2 HOURS AGO This #GLgirl gives you the scoop on gorg glowing skin: http://t.co/iY3iYtAtF7

5 HOURS AGO Currently swooning over these adorbs beach bags: http://t.co/GT2oH9Il1x

6 HOURS AGO Unleash your inner bookworm with our fave award-winning reads: http://t.co/WVbM9Uj7aj

COMMENTS

Get schooled: Upgrade your locker from average to A+

Move to the head of the class with these three quick ‘n’ crafty ways to liven up your locker. Spell it Out Transform Scrabble tiles into...

Hi Me again! So next year I am going in to 7th grade. And I've seen lots of girls this year and there lockers seem so girly and pretty, I would say mine is now, but I don't know what things I could do to make it look like that. Right now the only thing I can think of was more glitter. But I don't really love glitter all that much! Please give me lots of advice!! Thanks!

by hopie9351 on 1/29/2013 6:32:25 PM

*!MOD MOD MOD!*
So I have a super super organized locker, and I have it decorated two. But I feel like my locker isn't as ... WOW! Anymore, is there any crafts or organization ideas to change up my locker???? Thanks!

Hey! Maybe try adding seasonal decorations like paper flowers for spring or metallics for winter. It'll change the feel without too much effort Smile

Helen S.

by hopie9351 on 12/29/2012 4:41:35 PM

Hey bluegreenpurple1, we can't ship to your locker but try entering your home address annd see what happens. For the stores you like go on the website under their location part, enter in your zip code and see if you find a store in Canada. Good luck girly! Xoxo

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I live in Canada so most stores don't ship here. Do you know of any stores that can ship for my locker?
I also was wondering what stores can ship to Canada for cute clothes??
Thank you so much!!! You rock!!! Lynae P.

by greenbluepurple1 on 8/8/2012 6:57:42 PM

Mod,
i feel that i need to wear a cup bra but my mom doesnt. what should i do?????HELP

hey! The tough truth of being a kid is that you can't get your parental units to do anything. You can however, try to open a dialogue with her about your feelings. Explain your side to her in a non-whiney, calm manner. Don't interrupt her or get angry even if she interrupts you or gets angry. That's unfair, but since she has all the power, it's in your best interest not to antagonize her. As in, you'll be more likely to get what you want if you act really, super mature. If she still says no, accept her decision gracefully. If she sees that you're not going to throw a fit for not getting your way, she'll be more likely to listen next time you want something. good luck!

Helen S.

by raelyna2701 on 8/7/2012 5:13:26 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
sorry to bother you, but ive started my period....and my mom knows but during the summer i got it and i had to go swimming that weekend with my cousin at the lake before school started back so i had to sneak one of my moms tampons why wont she offer thetm if she knows that i have it then????

Hey Girl--

Your mom might not even know that you're interested in using tampons. If you don't feel comfortable talking to her about it. Try this: next time you two go shopping together, slip a box of tampons into the cart (instead of pads) and she'll get the idea.

good luck!
simone s.

by southerngirlswagg on 8/7/2012 4:35:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD! I have full sized lockers that are really boring colored. i want to decorate it and make it cuter but i dont have alot of money to to spend on things. do u know any cheap items or things that i can find in my house to help decorate it? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Try using wrapping paper/fabric scraps, old photographs, clippings from magazines, ribbon, and fake flowers to jazz it up! You don't need to buy $20 mirrors or shelves to have a fab locker - it just needs to reflect your personality, which you can do for less than $5 too if you get creative! Smile

Lauren C.

by hes1207 on 8/5/2012 10:59:03 AM

Miss mod!
I share a locker. How should I give it a personal touch without getting my partner annoyed?

Hey girl,

I would talk to your locker partner before decorating -- maybe you can decide on something you both like Smile

Meghan D.

by Inspiration on 8/3/2012 9:24:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hey do you have any tips on waking up in the morning and not falling back asleep????I want to wake up early to work out this school year.

