11 HOURS AGO Get fit quick with out #Tabata workout: http://t.co/thbT28QpPs

14 HOURS AGO She caught her BF cheatin' in the theater! What would you do? http://t.co/BXimWwZeWK

15 HOURS AGO Check out an original poem written by a GLgirl just like you: http://t.co/7RR2L2BJVs

COMMENTS

Oops! How to recover from that #awkwardmomentwhen

We’ve all been the girl who’s kept her cool ‘til she lands in a way-awkward situation. It’s time to pull your foot outta your mouth, shake off...

okay so my mom is crazy! she keeps writing me embarrassing love notes on my napkins in lunch! my crush saw them and made fun of me! I told my mom to stop but she just won't! What should I do?!?!

Hey gal pal,

Say that the notes aren't from your mom but instead all of those boys that have crushes on you! Make a joke out of it.
Jordan S.

by crazy4catzz on 8/22/2012 6:28:21 PM

This was helpful!

by Footballstar on 8/21/2012 12:29:13 PM

FOR ANY GIRLS GOING INTO 6TH GRADE YOU MUST BE WETTING UR NEW SKINNY JEANS YOUR SO NERVOUS RIGHT? 1st year of middle school scary.

I'm here to help. but seriously don't be scared you will be fine
if your still nervous here are some tips i used and still do (going into 8th grade yikes!)
1.listen to your fav inspirational song (mine stronger and keep your head up by andy grammer)and repeat the chorous when you get nervous
2.stretch or do yoga before you go exercise helps your brain also oxygen does so yawn its the quickest way to oxygen to your old noodle.
3. get a good nights sleep make sure your well rested.
4. lay out everything from under wear to jewelry
5.memorize your school map and # your classes and leave it glues to you.
6. EAT BREAKFAST i cannot stress this enough if you don;t eat your body won't work properly and you'll be to hungry to pay attention.

well for any more questions comment on my profile thnx 4 reading

by msfuneface on 8/17/2012 11:02:35 PM

im going to middle school in like 5 days and im SO scared! im going in a year after my friends bc i was homeschooled and my friends have split into groups and hate each other! they each want me to hang out with them but i dont want to hurt any feelings! one of my friends hangs out with people who gossip and say bad words and whenever i talk to her she never says nice things about my other frinds and other people. but she really wants me to hang out with her. i would rather hang out with my nicer friends but im scared of what she would say. what do i do? thanks

Hey chicky! Hang out with the people you want to spend time with.  It sounds like your friend has become kind of mean in middle school, and you don't want to be surrounded by people like that at school! If you spend time with your nicer friends, it won't matter what she would say, since you'll have friends who support you! xoxo

Kate G.

by sophiabest1 on 8/17/2012 10:01:28 AM

My mom has embarrassed me when I have been dropped off for school. One time she was beeping the horn after I got out because I forgot something and the other time was when she almost bumped into a teacher.

by fashionqn on 8/4/2012 12:00:08 AM

Awesome advice. (:

by voucher on 7/29/2012 3:07:51 AM

My best friend hasn't been talking to any of her friends. She's basically dedicated her entire summer to her boyfriend. She won't even text me back, but when she came over the two times that she did, the entire time she was texting. It's really making me mad, and even when I tried to confront her about it, she was just texting the whole time. So I stormed out of there, because I was so angry. Even when I apologized and said, "Do you want to come over?" she didn't anwser. But she won't anwser ANY of her friends. What should I do?

Hey girl,

Try talking to her more nicely about it -- if you "confront"ed her, she probably felt hurt and got defensive. Or suggest doing something together that you can't text during, like a movie, sports or swimming.

Meghan D.

by georgetownroad on 7/20/2012 11:01:56 PM

i guess its good advice for others, but for me im honest, if i space out ill be like sorry visited wonderland again or if i forget someones name i always do that, ive called guy teachers mom plenty of times lol. Ya im 1000000000% abnormal lol

by black3lab on 7/20/2012 9:51:19 PM

Last year I was talking to my (then) new friend Malea, and she had a crush on my guy friend Dawson. My lunch table (all my best friends I've known forever) wanted to know who Dawson liked, and I gave them a hint, saying it was a girl in our class who was in our class last year (Malea was the only girl at the table who hadn't been in our class the year before) and I TOTALLY forgot she liked him.. Everyone sat in complete silence the rest of lunch. Now me and Malea are best friends and today we were at the mall and she told me to buy this shirt that said "That awkward moment when...".... Yeah... awkward....

