AN HOUR AGO So...um...is it Friday yet?

2 HOURS AGO 7 healthy breakfast recipes we heart: http://t.co/EafWjiU63P #GLFitness

3 HOURS AGO Who inspires us to be strong, successful, independent women (besides our moms, of course)?: http://t.co/ktxJfKL7K6

COMMENTS

Are girls ditching sports for style?

A recent study conducted by the Women’s Sports Foundation and Gatorade showed that many girls aren’t playing sports past the age of 14. Even though the same...

That's pretty sad! I would definately choose sports over style any day, but both at the same time is even better!

by HayEC98 on 8/11/2012 1:43:59 PM

You know, the fact that even GL magazine is posting advertisements for clothing to look good while you play sports is bad news. Even if you can look pretty while playing, it's still urging you to buy the more "sexy" clothing.
Oh, and lavlo? The irony in that is that you misspelled "Stereotype." XD

by Freakout911 on 8/8/2012 9:07:34 AM

I think this ad is true but then, I don't. It is true that girls do take style over sports at 14. Even girls who do sports, can still have style in there clothing AFTER sports. Even if girls do drop out of sports they should be getting their daily 60-minutes exercise everyday. And they should eat healthy too.

Stay strong girls!

by fashion_bug on 8/7/2012 4:28:57 PM

Can someone spell STERIOTYPE? I quit soccer, baseball, and karate, before I was 7! And the reason wasn't so I could be a high heels high(thx Ant Farm!) girly girl! Right now I balence musicals, tennis and basketball while still looking great! And another thing, they should maybe ASK girls WHY they quit! They were assuming. And my dad says about assuming is something I can't even type here, but they totally did what my dad says.

by lavlo on 8/6/2012 11:23:52 PM

This ad is sorta true. The number of girls who wear make up to the ones who don't outnumber them 100 to 10 . But I don't know if this is cosmetics related. I think that girls don't get encouraged enough to get in sports. There are mens basketball baseball etc. on t.v. but not as much womens sports. There are always male jocks and female cheerleaders. Why arent their male cheerleaders or female jocks on t.v.? This could be a reason why girls quit.

by katgirly on 8/6/2012 11:14:44 PM

This is ridiculous!!!! Sure some girls leave because of the media, but not all!!! If I were to quit a sport, it's because I don't want to play the sport anymore, in other words, I've lost interest. Maybe Gatorade should have a study on WHY girls quit, then maybe they can open their mouth about it. That commercial is stereotypical and makes me want to scream!!!!! They're spreading false information and this could hurt many girls.

by iheartpeacesigns87 on 8/6/2012 8:29:07 AM

wow...that video's really steriotypical... just because girls are quitting more sorts than guys, doensn't mean it's because of beauty!!!

by noemirose15 on 8/4/2012 5:30:30 AM

I dont think wearing make up has anything to do with us quitting sports. I think they can go together. I love sports but they aren't everything, studies come first and then sports.

by fashionqn on 8/1/2012 3:12:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have 4 weeks until school starts and i really want to lose at least 5 pounds. Is this healthy? If so, do u have any tips on how i can get in shape and lose that weight?

Hey! just so ya know, girls’ bodies change  a ton during the teen years and weight gain is normal. That being said I'm gonna direct you to our fitness page for all our info on healthy living Smile http://www.girlslife.com/category/health-and-fitness.aspx

Helen S.

by meesby11 on 7/30/2012 5:01:12 PM

Notice how none of these comments are positive and they are all saying that this is wrong or untrue. Sorry GL, good try, but all of these comments tell it like it is.

by LAGguitar on 7/26/2012 7:33:21 PM

I don't know what to say about this...
Other than I agree with everyone who's said it's stereotyping the female population.

by Acutiebookworm on 7/24/2012 3:27:46 AM

I think that it's sad that so many girls quit sports, but I don't think that it's necessarily the fault of the media. I do, however, think it might be worth looking into, but as of now there's nothing to suggest that this is the reason why girls drop sports at higher rates than boys. For other reasons, though, I do think that constantly seeing messages like this is bad for girls and their self-esteem.

by supersingershannon on 7/23/2012 9:13:58 PM

i think that you can be sporty and girly at the same time... there are plenty of other reasons girls are dropping out of sports that have nothing to do with that.

