10 HOURS AGO Don't miss all the fun at Fash Bash 2014! Click here to RSVP: http://t.co/hxOEzrhlmp

13 HOURS AGO 6 ways to revamp your fresh veggies: http://t.co/uVLIaiXDOB

14 HOURS AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

COMMENTS

How to make friends by lunch--really!

Whether you’ve switched schools, skipped a grade or just need a new batch of peeps, making friends can be a scary and challenging task. But ya just...

Mod mod mod
I have a little problem. I like my best friend (I'm bisexual),but she likes another girl (my friends pansexual,and the girl she likes is a lesbian.),and I don't really know what to do!I really really like her,not platonically,and I want to tell her,but I know she really likes the other girl.Its not just like I can go up to her and tell her (because she lives in Florida now),because I don't want to mess up our friendship!Please help.

Hey girlie! The fact that you can see yourself in a real, serious relationship with her, and the fact that you two are friends first are all great signs. It's great you are being respectful of her feelings for someone else but there's a chance she's hiding hers for you as well, so honesty is the best policy here. Tell her how you feel without putting pressure on her, it'll feel great to get it off your chest. Either way I'm sure it won't jeopardize your friendship and something great can happen in the long-term.

Jenn S.

by rainbowssparklesdesu on 11/23/2012 1:03:02 PM

My friend and I both love to read, and we met while looking for the same book in the library!!!

by MountainLover456 on 11/20/2012 9:29:19 PM

MODMOD
There is a guy in my group of friends that likes me. He is always talking to me or trying to impress me. In a picture you could see him leaning towards me. Its uncomfortable and I don't know what to do. Help!

Hey girl,

If he's making you uncomfortable, tell him you're not interested in him and want to just be friends. If he still makes you feel uncomfortable after that, I would talk to a parent or guidance counselor about what you should do.

Meghan D.

by katgirly on 11/17/2012 12:35:09 AM

When this school year is over i have to move. My mother has a job in a different county hospital. Ive been going to my school for six years and i dont want to move . While i do want to save my mother from taking those long trips and wasting money i dont want to leave the people i have known since i was six . I realize which one is more important but grew grew up with my friends . To top it off my dad lives a half an hour away from where were moving and i wont be able to see him every weekend . Answer back Smile .

Hey girl,

I know it's tough to move, but you're right in recognizing that this really is the best decision for your mom! You can still stay in touch with your friends over email and the phone, and you'll be able to make tons of new friends, too! It will be hard, but it might be fun to live in another place, so try to be open to the possibilities. And don't be afraid to talk to your mom or a guidance counselor about how you're feeling to sort everything out!

Meghan D.

by DivaD01 on 11/3/2012 11:11:17 PM

I need some advice. I was in a group of 3 friends, me, Abbey, and Hannah. We where the best of friends until 5th grade. I was bullied. Hannah stood by my side the whole time. Abbey was temporary. The werid thing was, my bully was Abbey's friend! Abbey would lie and tell me she hated my bully. I was stupid and believed her. And in 5th grade, I was popular. And Abbey was quiet, and didn't talk. I was a little social butterfly and I helped her make new friends. She said that she had always been popular. And that I didn't help her. Now, we never talk, and Hannah and I would spill about all those cute clothes we like, the next day, she goes out and buys the stuff we can't afford! Why is she like this. She is an only child. But why shoul that change anything? I need some serious advice!

by LivieLoo on 11/3/2012 3:33:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi,
I'm in tenth grade and I have a friend problem. I was "best friends" with this girl and we had our up and downs and rough patches but I think we both loved each other to like death. It was a very complicated friendship but we both really cared each other. She had/has her flaws and it was really hard with me to deal with. She can be really very selfish but does try to improve. I cut off all contact with her last year at a random time because I was going through a tough time (I was sad a lot) and it's really hard for me to stay friends with someone I am close with. like I didn't care and I still act like that. People ask me about it and I pretend that I think she's a terrible person. My question is, should I try to fix things with her? It is very awkward when we pass each other and I think it might be easier if I was friends with her. It has been six months so I don't know if i should just let it go or attempt to repair this friendship. What should I do??

hey! I think it's wonderful that you want to repair your friendship. Just approach her and ask her if she has time to talk, if she doesn't, schedule a later time with her and then you can  both finally push past the awkwardness and just be honest with each other. Say your piece to her and wait quietly while she says hers. Be prepared for her to possibly not have nice things to say. If the conversation goes well, my hope is that you'll both get your feelings off your chest but also both apologize to each other. If that happens i'd say you guys have a good chance at a fresh start. good luck!