by kenzi143 on 7/20/2012 9:30:00 PM

WOW gr8 advice!!!!!!!!! Thx so much for helping! hahah now I know what to do if i get in one of those situations! And trust me...i will! hahaha

by Countrymusicluva on 7/20/2012 7:07:43 PM

The spacing out advice is so good and with the crush one, lets just say I'll be using it pretty often...

by timekeeper on 7/20/2012 1:10:00 AM

Hey Twiggi828,
Take a deep breath. I can't really tell you if he likes the other girl or not; he could just be friends with her or he could be flirting. But i think you need to try and talk to him. The more you talk to him the more he can see what a truly awesome girl you are. And I do think it would be a fantastic idea to tell him happy late birthday. You could be casual about it and say something like, "Hey, I heard last Thursday was your birthday. Since I didn't get to tell you then, Happy Birthday!" . Even if you don't say happy birthday. The more you get to know each other the more your friendship can develop.
Hope this helps!
Good luck, girlie!
XO - Alleigh

by Acutiebookworm on 7/20/2012 12:45:51 AM

So I REALLY like this guy at karate, and he happens to be my best friend's older brother. The thing is, he never talks to me. We've never even had a conversation. Plus, he goofs around with one of my other best friends. What does that mean? Who does he like? I'm so confused!
Also, today was his birthday, and I didn't say a thing to him. Now I feel really bad. SO I'm going to try and muster up my courage and tell him 'happy late birthday' when I see him next. Is that a good idea? I don't want to seem creepy or anything...
Sorry its long, but I'm kinda freaking out...

Hey girlie,

It's impossible for us to tell exactly who he likes, because we don't know him...and, well, neither do you! Sure, you know of him and you're crushing on him from afar, but since you don't talk to him you aren't as close as you could be. The more you get to know him, the better you'll get at figuring out how he's feeling! Try talking to him the next time you see him - apologize for not saying happy birthday before, then ask him if he had a good day, if there was cake, what he did to celebrate. You get the idea. You won't be creepy if you're making small talk and being friendly! Keep it short and see how he responds. If he seems into the convo, chat with him again next time. Over time, you'll get better and better at it Smile Promise!
Lauren C.

by Twiggi828 on 7/20/2012 12:05:53 AM

I know this is a super awkward question. I'm 13 and a virgin. Every once in a while, the area between my butt and vagina has been really irritated. It's almost a burning sensation and I don't know what to do. What do you think it is?

Hey girlie,

Chances are, it's just irritated from your undies - it can get to feel like a rash, almost like diaper rash in babies. It could also be irritated from wiping too much/too hard down there or if (TMI) you ever have any "#2" leftover on your skin. If it ever itches/burns INSIDE, it's probably a yeast infection. But on the outside, I wouldn't worry about it too much - just remember to keep dry, change your undies regularly, and let your skin breathe by changing into looser shorts after a long day in those skinny jeans. If it still bothers you, you could ask your doctor for a professional opinion! <3
Lauren C.

by Noellastarr0206 on 7/19/2012 11:40:15 PM

My friend is going into high school and she thinks she's fat. Shes a little overweight but shes tall and she's pretty and beautiful. Her mom said she had to excersise and I thought that was rude but I didnt say anything because her mom gets really mad but my friend took it hard. She thinks everyone looks like a model and everything, but I keep telling her nobody's perfect and she BEAUTIFUL but she still doesn't believe me. I try everything to make her feel better, but nothing working. What can I tell her to make her feel better? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

The goal should be working out to get HEALTHY, not to lose weight. To be in shape, not to be model thin. Tell her you think she's beautiful and she doesn't need to lose weight, but shrug and say it wouldn't hurt anyone to workout and get healthy. Then try joining in on the plan for her to start exercising. If she has a workout buddy telling her you're doing this for your health (not for the number on the scale), she might feel better about the whole thing! And check out this article too - http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/04/27/bff-bad-body-confidence.aspx
Lauren C.

by Gabbyw123 on 7/19/2012 11:32:30 PM

Sorry its long, but I'm kinda freaking out...

by Twiggi828 on 7/19/2012 11:05:37 PM

Mod mod mod
Just a random question but why do people in Europe or austrailia think that Americans are stupid lazy and/or fat. 😢 I think it's a mean stereotype because some of their citizens are like that but not all of them and SOME of our citizens are like that but Some also take pride in being smart athletic and healthy. Just to be clear, my question is why they think that.
Xoxo

Hey girlie,

I agree, it's totally a mean stereotype - but remember these things:

1) It's also a stereotype to assume that all Europeans/Australians think of us this way. Not everyone shares that opinion, so try not to generalize! (And even if they do think that, that doesn't mean they're bad people. They just have different lifestyles.)