some find other interests that they couldnt do as a 6 yr old. some are too busy and feel like sports are their least favorite thing, so they quit to free up their schedule. I'm dropping out of soccer because I would not be able to participate in my art and french club, and i would miss out on watching the football games with my friends, because the game times are the same. there are plenty of reasons why we drop out, and i dislike that this ad is blaming it on fashion and guys and makeup

by parischick2 on 7/23/2012 7:55:52 PM

I don't think it's the media that is causing girls to drop out of sports. I think more of the reason is that it becomes too much pressure once you get into high school. Not only is it not about the fun anymore, but it's practice everyday for at least two hours after school and for many girls, more practice when they get home with parents. Many parents push hard and criticize which only make the girl want to quit. Also, it is definitely possible for girls to love clothes and sports at the same time. Overall, this study is completely wrong. All it is saying is that jocks and girly girls have nothing in common. Way to discourage stereo-typing...

by flirtygirl95 on 7/23/2012 5:06:44 PM

ATTENTION! Curly and wavu haired girls!
Come to my club Curls go curls!
A club for girls with curls and waves. This is NOT a club for staight haired girls on curling their hair just, for curlies. we'll share tips and stuff just whatever basically. this club is for ANYONE with curls and waves in their hair. All races and colors are welcome, as long as you have curly hair. Postition are open!
join today!

by briana13 on 7/23/2012 3:45:30 PM

Awhile back I wanted to do volleyball. I went to open gyms and stuff and the year before I really enjoyed playing for Parks and Rec. I already got my physical too. But now I really don't want to play, I told my mom twice before I got my physical but she still made me get it. She's still going to make me tryout too I think. She said she wants me to do it since it made me happy last year. I really don't want to do it, I want to do kickboxing and take guitar lessons. The other day one of my friends asked why I was trying out if I didn't want to and I said my mom was making me and my mom seemed all mad. I don't know what to do because there is also a meeting that I HAVE to go to if I'm going to play and my mom's knows about it. I don't know how to convince her I don't want to play though. Any help? Thanks!

Hey girlie! Sit down and talk to your mom.  Let her know that even though you thought volleyball was fun last year, you'd really like to try something else this year.  If you were really into it last year, your mom probably assumes you're either just nervous or something this year and that's why you aren't as excited.  If your mom really wants you to try out (maybe she's already paid the fee and got you the equipment and can't return it), try making a deal.  You'll go for volleyball this year and once the season's over (or before, if it fits in your schedule), you can sign up for guitar lessons once a week.  Who knows, you might lvoe it as much as you used to once you get back into it!  xoxo

Kate G.

by pinkguitar98 on 7/23/2012 2:24:50 PM

I love sports, and I don't wear makeup, but that study is wrong. Thank you, GL, for standing up to this stereotyping! You can be girly AND sporty at the same time!!

by future_soccer_star on 7/23/2012 1:42:34 PM

Adults complain about stereo typing in schools, but this is the same thing. This study is wrong. So what if sports aren't for everyone? They're a big commitment, not to mention the fact that girls can get cut from teams. And who says you can't be sporty AND look good at the same time? By the way, this is coming from someone who loves sports, doesn't wear makeup, and is basically fashion senseless...

by future_soccer_star on 7/23/2012 1:30:55 PM

I am fashion OBSESSED (fashion week anyone?) and I am definitely not a sporty person, but you can definitely be stylish and love sports. There's a misconception that because clothes are girly while sports are more boyish that you have to pick one or the other which in my opinion is so lame.

by joetta2 on 7/23/2012 11:41:27 AM

OK I do Color Guard, but just because CG girls are musucly & tough, dosent mean we cnt be pretty & still do CG. Girls can be pretty AND do sports!!! If girls do sports, it actually could keep them in shape and help them stay fit, so they can feel pretty in their bodies.

by Sam Cool1038 on 7/23/2012 11:11:20 AM

wow that's actually a little offensive. Do they seriously think all we care about is fashion. I run crosscountry and track and I'm saying this. Also, it's not that girls quit sports for makeup and fashion. It's that girls might reach a certain age that sports don't interest them. Sports were originally intended for boys and men, a masculine thing. So girls might reach a certain age that things feel too competitive and don't want there life to be all about sports, sports, and more sports. That's kind of what happens at older ages. Some girls may be interested in other things such as music, drama, art... I Really did NOT prefer this article. Everyone is different. You are not defined as a person by whether you play softball, or basketball or any other sport. Though, I do believe that girls should be active daily.

