Talk to your parents about setting up an appointment. Dermatologists will specifically diagnose your acne condition and may prescribe special face washes, creams, and even pills that will totally clear you up!

Catherine C.

by beamerkitty on 7/20/2012 7:50:57 AM

i'm having a pool party and and need to ask a question for one of my non-gl friends. what if it's that time of month, but you're not allowed to wear tampons and not ready to anyway (so sneaking wouldn't work)? she's really upset, we've been planning on swimming for a while, what should she do? is there something you can do with pantiliners or something? i hope you can help!!!

Catherine C.

by the_last_ninja on 7/20/2012 7:22:04 AM

Hey Lauren C.! Would the brown spots still be freckles if it was once where a blemish used to be?? Thanks!! xx Catherine C.

by Jnndrt on 7/20/2012 2:11:55 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I spent all day yesterday kayaking and I'm pretty sure I'm a little burned on the face and it's bad because I'm on dermatologist pre scripted creams! I put on sunblock too! After get burned what happens? Do you like get brown spots? If yes, what can I do to get rid of it?? And I also have another problem :/ I feel like I have a teeny bald spot on the back of my head, you prob think I'm crazy trying to hide a teeny bald spot but is there some kind of treatment that stimulates hair growth? My mom says hot oil treatments work but I'm not sure... Please help!! Thanks! xx

Hey girlie,

You usually should put sunblock on and reapply every two hours. Since you didn't say you reapplied, that's probably why you burned. And those creams can make your skin even more sensitive, so you might need to reapply even MORE often than normal! Don't forget about that next time. For this time though, try using an aloe after-sun gel and keeping cool. You can't reverse the burn, so you kinda have to wait it out. Those brown spots are probably freckles, which come out with sun exposure but not sunburns. Usually with a burn, you'll be really red, then if it's bad enough the skin might peel after a few days. Don't pull the skin or peel it off - let it all happen naturally.

As for your hair, chances are it's just the way your hair grows. Lots of people have cowlicks, which makes their hair grow off in one direction - which can make it look like a bald patch. Try talking to your hairdresser about it! He/she can recommend a way to make your hair look thicker, a haircut to cover it up, or another option <3
Lauren C.

by jnndrt on 7/19/2012 7:53:37 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
i am african american and i have these dark marks under my armpits! they are uper annoying cuz when i wear tank tops or a bathing suit i have to avoid lifting up my arms. i need to know how to get rid of these marks with a product from a drugstore cuz i've tried using natural producs and they didn't work.XOXOXOXOXOX

Hey cutie,

If you're shaving your armpits, this may be contributing to the dark marks. Try using a very gentle soap when shaving and also try using a different deodorant. Gentle deodorants like Dove are easy on the skin and won't be irritating. Also, scrub gently with a loofah to remove dead skin. If none of this works, talk to your mom and doctor for advice. I'm sure your doctor will have great tips to get rid of it (or a dermatologist).

Catherine C.

by mustachio54 on 7/19/2012 4:06:12 PM

Mod mod mod!
So sorry if this posted twice, I waited about 10 hours to repost this.
Anyway, I have some acne on my forehead that I really wanna cover up, but idk how to. I sometimes wear a powder but that just like reduces the redness ya know? I want to fully cover my acne up. How do I do this? Thanks in advance! Smile

Hey girlie! Sorry about the wait, the mods are swamped today!  Reducing redness and shine are the most you can hope for with acne.  Try a liquid foundation for more coverage. Green concealers are also great under foundation to counteract the red.  Good luck! xoxo

by gigglez77 on 7/19/2012 12:26:31 PM

I wear long sleeve shirts all the time when it is summer because it is SO cold here!

by WinnieGirlie on 7/18/2012 7:40:58 PM

PLEASE join my clubs, One Directioners 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!, Fans of Michael Jackson, Randomness and Fun, How to be thin in no time, and girlscupcakespitbulls, my advice queen page! PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO JOIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by girlscupcakespitbulls on 7/18/2012 6:49:56 PM