AN HOUR AGO Is your cereal causing you to have a bad day? http://t.co/qBXmfHfn4h

2 HOURS AGO Haute 'n' haunted #HalloweenNails: http://t.co/wibxKc4jOc

2 HOURS AGO #Unraveled by @GenniferAlbin is finally in stores! Still need to catch up? Read the first book in the series, #Crewel, on @wattpad for free!

COMMENTS

Why do guys like girls who act stupid to get attention?

Why do guys seem to only be into girls who wear skimpy clothes, flirt with every boy they see, and always act ditzy and constantly try to...

Sooo everyone (as in my bestie, parents, and some other close friends) is always telling me how I am pretty, and that guys should be knocking down my door. Yeah, here's the deal: that's not happening. At all. Not that I'd want them to be KNOCKING down my door- that's kinda creepy haha!

Anyways, I literally have not had a boyfriend ever, and I don't know why. I don't find myself as particularly drop-dead-gorgeous, but I'm not ugly either. (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though, right?) I just really do not understand it. The only "boyfriends" I've had is in 5th and 6th grade, but I don't count them because I was little.

I'm starting to feel kinda bad about myself because I feel like I'm not good enough to have a BF. People are always telling me that my prince will come one day, but I think a dragon ate him or something. What should I do?

Hey twinkleglimmer, just because you don't have a boyfriend doesn't me you're unattractive or unlikeable. It just means you're single lol. You should actually consider yourself lucky, because a lot of people rush into relationships or stay in unhappy ones. You never want to force anything, especially a romantic relationship with someone. I started dating later on too. Not until 11th grade did I go on a date. I know of girls who didn't get their first boyfriend until college. So no worries. I know you're tired of hearing it, but when the time is right things will happen. Didn't they tell you that princes always defeat dragons? Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by twinkleglimmer on 8/5/2013 1:02:52 AM

MOD MOD MOD I'm the new kid in school. How do i get my social status back up and have friends again?

hey! Just try not to be afraid to approach people. tell yourself you're confident and other people will believe it too Smile

Helen S.

by tigersfan40 on 8/27/2012 8:05:54 PM

Try this with girls, and you'll get an opposite result. Believe me. I do this all the time without even trying.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/15/2012 8:01:20 PM

My crush and I were in the same art class last year. We would always flirt together. He did sit with girls (his friends) at lunch. My friends think that he likes me though. In art he would talk to me for the whole class,wink,once we hugged,I've caught him looking @ me,he made me something and gave it to me and told me to put it in my room! I even asked him for his #, and he gave it to me with a smile on his face! But whenever I text him he NEVER responds. I know he gets my texts though.. I flirt back with him, but does he like me or not? Especially since he never texts back and would sit with other girls.. Is he just a player? Does he actually like me- or someone else? Thanks Frown

Hey girl,

He might not like you, or he might just not like texting. But if he's not responding, take a break from texts and try connecting in person. I can't tell you whether or not he likes you, but you can find out by hanging out with him!

Meghan D.

by Run4Life28 on 8/3/2012 7:53:43 PM

Ok... so, obviously, there's a guy. He was never very popular... but of course as soon as I start liking the guy a new girl comes. She becomes popular, clicks with him over some computer game, and they start dating... needless to say I don't like her & the guy is now popular with most of the girls. Month or so later, they brake up cuz she got all peed off tht his profile still said single on FB. Then I got my hopes up & said something bout it at the halloween dance... wrong move. I got tons of looks & really hurtful replys sayin that they r together & it wuz a mistake. Long time after they brake up for good. Long time after that, and I'm at my friends party. The guys ex (who I act like a friend towards) asked me what I thought bout him & if I had his #. Since I didn't have it, she took my cell, ran off, & put his # in it. Later she said he liked me, but all those girls just want him! i ended up txtin him for like nine hrs! While after, my bff told me she liked him too! & my

by *epic fail* on 7/31/2012 3:11:32 AM

Two of my close guy friends, I'll call them M and J, are best friends. I know J has a crush on me, but I like M and all my friends say that he likes me back. I still want to be friends with J and I don't want them fighting over me. What do I do?!?!

