9 HOURS AGO 4 things that could cause serious probs "down there" http://t.co/py0Tymr2JB

10 HOURS AGO The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

11 HOURS AGO The shocking truth about flu shots: http://t.co/LX6Niz48FW

COMMENTS

Are girls ditching sports for style?

A recent study conducted by the Women’s Sports Foundation and Gatorade showed that many girls aren’t playing sports past the age of 14. Even though the same...

That's pretty sad! I would definately choose sports over style any day, but both at the same time is even better!

by HayEC98 on 8/11/2012 1:43:59 PM

You know, the fact that even GL magazine is posting advertisements for clothing to look good while you play sports is bad news. Even if you can look pretty while playing, it's still urging you to buy the more "sexy" clothing.
Oh, and lavlo? The irony in that is that you misspelled "Stereotype." XD

by Freakout911 on 8/8/2012 9:07:34 AM

I think this ad is true but then, I don't. It is true that girls do take style over sports at 14. Even girls who do sports, can still have style in there clothing AFTER sports. Even if girls do drop out of sports they should be getting their daily 60-minutes exercise everyday. And they should eat healthy too.

Stay strong girls!

by fashion_bug on 8/7/2012 4:28:57 PM

Can someone spell STERIOTYPE? I quit soccer, baseball, and karate, before I was 7! And the reason wasn't so I could be a high heels high(thx Ant Farm!) girly girl! Right now I balence musicals, tennis and basketball while still looking great! And another thing, they should maybe ASK girls WHY they quit! They were assuming. And my dad says about assuming is something I can't even type here, but they totally did what my dad says.

by lavlo on 8/6/2012 11:23:52 PM

This ad is sorta true. The number of girls who wear make up to the ones who don't outnumber them 100 to 10 . But I don't know if this is cosmetics related. I think that girls don't get encouraged enough to get in sports. There are mens basketball baseball etc. on t.v. but not as much womens sports. There are always male jocks and female cheerleaders. Why arent their male cheerleaders or female jocks on t.v.? This could be a reason why girls quit.

by katgirly on 8/6/2012 11:14:44 PM

This is ridiculous!!!! Sure some girls leave because of the media, but not all!!! If I were to quit a sport, it's because I don't want to play the sport anymore, in other words, I've lost interest. Maybe Gatorade should have a study on WHY girls quit, then maybe they can open their mouth about it. That commercial is stereotypical and makes me want to scream!!!!! They're spreading false information and this could hurt many girls.

by iheartpeacesigns87 on 8/6/2012 8:29:07 AM

wow...that video's really steriotypical... just because girls are quitting more sorts than guys, doensn't mean it's because of beauty!!!

by noemirose15 on 8/4/2012 5:30:30 AM

I dont think wearing make up has anything to do with us quitting sports. I think they can go together. I love sports but they aren't everything, studies come first and then sports.

by fashionqn on 8/1/2012 3:12:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have 4 weeks until school starts and i really want to lose at least 5 pounds. Is this healthy? If so, do u have any tips on how i can get in shape and lose that weight?

Hey! just so ya know, girls’ bodies change  a ton during the teen years and weight gain is normal. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by meesby11 on 7/30/2012 5:01:12 PM

Notice how none of these comments are positive and they are all saying that this is wrong or untrue. Sorry GL, good try, but all of these comments tell it like it is.

by LAGguitar on 7/26/2012 7:33:21 PM