Hey girl,

Try going to bed earlier so you will be more awake in the mornings! Everyone needs their beauty rest, and you will wake up feeling refreshed Smile

Meghan D.

by <3myguitar on 8/3/2012 7:33:10 PM

Mod!
Hey this coming school year for the 1st time, I don't have P.E. this year.I want to stay in shape by waking up early and working out, but I usually end up going back to sleep.I tried putting a lot of different alarms on, but I always end up going back to sleep and wake up with barely any time to get ready.Any tips on how to get myself to wake up?Also, I can get up really fast if I'm excited about something going on that day, so I think I'm getting enough sleep.Thanks!

Hey girl,

Even if you can have more energy when you're excited, if you are groggy in the morning, you're not getting enough sleep! Going to bed earlier will help you wake up, and it will be great for your health! Everyone needs beauty rest Smile

Meghan D.

by <3myguitar on 8/3/2012 6:50:51 PM

Mod
i keep forgetting where i post questions, where can i look to see all my comments? thx

Hey girl,

Sorry, you have to remember where you post your comments in order to find the answers. Try bookmarking the article or always posting your comments in the same place!
Lauren C.

by gumball5678 on 8/2/2012 8:03:27 PM

MOD!
Our lockers are half-size, so most storage and stuff wont fit. Can you recommend anything small, or specifically half size?
xoxo

Hey girlie,

Since we're not sure exactly what size your locker is (it sounds like they might be unique to your school - my high school has skinny lockers too!), try going to the school section of Target, Walmart, or a place like Bed Bath & Beyond. Look for magnets, little racks, even colorful binders or folders so you can organize your stuff in a way that will fit with what you've got Smile Keep an open mind and look hard - you'll find the good stuff!
Lauren C.

by BeautyQueen10 on 8/2/2012 7:43:32 PM

MOD
every time i comment it won't show i'm not sure if this one would show but what's going on i've tried to post 2 different questions on two different articles and they didn't show and i know i didn't type anything inappropriate plz help THX!

Hey girl! The mods need to go through every single comment to make sure no one is asking a question or writing anything inappropriate.  We'd love to do it 24/7, but mods need sleep, too, so there are points in the day where no one is on to approve comments.  You might be writing during one of those times.  If you write late at night or early in the AM, come back around 11 AM east coast time and we should have approved your comment then!  xoxo

Kate G.

by Tinky516 on 8/2/2012 1:15:56 AM

Cute!<3

by taytaychicken331 on 7/31/2012 12:41:51 AM

@greenbluepurple1, try vera bradley! they are expensive, but if u get 1 on sale, its so worth it! they have a few types, but i reccomend the laptop backpack, it has a small-ish front pocket with pouches and slots (for pencils, pencil bags, makeup, watever) built in. the main pocket is average in size, but it expands to be REALLY HUGE if u want it to be. there is a "secrould go, but et" back pocket, where your laptop would go, but you can just put more supplies in there. it has ilke a divider thing for two sections. it has to slots on teh outside for your waterbottle,or watever u want to carry. it has a handle on the top so u can carry it with that if not on ur back. they might b having a bts sale, idk but i got mine in early summer for $60, they are usually 100- 110 so that was good. the money is SO worht it!

by punkrockzoe on 7/27/2012 3:54:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I need to find a durable backpack thatwill last me the whole year. I am going into grade 7 and I don't want anything really "babyish." Do you have any stores that you can get nice backpacks?

Hey girlie! Target and Walmart have cool, durable backpacks that aren't babyish at all.  LLBean also has cool backpacks that you can get with your name on them and in a variety of colors and patterns.  xoxo

Kate G.

by greenbluepurple1 on 7/26/2012 12:47:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Our school's lockers have wooden doors, what can I do to decorate mine?