by Flowerstar11 on 7/30/2012 10:57:33 PM

Modmodmod
I have a friend that's a boy and he lives by me he is a grade younger than me some of my friends think like we like eachother even my sisters friend thinks he likes me. She says he looks over to our house a lot when I am out but the thing is I do that too. All I know is I am bored so I look over there. Sometimes I think what if I do like him but I don't know if I want to like him and if he likes me. He will talk about other girls and how they are cute. Its just I told my self I don't want to date anyone who swares or is not a Christian and he does both of those things. We don't hang out very much anymore and I kind of sometimes want to hang out with him. I guess I am kind of confused. What should I do. He was prity much my first friend. I cant even remember meeting him.
HELP

Hey chicky! Don't worry so much about labeling this boy as a crush or not a crush.  Relax and just hang out with him.  If you two are friends, naturally you want to spend time with him, that doesn't mean you like him as more than a friend.  For now, why not just enjoy hanging with him and if later you feel like you want something more, then you can think about your religion and his swearing.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by Alyssa#1 on 7/30/2012 3:22:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
PLEASE RESPOND
Okay so there is this guy, Z, I really like him. We are so comfortable around eachother, have so much in common, and even his sister thinks he likes me. He always wants to engage me when we are in group situations, he'll touch me while talking to me, and I catch him staring at me A LOT. He also always makes eye contact with me even if he's talking to a whole group of people. He tries to impress me OFTEN. So my first question is; Do you think he might be interested or am I reading the signs wrong.
Here's the problem, he lives about 980 miles away and we only see eachother once maybe twice a year. He doesn't use social networking and I don't have his #. I thought about asking his sister for it, but that'd be weird. I feel so strange whenever I am around him, I don't even know how to describe it! It's different than with any other guy. How do I deal with missing him for 12 whole months?!?

Hey girl!

This is a tough situation. It sounds as if he really likes you and you really like him. If phone is the only way to keep in contact, that could be tough. Could you Skype? You really need to weigh the pros and cons of having the relationship. Plus, you need to see if he's interested in being in a relationship too! This is how I see it: if you both really like and care about each other and both want a relationship, go for it. You only have one life so you should be with the person you like! Plus, you can't allow yourself to get so wrapped up in your relationship that you start ignoring your friends and family at home. If long distance becomes way too hard--and there's definitely a chance it could--you need to let go and realize it was not meant to be at the time. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by skf97 on 7/30/2012 9:47:46 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
How can i Burn 300 calories in one simple exercise? Like how long do i have to walk to burn 300 calories??? Thanks! Smile

Hey girl!

300 calories is a lot, and you would need to walk really far and fast to be able to burn that many calories at once. There's not going to be one exercise that can do it all for you. Walk, run, ride your bike, swim--those will all burn a healthy amount of calories if you do it for 30 min.
Rachael A.

by Sunny4132 on 7/27/2012 3:16:08 PM

boys are boys ! Most of them are jerks

by HOTPINK26 on 7/27/2012 12:53:39 PM

1. Say your name 10 times.
2. Say your mom's name 5 times.
3. Say your crush's name 3 times.

by haker13 on 7/25/2012 11:38:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
My best friend absolutely HATES every single guy I've ever liked. She always tells me I have no chance with them just to get on my nerves and try to make me stop liking them. It's starting to get really annoying... but whenever I tell her to stop she feels offended. How do I just get her to stop bringing me and my crushes down?

hey! the next time she says something just tell her she's wrong. but just say it in a confident way, not in a mean or defensive way. That way she'll see she can't bully you, but she can't exactly get offended that you're sticking up for yourself. What are you supposed to do, agree with her? absolutely not. she sounds like a piece of work.

Helen S.

by kaleidoscope_eyes on 7/24/2012 5:44:58 PM

I need help they I like told me he likes me and I told him I like him to. He has my number and I have his but I don't now if I wait for him to start a conversation with me or if I start it. HELP!!!!!!

by Swimmergirl102 on 7/21/2012 8:26:13 PM

I agree. Girls do the same thing sometimes (more in middle school than in high school).

