AN HOUR AGO 4 brilliant ways to wear a braid crown: http://t.co/Vh5xQu3jr0

4 HOURS AGO Which trendy print are you? http://t.co/ZNIaHQDOTy

5 HOURS AGO This sweetie shows that sometimes life really can be like the movies: http://t.co/5BF8G1XBso

COMMENTS

Party on! 5 brilliant birthday bash ideas

Havin’ a birthday and lookin’ for somewhere extra special to party? Here are five totally perf places for a summer celebration that’ll seriously take the cake. Kickin’...

I'm looking more for what to do at sleepover I'm hosting a big one in about a month. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girlie! Check out http://www.girlslife.com/category/sleepovers.aspx  to get some ideas! xx

Hannah M

by pal242 on 5/24/2013 10:11:14 AM

I don't really like most of these ideas. Some are too expensive and unavailable.

by cheetah#1 on 7/31/2012 1:51:05 PM

Im 12 years old, my birthdays in september but so is my BFFs, she already planned hers but i have no clue what to do for mine. HELP

Helen S.

by fluffypants on 7/30/2012 8:03:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD! HELP!!! This guy that I have liked for 2 years is moving away, and I want to through him a good going away party.. but I need major help with it... He went to another school, but we are still close and he is going into 9th grade.. he works at his own farm and is pretty quite but I think he would love a party! How, and when and HELP!!

Hey girl,

Do you want it to be a surprise party? If not, maybe you could have a cool outdoor party at his house! If you plan it together, you'll get to spend a lot of time together and hang out one-on-one to get ready for the party beforehand, and he'll definitely appreciate all your help!

Meghan D.

by DogLov3r on 7/27/2012 9:23:15 PM

Are you a Cahill who dares be a member in the 39 clues? Which branch are you? Janus, Lucian, Tomas, Ekaterina, or the Madrigals like Dan and Amy? We will talk about EVERYTHING dealing with the books and debate topics! The fate of the world is in your hand! Are you ready to save the world from the evil Vespers? Join now before too late!
I got 7 members, but now I just want 10, will that be okay??
Cmon! There's gotta be 39 clues fans out there!....somewhere!

by Susmita24 on 7/26/2012 11:47:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
HELP! My birthday is in October and I have recently lost a lot of friends because we have completely different views on everything in life. I'm used to throwing bigger parties, but only one of my parents has a job so I can't do a super big party this year. What do I do? I only have four people as an option to invite so what do I do? I need to plan now because with school coming up fast I won't have time to plan then and I need to make sure I have everything in time for the party. What do I do? HELP! I don't want this to be the worst party ever! AND it is my freshman year of highschool and I am not sure if I want to do a guy/girl (that might be possible) or just a sleepover with my besties. At my school, parties are a big deal and I need to make a good impression on our upperclassmen. HELP! PLEASE! Thanks so much Smile

Hey girlie,

Just scale back your party a little! It can be totally fun - and even sometimes way better - to have an intimate, smaller party than a big blow-out. I love spa parties, where you all go to the salon and spend the day getting manis, pedis, facials, and gossiping the afternoon away! Scope out the spas in your area for the best deals and the calmest atmospheres. Some even serve cucumber water/tea and give you shoulder massages while your nails dry! You could also go out to dinner and a movie, or have a sleepover. Don't stress about impressing people - think about what will be fun for you and what will give you a chance to get to know your friends even better. Those are the best parties!
Lauren C.

by ninabeanaboo on 7/26/2012 10:22:07 PM

OMG!! That day when this article came is on my best friend's birthday! I went to her house and gave her 12 gifts, she had a girls only party! Cake, pizza, Sprite, Kool-Aid, Samosas, Indian food, and many candies!

by Susmita24 on 7/26/2012 1:45:11 PM

Mod Mod Mod
My birthday is in early September, but i usually celebrate it in August with my friends. My mom told me i could do something special with one or two friends, or something simpler with all of my friends. Which do you think I should choose? I love the idea of doing something special and different with my closest friend or two, but i also love having all of my friends together! Help!

Hey girlie! Come up with a plan for each and get your mom to approve it.  After that, compare the two- could you do the larger group thing at another time, like around Christmas or in the spring?  If so, you might want to go with a smaller, special thing with your two closest friends.  If you can't ever do a bigger party, though, it would be super fun to have your friends in once place.  xoxo

Kate G.

by haleyhay3 on 7/26/2012 10:38:38 AM

Miss mod!
What colors should I wear? I have peachy skin, lighter green hazel eyes, and super dark brown hair. Thanks a ton and keep up the good work!

Hey girlie! Sounds like you can pull off a pretty wide variety of colors.  Dark hair looks amazing with jewel tones, so try reds, greens, blues, and purples.  xoxo

Kate G.

by LiaBoo23 on 7/26/2012 1:21:51 AM

My most memorable birthdays were when I had my parties at a laser tag place and at the aquarium. Also, my birthday is tomorrow! Smile

by supersingershannon on 7/25/2012 9:28:28 PM

Frown My Birthday is tomorrow and I'm having a pool party this weekend. Didn't know pool parties were 'out.' Now I feel terrible. Frown((

by Bookworm726 on 7/25/2012 8:00:45 PM

Got curls and waves? have no ideas on how to make them behave? found a product and want to rave? got some tips you'd take to the grave? well join my club:
Curls, go curls! its this awesome new club just for girls with curly or wavy hair. We share tips and recommendations. there are 3 positions that need to be filled so i suggest asking for one! and to clarify, this is NOT a club for people with straight hair wishing to curl, just for girls with wavy and curly hair! all races, ethnicities and colors are welcome! as long as you have some type of wavy or curl in your hair!
join today!

by briana13 on 7/25/2012 5:07:26 PM

I might try the ice cream parlor 1 but without a limo.
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
My 18 year old sister just graduated, and ever since shes been drinking. I just caught her outside smoking too. Frown my mom doesnt even react badly to the fact that shes doing that. What should i do?

