2 HOURS AGO Sleeping with makeup on? Talk about a big beauty no-no: http://t.co/dS4jko36NM

3 HOURS AGO The easiest move for totally toned thighs: http://t.co/Anf69Zawxq

4 HOURS AGO Because who doesn't want the recipe for the world's greatest carrot cake? http://t.co/7zWmJLIVHv

COMMENTS

Beauty Spy: Girly and fresh Ashley G.

This GL beauty babe from Lebanon, OH spills her totally fresh and sweet makeup tips. Find out how babygirl1256 embraces a natural look, but ups her girly...

hey im in 6th grade a i have dark/brown skin what fair color tone is good for me in BB cream? abd can i wear that kind of bouncy blush you wear since im dark skinned/brown?

Hey itssravenn, I think it would be best for you to go into the mall to a makeup counter so someone can help you in person, since it can be hard to tell how colors will look against your skin online. Hit up a store like MAC or Sephora, or head to the makeup counters at Macys or Nordstrom for help. Someone will be able to tell you your exact shade and what blush will work for you. I'm dark/brown skin too and they've been really helpful. Hope this helps you! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by itssravenn on 9/2/2012 5:19:40 PM

whats a good way to get rid of my upper lip hair without waxing???

Hey girly! Waxing is probably the most common and efficient option, but you could try buying a hair removal cream (make sure it is one that is specifically for facial hair otherwise the chemicals in it could be to harsh for your face). They sell these things at most grocery stores! xoxo

Carly S.

by Jbug77 on 8/22/2012 3:58:09 PM

MOD! So my mom said that I can start wearing make up. I'm entering 9th grade this year but I don't know about the very first thing about make up! Could you please give me some advice for a 1st time make up user? I would really appreciate it! I want to wear natural make up, nothing bright or excessive. Something appropriate for school. Thanks!! Smile

Hey chica! Start off with gloss and mascara- two really easy things to use that will look pretty but natural.  Once you're comfortable with that, you can branch out to other things (blush, a little bit of lipstick, whatever you want!) xoxo

Kate G.

by HappyFeet16 on 8/20/2012 10:14:05 AM

1. Think of your crush.
2. Make a heart with your hands.
3. Kiss your hand heart.
4. Put it where your real heart is.
5. Your crush will ask you out tomorrow.
6. This only works if you post it on your favorite article.

by donna1 on 8/7/2012 2:51:34 PM

ModMODMODMOD :3
Im in middle school, i have blond hair greenish blue eyes and light skin, what makeup colors should i try?

Hey Girl--

Since you have fair skin try sticking with neutral or light colors. Dramatic hues could look too drastic or even wash you out. I would try a golden or light brown eye shadow and some light peach colored lips.

good luck!
simone s.

by AnnaB1234 on 8/7/2012 2:00:43 PM

MOdMOD
I want to start wearing foundation next school year do you think seventh grade is too young

Hey girl,

It really depends on how ready you are and the rules at your school. Talk to your mom about starting out wearing makeup and see if she thinks you are old enough!

Meghan D.

by donna1 on 8/3/2012 8:54:49 PM

My skin is a combination between normal and a light oiliness. I want to use a BB cream ( foundation) to cover up zits and just any discoloration to my face. The thing is I am only in 7th grade. Is this too young? Please answer....thanks!!! Smile

Hey girlie,

I don't think it's too young at all! The "right" age to wear makeup is different for every girl, depending on their maturity, chats with their parents, etc. As long as you're using makeup in a subtle, light way and aren't overdoing it, you're fine! Smile
Lauren C.

by BabyDahl13 on 8/2/2012 8:24:08 PM

since i have combination skin my t-zone is oily most time...does this bb cream benefit my type of skin? If not what other foundations are there for my skin.?
How do i apply a highlighter and which one do you recommend at a low price?

Hey Girl--

The cream should work great for your skin. A light cream foundation can work well with oily skin.  Or, you could try using any mineral powder foundation to blot up any oiliness. A highlighter should be applied with a foundation brush to the contours of your face-- cheek bones, eyelids, etc. Head to Sephora or another makeup store so you can find one in your price range... They can even teach you how to apply it!

best of luck
simone s.

by smileyface101yea on 7/31/2012 2:10:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I would like to become a beauty spy and I have a recomendation: Moroccan oil shampoo and Macadamia oil conditioner it works like a charm to soften and smooth your hair and it also makes it quite shiny and plus I dont have a microsoft account is there any other way to become a beauty spy? I have millions of tips!

Hey girlie,

While we love receiving your recommendation (it sounds great!), unfortunately the only way to become a beauty spy is by filling out our GL Beauty Spy survey here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YSKC3RB Take a look!
Lauren C.

by megacutie66 on 7/29/2012 9:38:16 PM

I have 3 questions about BB cream:
1.How do I find the right shade for my skin tone?
2.How much do I need to apply to my face?
3.If I use the BB cream, do I still use concealer?
Also, one more question:
What/who is MOD and why do we have to post it on our comments? Thank you so much Smile(:

Hey girl!

1) BB creams don't come in a huge range of shades. There are some that come in a few shades, but most only come in one or two, which makes it a lot easier to choose which shade to get. 2) Less is more. Since you're young, there's no reason to cake your face with it. It's supposed to be light and fresh feeling, so a nice even coat will be perfect. 3) If you use it, you can still use concealer, it's up to you! GL has a bunch of girls that mod--we're mostly interns here. We answer girls' questions and make sure no one posts inappropriate content on the site. Smile
Rachael A.