Helen S.

by yayirock on 11/3/2012 3:21:25 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Was I just a rebound BFF?In second grade, my bff A and her former bff, S had a big fight.That was the first year they had met.All through second to sixth grade me and A were BFF's.Then on the first day of sixth grade, A and S started hanging out with each other.A started ignoring me and haning out with S's popular group.She's not mean to me, she just ignores me.Her and S are neighbors now too, but A's moving soon.A's halloween party is soon, and of course I'm invited, but I'm nervous she's going to ignore me there because all her new friends are going to be there.I'm also invited to a sleepover after the party, and I was the only one invited because her mom doesn't know the other girls but she knows me because I've been there so many times.A also goes to my church(because of me in fifth grade) so it's awkard there too.What should I do and was I only being used as a replacment until S and her made up.What should I do at the sleepover 2?

Hey girly, since the two of you were friends for so long, I really doubt you were a rebound. It does sound like A and S have made up, but that shouldn't mean that you all can't be friends. Try talking to A calmly about your feelings.After she knows how you feel, hopefully you two can work it out. Though, sometimes friends do change and friends drift away and while it makes us a little sad, it does happen sometimes and it's okay. So in the meantime, start getting to know some other girls. It's always good to expand your horizons- the more friends the better.

Lauren I.

by katniss50309 on 10/22/2012 4:27:46 PM

hey,
sometimes it feel like my friend uses me. one moment shes my BFF then when she make up with her other friend after a fight then she friends with her again. please help me!!
kindly.Smile

by emzieAB2 on 10/20/2012 3:56:27 PM

hey,
kindly.Smile

by emzieAB2 on 10/20/2012 3:51:37 PM

ok so i have this freind and i learned that she has been saying mean things about me... im not good at volly ball, ect. I really dont want to get in a fight with her but I also dont want to just let it slide because it realy bugs me

Hey girl,

If a friend's saying mean things about you, you should definitely talk to her about it, but this is a little tricky since you've heard from a third party. The best thing to do would be to bring it up with her in a non-accusatory way so that you can talk it out. It will be better to talk about it than to let your feelings build up!

Meghan D.

by PS2905 on 10/12/2012 5:34:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I have this friend and we've been best friends for a really long time. Last year we got in a big fight and I met a new friend who I became very close with and we still are very close. I started to hang out with this old friend again but she hasn't changed a bit. She tries to up-stage me ALL the time and she lies about EVERYTHING! I don't want to stop being her friend, we have so much fun when we're together but lately she's also been demanding my new friend (who she's also friends with) and I to tell her EVERYTHING that goes on when we hang out and explain EVERY inside joke we have! I'm afraid to confront her because of what happened last year, but I don't want to tell her everything that happens in my life, and personally, I trust my new friend with more than I can trust my old one with.

I suggest you try to distance a bit. You can still be her friend! But just try to not spend so much time with her. Compartmentalize your time and try to not spend it all with her. It seems like shes a better friend to have in moderation anyways. Make sure you dont just cut her out. If you have a sleep over invite her and your new friend. But if you also go to the mall, maybe only invite the new friend. You have to make sure not to brag though. You cant make the old friend feel jealous or shes going to blow up. xoxo kerra

Kerra S.

by ellykayy143 on 10/9/2012 9:19:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have a group of really good friends (about 5 of us altogether) and now that we are all in middle school they are making new friends. I secretly get really jealous when I find out two of them in the group hang out or when one hangs out with another girl outside of our group. I know it's stupid
and it makes me jealous because I haven't made as many new close friends. How do I stop feeling this way?

Hey girl,

It's normal to be jealous of your friends for making new pals, but try to be happy for them! Ask if they'll introduce you to their friends and try to hang out with them together--if you get to know them, they'll probably love to hang out with you and you can all have fun together! You don't have to only stick to the group you had before middle school--you can add new people and make new friends while still keeping your old ones Smile

Meghan D.

by LovePeaceHope on 10/6/2012 11:09:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I hang around with this group of girls who have been in my class for 2 years, this year we've gone into different classes with different people and and i feel i only was hanging out with this group because they accepted me and im quite shy so i didnt need to make much effort to belong to a group. This year though, i would like more friends. Sometimes, i feel this group dont appreciate me being around and we never hang out outside school because we aren't very close and they have other friends to hang out with outside school. I dont know what to do; should i stay with this group or not? I'm not very good at making new friends though Frown Please help me!