Hey chica! You can do anything other girls can, but use cute stickers and tape instead of magnets! Test to make sure the tape and stickers come off easily and don't leave a mark! xoxo

Kate G.

by greenbluepurple1 on 7/26/2012 10:08:40 AM

ATTTTTTTTTTTTENNNNNNNTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOONNNNNNNN!
ALLLLLLLLLL 39 CLUES FANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Are you a Cahill who dares be a member in the 39 clues? Which branch are you? Janus, Lucian, Tomas, Ekaterina, or the Madrigals like Dan and Amy? We will talk about EVERYTHING dealing with the books and debate topics! The fate of the world is in your hand! Are you ready to save the world from the evil Vespers? Join now before too late!

by Susmita24 on 7/24/2012 2:05:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I LOVE going shopping for bras and stuff like that is that normal or kind of weird???

Hey girlie! Bras and all that stuff are fun!  Who doesn't love getting something cute that only you know you're wearing? xoxo

Kate G.

by snagmonkey on 7/24/2012 12:01:52 PM

Hey girlies!(:
Join my club

Please join my advice queen page too! Thanks!(:

by monicaisfabuluz on 7/24/2012 10:23:01 AM

Need advice on anything? Even the weird stuff? Wel,l go to my Advice Queen page or profile and ask away! I can help on anything! BTW, Loved the article... gonna use it!

by Shannon.Smiles on 7/24/2012 9:19:55 AM

Please join my club, The Agency!
Its for all you Middle School chicas who need advice on boys, beauty, friends, fitness or just some peeps to help you keep your cool during tough times. Along with the newest trends and gossip, you'll be hot stuff!

xx
Olivia

by Ostar21 on 7/24/2012 8:21:32 AM

Please join my club, The Agency!

xx
Olivia

by Ostar21 on 7/24/2012 8:21:03 AM

trying these n my ughh green nasty locker at school

by cutiepie14231 on 7/23/2012 9:49:08 PM

Cool !!!!! 💋

by twilight1001 on 7/23/2012 6:58:40 PM

Hey girlies!(:
Join my club

by monicaisfabuluz on 7/23/2012 6:47:43 PM

omg i am a total crafter and this is a simple and great idea! I love this article!!!

by full lips on 7/23/2012 5:44:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Whenever I have my period, I bring a pouch that carries pads with me to the girls room, and no one cares. But in 7th grade, there a security guards that patrol in the hallways, whole lot different than 6th. So if they see me in the hall with a pouch, they might suspect I am writing on the walls! What should do and what should I say?!!

Hey girlie! Tell the truth!  The security guard won't be grossed out and they'll be relieved to know you aren't writing on the walls.  Chances are, they won't ask you unless you look like you're hiding something, so don't worry about it!  Once they know what's in there, they probably won't ask again, so a couple seconds of explaining (maybe once for each guard), will most likely lead to a hassle free year.  xoxo

Kate G.

by pepper444 on 7/23/2012 4:46:36 PM

we dont have lockers and im in middle school! I have to carry all my heay books with me!

by pariskitty11 on 7/23/2012 4:45:29 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
Hey GL. I have a dilemna. I don't have a locker! i have those wood cubbies that you get in 1st grade. How would you decorate that?

Hey girlie! Just put in some pictures you love (like a picture of a beach or some mountains) and a little basket for you to put your phone, your lip gloss, or whatever else you plan on keeping in your locker.  Keep it simple, but make it you!  Good luck xoxo

Kate G.

by transform2314 on 7/23/2012 4:02:37 PM

ATTENTION! Curly and wavu haired girls!
Come to my club Curls go curls!
A club for girls with curls and waves. This is NOT a club for staight haired girls on curling their hair just, for curlies. we'll share tips and stuff just whatever basically. this club is for ANYONE with curls and waves in their hair. All races and colors are welcome, as long as you have curly hair. Postition are open!
join today!

by briana13 on 7/23/2012 3:50:06 PM

MODMODMOD!!!
First let me just say that this article is really helpfulSmile Okay, but I am going into 6th grade next year, and its an advanced/gifted program in a high school and i don't know anyone who is going there. Any tips? And also I'm worried that I'm going to lose my student I.D. Are there any tips to not forgetting it? They're really strict about you having it AT ALL TIMES... Thx-a-million!!! xox<3

Hey girl!  Don't worry about meeting people- 6th grade is a great time to make new friends! If you're worried about forgetting your ID at home, go home and put it in the same place EVERY DAY.  Put it on your dresser or in the same pocket in your backpack.  That way, you get into the habit every morning of picking it up from the same place. For the first few days, have your mom set an alarm on her phone (or set one on yours, if you have one), that goes off five minutes before you head to school reminding you to grab your ID.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by Vjazzy08 on 7/23/2012 2:56:49 PM

mod mod mod
I have some problems!!! I mean what do i do if my locker won't close and we can't put our own lock on our lockers!! Is there any other ideas im dead in locker decorating???!!! Help!!!