by twilight*gurl on 7/23/2012 10:20:00 AM

i personally love sports and some of the girls love style but i can have both sports, style (double package right?

by cutie00 on 7/23/2012 10:05:58 AM

Susmita24-I agree Smile

I mean,you CAN be both. I hate it when kids/teens always have to be in a certain 'group' the nerds go over there,the preps go over there,the sporty people go over,etc. You do whatever you want to! Go against the grain! You don't have to drop out of sports just because you like makeup!

by iluvmusic♥ on 7/23/2012 9:31:32 AM

Ugh I wish I did more sports when I was younger now I can't and I just do track cause its easy to get into but I would have loved to be good at gymnastics.

by ninadasiy on 7/23/2012 9:27:51 AM

Please! This is so not true. It might be for some girls but for me it's far from. I am the girl who wears high heels and dresses but on the field, or court, or track i am the most competitive and sporty girl! I think you can be both!

by sports_chic101 on 7/22/2012 11:41:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
thanks so much 4 the rachel crow article! i was wondering if u have any hair advice for curly/afro kind of hair and hairstyles i could do?
thanks x

Hey girlie,

Sooo glad you loved the Rachel Crow article! She's great, isn't she? Here are some other articles you might find helpful Smile

- Combat humidity for every hair type (including curly hair!)

- If your hair is dry/damaged, you can always try using leave-in conditioner instead of other hair care products, because it'll seal in moisture and repair damage. You can also flat iron the ends of your hair, if they're starting to split/break.

We love it when curly gals let their natural hair go free, so these will help ya get healthy, happy natural locks all year long!
Lauren C.

by gumdrops321 on 7/22/2012 11:12:28 PM

Go watch Both of Us, by taylor swift and B.O.B, skip to the part when B.O.B raps, like he said,

And sometimes I wonder
All we care so much about the way we LOOK
And the way we TALK, and the way we ACT
And the CLOTHES we bought, how much that COST?
Does it even really MATTER?
Cuz if life is an uphill battle,
We all try to climb on the same OLD LADDER
In the same boat with the same OLD PADDLE
Why so SHALLOW, I'm just asking
What's the pattern to the MADNESS?
Everybody in a #1 draft pick
Most of us aint Hollywood actors
But if it's all for one, and one for all
Then maybe one day we all can ball
Do it one time for the UNDERDOGS
Sincerely yours, from one of y'all

by Susmita24 on 7/22/2012 10:47:19 PM

My aunt also said this lil quote I think... 'Okay, so there's a girl who is so beautiful everyday since she wears makeup and everyone likes her, oneday she doesn't wear makeup an she becomes not all that, but there's a girl who wears no makeup at all(my aunt refers to me), she loves pretty the way she is, people like her, but oneday she wears makeup and she looks so prettier than that girl who wore makeup everyday!' What my aunt means is that you don't gotta wear makeup to look good, people will like you the way you are so just be yourself and be you! Wearing makeup, too much makeup makes you look like a clown so don't change your look because when you change your appearance, your personality changes as well...you won't be you anymore. Hope anybody read my two messages because I'm not joking, just telling the truth and nothing BUT the truth!

by Susmita24 on 7/22/2012 10:39:51 PM

I personally agree with this video but, I still think that girls can be girly but not drop out of sports completely. Even if they do, they should still be exercising for AT LEAST 60 minutes everyday. Everyone needs some activity during their day. Especially in summer break. It doesn't matter if your 16 or 6. You should be active everyday. Drink plenty of water and eat healthy foods. I'm only 10 and I still get my daily exercise everyday. Stay active and strong girls! Don't think that since your a girl, you can't do what boys do!

Stay strong sistas!