I remember a lot of my friends were obsessed with this one guy in my class. And yeah, he was really cute but he wasn't that interesting. He was kind of absent-minded. But those kinds of guys are usually short-term crushes and once you can get older, you wonder why you even liked that person in the first place.

by NJessicaN on 7/20/2012 11:47:06 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I'm pretty sure that I'm absolutely in love with my BGF. And I'm okay with that.. But the only problem is that a few of my friends can't stand him because they hate him so much. And I really don't see why because he's kind and caring, smart and really sweet. Also, I really don't want to tell anyone that I like him. How do I get my friends to see the real him without giving the impression that I like him?

Hey girl,

Try telling them the reasons you like him when he's not around. Maybe they'll change their minds once they see how much you care about him! Why don't they like him? If he had a falling out with one of them a while back, maybe it will work itself out if everyone apologizes. Find out why they don't like him and then give them reasons to like him! In the end, though, since it's your relationship, you can still like him no matter what they think.

Meghan D. Meghan D.

by smiling4ever14 on 7/20/2012 11:27:30 PM

Please join my club Love Life and One Direction!!!

by gleerules101 on 7/20/2012 11:02:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD!

Hey chica,

I'm so sorry to hear that - I'm sure that must be heartbreaking.  If you want to talk, consider talking to your mom - let her know your concern and that you're here for her.  If you need someone else to talk to, consider reaching out to a counselor.  If getting your mind off it is the goal, get wrapped up in something you enjoy - going for a bike ride, reading a book, hanging with friends.

I'm so sorry you and your mom are going through this, but hang in there.  Wishing you both the best.  xoxo

Marie H.

by vintage50 on 7/20/2012 8:28:43 PM

MOD MOD
im 16 years old and i have never dated a guy, there has been a few guys that seem interested in me but then they seem to back down! Why ?
thanks!

Hey chica, I can totally relate - I hadn't really dated anybody when I was 16, either!  I don't know why they are doing that.  I've learned that the best thing you can do is this:  be open, friendly, and confident with yourself.  If you can do that, you will meet guys - some that will be friends, and maybe one that will be extra-special. Smile xoxo

Marie H.

by forever21.love on 7/20/2012 7:24:51 PM

mod! mod! mod!
Hey I just wanted to tell you guys how sweet it is that you guys help girls out with their problems and give advice. I just wanted to say thanx for all you've done. Smile

Awww, thanks Icecreamluver!  We love what we do and adore helping you guys however we can. Smile  It's so nice to hear that you appreciate it, too!  xoxo

Marie H.

by Icecreamluver on 7/20/2012 6:21:52 PM

mod mod!
so i've noticed i've been gaining a little weight. i stopped playing tennis about a year ago (it was kinda my thing & i played everyday, did tournaments and whatnot) but now i'm back to riding horses. i'm wondering if it's because i'm not running and working out as much? i'm only 14, almost 15, so could i be filling out, and not necessarily be gaining weight? i've had to change my bra size about 2 or 3 times in the past year. is this normal to start gaining a little weight? so idk if's that's normal or not.what do you think? thanks!

Hey chica, It's totally normal at your age to be gaining weight at your age - that's part of growing up!  It sounds to me like you're very healthy.  As long as you are staying active and eating well, that's what matters.  You can always check in with your doc to be sure, but I wouldn't fret Smile xoxo

Marie H.

by Kalulah on 7/20/2012 5:55:47 PM

MOD!
Hey Smile If you send in a pitch for a feature in the mag ("Think you've got what it takes to write for GL?"), how long will it take to get a reply?? Cuz the first time I sent in one, literally after about ten mins I got a reply (even tho it said my peice wasn't something GL would use now). I sent in a second one and this time, it's been a week. Is there something wrong? Thx so much Smile

Hey chica!  That's awesome that you sent stuff in! Smile  I actually don't handle the pitches myself, but from what I can tell they will be responded to within 90 days.  If you haven't heard anything within that time (3 months), send a follow-up e-mail to check in!  xoxo

Marie H.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 7/20/2012 4:20:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I'm looking for a good brand of bras that are high quality but not uncomfortable!
Thanks!