2) It's also not false. Of all the countries in the world, the United States has the highest rates of obesity. Two-thirds of American adults are overweight or obese, and the number keeps rising. That's a MAJOR public health problem and of course other countries can see that - so that's where the idea of Americans as "fat and lazy" comes from. The truth is, we all really need to start caring more about our health - not because of appearances, but because we owe it to ourselves to respect our bodies and make sure they last for as long as possible. It comes from a lot more serious issues though (like lack of money to buy healthier foods), so fixing it isn't as easy as it seems. I hope this helps to answer your question! <3
Lauren C.

by Fierymindedgal<3 on 7/19/2012 10:34:47 PM

Great advice!!!

by Sarah510 on 7/19/2012 10:34:09 PM

ok so my "bff" i really dont like anymore. I think im over being her bff. We just dont click. I have a nother bff and she is great. How do i tell my old bff i really dont want to be her bff anymor. Sorry if its confusing thanks so much anywah Smile

Hey girlie,

Instead of telling your old BFF that you're "breaking up" with her, try casually pulling away and becoming less available. If you used to hang out every weekend, cut back so you aren't available as often. If you texted a lot, take longer to respond and text less. There's no reason to make things dramatic and get into a huge fight - it'll be easier if you keep things civil so you can say hey at school without being awkward. If it seems like you just grew apart, there won't be any hard feelings Smile
Lauren C.

by poptart64 on 7/19/2012 10:27:44 PM

This is perfect! Thanks, GL! Smile

by Acutiebookworm on 7/19/2012 10:13:39 PM

totes helps

by cutiepie14231 on 7/19/2012 9:56:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
Please help me!! This is the 3rd day that I've been eating healthy,and drinking 8 cups of lemon water daily to detox. I also have drunken Gatorade,orange juice,milk,and green tea,too. But I had diarrhea just now. And it wasn't bloody,but was a bit red. What's going on?!
PLEASE HELP AS SOOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Chances are that's from the Gatorade! I know that happens to me when I drink too much Gatorade or other veggies - loose stool, a change in color, etc. are normal. Try sticking to mostly water and don't forget to mix proteins, grains, and other types of foods in there. Fruits and veggies are great, but a healthy diet includes all sorts of things! I'm not sure exactly why this happens, but it's probably nothing to worry about. You could've also had diarrhea because a certain food didn't agree with you or you're fighting off a virus. Hang in there and don't panic. If you have any more questions or this keeps happening in the next few days, try asking your doc <3
Lauren C.

by MadMaddie911 on 7/19/2012 9:51:11 PM

◉Do you need some advice?◉
At ♥Girly♥Advice♥, we give advice on all girl problems!
⦿Like... Boys, Friends, Growing Up, Mean Girls, Periods...⦿
And a lot more! Whatever you ask, I'll answer!
★Of course, with the best advice I can give! Join today!★

by WinnieGirlie on 7/19/2012 9:32:40 PM

Ever wonder what other girls feel? Think you're the only one who feels this way or that? Well, you're in luck! This club gives you a question, quote, fact, quiz, or link to a video or website! Come back every day to answer and check! You can also ask me questions about anything- from the first day of school to the missed episode of Glee. Feel free to ask- or say, anything! Join my club, A Question A Day Keeps he Doctor Away!

by pretty123 on 7/19/2012 9:02:29 PM

ok so theres this guy at my work and he's really cute/funny/sweet (and singleee) and I want to get to know him but I'm not sure how. Our workplace is reallyyy busy so talking to him is hard during the day, but the evening is slow. Any ideas that don't make me seem cheesy? I also don't want to seem wierd or anything because I'm a year younger than him. Thanks! Smile

Hey girlie,

Just make small talk! It'll seem casual and relaxed if you start by talking about work. Ask him how his day was, if he was busy, if he met any interesting people, etc. Share a funny story about something that happened to you. Basically, fill that "slow evening" with some chatting. Don't force the convo, but go with it if it touches on music, movies, your personal lives. Go with the flow! And over time, you'll start to get to know each other better just from talking regularly. Smile
Lauren C.

by privygurl123 on 7/19/2012 8:46:52 PM

the same outfit one is PERFECT!

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 7/19/2012 7:46:51 PM

by HowToLove on 7/19/2012 7:33:51 PM

thats very helpful Smile

by zydiaisme on 7/19/2012 6:29:06 PM

Great tips!!! Laughing

by Chocolate kiss on 7/19/2012 6:24:28 PM

Wow. i think this is one of the BEST articles GL has published so far. Keep up the posts guys!

by bella0_0 on 7/19/2012 6:08:37 PM

I like this article though.

by carinaamina on 7/19/2012 5:53:04 PM