Hey girly, instead of leaving one group or joining another, why not keep a goal of making new friends. You don't need to worry so much about groups or ditching one for another. Make new friends and you can float from one group to the next without losing the friends or groups you already have. Try striking up convos with the girls in your new classes. Bring up something you both have in common like an assignment, after school activity, sports team or hobby. Or you could compliment her on something and ask where she found it and strike up a convo about your fave places to find cute pieces.Remember that you're a totally awesome girl and the people in your classes would be lucky to have you as a friend. Good luck.

Lauren I.

by lollipopluver101 on 10/1/2012 12:44:31 PM

Hey Girlies!
My name is Haley and I'm a sophomore in high school. Do any of you need advice? I've been through it all, so ask away!
You can ask me anything! Just leave a comment on my profile and I'll answer on your as soon as possible! Hope to hear from you!

by haleyhay3 on 9/2/2012 7:24:01 PM

Hey girls~ I have a club called 'I'm Sorry'! The title explains everything! If you want to know even more about it, then search 'I'm Sorry' and then filter to clubs and my club should pop up as 'I'm Sorry Club'! It's something new I'm trying out!
And to my dear Fairy Tail nerds! I have a club going on for that too! It's under Fairy Tail and then scroll down until you see the club!
Thank you everyone!

by Gabriella123 on 9/1/2012 10:29:17 PM

I make plans beforehand and sit with someone I already know.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 9/1/2012 9:48:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Ok I have this clingy friend.I used to consider her my bff but now she's just my friend.I can't even talk to another friend near her without her coming up to me, interupting our conversation and talking to me.She also always excpects me to do things with her all the time.I'm a nice person and I could never day this to her face without moving before the next school day.She has also given me 3 friendship necklaces.Also, I just don't click with her anymore.It feels like we have nothing to talk about.She's also not very popular and I have many friends so I think that if I say this to her she'll just think I'm ditching her to be popular or something.I want to be friends with her but not BFFs.

hey! It's normal to grow apart from friends but the worst thing you can do is not talk about it. if you don't tell her how you'll feel you'll slowly start to resent her more and that might really ruin your friendship. Just let her know in a nice way when she's a bit clingy. it's hard but it's the right thing to do

Helen S.

by katniss50309 on 8/28/2012 6:20:43 PM

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join our club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by beauty327 on 8/28/2012 12:48:53 PM

Hi girls! Join my club The Problem Place.
It's the place to get real-girl advice on real-girl problems. Your confusion? Cleared. Your confidence? Boosted. Your problems? SOLVED!

by Shadow.Fall691 on 8/25/2012 3:38:38 PM

I move all the time so I have no choice but to make new friends over and over. I've been in small schools my whole life and am now going to a real middle school with 700 kids for the first time. Last year I met one of my best friends by sitting next to her in Second Period on the first day. She was also new so it was pretty simple. We just started a convo in the middle of class and ended up sitting next to eachother in LA for the rest of the year.

by gen_gen11 on 8/23/2012 5:53:00 PM

how can i add a post asking for help with things ? ? ? ? ? ?

Hey babe, if you want a Mod to answer your question, you've gotta type "Mod Mod Mod" at the top. We're here for ya!
Carrie R.

by j3susfr3ak on 8/14/2012 12:52:32 PM

It seems like girls don't like me, well, I don't talk about make-up or hair or clothes really and I don't like Justin Bieber and One Direction. I rarely wear make up. I watch sports and well that's pretty much all I do. I read books and play with my neighbors. Girls at my school all they care about is hair, make-up and clothes and shoes. They all try and get me to wear make up but i don't. I really want to be come closer friends with guys I mean I'm a real tomboy and so to me I connect better with guys. Any help? Oh and my school starts in 11 days Smile thanks!