Hey girl! If you're lockers are supposed to close but yours won't, notify the front office and they'll get someone to fix it.  If your school lockers won't close, make sure you aren't putting anything in there that's too valuable.  Stick to pictures from magazines and of your friends and hang some beaded friendship bracelets from the hooks.  xoxo

Kate G.

by katicat6 on 7/23/2012 2:42:37 PM

Great ideas! I am entering 6th grade and i am going to use the ideas!!

by ShelbyJean on 7/23/2012 2:07:29 PM

LOL every year since 6th grade, I've made a collage for my locker of pics and stuff. ITS SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!

by Sam Cool1038 on 7/23/2012 11:13:14 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
Is Gunmetal Colored eyeliner going to be a makeup trend this fall? What are some other trends and colors for makeup trends this fall? I want to look polished this school year! What are some fashion statements for this fall too? Thanks so much! I want to know what to get for BTS stuff!

Hey girl!

Gunmental colored eyeliner will definitely be in this fall. It's a great way to create the always-trendy smoky eye. Try using liquid liner to make a cat eye look or bright shadow for a fun pop of color. Just google fall 2012 makeup trends and you'll find loads of ideas.
Rachael A.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/23/2012 11:11:47 AM

Mod
I just started straighting my hair and I love it! My hair looks so much less frizzy and much more polished. The problem is I'm terrified I'll end up frying my hair! What can I do to prevent frying it?

Hey girl!

There are tons of products that protect your hair from the heat of a straightener. Just head to a drugstore, Ulta, or Sephora and look around. The products will help prevent damage from the straightener. But you shouldn't straighten your hair every single day. If your hair doesn't get oily, you don't need to wash it every day. You can use dry shampoo to make your straight hair last longer. Also, you should let your hair go natural sometimes--it needs a break!
Rachael A.

by rainyseattlegirl on 7/23/2012 3:42:44 AM

MODMODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!
hi my mom wont let me spend 2 much on makeup, so do u no of any good shadowing/highlighting powders (not shimmery) under $10 good for contouring nose (i have a big nose)? preferably in ulta...also i dont no exactly what its called, i have tried doing a search...what should i put as the keywords when trying to find this product?
thx!Smile

Hey girl!

I think what you're looking for is highlighting powder. There are probably tons at all different prices at Ulta. They carry both expensive, higher quality brands as well as brands you can find at the drugstore too.
Rachael A.

by WhoAmI? on 7/23/2012 2:06:49 AM

Love the ideas!

by Demeter99 on 7/22/2012 11:36:48 PM

I love all of the locker decorating ideas! They are all easy and cheap ways to turn your locker from drab to fabSmile I think having a pretty and happy looking locker will help brighten up your day every single time you go to it!

by diggy02 on 7/22/2012 7:45:11 PM

Let's not talk about school Frown

by topchef88 on 7/22/2012 7:31:36 PM

all i do is put a pretty mirror in mine because like its a locker not ur room.

by Alykat18 on 7/22/2012 6:18:00 PM

Cool. I really like the last idea. Smile

by pinkbubblegum98 on 7/22/2012 6:06:25 PM

thank god i found this.. cuz my locker rite now deserves an F!

by PetitePrincess98 on 7/22/2012 7:54:40 AM

Those are pretty cool ideas Smile

by smiley435 on 7/22/2012 5:22:12 AM

cool such a great idea!!

by millia7 on 7/22/2012 12:16:46 AM