12 HOURS AGO Wanna see what the stars have in store for your future? http://t.co/t6rGzm22ZX

15 HOURS AGO Our secret for beating bestie battles: http://t.co/VHvHgYJ4lj

16 HOURS AGO 20 ultra-easy fashion DIYs: http://t.co/sqS2OUFOue

COMMENTS

Why won't my BF introduce me to his 'rents?

So my boyfriend is really immature. He will not introduce me to his parents when we have been dating for a year and a half. It really...

MOD please.
I am 17 and very much in love with my boyfriend of 7 months. But he is leaving for a college 1,000 miles away while I have another year of high school. Do you think it is possible for us to stay together? Or would it be easier to break up?
Thanks so much for your opinion.

Hey babe,

If he's going to be that far away, you can try to go for a long-distance thing but keep in mind that it won't be at all easy.  It's entirely up to you two and how much effort you're willing to put in.  You'd have to video chat and call each other constantly to keep things going well.
Jordan S.

by scamporeo on 7/30/2012 10:43:37 PM

Mod mod mod!!!
So my BF was about to leave for vacation and we hadn't seen each other for a couple of weeks due to summer vacay so he decided to come to my house with out telling me he was coming. My mom got really mad and so did I because he had done the same thing a couple of months before... I've kinda been avoiding him since then. He keeps texting me and acting like nothing is wrong... What should I do?!?!?!

Hey girl, don't think of it that way. He was just trying to be sweet! I visit my boyfriend unannounced all the time, to surprise him. He just wanted to surprise you. Next time you talk to him, tell him you'd rather be told if he was coming over just so you're not in the middle of something and that it's better if you just knew. He'll understand.

lauren r.

by epeden on 7/27/2012 5:46:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
This coming school year I think I might want to start showering in the morning because then your hair looks clean and shiny through the school day (and I hate going to bed with wet hair!). But I wonder which one is better to do? Part of the reason I want to take showers in the morning is because then I can do my makeup with a fresh and clean face and my hair will be tangle free and easy to do. Which one should I do this school year? P.S. I know this is a kind of stupid question but I'm not sure which one to do!

Hey girl!

It's all about personal preference. I always showered at night because I could never get myself up early enough to shower before school. Plus, I played sports after school so I needed a shower anyway. But for you, it sounds like taking a shower before school would actually be the best option. You listed a ton of pros to showering in the morning and no cons, so I think your decision is made!
Rachael A.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/23/2012 10:11:24 AM

MOD MOD MOD,
So this guy that I don't really know and I have been talking for awhile and now he wants to hang out. He is nice and everything but I don't think I like him in that way and I don't know if I am ready, especially because I don't know him that well. What should I say without just saying, I'm not ready to hang out with you? I don't want to seem immature. Thanks

Hey girl!

There's nothing wrong with not being ready to hang out with him one-on-one. Maybe you should suggest hanging out in a group or going out somewhere public like getting coffee or dinner. At least in those situations other people would be around. Maybe that would help you get more comfortable with the idea and think about if at some point you would like to hang out with him alone.
Rachael A.

by hawaiigirl624 on 7/23/2012 2:43:20 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok idk if i should shave "down there" or not... i have alot of hair there so it would take alot of work lol. i'm only 13 and i trim it sometimes and i think i just want to keep it trimmed instead of completely shaving it. but idk most people i know think that hair down there is gross, and i'm worried about what guys think of hair down there. overall i am just very confused and idk what to do. i thought i'd just keep trimming it and then when i get into highschool i'll shave it all? idk i need advice!

Hey girlie,

Since you said "I think I just want to keep it trimmed," stick with that for now. This is a personal choice and you can always change your mind! It depends on the person whether they think it's "gross" or not - it's an opinion, just like rap music or Modern Family. Some people will love it, and others won't. Make sense? So you gotta do what is best for YOU, not for anyone else. Trim, shave, or let it go natural. It's totally up to you! <3
Lauren C.

by Alykat18 on 7/23/2012 12:02:53 AM

mod mod mod
latley my bffs bf has been a jerk to her and his friends. everytime my bff just has a simple conversation with another guy her bf freaks out and gets mad at her and the boy she talks to for days. I feel really bad for my bff and she doesnt want to break up with her bf but she really needs to....what can i do to help

Hey girlie,

Check out this article (and maybe even show it to your BFF) about a controlling BF: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/11/09/Will-my-BF-ever-change.aspx The thing is, he's not gonna change. If he's controlling now, it's only going to stay the same - or get worse. It's not fair to your friend that she's constantly scared of making her BF mad, or that she's not allowed to talk to new people, or that he is really mean to her friends. She deserves someone who treats her well, cares about her FOR WHO SHE IS, and respects her - not someone who is constantly forcing her to be the girlfriend HE wants her to be. She needs to talk to him and let him know that she cares about him but she's also independent, has her own life, and will not be controlled by her BF. If he gets mad and doesn't lighten up, then she needs to get out. This is a slippery slope because it's never easy to breakup with someone...but if your bestie stays because she loves him/she's scared to be single, it's only going to get worse <3 No one deserves to be controlled by someone else! She's her own person - and she's gotta live her own life!
Lauren C.

by bballrox21 on 7/22/2012 10:10:58 PM

sorry bout that...doesn't sound fun.

by amileofroses on 7/22/2012 10:01:21 PM

Wow, thats too bad. I met my bfs parents even before we were dating. A week before actually.

by PandaLover0330 on 7/22/2012 10:54:26 AM

There are so many other reasons he may not want you to meet his parents, like he thinks his parents will scare you off or his parents won't like you because they are super strict or over protective of him. Your best solution is to talk to him and ask him why and not to get mad at him for not introducing you to his parents.

by scamp24 on 7/22/2012 10:52:15 AM

wow... I've only been with my boyriend for a couple weeks and I'm going to meet his parents in a few days! He met mine after only one week of dating

by strawberrysmiles on 7/22/2012 10:30:15 AM