2 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMoment when your bestie's ex tries to hit on you...Here's how to deal: http://t.co/cNRReCECR5

5 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

6 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

COMMENTS

How to make friends by lunch--really!

Whether you’ve switched schools, skipped a grade or just need a new batch of peeps, making friends can be a scary and challenging task. But ya just...

MOD MOD MOD!!
I have this friend and we've been best friends for a really long time. Last year we got in a big fight and I met a new friend who I became very close with and we still are very close. I started to hang out with this old friend again but she hasn't changed a bit. She tries to up-stage me ALL the time and she lies about EVERYTHING! I don't want to stop being her friend, we have so much fun when we're together but lately she's also been demanding my new friend (who she's also friends with) and I to tell her EVERYTHING that goes on when we hang out and explain EVERY inside joke we have! I'm afraid to confront her because of what happened last year, but I don't want to tell her everything that happens in my life, and personally, I trust my new friend with more than I can trust my old one with.

I suggest you try to distance a bit. You can still be her friend! But just try to not spend so much time with her. Compartmentalize your time and try to not spend it all with her. It seems like shes a better friend to have in moderation anyways. Make sure you dont just cut her out. If you have a sleep over invite her and your new friend. But if you also go to the mall, maybe only invite the new friend. You have to make sure not to brag though. You cant make the old friend feel jealous or shes going to blow up. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by ellykayy143 on 10/9/2012 9:19:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a group of really good friends (about 5 of us altogether) and now that we are all in middle school they are making new friends. I secretly get really jealous when I find out two of them in the group hang out or when one hangs out with another girl outside of our group. I know it's stupid
and it makes me jealous because I haven't made as many new close friends. How do I stop feeling this way?

Hey girl,

It's normal to be jealous of your friends for making new pals, but try to be happy for them! Ask if they'll introduce you to their friends and try to hang out with them together--if you get to know them, they'll probably love to hang out with you and you can all have fun together! You don't have to only stick to the group you had before middle school--you can add new people and make new friends while still keeping your old ones Smile

Meghan D.

by LovePeaceHope on 10/6/2012 11:09:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I hang around with this group of girls who have been in my class for 2 years, this year we've gone into different classes with different people and and i feel i only was hanging out with this group because they accepted me and im quite shy so i didnt need to make much effort to belong to a group. This year though, i would like more friends. Sometimes, i feel this group dont appreciate me being around and we never hang out outside school because we aren't very close and they have other friends to hang out with outside school. I dont know what to do; should i stay with this group or not? I'm not very good at making new friends though Frown Please help me!

Hey girly, instead of leaving one group or joining another, why not keep a goal of making new friends. You don't need to worry so much about groups or ditching one for another. Make new friends and you can float from one group to the next without losing the friends or groups you already have. Try striking up convos with the girls in your new classes. Bring up something you both have in common like an assignment, after school activity, sports team or hobby. Or you could compliment her on something and ask where she found it and strike up a convo about your fave places to find cute pieces.Remember that you're a totally awesome girl and the people in your classes would be lucky to have you as a friend. Good luck.

Lauren I.

by lollipopluver101 on 10/1/2012 12:44:31 PM

Hey Girlies!
My name is Haley and I'm a sophomore in high school. Do any of you need advice? I've been through it all, so ask away!
You can ask me anything! Just leave a comment on my profile and I'll answer on your as soon as possible! Hope to hear from you!

by haleyhay3 on 9/2/2012 7:24:01 PM

Hey girls~ I have a club called 'I'm Sorry'! The title explains everything! If you want to know even more about it, then search 'I'm Sorry' and then filter to clubs and my club should pop up as 'I'm Sorry Club'! It's something new I'm trying out!
And to my dear Fairy Tail nerds! I have a club going on for that too! It's under Fairy Tail and then scroll down until you see the club!
Thank you everyone!

by Gabriella123 on 9/1/2012 10:29:17 PM

I make plans beforehand and sit with someone I already know.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 9/1/2012 9:48:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok I have this clingy friend.I used to consider her my bff but now she's just my friend.I can't even talk to another friend near her without her coming up to me, interupting our conversation and talking to me.She also always excpects me to do things with her all the time.I'm a nice person and I could never day this to her face without moving before the next school day.She has also given me 3 friendship necklaces.Also, I just don't click with her anymore.It feels like we have nothing to talk about.She's also not very popular and I have many friends so I think that if I say this to her she'll just think I'm ditching her to be popular or something.I want to be friends with her but not BFFs.

hey! It's normal to grow apart from friends but the worst thing you can do is not talk about it. if you don't tell her how you'll feel you'll slowly start to resent her more and that might really ruin your friendship. Just let her know in a nice way when she's a bit clingy. it's hard but it's the right thing to do

Helen S.

by katniss50309 on 8/28/2012 6:20:43 PM

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join our club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by beauty327 on 8/28/2012 12:48:53 PM

Hi girls! Join my club The Problem Place.
It's the place to get real-girl advice on real-girl problems. Your confusion? Cleared. Your confidence? Boosted. Your problems? SOLVED!

by Shadow.Fall691 on 8/25/2012 3:38:38 PM

I move all the time so I have no choice but to make new friends over and over. I've been in small schools my whole life and am now going to a real middle school with 700 kids for the first time. Last year I met one of my best friends by sitting next to her in Second Period on the first day. She was also new so it was pretty simple. We just started a convo in the middle of class and ended up sitting next to eachother in LA for the rest of the year.

by gen_gen11 on 8/23/2012 5:53:00 PM