Katie Jo

by fashion_bug on 7/22/2012 10:33:21 PM

Are girls ditching sports for style?
My Answer: you're not stating the question right, you should say what types of girls chooses their outside prettiness over their inside body health fitness?
Many girls these days are like dressing too stylish and makeupy! What they don't know that what's in store later on in life..My aunt use to wear makeup all the time when she turned 13 and when she turned 29 or was it 25, her face turned more acne, pimples, dark circles, and she became a bit too hideous as she would say..she made a horrible choice in life to choose to wear makeup at a young age though she was a teenager! It also damaged her health a lot! With only makeup and fashion on her mind, she stopped dancing, going to yoga class, and her regular fitness routine! She told me to never make that mistake in my life, only wear makeup when it's a very special occasion! I'm not 13 yet, but gonna be in oOctober and I HATE MAKEUP! Sports are soo worth your time then makeup!

by Susmita24 on 7/22/2012 10:33:02 PM

WHAT NONE OF YOU ARE GETTING is the actual underlying message here. its not whether or not you can wear makeup AND play sports at the same time (obviously you can do both), its society being geared towards men playing sports (lets face it, we know WAY more male sports stars than female athletes) and women looking pretty, partying and getting boyfriends. you all know it's true.
heck, girlslife even advocates this. and its not a completely horrible thing, but its how life is for girls at this point.
without enough encouragement from peers and the media, girls wont want to continue in sports unless they are extremely driven to do so. for guys, sports is a given.
i think this advert for gatorade and the WSF is a great idea, and hopefulky makes a change for females in sports.

by nebulavision on 7/22/2012 10:18:35 PM

i dont think that most of the girls i know that will quit sports that quick.... go ahead and try but its not happening. i too am into my sports way to much... even though i want to start wearing makeup but that doesnt mean its gonna stop me from my sports... ;)

by amileofroses on 7/22/2012 10:11:23 PM

Well, I don't really know where to stand on this. I know of a lot of "pretty" girls who don't play sports. But then, is the reason they don't play because of beauty, or because they don't want to, or for some other reason? I don't think that we can really make a conclusion on this unless there is an extensive survey of some sort.

by Fly1213 on 7/22/2012 9:47:28 PM

I love sports and wear makeup. You can have both. Smile

by margaretrhiana on 7/22/2012 9:47:04 PM

This is kinda unfair. I'm a 13 year old girl who does competitive school and competitive allstar cheerleading teams, every day a week for three hours and all day camps and practices. I'm just lucky to have barely enough time to work on school. There are so many variables not controlled, you can't just go out and say things like this when girls are dealing with drama, unfair coaching (we've all had them, girlies!), family problems, friend problems, and other things happening in our lives. Some girls need one less stressful thing to worry about !

by kenzi143 on 7/22/2012 9:43:22 PM

I'm pretty sure we can have the best of both worlds. I date other athletes so we have sports in common. Playing sports keeps me fit, and who cares about makeup during a sport. We have practice right after school so ya I wear makeup to school and make my hair look good but as soon as practice starts or a game starts my hair is back in a pony tail and sweat replaces the make-up and my guy is there, cheering me on. Girls can definitely have the best of both worlds.

by luve2cheer on 7/22/2012 7:55:57 PM

and btw, the 1st time i saw this commercial was when i was at a tournament for soccer! ironic right Tong but this is really stupid.

by dojhallow97 on 7/22/2012 7:39:59 PM

Ok that is so so so so stupid! Im a 14 year old girl who plays very competitive soccer, wears makeup, cares about style, likes guys but still loves sports! I wouldnt give up playing sports for enything! This study is all wrong! you can be pretty and still play sports. They need to stop blaming crap on the fashion world... its everyones own choice.

by dojhallow97 on 7/22/2012 7:37:56 PM

I don't even wear makeup...

by topchef88 on 7/22/2012 7:17:16 PM

I think it's a good theory, but it's mostly made up of several peoples' opinions. It could be a reason as to why some girls quit sports at age 14, but personally for me I've gotten into more sports as I've gotten older! When I'm not on the field and in school, I present myself very nice and I LOVE having nice clothes but that all goes away when I'm playing my favorite sport! I wouldn't let the glamour of it all stop me from playing the game. I believe that the majority of girls quit sports at age 14, do to entering high school which brings a massive load of homework, more of a social life, and having jobs and such. I don't believe that clothing and makeup would stop their athletic life.

by michipie205 on 7/22/2012 6:44:22 PM

hahahaha this is a load of crap! so stupid! maybe some girls quit because they wanted to?? and maybe they like to dress up some?! so what?? if someone wants to quit sports, let them. it doesn't matter if they are a boy or a girl!

by Alykat18 on 7/22/2012 6:25:18 PM

The study conducted by the Women's Sports Foundation is really sort of ridiculous and so is the video, but you can't blame it on Girl's Life! They are standing up for girls and saying they aren't as shallow as most people like to believe.