Hey girl!

Victoria's Secret PINK and regular Victoria's Secret have very high quality bras that are super comfortable.
Rachael A.

by snagmonkey on 7/20/2012 4:20:08 PM

MOD MOD
okay, so the other day i asked you guys about a friend situation where my 2 closest friends randomly stopped talking to me after we "hung out" for a night (one ditched, the other talked to people she knew but i didnt and never bothered to introduce) well anyways its been 2 weeks and i apologized and explained how i felt and stuff, and neither of these friends will talk to me anymore, and i just found out that one of them has blocked me from her phone and email and all that other stuff. and the other friend just wont talk to me. i dont really even know what i did to get the silent treatment. what should i do???

Hey girl,

I am soo sorry to hear about the tough friend sitch - I bet it's frustrating and sad to not know why they're givin' ya the cold shoulder.  Is there another mutual friend that you can talk to that might have a clue about why they're upset?  If so, give that a shot  Otherwise, give it a little time and try again.  But if you know you didn't do anything, don't beat yourself up.  Find other friends/activities to keep you occupied.  True friends forgive and work things out, so if they are real buds things will work out.  Otherwise...well, it'll hurt, but at least you'll know where you stand and be opened up to finding true blue buds.

xoxo

Marie H.

by Bootsie753 on 7/20/2012 4:06:08 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I know that in this time of a girls' life you start you get underarm odor and you sweat more there, and I do a lot of dance, so I sweat a lot even with deodorant. I was wondering if you sweat less if you have less hairy armpits? Because I barely have any hair on my armpits, but if shaving would help, I could try it. Does shaving your armpits help with odor and/or sweat?

Hey girl!

I'm not really sure if hair makes your armpits more prone to sweating. But if I were you, I would find a deodorant that's really effective. Sometimes you have to try multiple kinds before you find the right fit. If none are working you can try one that's "clinical strength." If you're fine with the amount of armpit hair you have, then you can wait to start shaving until you have a lot of hair.
Rachael A.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/20/2012 2:57:27 PM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, so i dont have my period yet, but the past day and a half i have had spotty mild cramps/stomach discomfort and weird discharge- i have been having brown/ almost reddish discharge in high amounts, but it is almost like goopy! Do you think this is my period, or just a sign its coming, or something else!? I need to know soon and also im scared to tell my mom if it is my period...any suggestions on how to keep it like not awkward and/or how to bring it up? Thank you so much!

Hey girl!

This sounds like it definitely could be your period coming. As a precaution you could use pads or panty liners just to keep it from getting messy down there. Bringing up your period to your mom might be awkward, but she's your mom! That's what she's there for. Just go to her when no one else in your family is around and tell her you need to talk to her. Your mom is there to help you through it. Try and put aside your worries about it being awkward. Good luck!
Rachael A.

by MorganLynn on 7/20/2012 1:40:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I desperately need some advice. I am also a quiet type girl and I don't show off or try to get attention. The problem is, there is this guy on my bus who has had a crush on me since freshmen year. But, he is actually really annoying and mean. I'm not trying to be rude but his way of getting my attention is for him to be nice to me one second and then be really rude the next. I know people joke around but he has said some hurtful things. He also bothers me when I talk to other guys. I asked him why he cares so much when I talk to other boys and he did admit it was because he was jealous. I really don't like this guy but I don't know how to set things straight. I have tried to be nice, i tried to ignore him, i tried to be mean. Nothing works to stop this guy. School is starting up soon and I don't wanna have to deal with him. What do you suggest? Thanks so so so much!!!!! xoxo

Hey cutie!

It's time to get some confidence and confront this annoying dude! If you don't tell him that he's bothering you, he might think you like it (in a weird kind of way). Express your feelings to him and tell him how you don't like him as more than a friend, but you're more than willing to be friends. With this said, tell him that he's got to stop the mean comments because they're pretty hurtful. I'm sure he'll realize how he's been affecting you and totally back off--especially if he really likes you. If you can't confront him yourself, ask a friend for help. Maybe the friend can tell him you've been a little bummed by some of the things he's been saying!