Hey girlie,

You deserve to be the person you are! Of course it's great to be open-minded and try new things, but don't force yourself to love makeup, 1D, shopping, etc. if that's not naturally who you are. There are other people - girls and guys - who share your interests, so try to meet them and connect with them instead! Start with channeling your love of sports into actually JOINING a sport. Then scope out the gals on your sports team. You already know you have that in common, so see if you click with them in other ways. That could be the start of an amazing friendship since you'll already spend so much time together - and you know you can rely on them, since you play as a team! As for guys, again just be yourself. If you show guys that you're chill and you have similar interests as they do, they'll be drawn to that! <3
Lauren C.

by coldplay12 on 8/9/2012 10:30:46 PM

I'm gonna be a sophmore next year at the same school I went to last year. Freshman year I made hardly any friends and I was overlooked by everyone. This year I am hoping to make a whole new batch of friends and break out of my old shy ways. How do I create a new impression, make new friends, and maybe even get a few guys to like me and get a boyfriend when last year I was the nerdy girl who nobody wants as a friend? Please help!

by e72allen on 8/7/2012 5:52:58 PM

My 2 good friends are having a party . 2 boys that bully me replied and said they were going .Now I don't what to do and they know the boys are mean to me and their parents said they had to invite them .Also they are being rude and asking for expensive gifts . Please help

Hey girl-

1. I'm assuming that the party will be adult supervised which means that they are less likely to make fun of you. If you think it will be an issue-- talk to your parents and the parents of your friends.

2. just because they are asking for expensive gifts does NOT mean you have to feel bad about getting them a less expensive gift. It's rude to even ask for gifts.

good luck!
simone s.

by OneDirection1843 on 8/7/2012 3:02:27 PM

My best friend-making move is asking about a class or assignment that you have in common.

by supersingershannon on 7/23/2012 8:58:10 PM

This is a great article with lots of great tips, but there's one problem. I'm really shy. I always want to introduce myself to people who are new, but I never work up the courage to do it. I'm worried that the new girl will not want a bunch of people walking up to her all day. How do i deal with my shyness? And 2nd, when there is a new guy at school, how do I introduce myself without seeming like I like him and that im flirting with him? Thanks in advance, alyssa

hey! The way to get over a bout of shyness is  not to worry about what other people will think. It's just as possible that the new girl will be relieved to talk to people who want to be her friend, or that the boy won't instantly think you're flirting, so why not focus on those thoughts instead of the ones that make you feel afraid? good luck!

Helen S.

by parischick2 on 7/23/2012 7:22:23 PM

Good tips! Thanks for the helpful adviceSmile

by Vjazzy08 on 7/23/2012 3:01:20 PM

MOD MOD
I have been wanting to have a pen pal for a while, but I can't seem to find any place to get a teen pen pal. Any ideas?
\

Hey girl!

You could look around online, but it's hard to know if a site is trustworthy. Maybe ask a parent or teacher for help. You teacher could potentially have connections at other schools or even in other countries. He/she could connect you with a pen pal that way. My best advice is to just ask around!
Rachael A.

by StopTheNoise6915 on 7/23/2012 12:49:55 PM

I will use all of this advice as I'm going to a new school in a new state this school year.

by neena4 on 7/21/2012 4:04:16 PM

I always make friends with the people who's names are near mine in the alphabet because you will most likely be sitting with them for awhile.

by awtechnofish on 7/21/2012 3:49:32 PM

Great advice!

by heather99 on 7/21/2012 2:55:00 PM

say something funny/random. at least ull make him/her laugh

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 7/21/2012 2:35:41 PM

id suggest starting with the ppl in Homeroom. u'll be stuck with them the whole year and see them in the mornings. in the fall, im will try to bring out the bolder side of me by saying, "hi, i'm ____, im a libra, and i hate the fact that i am in an scary building at 7:00 in the morning when i should be sleeping."

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 7/21/2012 2:30:49 PM

Usually I'll start off by complimenting their outfit or something. Then I'll ask what's your name and I'll tell her mine and then I'll ask what classes she has or something and keep the convo goingSmile

by Sheyenne on 7/21/2012 2:01:28 PM

My best friend-making move is inviting a person to sit with you in lunch or study hall.

by otter77 on 7/21/2012 12:25:38 PM

My BFF making move is...
Introduce yourself
Say something random
Then smile :{D

by Bobalina on 7/21/2012 9:28:38 AM

Those are aewsum tips!!

by Uniquester on 7/21/2012 3:10:26 AM

my bff making move would have to be by saying my name and asking them their name and where their from or if i moved say where im from(:

by lilliebeans on 7/21/2012 12:48:37 AM

My best friend making move is:
I go up to the girl who is sitting alone and start talking to her. I say nice, true things. Don't lie. Like, if she has an awesome, totally cute dress on, you can start a conversation by asking where she got it, its so adorable, etc. Smile And then if she is a nice person, we talk, and we become BFFs Smile

by lovelydays111 on 7/21/2012 12:29:12 AM