1 HOURS AGO Real girls tell us how we can deal with food allergies! http://t.co/u9c0AX6l6C

2 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz What kind of friends does your personality attract? http://t.co/RQkbRjeZXx

3 HOURS AGO Our makeup musts we always have going BTS: http://t.co/WE5hijGzT8

COMMENTS

Are girls ditching sports for style?

A recent study conducted by the Women’s Sports Foundation and Gatorade showed that many girls aren’t playing sports past the age of 14. Even though the same...

wow that's actually a little offensive. Do they seriously think all we care about is fashion. I run crosscountry and track and I'm saying this. Also, it's not that girls quit sports for makeup and fashion. It's that girls might reach a certain age that sports don't interest them. Sports were originally intended for boys and men, a masculine thing. So girls might reach a certain age that things feel too competitive and don't want there life to be all about sports, sports, and more sports. That's kind of what happens at older ages. Some girls may be interested in other things such as music, drama, art... I Really did NOT prefer this article. Everyone is different. You are not defined as a person by whether you play softball, or basketball or any other sport. Though, I do believe that girls should be active daily.

by twilight*gurl on 7/23/2012 10:20:00 AM

i personally love sports and some of the girls love style but i can have both sports, style (double package right?

by cutie00 on 7/23/2012 10:05:58 AM

Susmita24-I agree Smile

I mean,you CAN be both. I hate it when kids/teens always have to be in a certain 'group' the nerds go over there,the preps go over there,the sporty people go over,etc. You do whatever you want to! Go against the grain! You don't have to drop out of sports just because you like makeup!

by iluvmusic♥ on 7/23/2012 9:31:32 AM

Ugh I wish I did more sports when I was younger now I can't and I just do track cause its easy to get into but I would have loved to be good at gymnastics.

by ninadasiy on 7/23/2012 9:27:51 AM

Please! This is so not true. It might be for some girls but for me it's far from. I am the girl who wears high heels and dresses but on the field, or court, or track i am the most competitive and sporty girl! I think you can be both!

by sports_chic101 on 7/22/2012 11:41:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
thanks so much 4 the rachel crow article! i was wondering if u have any hair advice for curly/afro kind of hair and hairstyles i could do?
thanks x

Hey girlie,

Sooo glad you loved the Rachel Crow article! She's great, isn't she? Here are some other articles you might find helpful Smile

- Combat humidity for every hair type (including curly hair!)

- If your hair is dry/damaged, you can always try using leave-in conditioner instead of other hair care products, because it'll seal in moisture and repair damage. You can also flat iron the ends of your hair, if they're starting to split/break.

We love it when curly gals let their natural hair go free, so these will help ya get healthy, happy natural locks all year long!
Lauren C.

by gumdrops321 on 7/22/2012 11:12:28 PM

Go watch Both of Us, by taylor swift and B.O.B, skip to the part when B.O.B raps, like he said,

And sometimes I wonder
All we care so much about the way we LOOK
And the way we TALK, and the way we ACT
And the CLOTHES we bought, how much that COST?
Does it even really MATTER?
Cuz if life is an uphill battle,
We all try to climb on the same OLD LADDER
In the same boat with the same OLD PADDLE
Why so SHALLOW, I'm just asking
What's the pattern to the MADNESS?
Everybody in a #1 draft pick
Most of us aint Hollywood actors
But if it's all for one, and one for all
Then maybe one day we all can ball
Do it one time for the UNDERDOGS
Sincerely yours, from one of y'all

by Susmita24 on 7/22/2012 10:47:19 PM

My aunt also said this lil quote I think... 'Okay, so there's a girl who is so beautiful everyday since she wears makeup and everyone likes her, oneday she doesn't wear makeup an she becomes not all that, but there's a girl who wears no makeup at all(my aunt refers to me), she loves pretty the way she is, people like her, but oneday she wears makeup and she looks so prettier than that girl who wore makeup everyday!' What my aunt means is that you don't gotta wear makeup to look good, people will like you the way you are so just be yourself and be you! Wearing makeup, too much makeup makes you look like a clown so don't change your look because when you change your appearance, your personality changes as well...you won't be you anymore. Hope anybody read my two messages because I'm not joking, just telling the truth and nothing BUT the truth!

by Susmita24 on 7/22/2012 10:39:51 PM

I personally agree with this video but, I still think that girls can be girly but not drop out of sports completely. Even if they do, they should still be exercising for AT LEAST 60 minutes everyday. Everyone needs some activity during their day. Especially in summer break. It doesn't matter if your 16 or 6. You should be active everyday. Drink plenty of water and eat healthy foods. I'm only 10 and I still get my daily exercise everyday. Stay active and strong girls! Don't think that since your a girl, you can't do what boys do!

Stay strong sistas!

Katie Jo

by fashion_bug on 7/22/2012 10:33:21 PM

Are girls ditching sports for style?
My Answer: you're not stating the question right, you should say what types of girls chooses their outside prettiness over their inside body health fitness?
Many girls these days are like dressing too stylish and makeupy! What they don't know that what's in store later on in life..My aunt use to wear makeup all the time when she turned 13 and when she turned 29 or was it 25, her face turned more acne, pimples, dark circles, and she became a bit too hideous as she would say..she made a horrible choice in life to choose to wear makeup at a young age though she was a teenager! It also damaged her health a lot! With only makeup and fashion on her mind, she stopped dancing, going to yoga class, and her regular fitness routine! She told me to never make that mistake in my life, only wear makeup when it's a very special occasion! I'm not 13 yet, but gonna be in oOctober and I HATE MAKEUP! Sports are soo worth your time then makeup!

by Susmita24 on 7/22/2012 10:33:02 PM