by dracomalfoyfreak on 7/22/2012 5:56:08 PM

i know that at my high school, you are required to play at least one sport. but i know there are some girl AND boys who complain about this! i think that some girls do not to play sports because they want to look pretty instead of play a sport. but if a girl wants to look pretty AND do a sport, they should be a cheerleader or dance.

by girlfunhrf on 7/22/2012 5:15:46 PM

I also think this is an opinion! I play two sports and I don't give a rip about what I wear. The thing is, I wouldn't care about my style even if I didn't play sports! Also, I'm not being influenced in any way to go out and buy the newest bikini or whatever. So this study was clearly an opinion with a couple numbers included.

by E1R2I3N4 on 7/22/2012 5:00:50 PM

Usually, the age of 14 is when most girls start high school. In high school, not only do you have to beat out tons of other girls to get on sports teams, but the workload is unbelievably high. So whether you're "cut" from the school soccer team or can't seem to balance work and play, some girls may have to quit sports. It has nothing to do with style.

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 7/22/2012 12:48:36 PM

im 14 and have played volleyball for 3 years. i decided to stop after 8th grade because when i started playing my grades dropped from a's and b's to c's and d's. i decided to focus more on high school than sports and i dont wear a lot of make up and get dressed up all the time in fact i usually just wear a t shirt and shorts

by sidmoose on 7/22/2012 12:45:06 PM

This is really stupid! Many girls are forced to do a sport at a young age by their parents, so by the time they are a teenager and can make their own decisions they hate it and quit! Did you also think that a girl is a girl they will act like a girl because they ARE GIRLS that means they are not guys they do different things than guys and shouldn't be compared to guys!!! This article is saying that girls quit sports to look pretty, and their point is... Couldn't find one Girls Life!! Guys are naturally more athletic and competive so they will stay in sports longer, but why does it matter to them whether a girl wants to play sports... GET OVER IT if a girl doesn't want to play a sport!!!!!
Oh well this is just one of things you have to let go and deal with.

by Em11ily on 7/22/2012 12:31:31 PM

Although some of the article is right, a lot of girls can wear cute clothes makeup and do their hair while playing sports I think girls quit sports because of our homework load. I have played a lot of sports like soccer, riding horses, dancing and swimming. I also play the french horn and the piano i i also wear makeup and cute clothes, and even date. This year because i made it into the advanced math group I've had to quit dancing and switched the days of swimming. I'm not worried about makeup as much as my grades.

by kisthearts on 7/22/2012 12:13:02 PM

This study isn't a study. It's more of an opinion. When you're 14 and just going into high school, you want to do you're best at school and studying even if that means not signing up for ALL the sports you want to play.
Then again, sports where I live and participate in aren't about doing your best, having fun, or doing stuff with your friends. It's about winning and being chosen for the post-season All-stars. Which consist of the coaches daughters and those who know the coaches. Girls that are new to the sport can be scared of the blood thirsty girls and generally quit after being with them because they didn't learn anything while being on the bench watching the coaches favorites play.
So really girls are just being discouraged by others. I don't like how this post is saying girls are giving sports up just to do they're make-up, flirt with guys, and dress themselves up.

by buzzingbee on 7/22/2012 11:58:40 AM

ok you know what? to all the girls who are saying that GL is saying that sporty girls cant like guys and all that you're wrong!!!! GL was defending us (and i thank you for that, GL) by saying that girls can do all of it!! I bet half of you didn't even read the actual artical and just skipped to the video or just read the headline!! And you know what? Gl was right and the resourses were wrong! My sister used to play soccer and be a total tomboy. then she started wearing makeup, and being interested in boys! she still played! People change and there is nothing wrong with that! yeah there is definetley pier pressure but i really dont think that girls will just give up sports because of that! Like i said before, people change and there is nothing wrong with that!

by smileyfaceincallie on 7/22/2012 11:44:43 AM

Wow. This is ALL WRONG. I see girls quit sports because they don't like it, or they're too busy, Gymnastics is ALOT of reponsibility for me.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 7/22/2012 10:44:42 AM

And GL is kind of saying in this article, "since sporty girls don't ever wear makeup or think about style or have crushes..."

by WinnieGirlie on 7/22/2012 10:06:57 AM

No offense GL, but this is just not a good article! It seems like you are just "assuming" that that is why. This article is a lie! boypolar is right, "what's wrong with thinking about boys? We just like to hope" and ya, boys weren't "MADE" for just the "super girly-I-dont-do-sports" you know... And boypolar, again, is right! This study is MAYBE going to convert more girls to do that...

