13 HOURS AGO It is never too soon to start thinking about fall fashion! Here are some of our favs: #GLStyle http://t.co/ur0KcH2S0v

14 HOURS AGO #Quiz: Is you friend a real friend? http://t.co/KiJFbS0la7

15 HOURS AGO Excited to be back at school? Show off your new nerdy nails that girls will die for! http://t.co/HljuRfVyHY

COMMENTS

How to make friends by lunch--really!

Whether you’ve switched schools, skipped a grade or just need a new batch of peeps, making friends can be a scary and challenging task. But ya just...

how can i add a post asking for help with things ? ? ? ? ? ?

Hey babe, if you want a Mod to answer your question, you've gotta type "Mod Mod Mod" at the top. We're here for ya!
Carrie R.

by j3susfr3ak on 8/14/2012 12:52:32 PM

It seems like girls don't like me, well, I don't talk about make-up or hair or clothes really and I don't like Justin Bieber and One Direction. I rarely wear make up. I watch sports and well that's pretty much all I do. I read books and play with my neighbors. Girls at my school all they care about is hair, make-up and clothes and shoes. They all try and get me to wear make up but i don't. I really want to be come closer friends with guys I mean I'm a real tomboy and so to me I connect better with guys. Any help? Oh and my school starts in 11 days Smile thanks!

Hey girlie,

You deserve to be the person you are! Of course it's great to be open-minded and try new things, but don't force yourself to love makeup, 1D, shopping, etc. if that's not naturally who you are. There are other people - girls and guys - who share your interests, so try to meet them and connect with them instead! Start with channeling your love of sports into actually JOINING a sport. Then scope out the gals on your sports team. You already know you have that in common, so see if you click with them in other ways. That could be the start of an amazing friendship since you'll already spend so much time together - and you know you can rely on them, since you play as a team! As for guys, again just be yourself. If you show guys that you're chill and you have similar interests as they do, they'll be drawn to that! <3
Lauren C.

by coldplay12 on 8/9/2012 10:30:46 PM

I'm gonna be a sophmore next year at the same school I went to last year. Freshman year I made hardly any friends and I was overlooked by everyone. This year I am hoping to make a whole new batch of friends and break out of my old shy ways. How do I create a new impression, make new friends, and maybe even get a few guys to like me and get a boyfriend when last year I was the nerdy girl who nobody wants as a friend? Please help!

by e72allen on 8/7/2012 5:52:58 PM

My 2 good friends are having a party . 2 boys that bully me replied and said they were going .Now I don't what to do and they know the boys are mean to me and their parents said they had to invite them .Also they are being rude and asking for expensive gifts . Please help

Hey girl-

1. I'm assuming that the party will be adult supervised which means that they are less likely to make fun of you. If you think it will be an issue-- talk to your parents and the parents of your friends.

2. just because they are asking for expensive gifts does NOT mean you have to feel bad about getting them a less expensive gift. It's rude to even ask for gifts.

good luck!
simone s.

by OneDirection1843 on 8/7/2012 3:02:27 PM

My best friend-making move is asking about a class or assignment that you have in common.

by supersingershannon on 7/23/2012 8:58:10 PM

This is a great article with lots of great tips, but there's one problem. I'm really shy. I always want to introduce myself to people who are new, but I never work up the courage to do it. I'm worried that the new girl will not want a bunch of people walking up to her all day. How do i deal with my shyness? And 2nd, when there is a new guy at school, how do I introduce myself without seeming like I like him and that im flirting with him? Thanks in advance, alyssa

hey! The way to get over a bout of shyness is  not to worry about what other people will think. It's just as possible that the new girl will be relieved to talk to people who want to be her friend, or that the boy won't instantly think you're flirting, so why not focus on those thoughts instead of the ones that make you feel afraid? good luck!

Helen S.

by parischick2 on 7/23/2012 7:22:23 PM

Good tips! Thanks for the helpful adviceSmile

by Vjazzy08 on 7/23/2012 3:01:20 PM

MOD MOD
I have been wanting to have a pen pal for a while, but I can't seem to find any place to get a teen pen pal. Any ideas?
\

Hey girl!

You could look around online, but it's hard to know if a site is trustworthy. Maybe ask a parent or teacher for help. You teacher could potentially have connections at other schools or even in other countries. He/she could connect you with a pen pal that way. My best advice is to just ask around!
Rachael A.

by StopTheNoise6915 on 7/23/2012 12:49:55 PM

I will use all of this advice as I'm going to a new school in a new state this school year.

by neena4 on 7/21/2012 4:04:16 PM

I always make friends with the people who's names are near mine in the alphabet because you will most likely be sitting with them for awhile.

by awtechnofish on 7/21/2012 3:49:32 PM