Catherine C.

by cutiegurlxo on 7/20/2012 12:53:08 PM

Hey Mod!
I know you guys have to read all the story entires and stuff for the fiction contest and that it takes a while because its a long process but I was wondering when the winner/ winners and/ or runner up winners are announced. Smile

Hey girl,

Unfortunately I'm not an expert on the matter, but judging is going on and winners should be up soon. The more entries, the longer it'll take. You'll know in no time!

Catherine C.

by Icecreamluver on 7/20/2012 12:34:55 PM

My friends and I always question this everyday...so frustrating!!

by fallsb-ball on 7/20/2012 12:21:35 PM

finally an answer me and my friends ponder this almost every day i think neneice14 has a better answer though.

by SKYRIM78 on 7/20/2012 12:04:11 PM

Ugh my friend does this...she thinks everybody likes her and thinks shes sooo funny but to be honest, everybody thinks shes totally annoying. One day reality will come crashing down *sigh*

by BBMarie on 7/20/2012 11:09:25 AM

I never thought of it like this...that makes a lot of sense!

by libbyluvs on 7/20/2012 8:36:19 AM

I know i might be in a older age racket (16) I don't know the average age of girls that read this magazine but i think that its seems y'all advice is always sugarcoated and well not always the case. Most of the time guys go for girls like that because they seem dumb and easy, so guys really just wanna take advantage of them. Most of the time they don't like them girls and don't even respect them but they have something they want and they think it is gonna be easy to get, while you on the other hand he might really like and respect you and knows you respect yourself so he wont even go there.

by neneice14 on 7/20/2012 8:11:44 AM

◉Do you need some advice?◉
At ♥Girly♥Advice♥, we give advice on all girl problems!
⦿Like... Boys, Friends, Growing Up, Mean Girls, Periods...⦿
And a lot more! Whatever you ask, I'll answer!
★Of course, with the best advice I can give! Join today!★

by WinnieGirlie on 7/20/2012 7:22:45 AM

this is so obvious...and honestly, i have almost zero respect for the girls like this at my school. i had three in my lab class and my friend and i would get so frustrated...>=[] and yes, the boys all flirted with them. they did talk to us, but i think my group can be a little nerd-ily intimidating to most guys except the ones we would never date.=(

by the_last_ninja on 7/20/2012 7:18:35 AM

MOD MoD MoD
i want to flirt with guys but i dont know how??help please!

Hey girlie,

Start off by complimenting on their appearance, sports skills, or something that isn't completely out of the blue. Make sure to show off that smile a lot when you're talking to him so that he can tell you enjoy being around him. Compliments are the way to go, and if he flirts back, you can make them more obvious.

Catherine C.

by hot mess on 7/20/2012 5:34:58 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I know...I'm crazy. But me and my boyfriend are trying a long-distance relationship. He moved a couple states away this morning. We both love each other so much and just can't say goodbye. Do you have any tips to make our perfect relationship last?
Thanks! <3

Hey girl,

Since you won't be seein him on the daily, find a webcam and video chat! That way you can actually talk to each other face to face (kinda) and catch up on everything that's been going on. If you keep your communication up, your long-distance relationship could work. Nevertheless, if it ends up not working out, no worries. There's always times to reconnect and you never know, you may end up going to the same college where you can rekindle that romance!

Catherine C.

by candycrush12 on 7/20/2012 1:24:17 AM

MOD or girls life user
I just found out NONE of my friends can come to my birthday party. Now normally having my birthday in late July I never have full turnout but no one? I feel really hurt and have no idea what I'm going to do instead! Any ideas?

Hey girl,

That stinks! But no worries, ask your closest friends when they'll  be available and try finding a new date that fits in with the majority of everyone's schedules. Summer can be crazy, especially this time of year, so I wouldn't be too worried. They're not intentionally trying to hurt you .

Catherine C.

by timekeeper on 7/20/2012 1:13:01 AM

Woa...I understand!

by ACaseOfMistakenIdentity on 7/20/2012 12:24:20 AM

I'd actually never though of it like this...
And...it kind of makes sense...

by Acutiebookworm on 7/20/2012 12:09:00 AM