by WinnieGirlie on 7/22/2012 10:05:45 AM

This is sooooooooo not right. I play basketball and volleyball, I'm trying out for both at my school this year, thankfully volleyball is a no-cut sport, but basketball is.

by Foodiejr99 on 7/22/2012 9:38:45 AM

I know for sure they can count me out of this study. I play volleyball and basketball, wear no makeup at age 14, can care less for haveing a boyfriend, ane wear sport shorts on a daily basis. But it's so typical nowadays all you see on tv and in books are girls who obsess over how they look and getting the guy of their dreams.

by smilemia26 on 7/22/2012 9:07:59 AM

that is so untrue. In my small school, sports are everything. Yes once we hit jr high our girls basketball team went from five to two, but beauty was not the reason. I learn from wearing bball shorts and a tshirt as a fashion statement, what you wear on you or your face is not the reason.

by smilemia26 on 7/22/2012 8:58:50 AM

i think most of the girls at my school quit sports because they started in middle school to be social, then realized they don't really like that sport after all, or are just plain too busy with other activities. i don't play any sports, i played soccer when i was five, but it's not because of style or whatever. i have so much other stuff going on between odyssey, drama, student council, and obnoxious ap homework. i do exercise, though. my school is a bad example for all of these things, because the really popular people (not the ones that just fit the "popular" stereotype) are the nerdy/athletic/yes, pretty/but mostly just nice and fun, etc. type...

by the_last_ninja on 7/22/2012 7:30:35 AM

MOD!!!!MOD!!!MOD!!!
first of all-there stereotyping us!!!! not all girls love make-up and i swim a ton!
second-i think the reason girls are quitting sport is because after a while you realize you have a slim chance at becoming a athlete and you have to try different clubs!!!

by Prim on 7/22/2012 6:44:24 AM

I think its because teens have so little time after school and homework to do anything. Ive noticec that compared to our parents we spend way more time on school work than they did. Its because of colleges amping up requirments, so kids need to start on the long road of too much work starting freshman year....its just how things are these days

by AnimalHugger1000 on 7/22/2012 4:33:20 AM

No there not ditching for style! Doing sports takes a LOT of time, and not everybody has that much. It's also a lot of HARD WORK and some people aren't cut out for that. This is so stupid!

by georgetownroad on 7/22/2012 12:53:52 AM

wow. They think girls just think about boys, makeup, and being really skinny?
They are wrong. I bet alot of girls are into sports. But nowadays, people make fun of others, so they don't want to play. People pick the best of the best for teams and all that. That can make someone not want to play a game, because they think they aren't good enough. And when people make fun of girls, they want to make themselves better, because a certain person really hurt them inside. And the top 3 things girls get made fun of for are mostly: not having a perfect figure, or being to fat, not having that movie star face, and wanting boys to like them because of what others said. I don't really like this 'study', GL.

by lovelydays111 on 7/22/2012 12:48:34 AM

i think girls are ditching but i wanna know my dad says i have to do a sport but i dont know which sports i need a sport that i can just do by myself sometimes but also be apart of a team and the sport has to help me with my core musles have any ideas

by nyneerox17 on 7/22/2012 12:38:27 AM

i really wANT TO HAVE A SPORT that helps with the core and easy to do by yourself or with a team what sports do you have in mind for girls

by nyneerox17 on 7/22/2012 12:36:08 AM

They're stereo typing us!

by boypolar on 7/22/2012 12:26:32 AM

That is such a lie. I bet a lot of girls would play sports if the school teams wouldn't obsessed with winning and had fun. A lot of girls try out and get cut. We get discouraged. I take pe and a lot of girls try hard and afterwards in the locker room they brush their hair touch up and still look great. What's wrong with looking good and feeling great about yourselves? This study is so wrong. Plus on school teams they just choose pros to play on the team not all girls get the same oppurtunity if the girl who's played that sport her whole life tries out. This study is probably made by people who don't understand how hard it is to be a teenage girl. Plus girls don't just think about boys and make up. Some of us have to do a lot of homework and after school clubs and activities. What's wrong with thinking about boys? We just like to hope.....and this study is not helping!!!!

by boypolar on 7/22/2012 12:25:47 AM