Hey girl, that's tough because technically, your sis is an adult now. Which means she can make her own decisions. Have you talked to her about how much that stuff bothers you, though? Maybe an honestly worried sister will snap her back to reality. If she doesn't listen, you just stick to your morals, babe, and keep yourself healthy. Maybe try talking to your mom about how much you're bothered by that stuff, too, and see if she'd consider trying to talk your sis out of it. Check out this link for some more help: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2008/08/04/HELP!2.aspx.
Carrie R.

by Kelly268 on 7/25/2012 4:15:45 PM

The girl in the picture has my dream hair.

by girlygirl22werock on 7/25/2012 4:07:00 PM

too bad my bday's in winter n_n

by lilmissamazing on 7/25/2012 4:05:54 PM

My 13th birthday is in September and usually falls on the first day of school. I live in NY and this year its just going to be my parents and my little siblings celebrating my birthday. Any ideas for my birthday that wont affect school?

Hey babe, that sounds like a good excuse for your fam to go out to a super-sweet restaurant for dinner. Is there somewhere close by that you wouldn't normally go to? Or you could all go out bowling - that can be really fun with a small group.
Carrie R.

by ilovejulia on 7/25/2012 3:54:57 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
My 14th birthday is this Sunday, July 29th. I still have yet to come up with anything I want to do. My best friend has been at camp for 3 weeks and is coming home this Friday, July 27th. We already decided that we'll do something together when she gets back, so for my birthday I want it to be just her and me. We have sleepovers all the time, and I want something fun for us to do that won't get boring. Any ideas or suggestions for what I should do on my birthday?

Hey babe, happy early birthday! That's perfect that your bestie is coming home just in time, too. Is there anywhere special you can go together, like an amusement park? Or even somewhere a little less expensive, like a mini-golf course or a cool museum? If there's nowhere like that nearby, you could go out to eat somewhere and order things that you wouldn't normally try. Just be adventurous!
Carrie R.

by karalyse426 on 7/25/2012 2:12:21 PM

Umm, I don't mean to put a damper on things, but you spelled chauffeur wrong... Great ideas anyways. Smile

by alice106th on 7/25/2012 12:26:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD,
I am turning 13 in October, but I am open to having a party this summer too. Do you have any low-key but unique ideas? Ok so only two of my friends like each other, but the rest of my 3 friends are very important to me and I want to share my big day with them too. How do I celebrate with all of them separately? My closest friens are the 2 that get along, so do you have any ideas for a fun day with them? However I also need ideas and advice on how to celebrate my birthday with my friends that don't get along bcuz they're special 2 me as well. Please help!

Hey girl!

Maybe you could split the day up, and spend half of it with some girls and the other half with the other girls? For ideas, you could plan trips to fun places around your area (I don't know where you live so I'm not sure what attractions are nearby) or you could do a fun activity like see who can get the coolest/wackiest/best deals for $10 by going to the same store or mall. You could have a dance party, go bowling, mini-golf, arcade, etc. Stock up on some party games (board or video). Also, ask them if they have any fun ideas to contribute!
Kelly G.

by cmfox99 on 7/25/2012 11:45:58 AM

Join my club

by monicaisfabuluz on 7/25/2012 10:57:44 AM

My b-day party is this weekend and I am going to a tea house with 2 close friends and their families!!

by txtingirl on 7/25/2012 10:55:03 AM

Hi guys, for all of you saying "my birthday is in the winter" well, I think this article was for summer birthdays, the reason I think that is because it has stuff like "sleep outside" and "pool party" and "carnival" and it was posted in the summer. And I'm not saying this to be snobby at all, I'm just pointing it out so there isn't confusion.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/25/2012 10:21:12 AM

My friend had the best bday bash ever! she rented out a party room in cabela's and we went on a scavengar hunt around the store. It sounds weird but was crazy fun. we were running around trying to find a guy named bob for about 20 minutes! lol good times

by billabongbabe997 on 7/25/2012 10:19:33 AM

My birthday is in the winter and I'm def going to an indoor waterpark!!!

by Sarah510 on 7/25/2012 9:46:20 AM

Some of my most memorable birthday bashes were a colonial birthday party and a backwards birthday party.

by otter77 on 7/25/2012 9:37:25 AM

Are there any small ideas? My sister is having a sleepover birthday party this friday and i need some ideas to keep them entertained.

by GeeWhizler on 7/25/2012 9:28:56 AM

I like the last one-- its basically the only one I could do. My bday is in January so I cant go to a water park or have a sleepover outside. The Ren fair only comes in summer, as well as the carnival.

xx
Olivia

by Ostar21 on 7/25/2012 8:21:54 AM

My birthday is in the winter so that might not work but i love the ideas.

by Demeter99 on 7/25/2012 1:29:27 AM

AWESOME IDEAS!!!!! Love the back in time theme!

by Demeter99 on 7/25/2012 1:27:24 AM

A few years ago I had my three best friends come to my grandparents condo for my b-day... Soooo much fun! Hot tub and pool and shopping!(:

by Beachychick on 7/25/2012 1:18:52 AM